PDA

View Full Version : Devin Ebanks

PGDynasty24
07-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Man looks like Kupchak pulled another 2nd round gem from the draft. Just like Marc Gasol,Ronny Turiaf,etc...

This guy is a spitting image of Ariza in every way,but a better outside shooter than Ariza. He is really athletic,a very long defender who finds ways to get steals into passing lane. Love This Guy. Number 1 in Summer League Rankings. Think he can contribute especially because Luke Walton's back is a ticking time bomb

Kindergarten Cop
07-11-2010, 02:27 AM
https://www.plimus.com/developers/706574/bo01.JPG

BadOdor
07-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Well, I guess every teams fans obsess over 2 rounders who will never do shit in the NBA.

lol dejuan "Barkley" blair

Kindergarten Cop
07-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Well, I guess every teams fans obsess over 2 rounders who will never do shit in the NBA.

I was only teasing - don't take it to heart. :toast

In all honesty though, do you really think it's reasonable making statements like that after seeing the kid play in 2 Summer League games? He does look promising and admittedly, I would probably think of making similar statements if he were with the Spurs - but the realist in me would prevent myself from doing so. Let's give him some time and see how he plays when the real games begin.

angelbelow
07-11-2010, 02:53 AM

Blair hasnt done much because hes only been in the NBA for 1 year. Since his rookie season he made an all-rookie team and had 2 20-20 games. Not sure comparing our excitement for Blair is the same as your excitement for Banks after 1 summer league game.. theres no way to know how good or bad Blair is going to be.

Regardless, G-Hill was like 2-23 through his first 4 or 5 summerleague games. Donte Green scored like 48 pts. Summer league isnt the best indicator of successful career.

Jloyola
07-11-2010, 03:00 AM
is there a link or video? .. kinda curious

angelbelow
07-11-2010, 03:02 AM
is there a link or video? .. kinda curious

Dont have a direct link but www.nba.com will have summerleague stats and highlights videos.

Jloyola
07-11-2010, 03:07 AM
Dont have a direct link but www.nba.com will have summerleague stats and highlights videos.

Found it.. Thanks!

BadOdor
07-11-2010, 03:29 AM
I guess playing in the East Coast and taking East Coast player of the year means jack shit.

Also being projected to be a lottery pick, means nothing either.

Case in point.

lol delusional spur fan.

Kindergarten Cop
07-11-2010, 09:41 AM

I guess playing in the East Coast and taking East Coast player of the year means jack shit.

Also being projected to be a lottery pick, means nothing either.

Case in point.

lol delusional spur fan.

"It took no more than four minutes of the Spurs' first Las Vegas Summer League game a year ago before rival coaches understood they had found another gem in the late stages of the 2009 draft. Watching DeJuan Blair grab rebound after rebound on both ends of the floor - nine in those first four minutes - then-Hornets coach Byron Scott scowled, turned to a bystander and shook his head.

"I'll be damned if those (bleep) Spurs haven't done it again," Scott said.

:lol

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/for-blair-summer-league-is-summer-school-386591.html

TheProfessor
07-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Devin Ebanks was a great value pick for the Lakers, no doubt. He shot horribly from outside in college, so it's a little early to project that this will continue. But the early signs are definitely encouraging.

Killakobe81
07-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I like Ebanks and Caracter both look like steals for 2nd rounders ...

But Phil mayt not play them and the summer league competition sucks ...

Ebanks looks like Ariza a lot on the court ...

Ashy Larry
07-11-2010, 12:10 PM
I like Ebanks and Caracter both look like steals for 2nd rounders ...

But Phil mayt not play them and the summer league competition sucks ...

Ebanks looks like Ariza a lot on the court ...

according to Phil, rookies are lower than whale shit. Exact quote.

xellos88330
07-11-2010, 12:20 PM
He looked solid. Might help out the Lakers in the future. After all IMHO anything is an upgrade over Luke Walton.

Ashy Larry
07-11-2010, 12:22 PM
He looked solid. Might help out the Lakers in the future. After all IMHO anything is an upgrade over Luke Walton.

Lakers still owe that fuck 16 million over three years ....no one is gonna take that contract.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
I've been saying Ebanks is a lot like Ariza for awhile, you guys got a steal if he ever figures his confidence issues out. The West Virginia games I saw this year he looked scared to shoot at times.

angelbelow
07-11-2010, 03:25 PM
according to Phil, rookies are lower than whale shit. Exact quote.

:rollin

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Yeah and he's also a way better rebounder than Ariza.

Dr House
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Oh wow. If Ebanks keeps hitting like this, just shut down the NBA and cancel everything. All the teams should just forfeit now! The NBA is pretty much fucked and the Lakers are guaranteed a 30 peat!!!!!!

badfish22
07-11-2010, 04:58 PM
lol the Lakers have G$ on their team. Put up the bomb statline of 0 points, 3 fouls and 4 TOs in 16 minutes.

Pepe'sTowing
07-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Oh wow. If Ebanks keeps hitting like this, just shut down the NBA and cancel everything. All the teams should just forfeit now! The NBA is pretty much fucked and the Lakers are guaranteed a 30 peat!!!!!!

I like ur style, holmes. You ever break down in LA, IE, or OC, you give me a call. I tow u for cheap, give u laker fan discount and a free taco.

cobbler
07-11-2010, 05:22 PM
You're in the towing business now Cully? Go figure...

Kindergarten Cop
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Ebanks had a rough game today, which happens to the best of them. I'm still confident that he can be a solid player and perhaps turn out to be a steal, but this game may be evidence that he needs some more time to adjust before being able to contribute in the NBA (especially with a Championship team).

Clipper Nation
09-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Man looks like Kupchak pulled another 2nd round gem from the draft. Just like Marc Gasol,Ronny Turiaf,etc...

This guy is a spitting image of Ariza in every way,but a better outside shooter than Ariza. He is really athletic,a very long defender who finds ways to get steals into passing lane. Love This Guy. Number 1 in Summer League Rankings. Think he can contribute especially because Luke Walton's back is a ticking time bomb

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Arnold Toht
09-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Mid-2010. I love it.

Arnold Toht
09-14-2013, 09:12 PM

CN bumps, but I caught the bigger fish.

lefty
09-14-2013, 10:26 PM
:lmao