PDA

View Full Version : Question about supporting cast..

Crazymaddopeyo
07-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I had someone saying Lebron didn't have great team mates and that is why he left, to have that Jordan/pippen connection but I was thinking he had a great supporting cast this year. I went on to say that Duncan probably had less help in 2003 with 2 fairly new players to the NBA Parker and Manu and a David Robinson in his last year...I mean maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

Sigz
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
hello

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Duncan is one of 2 players in NBA history to win a title with his #2 option averaging less than 15 PPG in the playoffs..it isn't comparable to anybody, not just Lebron, so you can't really use it against Lebron IMO..

mookie2001
07-10-2010, 09:59 PM
yes

Crazymaddopeyo
07-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Duncan is one of 2 players in NBA history to win a title with his #2 option averaging less than 15 PPG in the playoffs..it isn't comparable to anybody, not just Lebron, so you can't really use it against Lebron IMO..

Who is the other player?

Hawk
07-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Lebron had a supporting cast... He had no other star to lean on like any other big team with big three's. The cast was serviceable at best.

IknowU
07-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Isnt Duncan the only #1 draft pick to win titles in the recent era other then Shaq? Now that proves your worth unlike lebron.

mookie2001
07-10-2010, 10:16 PM
1987 was the stoneage

i hate talking about labrohn but the man does not know how to play offensive basketball correctly, hes a great defender but he has a selfish style of play, he is the team, the other players stand around and wait, he racks up his assists on alleyoops and fastbreaks. thats not team ball

comparing him to other freakish scoring "wings" jordan and kobe didnt play PG until it was absolutely crucial. they knew to wait their turn, let the others score, get their rest and finish the game. watching the cavs play offense was painful, he could play a true wing but he doesnt

steve kerr, paxson, old ron harper and BJ armstrong all kind of sucked

thats not to say labrohn isnt one of the best players in the league but as coach, you dont want to have to reinvent the halfcourt offense for one player

Agloco
07-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Isnt Duncan the only #1 draft pick to win titles in the recent era other then Shaq? Now that proves your worth unlike lebron.

Depends on what you define as "modern". If you go back to 1980, you'd have to add Worthy, Olajuwon and Robinson to that list.

Dro210
07-10-2010, 11:23 PM
I had someone saying Lebron didn't have great team mates and that is why he left, to have that Jordan/pippen connection but I was thinking he had a great supporting cast this year. I went on to say that Duncan probably had less help in 2003 with 2 fairly new players to the NBA Parker and Manu and a David Robinson in his last year...I mean maybe I'm wrong. What do you guys think?

Simply put, LeBron has never played with a real All-Star, while they were an All-Star caliber player, or really even close to it. Nor has he played with any up and coming, future All-Star talent..... He's created a few AS apperances for his teammates.... but come on, we all know Mo Williams is a good 6th man at absolute best, not an All-Star.

ducks
07-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Lebron had a supporting cast... He had no other star to lean on like any other big team with big three's. The cast was serviceable at best.

had a suporting cast to get the best record
so that excuse is out the window
had he not quit on the cavs in the playoffs today they could be champs

ducks
07-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Simply put, LeBron has never played with a real All-Star, while they were an All-Star caliber player, or really even close to it. Nor has he played with any up and coming, future All-Star talent..... He's created a few AS apperances for his teammates.... but come on, we all know Mo Williams is a good 6th man at absolute best, not an All-Star.

james is not a closer and he settled for lazy jumpers in playoffs
refusing to attack
he is vastly overrated

PublicOption
07-10-2010, 11:33 PM
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n3lphc&s=3

Nathan89
07-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Its as simple as this, if lebron james ever shot 6 for 24 in a game his team will be beat by 20 plus points. While kobe can do it in game seven and win a championship. Plain and simple lebron had zero help on his team and I would argue that the lakers had four other guys besides kobe better than cavs second best player. (pau,artest,odom,bynum)

Obstructed_View
07-11-2010, 12:34 AM
The 2003 rotation had an awful lot of talent, and the perfect mix of vets and young players.

TDMVPDPOY
07-11-2010, 12:38 AM
any other player in duncans shoes during the lakers 3peat years wouldve bolted as the spurs going through rebuilding phase, up 2 games and lose series every fkn time we meet these clowns will take a toll on u

Obstructed_View
07-11-2010, 12:41 AM
any other player in duncans shoes during the lakers 3peat years wouldve bolted as the spurs going through rebuilding phase, up 2 games and lose series every fkn time we meet these clowns will take a toll on u

That happened only once, and it was in 2004. Just FYI.

Leetonidas
07-11-2010, 12:47 AM

Timmy is also the only player in NBA history to win multiple titles without another All-NBA teammate

m33p0
07-11-2010, 02:30 AM

Mo Williams is a real all-star. ask LeBron.

will_spurs
07-11-2010, 02:42 AM

Parker had 14.7ppg that year. Which is low I agree. But the Spurs were extremely slow-paced, low-scoring, defensive-minded the year when it happened.

Timmy is also the only player in NBA history to win multiple titles without another All-NBA teammate

Despite playing along a HoFer, and 2 other guys with whom he is labelled as "The Big Three" who might very well end up in the HoF as well. I'm as unlikely as anybody here to say anything bad about Duncan, but this one has more to do with voters having shit for brains. Manu is a one-time All-Star only... same as Mo Williams. Who do you want on your team?

Duncan is good enough not to have to go and fish for these stats to justify his legacy (there's little justifying to do anyway).

07-11-2010, 03:11 AM
duncan tore everyone apart in 2003. put 2003 duncan with the 2010 cavs supporting cast and he probably would have still won the title.