PDA

View Full Version : 50 win season streak

BadMotorscooter
07-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Can we sustain it? We barely got there last year at the very end. I think the streak may be broken in '10-'11. I dont see us winning 50 games this year. The only addition we have made is Splitter and no one knows how good his game will be in the NBA. Its a nice run but I think its about to come to an end. Just throwing this out there for discussion because every other thread seems to be about trading Parker or bringing in Shaq.

spursfaninla
07-10-2010, 04:48 PM
if we do, this will be the last year. Spurs fans better get used to some down years coming fast. Our young talent is good but we lack franchise talent that is young enough to carry us. When TD leaves we are a bottom dweller.

BUT HEY! That means we have some lottery chances!

BadMotorscooter
07-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I should have started a poll with 4 selections.

40-45 wins
46-50 wins
51-55 wins
56-60 wins

benefactor
07-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Parker is in a contract year and Spitter is on the front line. They'll do it again.

Stringer_Bell
07-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Parker is in a contract year and Spitter is on the front line. They'll do it again.

Agreed, not very concerned. I like our chances for 55+

Russ
07-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I think the Spurs will challenge the Lakers for best record in the West.

Somewhere around 60 wins.

After this season (or next) the dropoff could be precipitous.

Cane
07-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Spurs should have an overall better season than last year since they seem healthier and Tiago and Anderson will hopefully be upgrades. Another season with RJ + those personal workouts from Coach Pop over the summer should see him fit a little better. Hopefully the same goes for Hill and Blair, having playoffs experience should help.

Not only was Tony Parker injured, but Manu had a hell of a rusty start shooting-wise since he had an extended NBA absence. The Spurs shooters injured their hands in the case of Bonner and Mason Jr. which doesn't help the system.

And at least the Spurs won't have to deal with Boozer who had a great season this year against the Spurs and Amar'e whose always been a nightmare match-up.

m33p0
07-10-2010, 05:39 PM
yes... yah know why? coz it's a top heavy league with the Spurs still on the top-half.

ElNono
07-10-2010, 05:42 PM
80 win ecstasy...

ohmwrecker
07-10-2010, 05:47 PM
50+ this year. Easy.

BadMotorscooter
07-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Spurs should have an overall better season than last year since they seem healthier and Tiago and Anderson will hopefully be upgrades. Another season with RJ + those personal workouts from Coach Pop over the summer should see him fit a little better. Hopefully the same goes for Hill and Blair, having playoffs experience should help.

Not only was Tony Parker injured, but Manu had a hell of a rusty start shooting-wise since he had an extended NBA absence. The Spurs shooters injured their hands in the case of Bonner and Mason Jr. which doesn't help the system.

And at least the Spurs won't have to deal with Boozer who had a great season this year against the Spurs and Amar'e whose always been a nightmare match-up.

Problem, on the flipside, is we also saw a Manu carry this team and we wont see that guy again. He was in a zone. He got his contract. Timmy looked very suspect coming down the stretch. The only guy playing for something is Tony. But will his ego get bruised if Hill plays more? And as far as Boozer and Amare gone, the Jazz still have Milsap...and their are teams that are better than the Suns now....like the Thunder. It is no way gonna be a cakewalk to 50 wins.

DesignatedT
07-10-2010, 06:22 PM
53-29 this year. book it.

ajh18
07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
We look to have a much better team this year than last year. Whether it will be title worthy, well, thats another issue. But I see only one real source of potential decline, with multiple opportunities for improvement.

-Tim, Tony, Manu, and Antonio are all older, and their skills might erode further.

On the upside though, we'll have a better front line with Tiago. RJ will have another year in the system and will hopefully fit better. Hill and Blair will have more experience with the Spurs, and will likely have improved in the offseason. Anderson cant be any worse as a shooter off the bench than Mason, and will add more youth and athleticism. Parker won't be hurt, and will be coming off a summer of rest and gunning for a new contract.

If even SOME of those things materialize, we'll be a better team this year than last.

circ
07-10-2010, 06:32 PM
If Splitter has the basketball smarts he is said to have, I have no doubt the spurs will get their 50, especially in this western conference. assuming Splitter signs... :shifty:

oh yeah, even if the spurs are on the decline I trust in the 5 veterans to show the rest of the team enough to help them along to 50.

mookie2001
07-10-2010, 07:02 PM
yeah the win total came at the end of the season.

ChuckD
07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Can we sustain it? We barely got there last year at the very end. I think the streak may be broken in '10-'11. I dont see us winning 50 games this year. The only addition we have made is Splitter and no one knows how good his game will be in the NBA. Its a nice run but I think its about to come to an end. Just throwing this out there for discussion because every other thread seems to be about trading Parker or bringing in Shaq.

Well, hopefully Splitter, plus a FIRST half of the season Manu, plus a finishing kick from a healthy Tony will at least allow us to maintain last year's standard of 50 wins.

Really? That's how pathetic Spurs fan is these days? We're not winning 50?
:lol

BTW, I'm calling 55 wins.

Solid D
07-10-2010, 07:24 PM
At least 2 wins more than last year.... now that the Spurs will only face Carlos Boozer twice, instead of 4 times this season.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2010, 07:30 PM
The streak is probably over now, but the west has lost some talent and the era of fifty win west playoff dominance is probably over.

We could probably skate by with 45 wins next year and still get the six seed.

Yes I will be bumping this next April.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2010, 07:31 PM
The streak is probably over now, but the west has lost some talent and the era of fifty win west playoff dominance is probably over.

We could probably skate by with 45 wins next year and still get the six seed.

Yes I will be bumping this next April.

mookie2001
07-10-2010, 07:33 PM
book it now, we could live on the juice for 20 more years

at least 53 wins o saddddddddddd

Cant_Be_Faded
07-10-2010, 07:34 PM
But then again
I'm only talking probabilities

Cane
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Problem, on the flipside, is we also saw a Manu carry this team and we wont see that guy again. He was in a zone. He got his contract. Timmy looked very suspect coming down the stretch. The only guy playing for something is Tony. But will his ego get bruised if Hill plays more? And as far as Boozer and Amare gone, the Jazz still have Milsap...and their are teams that are better than the Suns now....like the Thunder. It is no way gonna be a cakewalk to 50 wins.

It won't be a cakewalk but this team seems better than last year and I think we can always expect Manu to play on a high level especially now that he's in NBA-form compared to last year.

Having a contract year and hopefully rested and healthy Tony Parker should also be a major upgrade from the hobbled Parker we saw last year. Parker's ego should take this next season as a challenge like he did when the Spurs preferred Jason Kidd over him.

Duncan did decline noticeably down the stretch but hopefully Tiago and Blair will be good enough to rest him more. He usually plays very well for the first half and now that he hopefully has more help than he did last year, it should look promising.

But yea the West is going to be a dogfight but I think they've got a strong argument for being the second best team in the West or at least a candidate for such.

Josepatches_
07-10-2010, 08:28 PM

If he's playing for the MAX he could average 25 ppg but it doesn't mean that it's good for the team. Bosh was in a contract year but Toronto didn't make the playoffs.

Playing to make numbers it's not the same than playing for the win or playing for the team.

About the thread i'm sure that we will reach 50 wins one more year.I'm as sure as we aren't going to win the tittle.

07-10-2010, 08:31 PM
west got weaker, spurs plug a hole in the frontline and hopefully everybody gets healthy. spurs should get 52-56 wins. spurs have to seriously get a wing defender that can make 3's before they approach the 60 mark.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
There's absolutely no way the Spurs won't be better than last year, barring major injuries again..

Duncan not having to carry the team for the 3rd 1st half of the year in a row + Parker being healthy is enough for a huge upgrade IMO..

slick'81
07-10-2010, 08:39 PM
if the big 3 stay healthy its a no brainer

alchemist
07-10-2010, 09:23 PM
West got weaker, no doubt about it.

stnick2261
07-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah Duncan is getting older, but he doesn't rely on athleticism. Parker is on the young side of his prime years. Manu is still Manu. Add the fact that Pop has been working with RJ... Blair, Hill and Temple are all working on their game in the off-season... and we add Splitter and Anderson to hopefully replace the minutes of Bonner and Mason..... I think we hit 55 easily

spurzzzz
07-10-2010, 10:49 PM
IF everybody stays healthy we could get to 60. More likely 50-55. Hopefully we will play better at the start of the season compared to last year.

DrSteffo
07-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes should be about 55 me thinks. We got rid of Mason Jr and Bogans and added Splitter and Anderson (hopefully). I see last season as an exception. We let pure scrubs get heavy minutes. I couldn't believe it. No more of that shit and 50+ is guaranteed.

LoneStarState'sPride
07-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I say put SA down for the 51-55 wins bracket.

It will be done.

Sausage
07-11-2010, 12:39 PM
If we can win 50 games with Mason and Bogans on the roster, why can't we without?

spurs opsman
07-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I say put SA down for the 51-55 wins bracket.

It will be done.

Agree

Killakobe81
07-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I think they finish 4-5 games behind the Lakers ...

Lakers win about 56-57

Spurs about 50-52 games ...

I think #2 in the west is very possible ...

1. Lakers
2. Spurs, Mavs or Nuggs
3. ...
4. ...
5. OKC
6. Portland
7. Utah
8. Battle between: Rox, Suns, Hornets Memphis and Clips

Dex
07-11-2010, 03:32 PM
At least 2 wins more than last year.... now that the Spurs will only face Carlos Boozer twice, instead of 4 times this season.

:lmao

No more Amare on the pick-and-roll either. That should at least be good for a win!

The Truth #6
07-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Lots of factors. The background talent is potentially way better. But Tim and Manu could really show their age this year if asked to do much in the regular season. Coaching sanity would really help.

One of the biggest factors could be Pop putting down the bong and stop playing bad players and fully retarded lineups.