PDA

View Full Version : Sons Akron acknowledges Lebron for all that he's done

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 10:19 AM
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5950/66a0c2aaeb35812152c2555o.jpg (http://img594.imageshack.us/i/66a0c2aaeb35812152c2555o.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

God bless the Queen

:elephant

JamStone
07-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow. That's a little much.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 10:24 AM
He obviously made the right decision.

BadOdor
Cleveland taking butthurt to new levels.

JoeTait75
His people in West Akron will stay behind him. Frankly, they should.

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Sons he better get his family outta the state of Ohio...he did them wrong...not by leaving but by mocking them and doing it on national tv.

vicphoenix13
07-11-2010, 10:34 AM
How can you blame anyone for changing that sign? LeBron bailed on northeastern Ohio when times got tough. Instead of taking on the challenge like MJ did when he kept losing to the Pistons, LeBron took the easy way out and ripped out the hearts of Cavs fans.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 10:35 AM
:lol These are the fans he should have stayed for :lol..they reacted badly when Boston took them out too, using personal insults and vicious personal attacks on Lebron James..

The Cavs' fanbase clearly became spoiled by Lebron..after they miss the playoffs this year and move to Seattle in a few years, their reactions will be priceless..

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 10:36 AM
How can you blame anyone for changing that sign? LeBron bailed on northeastern Ohio when times got tough. Instead of taking on the challenge like MJ did when he kept losing to the Pistons, LeBron took the easy way out and ripped out the hearts of Cavs fans.

King signed a contract extension to stay in Cleveland years ago..he gave them 7 years, and they never surrounded him with even 1 top 50 player in the NBA..

So you wanted him to trust an incompetent front office and waste his talent like KG did?..

BadOdor
07-11-2010, 10:37 AM
King signed a contract extension to stay in Cleveland years ago..he gave them 7 years, and they never surrounded him with even 1 top 50 player in the NBA..

So you wanted him to trust an incompetent front office and waste his talent like KG did?..

He did give them his word he will bring them a title....:(

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 10:41 AM

Son does that mean Dirk should have left too....maybe have a 30min tv special? Not tell the owner and team until he's on the air that he's leaving...not return their calls or txts through this whole process???

Play the whole NBA and fans by making a mockery of the whole process.

Dude is a bitch and a Queen. God bless Akron

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 10:41 AM
:lol These are the fans he should have stayed for :lol..they reacted badly when Boston took them out too, using personal insults and vicious personal attacks on Lebron James.

That's what he deserves for being a quitter.

You lie about an injury and deliberately throw a series you're going to take some heat, no pun intended. Just imagine how New York fans would have treated him after that display...

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 10:46 AM
-Lebron didn't quit, he choked..he played poorly in the last 2 games..even Jordan had horrible games and they never turned on him..classless POS fans..

-Dirk is a class act too, I don't really know why you're bringing him up..he did have a top 50 player in '06 Howard and Nash for multiple years though, but it doesn't matter..Dirk has never had a legit #2 on a consistent basis, I don't think anybody would have blamed him had he walked away as a FA..

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 10:47 AM
-Lebron didn't quit, he choked..he played poorly in the last 2 games.

He quit. I watched every game the guy played for seven years. I know the difference between playing poorly and quitting. He played poorly against the Spurs in the 2007 Finals. He quit against Boston.

Leetonidas
07-11-2010, 10:47 AM
LeBron James is the new Ray Finkle.

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 10:48 AM
He deserves all the hate that comes his way. You mock someone on national tv, you deserve the wrath that comes your way. I understand why DPG and HarlemHo disagrees with this. The San Antonio Heat is sacred to them now. Everyone calls the Lakers a bunch of bandwagon fans, but I've yet to witness even one poster on this site to join forces with LA. We have it on record that the Spurs fans will join any Tom, Dick, and James when their team is a failure.

HarlemHeat isn't a Spurs fan. He's a jock-sniffer. Remember his Vince Carter avatar? :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 10:49 AM
He deserves all the hate that comes his way. You mock someone on national tv, you deserve the wrath that comes your way. I understand why DPG and HarlemHo disagrees with this. The San Antonio Heat is sacred to them now. Everyone calls the Lakers a bunch of bandwagon fans, but I've yet to witness even one poster on this site to join forces with LA. We have it on record that the Spurs fans will join any Tom, Dick, and James when their team is a failure.

I'm not a Heat fan..I've always been a Lebron fan, everybody knows it..they aren't in my top 2 choices for teams I want to win..

As for your last point, that's obviously false..a lot of people here have said they're going to cheer for the Lakers now, so Lebron can lose, Pigger..

BadOdor
07-11-2010, 10:50 AM
HarlemHeat isn't a Spurs fan. He's a jock-sniffer. Remember his Vince Carter avatar? :lol

Better than harlemHo tbh.

BUMP
07-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Everyone calls the Lakers a bunch of bandwagon fans, but I've yet to witness even one poster on this site to join forces with LA.

Cause we're not bandwagoners faggot

Seriously what a dumbass, this makes no sense

Ashy Larry
If Cleveland had big ass Cuban hoes, balmy days and steamy nights, with big ass Puerto Rican hoes, palm trees, great beaches, clear water, big ass white and black hoes with great winters, it would be the perfect place to play.

Greg Oden
It's pretty funny to watch everyone try to shit on HarlemHeat because he's in the minority of people who still back LeBron after his decision while bringing up the lamest reasons for shitting on him. Is he the only poster to have another team's player in his avatar/sig?

vicphoenix13
07-11-2010, 10:52 AM

You can't compare LeBron's situation to KG's. Garnett didn't demand out until after 12 years and it was clear the Timberwolves were no longer competitive. The Cavs have won 60 games the last two years and they were making moves to keep LeBron happy. The last two trade deadlines, they tried to make the team better for the postseason. If LeBron had signed a 3 year extension and the Cavs still failed to win a title then I think more people would have understood if he left town.

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 10:53 AM
You can't compare LeBron's situation to KG's. Garnett didn't demand out until after 12 years and it was clear the Timberwolves were no longer competitive. The Cavs have won 60 games the last two years and they were making moves to keep LeBron happy. The last two trade deadlines, they tried to make the team better for the postseason. If LeBron had signed a 3 year extension and the Cavs still failed to win a title then I think more people would have understood if he left town.

Like what exactly? Getting a washed up Jamison as a consolation prize for not getting Amare? Getting Mo Williams and thinking he was going to be a reliable #2?

BlackSwordsMan
07-11-2010, 10:54 AM
dude its ohio do you blame them? they got nothing else to do

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 10:56 AM
dude its ohio do you blame them? they got nothing else to do

to be fair, they can always overrate the Buckeyes and act like they own the world when they finally don't choke in a bowl game.

Muser
07-11-2010, 10:58 AM

I wanted the Lakers to win last year after SA was beat.

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Like what exactly? Getting a washed up Jamison as a consolation prize for not getting Amare? Getting Mo Williams and thinking he was going to be a reliable #2?

If he played his ass off against Boston and lost because the supporting cast didn't step up and Mike Brown got outcoached- like what happened against Orlando- it would be different. I don't think anyone could really find fault with him looking for greener pastures if that was the case.

Just give your best effort. That's all anyone can reasonably ask. If he doesn't- and he didn't- he deserves all the bile he's getting.

It's funny how critical certain people are of Cleveland Fan in this thread. We're the most forgiving people in the world. We have a Who's Who of sports legends in this city that didn't win squat, but people still love them because they tried. Christ, we welcome Earnest Byner back here with open arms. And we're too tough for LeBron to take? GTFO with that.

MiamiHeat
07-11-2010, 10:59 AM
-Lebron didn't quit, he choked..he played poorly in the last 2 games..even Jordan had horrible games and they never turned on him..classless POS fans..

wut?

LBJ stats in game 6, final game of series :

27 pts, 19 rebs, 10 assts, 3 steals, 1 block.

HarlemHeat37

So you wanted him to stay for 10 years? why?..

KG's situation was definitely worse, but that's clearly where Lebron's situation was heading too..it's just hypocritical, especially here on the Spurs board, since everybody here shit on KG and blamed his contract for Minnesot's failures..the exact same thing would have happened with Lebron..

:lol @ Luva hyping the Cavs now, when he was shitting on their roster all year..

vicphoenix13
If Cleveland had big ass Cuban hoes, balmy days and steamy nights, with big ass Puerto Rican hoes, palm trees, great beaches, clear water, big ass white and black hoes with great winters, it would be the perfect place to play.

That's the problem with the NBA. The majority of teams that contend happen to be in warm climates (L.A., Phoenix, Miami, Orlando) or big markets (Boston, Dallas, Chicago). How can teams like Utah, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Sacramento and Charlotte join the elite when no free agents want to play there?

Ashy Larry
07-11-2010, 11:01 AM
well the one bad thing about this is the "THROW THE HAMMER DOWN" and "GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUTTA HERE" reference will be down by 90%. Poor A.C.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:01 AM
wut?

I meant by Lebron standards..those numbers would be amazing for anybody else..

He shot 3-14 in game 5, and 8-21 with 9 turnovers in game 6..those are Kobe-esque big game numbers, Lebron usually does a lot better..credit goes to Boston though, great run..

Ashy Larry
07-11-2010, 11:03 AM
That's the problem with the NBA. The majority of teams that contend happen to be in warm climates (L.A., Phoenix, Miami, Orlando) or big markets (Boston, Dallas, Chicago). How can teams like Utah, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Sacramento and Charlotte join the elite when no free agents want to play there?

recruit some big ass hoes ..... players would come. Stock them up in the lobby and they'll show up. And that's not entirely true. San Francisco is one of America's greatest cities and G Dub continues to suck every year.

JoeTait75
wut?

Nine turnovers. 8-for-21 shooting.

LeBron can put up numbers in his sleep. He can not play well and still put up 50. He can play brilliantly and put up 15.

Look at the turnovers and when they took place. Like dribbling the ball off his foot with no one around him and the Cavaliers down four midway through the fourth quarter of Game Six.

You don't need to play horribly to throw a game or a series. You just need to make sure you don't play well enough to win.

Greg Oden
The got Jamison for free. They got Shaq for nothing. Any team that wins 66 games, then add Shaq, Jamison, Moon, and Parker, and Powe, and stays injury free for the season should win the title. They were stacked. No other way to look at it. James is just not a leader when things get tough. No need in arguing this, he admitted it.

@ Luva hyping the Cavs now, when he was shitting on their roster all year..

pick a lane, scrah.

BUMP
07-11-2010, 11:04 AM
If he played his ass off against Boston and lost because the supporting cast didn't step up and Mike Brown got outcoached

That is what happened. Were you watching the same game 6? He had a triple double and was the game's leading scorer. In the 4th quarter i saw some of the worst supporting cast play ever. Guys missing layups, 3 point shooters missing wide open shots, LeBron was the only one who came to play.

And :lmao at thinking Mike Brown didn't get outcoached that series

vicphoenix13
07-11-2010, 11:06 AM
So you wanted him to stay for 10 years? why?..

KG's situation was definitely worse, but that's clearly where Lebron's situation was heading too..it's just hypocritical, especially here on the Spurs board, since everybody here shit on KG and blamed his contract for Minnesot's failures..the exact same thing would have happened with Lebron..

:lol @ Luva hyping the Cavs now, when he was shitting on their roster all year..

Its not about him staying for 10 years. Its about him trying to get the Cavs over the top while they are still a good team. LeBron pulled the plug on a 60 win team that could have gotten better. Its not like Dan Gilbert wasn't prepared to spend money and make trades to improve the team.

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 11:08 AM
That is what happened. Were you watching the same game 6? He had a triple double and was the game's leading scorer. In the 4th quarter i saw some of the worst supporting cast play ever. Guys missing layups, 3 point shooters missing wide open shots, LeBron was the only one who came to play.

And :lmao at thinking Mike Brown didn't get outcoached that series

I watched Game 6. LeBron is talented enough to get a triple-double when he isn't even trying. And that's exactly what he did.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:12 AM
The Cavs had very little room to get better..this is the same organization that reportedly turned down a deal for Amare because they didn't want to give up JJ Hickson..they have very little assets and nobody wants to play in one of the worst cities in the world..

Even if they did have assets, why should any player trust them at this point?..they have shown that they are extremely incompetent..

Look at Kobe, Howard and Boston's supporting cast, and compare..

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I bet you there isn't 1 Spurs fan that bought a Heat jersey..the only way I'll actually care about Miami winning a ring is if they go up against LA or another team I dislike in the playoffs..

Muser
07-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Was the Amare deal real or just made up? I've heard loads of posters say the Cavs turned it down because of Hickson but i've not seen any reports stating this.

vicphoenix13
07-11-2010, 11:17 AM
The Cavs had very little room to get better..this is the same organization that reportedly turned down a deal for Amare because they didn't want to give up JJ Hickson..they have very little assets and nobody wants to play in one of the worst cities in the world..

Even if they did have assets, why should any player trust them at this point?..they have shown that they are extremely incompetent..

The Amare to Cavs trade was actually nixed by Steve Kerr because he didn't believe J.J. Hickson and filler was enough for an allstar power forward. The only reason a trade was even discussed is because Robert Sarver is cheap and he wanted to get rid of Amare's contract. If the Cavs had offered Gibson, Varejao and a couple of first round picks, the trade would have gone down.

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 11:17 AM
sons this isn't 2002. I hope no grown man is still buying nba jerseys.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:22 AM
The Amare to Cavs trade was actually nixed by Steve Kerr because he didn't believe J.J. Hickson and filler was enough for an allstar power forward. The only reason a trade was even discussed is because Robert Sarver is cheap and he wanted to get rid of Amare's contract. If the Cavs had offered Gibson, Varejao and a couple of first round picks, the trade would have gone down.

My mistake if it's not true, but either way, all reports indicated that they could have gotten a deal done..

When you compare Lebron's supporting cast to the other "elite" teams from last year, there's a glaring difference IMO..not only from a talent perspective, but also fit, and coaching as well..

Kevin Durant 35
07-11-2010, 11:24 AM
:lol These are the fans he should have stayed for :lol..they reacted badly when Boston took them out too, using personal insults and vicious personal attacks on Lebron James..

The Cavs' fanbase clearly became spoiled by Lebron..after they miss the playoffs this year and move to Seattle in a few years, their reactions will be priceless..

I wish. I just want a team here in Seattle.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:27 AM
After listening to all these dumb ass arguments I am very happy Lebron left. Sure, he did not have to be a dick about it, but the fans did the same thing to him. A huge slap in the face to Lebron.

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I wish. I just want a team here in Seattle.

:rollin

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 11:29 AM
After listening to all these dumb ass arguments I am very happy Lebron left.

So am I. If LeBron can't take a little criticism from the softest fanbase in sports his pussy must be bigger than Gloria's after Delonte has had a go at it.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:30 AM
More like don't bite the hand that feeds you.

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 11:32 AM
More like don't bite the hand that feeds you.

lol. Fed us what? LeBron's just another guy who couldn't bring home the hardware.

TheNextGen
07-11-2010, 11:32 AM
thats fucking hilarious...Ohio dont care if people call them butt hurt...thier gonna bash him for the next 10 years.

Leetonidas
07-11-2010, 11:36 AM

Kobe's cast is by far superior yes, but Boston and Orlando did not have a better supporting cast. The Cavaliers SHOULD HAVE been in the Finals, every knows it. Before the season started everyone thought it would be Cleveland vs. Lakeshow. And like everyone else I was looking forward to a LeBron vs. Kobe finals. But, I guess LeBron knew his team would've gotten stomped by LA and quit before he got a chance to choke in the Finals, again.

Fuck LeBron. He quit, plain and simple. Just like Kobe in 2006, so did LeBron in 2010.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:36 AM
lol. Fed us what? LeBron's just another guy who couldn't bring home the hardware.

So because there was no hardware, means there is no difference between pre Lebron and the time he was there?

If there is a difference, which obviously there is, then that is what he brought you.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:37 AM
lol a Spurs fan telling a Cavs fan "THERE'S MORE TO IT THAN CHAMPIONSHIP!!!"

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:40 AM
lol Suns fans whining about no titles.

JoeTait75
So because there was no hardware, means there is no difference between pre Lebron and the time he was there?

If there is a difference, which obviously there is, then that is what he brought you.

He didn't bring enough to justify tanking a playoff series.

You want it both ways here:

On one hand you don't want Cleveland Fan to be a charity case and think they're entitled to LeBron-for-life because they've gone X years without a championship.

On the other hand you think Cleveland Fan should be a charity case and just be grateful that LeBron gave their loser franchise a few years of relevance.

Pick one. Can't be both.

Ashy Larry
lol a Spurs fan telling a Cavs fan "THERE'S MORE TO IT THAN CHAMPIONSHIP!!!"

lol .... it's all those other regular season wins and not missing the playoffs that's important .......:rollin:rollin:rollin

HarlemHeat37
Kobe's cast is by far superior yes, but Boston and Orlando did not have a better supporting cast. The Cavaliers SHOULD HAVE been in the Finals, every knows it. Before the season started everyone thought it would be Cleveland vs. Lakeshow. And like everyone else I was looking forward to a LeBron vs. Kobe finals. But, I guess LeBron knew his team would've gotten stomped by LA and quit before he got a chance to choke in the Finals, again.

Fuck LeBron. He quit, plain and simple. Just like Kobe in 2006, so did LeBron in 2010.

Boston isn't even arguable, TBH, they clearly had the better supporting cast..their top 5 players all would have been the 2nd best player on the Cavs roster, and their team is clearly built to fit better..

Orlando is arguable, but they're clearly built better, and they're definitely better at the top..

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:41 AM
lol DOK complaining to Kori to close the butthurt thread..

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:41 AM
lol Suns fans whining about no titles.

lol a Spurs fan randomly changing the subject to the Suns having no titles

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:42 AM
lol DOK complaining to Kori to close the butthurt thread..

lol thinking I complained to Kori

lol being pissed your thread was closed

lol trying to pass that troll off as someone else's

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:43 AM
What? Where have I said that. I said what Lebron did was a dick move. However, I said the fans were ungrateful and crossed the line so you should not feel bad for them and act like Lebron did something so crazy.

Judging by their reactions during the playoffs and after, combined with their owner, it is clear he did the right thing overall.

I never said they should think they are entitled to Lebron, I said that even if they were disappointed with him putting up a triple double and his team sucking, they should appreciate what he did for them.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:43 AM
lol thinking I complained to Kori

lol being pissed your thread was closed

lol trying to pass that troll off as someone else's

I don't actually think that, I'm just teasing you:p:

Namlooks Ignore List is my only troll that has been approved, TBH..

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Luva, please stop your Pigger routine..

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:44 AM
lol a Spurs fan randomly changing the subject to the Suns having no titles

lol Suns fan randomly changing the subject to Spurs fans talking about no titles.

My comment made just as much sense as yours. You get so butthurt about not having a title, that any time a fan of a team tries to put titles and winning into perspective you feel slighted.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:45 AM
lol Suns fan randomly changing the subject to Spurs fans talking about no titles.

I didn't change the subject, you were the Spurs fan talking about no title ecstasy.

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 11:47 AM
What? Where have I said that.

In the last thread. You said Cleveland Fan was a "charity case" for feeling entitled to LeBron's services as a player.

While at the same time you're clearly implying that we are "charity cases" because we should be "grateful" for a guy who a.) didn't win anything, b.) quit on his team and c.) basically dragged the entire city through the mud for three years.

Would you ask this out of any other fanbase?

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:48 AM
IronMexican viewing the thread..

DPG21920
Lets summarize:

I said Lebron did a ton for the city. Tragic says "no titles". I say although he did not win a title, he did a lot. Tragic says "no titles". I say, ok, but that does not mean fans should have called him a quitter when he puts up triple doubles, wins MVP's and props up their economy. Tragic says "no titles".

Again, Lebron did not have to do what he did, he could have taken the high road. But just like most on ST, when someone crosses the line, we normally act the same right back.

Muser
Why would Cavs fan respect LeBron? If Duncan had gone on live TV in 2000 and said he was going to the Magic i'd be pretty pissed too.

ElNono
07-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Why would Cavs fan respect LeBron? If Duncan had gone on live TV in 2000 and said he was going to the Magic i'd be pretty pissed too.

But doing it for the children wouldn't soften the blow a bit? :lol

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:49 AM
I say although he did not win a title, he did a lot.

I'm guessing whatever "a lot" is is no title ecstasy.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:50 AM
I didn't change the subject, you were the Spurs fan talking about no title ecstasy.

That was not the point of the argument. You made a comment alluding to the fact it is ironic in your eyes that a Spurs fan will tell a fan of a ring less team that it is not about the titles.

I said it was ironic that a Sun fan would side with him. In this particular case, it is not about the rings. He did fail them in that regard. He also still did more for them than a lot players do for any franchise.

BUMP
07-11-2010, 11:51 AM
This is the typical response of a nigga. Although, you're white, but it's obviously you've been hanging around some niggas, maybe from Dallas. If someone shits in your lap, you don't criticize the person for going ballistic over the shit. You're married, if you found out your lil lady was getting married on youtube, would you take kindly? Would you be cordial over the matter and just say, oh well, best of luck? What if you also found out that she had been planning this for some time. Would you still welcome her home to see the kids she abandoned? There are plenty of fools that would, but what would you do, DPG?

because rooting for a sports team is the same thing as marriage....

ah, nevermind wouldn't expect someone who got a C in Calculus to understand

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:52 AM
In the last thread. You said Cleveland Fan was a "charity case" for feeling entitled to LeBron's services as a player.

While at the same time you're clearly implying that we are "charity cases" because we should be "grateful" for a guy who a.) didn't win anything, b.) quit on his team and c.) basically dragged the entire city through the mud for three years.

Would you ask this out of any other fanbase?

Never said that. I said don't make them a charity case by pitying them for Lebron burning them on national TV when they played their hand.

I am implying yall are dumbasses for acting butthurt about what Lebron did when you provoked it.

He dragged your city from the sewer up to respectability for 7 years.

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 11:54 AM

Please, we were around long before he got here and we'll be around long after he left. Just because you didn't know Cleveland existed before LeBron doesn't mean it didn't.

And I would say the 1975-76 team and the Price/Daugherty/Nance teams did just as much for the franchise and the city as LeBron ever did- with the added bonus that those teams never threw a playoff series.

DPG21920

Sure, if Spurs fans called Duncan a quitter for putting up a triple double and blamed him because Matt Bonner and Mason could not do shit, then sure, I would understand him doing that.

vicphoenix13

I totally forgot about the Tim Duncan, Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady to Orlando rumours. Obviously, it was a great move by Tim to stay with the Spurs and win three more championships. And if he had gone to Orlando, he would have been the only guy contributing considering how many injuries Hill and McGrady had.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:55 AM
That was not the point of the argument. You made a comment alluding to the fact it is ironic in your eyes that a Spurs fan will tell a fan of a ring less team that it is not about the titles.

I said it was ironic that a Sun fan would side with him. In this particular case, it is not about the rings. He did fail them in that regard. He also still did more for them than a lot players do for any franchise.

How is it ironic a Suns fan sides with the guy who has to listen to someone tell him it's not about titles, when every year the Suns come up short, there are a bunch of idiots on this site who take joy in saying lol ringless Suns.

Ashy Larry
07-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Never said that. I said don't make them a charity case by pitying them for Lebron burning them on national TV when they played their hand.

I am implying yall are dumbasses for acting butthurt about what Lebron did when you provoked it.

we'll see how many National games the Cavs will get next year ......

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Please, we were around long before he got here and we'll be around long after he left. Just because you didn't know Cleveland existed before LeBron doesn't mean it didn't.

And I would say the 1975-76 team and the Price/Daugherty/Nance teams did just as much for the franchise and the city as LeBron ever did- with the added bonus that those teams never threw a playoff series.

Please. Your team has not been relevant for a while, early to mid 90's. Even then, never made the finals, which Lebron did. Then you were absolute dog shit in the early 2000's. GTFO

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:57 AM
How is it ironic a Suns fan sides with the guy who has to listen to someone tell him it's not about titles, when every year the Suns come up short, there are a bunch of idiots on this site who take joy in saying lol ringless Suns.

It was not ironic. I was making fun of you for your obviously being self-conscious.

Muser
07-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Sure, if Spurs fans called Duncan a quitter for putting up a triple double and blamed him because Matt Bonner and Mason could not do shit, then sure, I would understand him doing that.

Well yeah if Duncan stood in the corner, practicly giving up on his team then yeah I would.

DPG21920
Get ready for Mo Williams ecstasy.

Goran Dragic
I said it was ironic that a Sun fan would side with him.

It was not ironic.

Pick a lane and stick with it.

DPG21920
Well yeah if Duncan stood in the corner, practicly giving up on his team then yeah I would.

Triple. Double. Against. The. Celtics. Defense. The same team that took Kobe's stacked team to a game 7 and could have won the title.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Apparently when someone is obviously quitting, he shouldn't be called a quitter because he made the franchise "respectable".

DPG21920
Pick a lane and stick with it.

Cool one liner lefty :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao. Again, you can quote all you want, but don't be a dumb shit and ignore the fact I was mocking you.

Goran Dragic
Triple. Double. Against. The. Celtics. Defense. The same team that took Kobe's stacked team to a game 7 and could have won the title.

No one said he quit during game 6, game 5 is the game where people accused him of quitting.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 12:01 PM
No one said he quit during game 6, game 5 is the game where people accused him of quitting.

Pick a lane....

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Again, you can quote all you want, but don't be a dumb shit and ignore the fact I was mocking you.

You can keep changing the subject, but don't ignore the fact you blatantly contradicted yourself.

Muser
07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
This is LeBron we are talking about, he could get a triple double against the '99 Spurs. Doesn't change the fact he quit in game 5.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Pick a lane....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

So your referencing what Gilbert said after Lebron left? Does that mean Lebron embarrassed Dan Gilbert for something he hadn't said yet?

JoeTait75
07-11-2010, 12:04 PM

No, he tanked Game 6 too. And he was hung over for Game 2 after partying all night the previous night.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 12:05 PM
No, the fans were all saying the same thing. You are the same guy saying Joe was in the MINORITY of fans during/after the BOS season. You don't know what you are talking about.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 12:05 PM
So your referencing what Gilbert said after Lebron left? Does that mean Lebron embarrassed Dan Gilbert for something he hadn't said yet?

No, he tanked Game 6 too. And he was hung over for Game 2 after partying all night the previous night.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 12:08 PM

OK this is why Lebron left, he was pissed at the poster JoeTait75 on Spurstalk :lmao

JoeTait75
Please. Your team has not been relevant for a while, early to mid 90's. Even then, never made the finals, which Lebron did. Then you were absolute dog shit in the early 2000's. GTFO

The 1975-76 team brought crowds to Cavaliers games for the first time. Before that team they were putting 3,000-4,000 people in the seats for their games.

The Price/Daugherty/Nance teams made the Cavaliers relevant over several seasons for the first time. Anyone who watched those teams and LeBron's teams knows which ones were really better. The former had the bad luck of running into the GOAT at the absolute prime of his career, that's no shame on them.

Economically I'd say the 1990's Indians did just as much if not more for the city than LeBron did.

Anyway the Cavaliers have always been the third team in this town. When they're relevant it's gravy, nothing more. We're not Portland or Salt Lake or San Antonio.

BUMP
lol LeBron getting a triple double against the best defense in the league = tanking

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 12:10 PM
So is this your new argument DPG? Lebron didn't mind being called a quitter for game 5, but game 6 is what drove him over the edge?

sabar
07-11-2010, 12:17 PM
He deserves the hate to be honest. His legacy is tarnished regardless of how many titles he brings now.

All the San Antonio Heat fans are sickening. We should be worried about getting past the second round in our own conference instead of worshiping Wade and his 2 pet dogs.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/663/lbjpoll.jpg

BUMP
07-11-2010, 12:19 PM
He deserves the hate to be honest. His legacy is tarnished regardless of how many titles he brings now.

All the San Antonio Heat fans are sickening. We should be worried about getting past the second round in our own conference instead of worshiping Wade and his 2 pet dogs.

tbh, this "San Antonio Heat" thing was started by the massive butthurtedness of Cully. I don't see any Spur fans in here saying "Go Heat, beat the Lakers!" or anything of the sort

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 12:22 PM
tbh, this "San Antonio Heat" thing was started by the massive butthurtedness of Cully. I don't see any Spur fans in here saying "Go Heat, beat the Lakers!" or anything of the sort

I see HarlemHo becoming a Heat fan but then again he's not really a Spurs fan.

Muser
07-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I see HarlemHo becoming a Heat fan but then again he's not really a Spurs fan.

He needs to get LeBrons dick out his mouth tbh, really shitty trolling by him.

BadOdor
07-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Tbh I keep hearing the midget and harlemho talking about how cav fans called lebron a quitter, etc, how that's why they deserve what they got....

The truth of the matter is the situation on the streets was completely different - they still had all those "we love lebron" commericals, lebron parade, etc.

So unless you're telling me lebron reads online forums, which is the only place where there was any kind of widespread quitter talk, you're just being a bitch and finding excuses for the way lebron shat on his team on national tv.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 12:39 PM
He needs to get LeBrons dick out his mouth tbh, really shitty trolling by him.

:lol

-I'm not a Heat fan at all..I'm not even a die-hard Lebron fan, just a fan that is defending him against some extreme, illogical hate..

-I'm a pretty big contributor upstairs, which is why they voted for me, so clearly I'm a die hard Spurs fan..

-It's possible that I'm doing some trolling..if so, I have no idea how it could be considered shitty LOL..I have the majority of the NBA forum going crazy because of my charity talk and overall talk about the Decision..if this was a trolling job, it would be historic, Bump-level trolling IMO..

himat
07-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Okay I was on board for the Dan Gilbert letter and all that because he's a part of the organization...but this is a little too much.

LBJ is a spoiled brat, but damn I didn't know people were this pissed.:wow

picc84
07-11-2010, 01:04 PM
The people of Akron and Cleveland are some of the most ungrateful people in history. If not for James they're shitty city/state would probably be a prison camp for illegal aliens.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 01:05 PM
If not for James they're shitty city/state would

still be ringless

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 01:07 PM
still be ringless

7-11-10

the day Goran Dragic became a spurfan.

BadOdor
Tbh they were/are a shitty state even with lebitch.

lol cleveland.

resistanze
I'm not in the camp that criticizes him for leaving. But I hope no one actually believes LeBron is leaving because Cleveland fans criticized him for game 5 :lol

This fucker has been planning to leave for two years, make no mistake about it. Remember last year when he was so giddy about free agency and couldn't restrain himself?

"It's gonna be a big day on July 1st" -LeBron a year ago

:lol What'd ya think this guy was talking about? After that has happened? The way he handled himself might haunt him for a while.

himat
07-11-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm not in the camp that criticizes him for leaving. But I hope no one actually believes LeBron is leaving because Cleveland fans criticized him for game 5 :lol

This fucker has been planning to leave for two years, make no mistake about it. Remember last year when he was so giddy about free agency and couldn't restrain himself?

"It's gonna be a big day on July 1st" -LeBron a year ago

:lol What'd ya think this guy was talking about? After that has happened? The way he handled himself might haunt him for a while.

No one believes that except Harlem because he is a fool.:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2010, 01:54 PM

dam Luva talk about laying a dead dog on the front porch...you killing em...:toast

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2010, 01:58 PM
The people of Akron and Cleveland are some of the most ungrateful people in history. If not for James they're shitty city/state would probably be a prison camp for illegal aliens.

I for one don't mind illegals..because I'm smart enough to know the impact of 30 million people or so being sent home...even though I can afford it I prefer not to pay $8.00 a pound for my Strawberries or calling up Bob Bush for a landscaping estimate that will be 30,000.00 when my Primo will do it for 10,000.00 ya dig?

All this illegal alien talk by whitey is devoid of any real economic impact analysis...

Pepe'sTowing
07-11-2010, 02:13 PM
I for one don't mind illegals..because I'm smart enough to know the impact of 30 million people or so being sent home...even though I can afford it I prefer not to pay $8.00 a pound for my Strawberries or calling up Bob Bush for a landscaping estimate that will be 30,000.00 when my Primo will do it for 10,000.00 ya dig?

All this illegal alien talk by whitey is devoid of any real economic impact analysis...

Simone, ese.

You call a gabacho to give u a tow and he charge 3 times what I charge! And you dont even get a taco!

I see u a Laker fan like me. U ever break down u call me and I'll tow u cheap, give Laker fan discount, entiende?

baseline bum
07-11-2010, 03:30 PM
2000-2009: Four titles are greater than three. The Lakers did more in nine years than the Spurs did in ten. Team of the decade dwells in Lipstick City, CA

You should change your sig. 2000-2009 spanned 10 years, not 9. Years of C programming have taught me to recognize the off by one error. :lol

baseline bum
07-11-2010, 03:33 PM

Nice to see the Atlantic and Indian Oceans like LeBron less too now.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 06:48 PM
So is this your new argument DPG? Lebron didn't mind being called a quitter for game 5, but game 6 is what drove him over the edge?

You look like Allanon right now. My argument is the same. You just keep changing yours to suit your needs.

Me: CLE fans turned their backs on Lebron. Just look at Joe.

You: Joe is in the minority.

Everyone else: Shut up Tragic, you don't know what you are talking about. The majority bashed James.

Me: The called him a quitter in the playoffs when he was putting up triple doubles against one of the best teams in the league.

You: They only called him a quitter for one game.

Everyone else: Shut up Tragic, he quit in every game. You don't know what you are talking about.

My point is and has remained that if you spit in the face of your franchises best player and cross the line and call him a quitter, you better be ready for back lash. It makes you look petty and ungrateful for all he did for you city.

He did not win them a title, but he did a lot for the franchise. What Lebron did was a dick move, but the fans deserved it for how the turned on him and hurled extremely harsh accusations at him.

My point is you should not be crying about it and the fans should not be crying about what Lebron did because they already turned on him. He just did the same thing.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 06:53 PM
You look like Allanon right now. My argument is the same. You just keep changing yours to suit your needs.

Me: CLE fans turned their backs on Lebron. Just look at Joe.

You: Joe is in the minority.

Everyone else: Shut up Tragic, you don't know what you are talking about. The majority bashed James.

Me: The called him a quitter in the playoffs when he was putting up triple doubles against one of the best teams in the league.

You: They only called him a quitter for one game.

Everyone else: Shut up Tragic, he quit in every game. You don't know what you are talking about.

My point is and has remained that if you spit in the face of your franchises best player and cross the line and call him a quitter, you better be ready for back lash. It makes you look petty and ungrateful for all he did for you city.

He did not win them a title, but he did a lot for the franchise. What Lebron did was a dick move, but the fans deserved it for how the turned on him and hurled extremely harsh accusations at him.

My point is you should not be crying about it and the fans should not be crying about what Lebron did because they already turned on him. He just did the same thing.

:lol What do you think his next argument is going to be?..