PDA

View Full Version : "Lakers fans" seem actually more content since Miami Thrice was formed

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 08:17 PM
(posted this as a reply in Tacker's thread, but no one ever reads Tacker's threads, so I thought I'd make my own thread about it.)

All you have to do is look at Lakaluva, who is always a good barometer in judging where Laker Nation is at emotionally, and you'll see a sort of contentment. Luva hasn't spit any venom on this board since the deal went down and neither have many other Laker fans.

Why are they so content? Simple. 90% of "Laker fans" these days are Kobe fans, and with Lebron supposedly "taking the easy way out" by joining Wade and Bosh, it has ostensibly ruined Lebron's and Wade's chances of ever surpassing Kobe's legacy, even if they should win 6+ rings together. Kobe fan will have always have an ace in the hole to play in any potential arguments and comparisons, "Yeah, but Kobe never had Lebron (or Wade) and Bosh." "After Shaq left, Kobe insisted on being the man and doing it himself. Lebron (or Wade) needed to pair together with another top player to win their championships."

And what about the other 10%? The real Lakers fans? Right now, there's no reason to show fear of "Miami Thrice." They're still unproven and it's a long way to go till next June. Should Miami Thrice snatch the O'Brien from the Lakers, I gather Lakers fans won't be that upset. Obviously, Kobe fans will default to "hahaha, Lebron needed so and so. Couldn't do it himself. Hahaha," but Lakers fans now have their own "Gasol trade" excuse to use. There will be little pressure on them as fans this upcoming year. If they lose, they can simply say, "You bitches needed a dream team to beat us" and if they win, "This is greatest team ever! We beat a team that had 3 of the top ten players in the league en route to our 3 peat!" Or Kobe fan, "Fuck Jordan. He never beat a team like this! Kobe greatest EVAR!!!1111."

Lakers fans and Kobe fans alike are literally in a win-win situation as fans, which is really my own personal lament of Lebron going to Miami since it gives me less troll material to work with.

picc84
07-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Lebron goes to the Heat and your immediate thoughts are how it effects the Lakers and their fans. And the only thing that upsets you about it is having less troll material to work with....about the Lakers.

Is that a Laker I see in your avatar?

Lakers.

Lakers.

You can feel it, can't you?

daslicer
07-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Losing hurts it doesn't matter how many excuses a bandwagon fan base has it still hurts. Plus Laker nation or shall I say Kobe nation has always despised Lebron I don't think they live it down seeing Lebron and co celebrate in staples center. The pain they would experience from that would be a close second to what they felt when the Celtics won in '08. I get the feeling that Lebron and Wade really despise Kobe so if they beat the Lakers they will rub it in hard much like the mavs did when they beat the spurs.

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Lebron goes to the Heat and your immediate thoughts are how it effects the Lakers and their fans. And the only thing that upsets you about it is having less troll material to work with....about the Lakers.

Is that a Laker I see in your avatar?

Lakers.

Lakers.

You can feel it, can't you?

This original post was actually in response to the idea that Lakers fans are butthurt over these signings. From my perspective, you guys look right as rain, and I'm explaining why. It really is a win-win situation this upcoming year.

But yeah, I like trolling Lakers fans.

Josepatches_
07-10-2010, 08:38 PM

"Yeah, but Kobe never had Lebron (or Wade) and Bosh." "After Shaq left, Kobe insisted on being the man and doing it himself. Lebron (or Wade) needed to pair together with another top player to win their championships."

And Kobe has the same problem.He wasn't able to win without Pau and Pau was/is an all-star.

The fact is Lebron's Cavaliers were better than Kobe's 05-07 Lakers

MiamiHeat
07-10-2010, 08:40 PM
They are scared.

They don't know what to say, and they can't talk shit as the supreme dogs due to stacked laker team anymore.

That's all it is. They are in shock.

Mike-in-brazil
07-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Simple. 90% of "Laker fans"

because u know 90% of billions of people huh?!?!...lol

miserableman
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Hello. Long time lurker and admirer of the board. Lifetime Laker fan. 32 yo.

I can't speak for the rest of the Laker fans, but I'm more content because of several reasons:

1. Teams gearing up for the free agency bonanza this year created a lot of cap room so any decent player will be given a big contract which leaves slim pickins for the Heat to fill out roster.

2. Currently, the Lakers front court is still superior to the Heat.

3. The big 3 in Boston are made up of complimentary pieces: Shooter, Slasher, Post. The Heat so far have no real reason to spread the defense.. all I see is packing the paint.

But.. the main reason I'm happy, and it has nothing to do with the Heat, is that the West got so much weaker this offseason. 2 of the 3 teams we saw in the Western playoffs lost their starting PF to the East. For the Heat to even make it to the Finals they're going to have to go through some tough teams. While it seems as though the Lakers will have an easier road back to the Finals this year -- you know, barring injuries.

Mike-in-brazil
07-10-2010, 09:07 PM
scared of what???...last i check .....championship runs through L.A yall got to come and get it, but first take those C's down they still look like east champs until proven other wise.
see if yall can beat that Boston Defense...if miami has no bench or Defense its a wrap

MiamiHeat
07-10-2010, 09:15 PM
3. The big 3 in Boston are made up of complimentary pieces: Shooter, Slasher, Post. The Heat so far have no real reason to spread the defense.. all I see is packing the paint.

Mike Miller signed with the Heat. It's being finalized on Monday

miserableman
07-10-2010, 09:19 PM

He's no Ray Allen. I still think the Heat have a better than not chance of making it to the Finals. But it's undeniable that the Lakers have a way better chance to make it cuz the West got weaker.

DJ Mbenga
07-10-2010, 09:23 PM
my view is they see that the kobe vs lebron debate is long over, lebron just killed his arguments. secondly, everyone left the west, making it even easier to win for the lakers.

ogait
07-10-2010, 09:36 PM
If I am a Laker fan this is how I look at this.

3 Superstars have to join forces to beat the reigning champions because there's no other way they could beat them.

LA front office will be more committed to make sure they are up to the challenge.

So far all this free agency has done is making the west weaker witch is good for the Lakers.

And finally, Phill Jackson last year, Kobe with a chance to get to 6 championship equalling Jordan, against the team that threatens to dominate the next decade in the NBA. I mean it pretty much guarantees a Lakers-Heat final.

So yeah why wouldn´t they be happy. This is good for the Heat, good for the Lakers and terrible for the rest of the NBA.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Miller is done. He will definetly help them but let's face it... his best years are definetly in the past.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Hello. Long time lurker and admirer of the board. Lifetime Laker fan. 32 yo.

I can't speak for the rest of the Laker fans, but I'm more content because of several reasons:

1. Teams gearing up for the free agency bonanza this year created a lot of cap room so any decent player will be given a big contract which leaves slim pickins for the Heat to fill out roster.

2. Currently, the Lakers front court is still superior to the Heat.

But.. the main reason I'm happy, and it has nothing to do with the Heat, is that the West got so much weaker this offseason. 2 of the 3 teams we saw in the Western playoffs lost their starting PF to the East. For the Heat to even make it to the Finals they're going to have to go through some tough teams. While it seems as though the Lakers will have an easier road back to the Finals this year -- you know, barring injuries.

Nice post :toast I said basically the same in another thread. Bynum is going to be a huge factor should they meet. They still have no answer for the Lakers length. And the key, as you pointed out is that the Lakers path the the finals just got a lot easier and any east teams path just got a lot tougher.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2010, 09:53 PM
:lol Bynum is going to be a huge factor :lol..how many times do we have to hear this?..is it ever going to happen?..

Mike Miller was arguably much better than Artest was last year, despite having an off-year due to injuries..

The Lakers run to the title will be more difficult next year..

cobbler
07-10-2010, 09:56 PM
If I am a Laker fan this is how I look at this.

3 Superstars have to join forces to beat the reigning champions because there's no other way they could beat them.

LA front office will be more committed to make sure they are up to the challenge.

So far all this free agency has done is making the west weaker witch is good for the Lakers.

And finally, Phill Jackson last year, Kobe with a chance to get to 6 championship equalling Jordan, against the team that threatens to dominate the next decade in the NBA. I mean it pretty much guarantees a Lakers-Heat final.

So yeah why wouldn´t they be happy. This is good for the Heat, good for the Lakers and terrible for the rest of the NBA.

You gotta just love it. Year after year the landscape shifts to try to figure out a way to topple the Lakers. Year after year we hear all season long how this it the year that "fill in team" will do just that. And year after year we dust off another spot in the trophy case and start the cycle over again.

Will they ever learn?

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 09:59 PM
You gotta just love it. Year after year the landscape shifts to try to figure out a way to topple the Lakers. Year after year we hear all season long how this it the year that "fill in team" will do just that. And year after year we dust off another spot in the trophy case and start the cycle over again.

Will they ever learn?

What happened during the 60s, 70s, the years in the 80s, the entire 90s, and 03, 04, 05, 06, 06, 07, 08?

Teams have always figured out how to beat that circus, it's why you're still 6 behind in total titles won.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 10:02 PM
:lol Bynum is going to be a huge factor :lol..how many times do we have to hear this?..is it ever going to happen?..

Mike Miller was arguably much better than Artest was last year, despite having an off-year due to injuries..

The Lakers run to the title will be more difficult next year..

Bynum though hurt this year was still a huge factor. Lakers don't win the title without his 50% presence. Hopefully, crossing fingers, the kid can stay healthy this upcomming season. Only a fool would think that he's not a key piece to the Lakers front court advantage over other teams.

Arguably much better? Let me guess, this is where all we hear about is stats and shooting %. Nothing to do with the hierarchy of the team, the roles they played, defense, or other intangibles. Right?

cobbler
07-10-2010, 10:08 PM
What happened during the 60s, 70s, the years in the 80s, the entire 90s, and 03, 04, 05, 06, 06, 07, 08?

Teams have always figured out how to beat that circus, it's why you're still 6 behind in total titles won.

No, we are one behind.

And every team has it down years and so have the Lakers. No team does a better job though of rebuilding quicker. I think being in half the finals ever played says something, no? I know the feeling you all are going through. It hurts. I dealt with it in the 60's as we and every other team tried do whatever it took to take down the Celts. We failed. It hurts.

Not so much now though! :toast

MiamiHeat
07-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Wade lost to the Celtics
LeBron lost to the Celtics
Kobe lost to the Celtics in 2008 and was a Perkins injury away from losing again in 2010

result?

Lakerfan : they teamed up to beat us!!

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 10:14 PM
No, we are on behind.

And every team has it down years and so have the Lakers. No team does a better job though of rebuilding quicker. I think being in half the finals ever played says something, no? I know the feeling you all are going through. It hurts. I dealt with it in the 60's as we and every other team tried do whatever it took to take down the Celts. We failed. It hurts.

Not so much now though! :toast

No team shouldn't with the kind of money the Lakers throw around and the way they hi-jack other team's talent. Not to mention the attraction of playing and living in "beautiful" Los Angeles. Shaq went to that circus when Orlando essentially matched LA's offer because he wanted to cut terrible rap albums and make shitty movies.

himat
07-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Wade lost to the Celtics
LeBron lost to the Celtics
Kobe lost to the Celtics in 2008 and was a Perkins injury away from losing again in 2010

result?

Lakerfan : they teamed up to beat us!!

Kendrick Perkins is a really solid defender, but lets get real here. Rasheed did one hell of a job in his final game. Not only is he better offensively but he's a better man defender too. Kendrick Perkins is just a better rebounder.

I remember telling you this before do you remember how every player was panicking (b/c it was Game 7 of the Finals) and Rasheed would always do this calm turnaround off the glass jumper? Well if you don't it accounted for most of Boston's early points. He even hit a 3 pointer late to keep the Celtics in it.

Now if you are going to argue that Sheed could have done that off the bench and that Kendrick could have added even more help then I'd tell you that minutes would get split up so that's not true. But if you keep going with that argument (since thats all you do) I can assure you that Andrew Bynum's injury throughout the entire series hurt the Lakers more than Kendrick being out one game.

If Andrew Bynum wasn't hurt that LA wins that series in 5 or 6 games because the Celtics would just not be able to match that size.

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Listen midnight. My paypal account could use another deposit if you feel in a charitable mood again. There is nothing to really say here. We just went bac2back. I'm more concerned with what our new rings will look like, or will there be enough space in Staples for that 16th banner. You know, shit that actually matters. No need busting a nut over Lebron's cowardly act.

I've been telling you clowns for two years that James was not a prime time player. You think that will change with Wade and Bosh? There is no Kobe to bail those three losers out in big games like in the Olympics. These three despise Kobe... you know why? This was suppose to be their time to shine. Kobe was suppose to be done and they would be tallying up titles. I give James credit, this was a smart move by him. There was no way he was ever winning a title as the lead guy. James is the KG if this bunch, and Bosh is the Ray Allen. Since the forming of The Big Three in Boston, Kobe has won back2back. We've silenced all the critics, and have given you someone else to hate in the process. We're sitting on cloud 9, son.

Not ready to bet on these dudes yet. Who knows how this allegiance is going to work out? Could end up like 2004.

Wade was equally as good in the Gold medal game, though. Hit just as many big shots down the stretch. He was also world's better than Kobe "I shot 30% against Angola" Bryant throughout the entire tournament.

Kobe "6-24 in Game 7" Bryant has indeed gone back 2 back, but we have to give equal amounts of credit to The Big Spaniard, no?

MiamiHeat
07-10-2010, 10:34 PM
:lol at ignoring kobe's HORRIBLE performances and overrated persona and just pointing to "rings" as a defense, cause the rings mean more than sucking ass and ballhogging, cause "winning is what matters"

then in the same breath,

shitting on wade/bron/bosh who are about to get those "rings" by playing unselfish bball :lol

daslicer
07-10-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm going to enjoy seeing Wade and Lebron take large dumps on the Lakers. I wonder if Kobe will guard either one of them or will he cop out and guard a scrub like Mario Chalmers to avoid getting lit up. Artest will have a meltdown guarding either player.

himat
07-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Kobe "6-24 in Game 7" Bryant has indeed gone back 2 back, but we have to give equal amounts of credit to The Big Spaniard, no?

For sure. Kobe was the best player on the court for the first 6 games though and haters (not you) sometimes forget that.

Yes he struggled from the floor in Game 7 but at least he did something in else in pulling down 15 boards.

But it was a team effort. I thought Ron Artest was the best player in Game 7. Not only did he clean up a lot of bad shots and make 3's, but he did something more important, shut down Paul Pierce.

himat
07-10-2010, 10:37 PM
:lol at ignoring kobe's HORRIBLE performances and overrated persona and just pointing to "rings" as a defense, cause the rings mean more than sucking ass and ballhogging, cause "winning is what matters"

then in the same breath,

shitting on wade/bron/bosh who are about to get those "rings" by playing unselfish bball :lol

:lol At ignoring him playing the best basketball in the 6 games before that.

IronMexican
07-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Bynum is the future GOAT

IronMexican
07-10-2010, 10:39 PM
And I can't wait for next season to start. Actually gonna watch more regular season games this year. Probably watched around 60-70% this past season.

j.dizzle
07-10-2010, 10:40 PM

then in the same breath,

What state do you live in MH?

miserableman
07-10-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm excited about the East this year. Chicago upgraded. Knicks upgraded?? Miami formed a strong nucleus for the next 6 years. Orlando, Boston and Atlanta are essentially the same good teams they were last year.

No one is counting out the Heat. I just hope they get some good players. Beasley would have been decent coming off the bench for Bosh, but I guess the finances didn't work out? Big Z wouldn't be a bad starting 5. Juwan maybe for 6th man. When Z needs a breather you can run small. So with Miller on board, is Flash gonna run point? If the Heat DO sign Fisher and Miller is backup SG for Wade, that's starting to look pretty mean.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 10:48 PM
No team shouldn't with the kind of money the Lakers throw around and the way they hi-jack other team's talent. Not to mention the attraction of playing and living in "beautiful" Los Angeles. Shaq went to that circus when Orlando essentially matched LA's offer because he wanted to cut terrible rap albums and make shitty movies.

uhhh ok... thanks for agreeing! :toast

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 10:49 PM
What's hilarious is how excited Spur fan is that ANOTHER team has a chance to beat LA. They've given up on their own team ever performing that feat again so they tie their hopes to the next best team like the little bandwagoners they are.

Spur fans truly are the biggest bandwagoning fanbase.

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 10:50 PM
For sure. Kobe was the best player on the court for the first 6 games though and haters (not you) sometimes forget that.

Yes he struggled from the floor in Game 7 but at least he did something in else in pulling down 15 boards.

But it was a team effort. I thought Ron Artest was the best player in Game 7. Not only did he clean up a lot of bad shots and make 3's, but he did something more important, shut down Paul Pierce.

No he wasn't.

Gasol and Ray Allen were both better than him in Game 2, a game the Lakers lost.

Derek Fisher and Lamar Odom were just as good as 10-29 Kobe in Game 3.

Gasol and Paul Pierce were just as good as Kobe in Game 5. Kobe had 7 fuckin' TOs in that game and was horrible down the stretch.

He had a very underwhelming series and essentially won the Finals MVP by default. Gasol would literally have to play otherworldly for the always media conscious NBA to not award it to the most popular player in the league.

j.dizzle
07-10-2010, 10:52 PM
What's hilarious is how excited Spur fan is that ANOTHER team has a chance to beat LA. They've given up on their own team ever performing that feat again so they tie their hopes to the next best team like the little bandwagoners they are.

They just resigned Matt Bonner , they're in good shape. :lmao

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 10:53 PM
No he wasn't.

Gasol and Ray Allen were both better than him in Game 2, a game the Lakers lost.

Gasol and Paul Pierce were just as good as Kobe in Game 5. Kobe had 7 fuckin' TOs in that game and was horrible down the stretch.

He had a very underwhelming series and essentially won the Finals MVP by default. Gasol would literally have to play otherworldly for the always media conscious NBA to not award it to the most popular player in the league.

Kobe had one bad game in the entire series. The rest he either played his averages or better.

He didn't win by default. He won MVP because over the course of the series he was consistently the best player on the floor.

God, Spur fan just can't stop hating. Kobe has won two titles without Shaq. Give it up already.

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 10:55 PM

You really do have reading comprehension issues, don't you?

Laker fan says, "Spur fan explaining how Laker fan seems happier since the deal went down in Miami means that Spur fan is hopping aboard the Heat Bandwagon!"

miserableman
07-10-2010, 10:55 PM
@Midnight Pulp's profile pic:

I remember those years. Sedale, Elden, Nick Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Doug Christie, Ceballos.. those were some good times.

Anybody who thinks Phil Jackson is not a good coach doesn't realize that Shaq and Kobe were first round exits before him. And on paper they had a better team.

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Kobe had one bad game in the entire series. The rest he either played his averages or better.

He didn't win by default. He won MVP because over the course of the series he was consistently the best player on the floor.

God, Spur fan just can't stop hating. Kobe has won two titles without Shaq. Give it up already.

So 10-29 is on his "averages?"

7 TOs in on his "averages?"

:lmao

Dumbfuck Laker fan, only knows how to read the PPG portion of the box score.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 10:58 PM

then in the same breath,

Is that something like bashing Kobe for his first 3 titles because he was 1b to Shaqs 1a and saying his accomplishments are tainted because he wasn't the main man on his team and then applauding wade/bron/bosh for abandoning their main man status? :lol

According to all you haters logic... if the heat win any rings, their value to the personal legacies of each player is greatly diminished.

...or let me guess, that's all changed now that the argument hurts you. :lol

cobbler
07-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm going to enjoy seeing Wade and Lebron take large dumps on the Lakers. I wonder if Kobe will guard either one of them or will he cop out and guard a scrub like Mario Chalmers to avoid getting lit up. Artest will have a meltdown guarding either player.

Artest has a proven record against Lebron. Try again.

Kobe has always relished playing against DWade.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 11:01 PM
What state do you live in MH?

A state of confusion and ignorance. :toast

IronMexican
07-10-2010, 11:03 PM
cobbler, did Chris Richards pay?

himat
07-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Do you remember Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson discussing whether or not Kobe should win the Finals MVP even if Boston won?

Well they discussed that because Kobe performed the best throughout the series. He didn't just win it because of his name.

I think they know a little bit more about basketball than you do.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 11:06 PM
No he wasn't.

So you are saying MVP's are subjective and not indicative of what really happens in the games? I can't argue against that. So I guess that tosses out all the MVP's for player vs player arguments.

himat
07-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Artest has a proven record against Lebron. Try again.

Kobe has always relished playing against DWade.

Hmm? I thought Artest had trouble with explosive guys like LeBron but he could outmuscle the power small forwards like Melo and Paul Pierce.

I wish that wasn't the case, but thats what I've seen from Artest.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 11:11 PM
cobbler, did Chris Richards pay?

Hasn't shown his face since game 7 ended. Pussy Welcher. I even had it set up that he didn't have to pay me and could honor the bet by making a contrubution to Kori to help with expenses and I would even match it.

I matched it anyway, but ChrisR has long disappeared. To be hones't, it's worth the 100 bucks to not have to read his ridiculous rants.

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 11:12 PM
So you are saying MVP's are subjective and not indicative of what really happens in the games? I can't argue against that. So I guess that tosses out all the MVP's for player vs player arguments.

Nice try. But that's not what I'm saying at all.

I referred to a specific example, in this case, what it would take for Gasol to win the Finals MVP instead of Kobe, who is without a doubt the most popular player in the world.

And the same would've been true for Pippen, but Pippen never really made it close with any of his Finals performances.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Hmm? I thought Artest had trouble with explosive guys like LeBron but he could outmuscle the power small forwards like Melo and Paul Pierce.

I wish that wasn't the case, but thats what I've seen from Artest.

I could be wrong... but i remember seeing some stats where LBJ had performed below his averages against Artest. I'm too lazy at the moment to research it. It's one of the reasons the Lakers brought him in. To deal with the bigger bodies in Melo, Pierce, and Bron that Ariza had trouble with.

BadOdor
07-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Spur fan have fallen pretty far, tbh. They've given up on their own team and are now basically concerned with anyone that could beat the lakers.

lol spur fan.

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Spur fan have fallen pretty far, tbh. They've given up on their own team and are now basically concerned with anyone that could beat the lakers.

lol spur fan.

Laker fan says, "Spur fan explaining how Laker fan seems happier since the deal went down in Miami means that Spur fan is hopping aboard the Heat Bandwagon!"

BadOdor
07-10-2010, 11:18 PM

C'mon son, you gonna pretend like there aren't dozens of little spurs running around beating their chest "lol laker fan scared", living threw the miami heat?

Well,at least you realize the lakers are coming out the west:toast

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 11:21 PM
C'mon son, you gonna pretend like there aren't dozens of little spurs running around beating their chest "lol laker fan scared", living threw the miami heat?

Well,at least you realize the lakers are coming out the west:toast

I never stated such, either. But they are definitely the odds on favorites.

I think the Spurs might have the best chance at the upset, actually. No other West team outside Dampwood really has any front line to speak of.

BadOdor
07-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I never stated such, either. But they are definitely the odds on favorites.

I think the Spurs might have the best chance at the upset, actually. No other West team outside Dampwood really has any front line to speak of.

Good for you then. Living threw other teams is a loser's comfort anyway.

DazedAndConfused
07-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Good for you then. Living threw other teams is a loser's comfort anyway.

I agree with your points, but for fuck sakes it's "THROUGH" not "THREW"...

BadOdor
07-10-2010, 11:32 PM

Sons thank you for furthering my education.

cobbler
07-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Grammar NAZI!!!!!

midnightpulp
07-10-2010, 11:33 PM

You shouldn't be correcting anyone on anything language related since you have the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader.

PublicOption
07-10-2010, 11:34 PM
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n3lphc&s=3

sabar
07-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Of course they are more content

1. They get to fly under the radar and steamroll the entire league in the process
2. No pressure on the team, all the pressure on Miami
3. They are used to being hated and in the spotlight, refreshing new experience
4. Can spew hate at Lebron and Miami... and most other fans will agree with them
5. Failure of Miami to win title each year tarnishes legacy of other players
6. All the stars are in one team, beat them in the finals and no one questions LA went through the best of the best

21_Blessings
07-11-2010, 09:19 AM
We're content because we were right about everything and Ebanks/Caracter are absolute steals.

Good luck NBA. :bking:

Ashy Larry
07-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Is that something like bashing Kobe for his first 3 titles because he was 1b to Shaqs 1a and saying his accomplishments are tainted because he wasn't the main man on his team

most people know the real NBA Finals in 2001 was Lakers vs Spurs and clearly the MVP of that series was Bryant ........ even Spur fan knows that shit.

Ashy Larry
07-11-2010, 09:44 AM
We're content because we were right about everything and Ebanks/Caracter are absolute steals.

Good luck NBA. :bking:

If these two can come along, the Lakers will be nice. I don't expect much but so far they look better than Powell and MBenga

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Listen midnight. My paypal account could use another deposit if you feel in a charitable mood again. There is nothing to really say here. We just went bac2back. I'm more concerned with what our new rings will look like, or will there be enough space in Staples for that 16th banner. You know, shit that actually matters. No need busting a nut over Lebron's cowardly act.

I've been telling you clowns for two years that James was not a prime time player. You think that will change with Wade and Bosh? There is no Kobe to bail those three losers out in big games like in the Olympics. These three despise Kobe... you know why? This was suppose to be their time to shine. Kobe was suppose to be done and they would be tallying up titles. I give James credit, this was a smart move by him. There was no way he was ever winning a title as the lead guy. James is the KG if this bunch, and Bosh is the Ray Allen. Since the forming of The Big Three in Boston, Kobe has won back2back. We've silenced all the critics, and have given you someone else to hate in the process. We're sitting on cloud 9, son.

Muthafucking Post of The Year Award...:toast here you go...:lobt2:

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Like Luva said the Last time these Niggas played on the same Kobe bailed them out with Gold... before Kobe bailed them out they went for the Bronz fucking medal...hence the birth of LeBronze..These cats just ain't ready to send Kobe home...no fucking balls...

BUMP
07-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Muthafucking Post of The Year Award...:toast here you go...:lobt2:

Did you swallow?

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Did you swallow?

stop being an attention whore...we all see your ass...and it ain't pretty...try the stiletto heels with a School Girl dress on...that may work better... :toast

DazedAndConfused
07-11-2010, 02:36 PM
We're content because our team just won back to back titles against our most hated rivals. It's nice to look forward to next season, but we're still months away from that.

lefty
07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
R.I.P Lakers

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2010, 03:14 PM
First Magic, then Michael now Larry Bird all the Legends of the game in Kobe's corner...

“I watch all the teams and what they did for LeBron, and [the Heat] still have to go through the Lakers with Kobe Bryant out there, who’s been my favorite player for a long time,’’ said Pacers president Larry Bird. “And I don’t think whatever they do in the East is really going to concern him that much.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2010/07/11/heats_competitors_warm_to_the_challenge/

midnightpulp
07-11-2010, 04:28 PM
We're content because our team just won back to back titles against our most hated rivals. It's nice to look forward to next season, but we're still months away from that.

I realize that and any fan would be content under those circumstances.

However, you would think Laker fan would go on shit-talking and troll overload after these signings. I know that when the Lakers colluded with Memphis to get Gasol, the first thing I wanted to do was obtain a box of small puppies and kick each one them into a brick wall. I was no longer "content" despite my team being the defending champions.

There's nothing that Laker fan likes more than having an arsenal of excuses to rely on if their team should fail. We saw this from 99 on. "Spurs only beat us cuz there was no Phil Jackson there and Kobe wasn't in his prime yet!!!1111. Plus is was lockout season. ******!!!1111" Then in 01 and 02 when you guys beat the Spurs, you shouted "ownage" to the high heavens. And Spur fan sat there and took it. Didn't make excuses, never mind the fact that they had Terry Porter, Steve Smith, Danny Ferry, and the corpse of Sean Elliott manning the perimeter. Spurs beat you in '03, Laker fan proclaims, "Lakers were tired of winning. Kobe and Shaq no longer had chemistry. We were old!" Pistons beat you in '04, "No chemistry! Malone was injurrred!!1111"

Then when you lost in '08 to the Celtics, "No Bynum and Areeeza!!111" You win in 09 and nary a mention of Jameer Nelson's injuires or the fact that KG was out for a good portion of the playoffs. In your minds, it's like those events never happened.

That's why I argue you guys are more content than usual. This new unholy alliance gives Laker fan a limitless amount of excuses and deflections to work with if the Heat somehow manage to beat the Lakers.

cobbler
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
most people know the real NBA Finals in 2001 was Lakers vs Spurs and clearly the MVP of that series was Bryant ........ even Spur fan knows that shit.

of course....

Just stirring the shit.

cobbler
07-11-2010, 04:34 PM
I realize that and any fan would be content under those circumstances.

However, you would think Laker fan would go on shit-talking and troll overload after these signings. I know that when the Lakers colluded with Memphis to get Gasol, the first thing I wanted to do was obtain a box of small puppies and kick each one them into a brick wall. I was no longer "content" despite my team being the defending champions.

There's nothing that Laker fan likes more than having an arsenal of excuses to rely on if their team should fail. We saw this from 99 on. "Spurs only beat us cuz there was no Phil Jackson there and Kobe wasn't in his prime yet!!!1111. Plus is was lockout season. ******!!!1111" Then in 01 and 02 when you guys beat the Spurs, you shouted "ownage" to the high heavens. And Spur fan sat there and took it. Didn't make excuses, never mind the fact that they had Terry Porter, Steve Smith, Danny Ferry, and the corpse of Sean Elliott manning the perimeter. Spurs beat you in '03, Laker fan proclaims, "Lakers were tired of winning. Kobe and Shaq no longer had chemistry. We were old!" Pistons beat you in '04, "No chemistry! Malone was injurrred!!1111"

Then when you lost in '08 to the Celtics, "No Bynum and Areeeza!!111" You win in 09 and nary a mention of Jameer Nelson's injuires or the fact that KG was out for a good portion of the playoffs. In your minds, it's like those events never happened.

That's why I argue you guys are more content than usual. This new unholy alliance gives Laker fan a limitless amount of excuses and deflections to work with if the Heat somehow manage to beat the Lakers.

All fans bases use excuses when they fail. You really didn't need to wast 5 paragraphs ranting about it as if it a sole Laker fan trait.

midnightpulp
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
All fans bases use excuses when they fail. You really didn't need to wast 5 paragraphs ranting about it as if it a sole Laker fan trait.

You guys do it more than most.

Way more.

To this day, you guys still use the excuse of, "Phil Jackson didn't coach us in '99. It's the only reason Spurs beat us!" to rationalize your asses getting swept out of ghetto ass Inglewood.

Not to mention the asterisk thing, but I know you guys are just trolling when you bring that up.

cobbler
07-11-2010, 04:47 PM
We win more too... so we Laker fans do everything on a larger scale! :toast

midnightpulp
07-11-2010, 04:59 PM
We win more too... so we Laker fans do everything on a larger scale! :toast

Still have a long to go before you can say you win the most.

17>11.

Anyhow, props to you for admitting that Laker fans make excuses on a larger scale than every other fan.