PDA

View Full Version : Final TV ratings: Lebron 3rd best cable rating this year, bests NBA Playoffs on Cable

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 06:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5371061

Watched by nearly 10 million. Behind only 1 MNF game (and beating every one) and some tween show called iCarly.

It's unknown what ratings would have been if it were on broadcast TV.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 06:28 PM
:lol Everybody shitting on King James, but they all tuned in to watch, record numbers..he brought in those ratings, in addition to getting over 4 million $ to the Boys & Girls Club, which directly saved thousands of lives around America..

midnightpulp
07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
I think it would've beaten the ratings for the Lakers/Celtics final. People didn't really care about the so-called storied rivalry because most fans intuituvely knew that 1. This is weakest era in the NBA since the late 70s, so there wasn't the same amount of "heat" as in years past, and 2. That the Celtics would need a miracle to beat LA. Granted, they went up 3-2, but not many really believed Boston could close out LA, and then when you throw in the Lakers getting their 1023902940th lucky break in the their franchise's history with Perkins going down, I gather most people tuned out.

So yeah, the press conference of a ringless player ostensibly overshadowed Kobe winning his second ring.

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2010, 06:37 PM
:lol Everybody shitting on King James, but they all tuned in to watch, record numbers..he brought in those ratings, in addition to getting over 4 million $ to the Boys & Girls Club, which directly saved thousands of lives around America..

so they could Witness for themselves and then justify the hate..makes perfect sense to those of us without scrambled eggs between their ears...

and stop spreading boys and gulls club lies...that Nigga was using them as props hell if he could have used the special olympics that manipulating sac of shit would have as well...

I'm glad he's in Miami man this hate fest for him is what I've been waiting on for a long ass time....Now Kobe by default will claim is rightful throne...and makes those who previously hated come to see the light of truth..

Gutter92

Cmon Harlem...we both know that 'Bron haters will always be 'Bron haters...no matter how much money LeBron's decision raised for charity, people always wanna be negative. By announcing his decision in the manner he did, even though it pissed off his fans, he did help many young children. I personally think he thinks the tradeoff was worth it :)

Zelophehad
I think it would've beaten the ratings for the Lakers/Celtics final. People didn't really care about the so-called storied rivalry because most fans intuituvely knew that 1. This is weakest era in the NBA since the late 70s, so there wasn't the same amount of "heat" as in years past, and 2. That the Celtics would need a miracle to beat LA. Granted, they went up 3-2, but not many really believed Boston could close out LA, and then when you throw in the Lakers getting their 1023902940th lucky break in the their franchise's history with Perkins going down, I gather most people tuned out.

So yeah, the press conference of a ringless player ostensibly overshadowed Kobe winning his second ring.
It certainly overshadowed anything he did in the Eastern Conference Finals tbh. At least according to these facts.

I'll have to wait for the Lakers fans to come in and explain to me what this really means.

Jace
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
The article is factually incorrect, MNF averaged well above 10 million viewers. The Pro Bowl nearly beat the 9 million rating. As to Lebron being a life saver, he obviously wanted to use the charity as an excuse for his attention whoring, if it was all about the charity he would simply write that check out of the 50 million/year he makes.

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 06:43 PM
so they could Witness for themselves and then justify the hate..makes perfect sense to those of us without scrambled eggs between their ears...

and stop spreading boys and gulls club lies...that Nigga was using them as props hell if he could have used the special olympics that manipulating sac of shit would have as well...

I'm glad he's in Miami man this hate fest for him is what I've been waiting on for a long ass time....Now Kobe by default will claim is rightful throne...and makes those who previously hated come to see the light of truth..

So one the one side we've got this guy here who thinks Lebron used the kids as props and that the money that went to them doesn't count for anything. The prop $4 million dollar ring was better in that it went to a much more needy cause. Am I gathering that right?

Also, Kobe will be coronated by some imaginary fiefdom in the coming days. Any other takes?

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Start a thread about it..step up out of the shadow, you're Luva's fucking sidekick, have some ambition..

Cmon Harlem...we both know that 'Bron haters will always be 'Bron haters...no matter how much money LeBron's decision raised for charity, people always wanna be negative. By announcing his decision in the manner he did, even though it pissed off his fans, he did help many young children. I personally think he thinks the tradeoff was worth it :)

Extremely well said, my man..

The article is factually incorrect, MNF averaged well above 10 million viewers. The Pro Bowl nearly beat the 9 million rating. As to Lebron being a life saver, he obviously wanted to use the charity as an excuse for his attention whoring, if it was all about the charity he would simply write that check out of the 50 million/year he makes.

The NFL towers above any sport in North America, not a fair comparison to a flawed league like the NBA..

midnightpulp
So one the one side we've got this guy here who thinks Lebron used the kids as props and that the money that went to them doesn't count for anything. The prop $4 million dollar ring was better in that to a muh more needy cause. Am I gathering that right?

Also, Kobe will be coronated b some imaginary fiefdom in the coming days. Any other takes?

:tu

DMX7
Predictable.

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Predictable.
From a TX executive standpoint? Or a basketball fan standpoint?

Did you personally predict that this would go down like this in a one hour special?

Or was it just predictable in hindsight? Which everything is really.

DMX7
07-11-2010, 06:59 PM
From a TX executive standpoint? Or a basketball fan standpoint?

Did you personally predict that this would go down like this in a one hour special?

Or was it just predictable in hindsight? Which everything is really.

The ratings are predictable. I didn't predict this show would happen, but once it did, I knew it was going to get stupid high ratings. The ESPN hype machine nearly jizzed itself a couple of times before the show.

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM

Maybe he was cheap and didn't want to go over what are his normal standard charity expenses for the year and decided if ESPN (whose idea this was) wanted to throw this special he could donate some money to the boys & Girls club (a wonderful charity organization btw) to help out underprivileged children) that it was a great move that will change the lives of countless underprivileged children. Who knows maybe one day on of those kids will get a computer and internet of their own and then they can log on and wonder why some douche faced, whiny bitch is ragging on the very guy who him a chance to turn his life around. Becuase he didn't say which city he wanted to play a game in with the most tact.

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
The ratings are predictable. I didn't predict this show would happen, but once it did, I knew it was going to get stupid high ratings. The ESPN hype machine nearly jizzed itself a couple of times before the show.
So once everyting happened you were smart enough to predict what you knew would be predictable.

How Visionary.

DMX7
07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
So once everyting happened you were smart enough to predict what you knew would be predictable.

How Visionary.

I think you've confused yourself. Good work.

Koolaid_Man
07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
So one the one side we've got this guy here who thinks Lebron used the kids as props and that the money that went to them doesn't count for anything. The prop $4 million dollar ring was better in that it went to a much more needy cause. Am I gathering that right?

Also, Kobe will be coronated by some imaginary fiefdom in the coming days. Any other takes?

listen dude..u can say whatever kind of shit about Kobe you want..we've heard it all before. I'm going to continue peddling the LeTank Hate...I've been waiting for this Nigga to slip and the Media and the Fans turn on him...This Nigga single-handedly and overnight ruined his rep and lost millions of fans...MJ, Magic, and even now Larry Bird all giving Kobe props as the best player alive...all the fucking legends on Kobe's side now and more will soon come out the wood works to follow...Now Kobe is being re-evaluated by the haters and given his rightful place in History among the butt-hurted. :toast I'm loving this shit....Lebron (Pippen Lite) to Miami...:toast

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-heisler-nba-20100711,0,3171997.column

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm sure the little children whose life's hopes and dreams are one step closer to coming true, plan on turning the Charity down because it didn't come from a place of honesty and as you would point therefore doesn't count. Shame they could have used those spaceheaters and blankets.

07-11-2010, 07:23 PM
people only have themselves to blame for lebron's media attention. espn wouldn't be pulling this stuff if lebron didn't attract so many viewers and be so profitable.

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 07:25 PM
listen dude..u can say whatever kind of shit about Kobe you want..we've heard it all before. I'm going to continue peddling the LeTank Hate...I've been waiting for this Nigga to slip and the Media and the Fans turn on him...This Nigga single-handedly and overnight ruined his rep and lost millions of fans...MJ, Magic, and even now Larry Bird all giving Kobe props as the best player alive...all the fucking legends on Kobe's side now and more will soon come out the wood works to follow...Now Kobe is being re-evaluated by the haters and given his rightful place in History among the butt-hurted. :toast I'm loving this shit....Lebron (Pippen Lite) to Miami...:toast

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-heisler-nba-20100711,0,3171997.column

What will Kobe's crown look like assuming its not some imaginary throne you were talking about earlier. Any king on a throne needs a crown. Maybe this new found movement can look to reopen the MVP votes of the past fourty seasons and give Kobe more total awards than Bob McAdoo and Dave Collins now. He did just lose in a landslide to Lebron in back to back years. Since he's the King of the world now. I guess a lot of thing are going to change.

himat
07-11-2010, 07:26 PM
:lol wow just wow.

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I think you've confused yourself. Good work.
Predict my next move Nostradamus. It's gonna be quite a doozy.

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 07:48 PM
people only have themselves to blame for lebron's media attention. espn wouldn't be pulling this stuff if lebron didn't attract so many viewers and be so profitable.
Yes but if Lebron didn't exist ESPN would a respectable honest, well run media organization? Hmmmmm.... I'm gonna have to say no that. The big League at ESPN has sucked in my book since they broke up the Big Ticket. Plus the comedic quips and one liners make the channel awul. ESPN bukkaked its integrity long before Lebron came around.

Veterinarian
07-11-2010, 07:53 PM
They'res some weird trolling going on in here.

Dex
07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
wtf is iCarly?

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICarly

iCarly is a TV show on nickelodeon, about some fame whore who creates her own show. She has her own entourage from what I can read and broadcasts important nessages. They apparently give millions to the boys & girls club every broadcast, butt then some buthurt faggots on the internet say that Carly is just a cocksucker and will never be as cool as kobe or win as many championships. These kids don't unfortunately know that Kobe rode Shaq's jock to three championships either.

In the season finale Carly announed whether she would do the show next season from what looks like post apacolyptic wasteland (Cleveland) or party central USA Miami. In a backlash she chose Miami. It was surprising because everyone thought she was functionally retarded and would there for choose Cleveland. National interest in Cleveland rose, some faggots even suggested a celebrity telethon to ease Cleveland's butthurtedness. However, it's Cleveland and no one gives a shit it. So people stopping caring once the new Mini-Mall, Grapefruit stand, or Full Serve gas station opened up in their neighborhood. Most studies suggest in a few weeks interest Cleveland will be lower then the interest Haiti before the earthquoke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICarly

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 07:23 AM
I was all kinds of fucked up last night when I wrote in this thread.

Basketballgirl25
07-12-2010, 07:47 AM

I do blame myself for sure, why I was one of the fools that watched I have no clue, but things do that sometimes

EduRiker
07-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Not sure if that counts but "The Decision" was also aired in Brazil.