PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul and Melo already talking about teaming up

picc84
07-11-2010, 01:29 PM
http://twitter.com/realjaywilliams

"Chris Paul talking about teaming up with Melo to battle the trio down south. Talkin a lot of ****. I love it"

Apparently Williams was at Melo's wedding and heard them talking about it.

Looking aside the obvious question of 'how the fuck did Jay Williams get into Carmelo Anthony's wedding', am I the only one who isn't surprised by this?

They guys are all close-knit and around the same age. They're free agencies both are in the next few years. Whats to stop these guys from going to Orlando to team up with Dwight?

Or on a lesser scale, going to NY to team up with Amare?

CP3
Melo
Dwight

CP3
Melo
Amare

At the least its a better balance of talent than Wade/Bron/Bosh, though not equal talent.

Anyone else see this coming? Its about to be the dawn of the 3-headed superteams.

himat
07-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Orlando couldn't afford them, but if they could that team would be better than the Miami Heat.

It just works out better. A PG, SF, and C. Could you imagine CP3 actually being able to give a legit entry pass to Dwight?

I would originally hate this because its unfair, but since the Heat did it....

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 01:36 PM
CP3 and Melo can suck my balls

:elephant

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 01:37 PM
lol 121-63 collusion

himat
07-11-2010, 01:39 PM
CP3 and Melo can suck my balls

If they went to Orlando who would you root for? Miami or Orlando ?(if you had to choose between them.)

Ignorant Spurs fan
07-11-2010, 01:40 PM
How many rings do they all have combined?

A big fat zero. Nonissue

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I'd root for the team that got out the West. If I had to pick b/w those two I'd go with Orlando....Howard seems like a good dude and their chubby coach is funny

JamStone
07-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Orlando couldn't afford them, but if they could that team would be better than the Miami Heat.

It just works out better. A PG, SF, and C. Could you imagine CP3 actually being able to give a legit entry pass to Dwight?

Well, they'd have to dump Rashard Lewis obviously, but the summer CP3 is a free agent, Lewis will be on an expiring contract. They'd also have to find a way to dump Jameer Nelson, but if they do it for cheap, that's possible. And same thing with Marcin Gortat, but there will probably be teams willing to take him because he's a solid center on a decent contract.

I wouldn't say it's impossible, especially if the new CBA lowers the max contract values to make max contract players more affordable.

And I think that would be a nice trio, especially because CP3 and D12 are playing two positions that the Miami trio aren't playing at PG and C. That way, they can dominate those two position match-ups and Orlando would just have to find defensive stoppers at SG and PF, which might be easier to do than to find superstars to match up against Wade and Bosh.

Basketballgirl25
07-11-2010, 02:39 PM

If Orlando did it I know I would love it, I like Dwight Howard more then Lebron, Wade, and Bosh always did, so I'd be cool with it:toast

redzero
07-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd love for that to happen, if it's in New Orleans.

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 04:39 PM

lol at you son....

MiamiHeat
07-11-2010, 04:41 PM
LeBron James = leader. set the trend.

Chris Paul and Melo = copycats. just like Kobe.

SevenX
07-11-2010, 05:03 PM

MJ = 23... leader

LeBron = 23... copycat.

sefant77
07-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Paul has 2 more years in NO. He really wanna waste to more years there instead of demanding a trade allready?

himat
07-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Well, they'd have to dump Rashard Lewis obviously, but the summer CP3 is a free agent, Lewis will be on an expiring contract. They'd also have to find a way to dump Jameer Nelson, but if they do it for cheap, that's possible. And same thing with Marcin Gortat, but there will probably be teams willing to take him because he's a solid center on a decent contract.

I wouldn't say it's impossible, especially if the new CBA lowers the max contract values to make max contract players more affordable.

And I think that would be a nice trio, especially because CP3 and D12 are playing two positions that the Miami trio aren't playing at PG and C. That way, they can dominate those two position match-ups and Orlando would just have to find defensive stoppers at SG and PF, which might be easier to do than to find superstars to match up against Wade and Bosh.

Yeah I see New York pulling that trick off before Orlando, but who knows, what Miami just did might change the character of many owners and GM's around the league.

Dwight Howard is one of my favorite players in the league so I'd love to see him be in a trio that could possibly defeat the guys down in South Beach. An Amare, CP3, Melo trio just sounds like it would have the makings of disappointment.

I do believe we will see at least one more team try to duplicate what the Heat did and try to get 3 young studs to play for them.

himat
07-11-2010, 05:41 PM

LeBron does not = leader b/c he went to another man's team for help.

DAF86
07-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Chris Paul will be traded before the season ends, My guess is to NY.

picc84
07-11-2010, 09:29 PM

:lmao

Jacob1983
07-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Is Stern going to do anything about this?

picc84
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055/chris-paul-thinking-big-three-on-broadway-1.2096409

According to multiple sources who attended the wedding, which was held at Cipriani on 42nd St., the common theme among the best wishes to Melo and his new bride, television personality LaLa Vazquez, was that they should consider taking up permanent residence in New York and Carmelo should take the challenge LeBron passed on with the Knicks.

Then, with a less-than-pleased Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke in attendance, Chris Paul included in his address to the happy couple that he wanted to get Carmelo to go with him to join Amar'e Stoudemire with the Knicks "and form our own Big Three."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68065/20100711/walsh_says_knicks_will_have_cap_space_for_carmelo_ paul/

The Knicks believe they will have the cap space to sign possible free agents Carmelo Anthony in 2011 or Chris Paul in 2012.

New York's insistence on no more than two guaranteed years for point guard Raymond Felton has given them the cap-space flexibility to offer one maximum contract for 2011 and another one for 2012, Knicks president Donnie Walsh told The New Post on Saturday

Aww shit.

BRHornet45
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
sons lil flop needs to worry about getting healthy first.

DAF86
07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
This could bring the Knicks-Heat rivalry to a whole new level.

mytespurs
07-11-2010, 10:32 PM
This could bring the Knicks-Heat rivalry to a whole new level.

and make the ny knicks relevant plus make the eastern conference very competitve as the cyclical baton passes from west to east :hat

DazedAndConfused
07-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I know this means bad things for small market teams going forward, but I would absolutely love to see CP3, Melo, and Amare team up to form their own Big 3.

Mike-in-brazil
07-11-2010, 10:44 PM
How many rings do they all have combined?

A big fat zero. Nonissuebetween all 6?....melo...cp3...lebron...bosh..amare...wade

just 1...yep non issue!!!LOL

Chris Paul and Melo = copycats. just like Kobe.what trend??...Im serious did i miss something?...some blog or tweet ..espn news