PDA

View Full Version : Boston concert

Jimcs50
08-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Went to see Boston is Austin last night. It was fantastic. They played from 8:30 to 11 pm without any breaks. Tom Scholtz and Brad Delp were just as good as ever. The new bassist is a female and she is damn good. Loved it, I think they are going to SA so if you can get to se them, it is worth themoney many times over.

Jimcs50
08-15-2004, 02:02 PM
That feeling has not faded for Boston
Web Posted: 08/12/2004 12:00 AM CDT

Ramiro Burr
San Antonio Express-News

He has been recording and touring with Boston for almost 30 years, but singer Brad Delp says he still gets a charge out of performing.

"Sometimes, every night is like the first time again," said Delp during a tour stop. "When the fans sing along on the songs, it makes it special. Fortunately, it's happened right from the first tour when we went out in '76, which surprised me.
"On that first tour, we went out for two or three weeks after the record came out, and people were singing along with almost every song. And it was unusual back in those days for radio to play anything other than whatever the single was on the record."

Fans will likely get that excited feeling again Sunday when Boston plays Sunken Garden Theater. There is no opening band. Show time is 7:30 p.m. Tickets cost $30 at Ticketmaster outlets.

Although formed in 1971, Boston has produced only five albums since 1976. But the band's monster hits such as "Long Time," "More Than a Feeling," and "Peace of Mind" are almost ubiquitous on rock radio. Most of the hits came from its 1976 record-setting debut album, "Boston."

Delp and guitarist/keyboardist Tom Scholz are the founding members. They will be joined Sunday by bassist Kimberley Dahme, who came aboard in 2002 as well as Fran Cosmo, guitar/vocals; Anthony Cosmo (Fran's son), guitar/vocals; Gary Pihl, guitar, keyboards, backing vocals; and Jeff Neal, drums.

Boston's latest CD is last year's "Corporate America" which blends the band's signature sonic sweeps with topical messages.

For Delp though, it is all about the live performance.

"I think it's the fact that it's a different crowd every night," he said. "And whenever you play in front of a live audience, that's really what does it (excitement). We've spent more time in rehearsal — I think we've been in rehearsal for two months and the tour is only six weeks long. So rehearsals can get kind of tedious, although it is kind of fun getting the material together and seeing the set take shape and that kind of stuff.

"And we have three new band members as of last summer when we went out. It's also kind of fun working with them, because they sort of grew up with the music and they're learning it. A lot of them have played these songs in cover bands."

Delp said the crowd's energy infuses the band with inspiration.

"Last night, the whole crowd was singing. But I noticed two people in particular in the front row that just ... they sang every song all the way through — all the stuff from the early records to the 'Corporate America' record, they knew all those.

"So those were the fans that you really feel like you want to do your best for on stage. And of course anyone that comes to the show obviously are fans. And I have to say that we have some incredibly loyal fans because its kind of an anomaly to tour two summers in a row. So they hang in there, no matter how long it takes for the records of the tours. We're really fortunate that people show up every night."

Joe Chalupa
08-15-2004, 06:03 PM
I've had more than a feeling to go but probably won't make it.
It's been such a longtime since I've seen them live.
They're a great rock 'n roll band.

TastesLikeChicken
08-15-2004, 06:41 PM
but probably won't make it.

Tell me why?
Did this come from a higher power?
Or is it for your own peace of mind?
Don't look back and just go dude.
Cool the engines when you get there.
Cause' that band keeps livin' for you.
They will leave you feelin' satisfied.
It would be a great party.
Maybe you'd run into Amanda again?
You and her could do a little smokin'.
But you're a man I'll never be so I can't make this decision.
Maybe the answer lies in the Star Spangled Banner?

Jimcs50
08-15-2004, 08:34 PM
^^^^^They played all of those songs and much more.:)

SequSpur
08-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Boston sucks.

Jimcs50
08-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Not the Celtics, Sequ...you idiot.

SequSpur
08-17-2004, 12:18 AM
I thought you were talking about the Celtics.

Hey bro, I got 2 birdies in one round on Saturday. Number 1 and Number 4 at Cedar Creek. The rest of the holes, umm, I got the usual......................

So when are we going to meet up at Colo Vista?

Chris Duel
08-17-2004, 01:02 AM
This thread is unoffical until Ariel Bender comments on it. :hat

SequSpur
08-17-2004, 01:04 AM
I heard Ariel on your show today. He definitely knows his music.

Guru of Nothing
08-17-2004, 01:27 AM
This thread is unoffical until Ariel Bender comments on it.

Why?

Jimcs50
08-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Anytime Sequ, just give me some notice so I can clear it with the boss. :)

CavsSuperFan
08-17-2004, 01:45 PM
I know what you mean Jim...Classic Rock lives on and on and on....I remember the last time I saw Hanson...It was so amazing when they sang boomerang...Goose Bumps!

There's something special about you babe,
maybe it's your smile. But when I see you, you
peel the dial.

Bing, bang, it hit me like a boomerang. Light
turns green and blood starts flowing.

Bing, Bang, it hit me like a boomerang. Light
turns red and my heart starts pumping.....

Maybe somehow in my make believe world,
maybe somehow you will be my girl...