PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Old, Dated Movies

Nathan Explosion
07-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I was watching Purple Rain, and I love how the club owner tells The Kid that no one gets his music but The Kid.

Then he goes out and sings Purple Rain, and everyone gets him, even the club owner who just nods his head. Not only that, but every chick in the room was crying and wanted to fuck The Kid at the same time. Now that's a powerful song.

Plus, my best friend and I contend that Purple Rain is a documentary, not a movie. The director just sold it as a movie because no one would believe that that shit actually happened. I bet if you ask Morris Day he'd say that it all happened that way though.

Finally, I've been on a mini vacation and have been off from work for the last 4 days. Can you tell?

Bender
07-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting something about classic movies...

Nathan Explosion
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I clicked on this thread expecting something about classic movies...

Classic movies are timeless. I said an old, dated movie. You know, one that hadn't really stood the test of time.

It's your own fault for clicking on it.

:downspin:

CuckingFunt
07-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Wait... are people saying that Purple Rain ISN'T a classic and HASN'T stood the test of time?

Crazy talk.

Bender
07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I haven't seen it. Those girly-looking guys make me sick just looking at them.

Nathan Explosion
07-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I haven't seen it. Those girly-looking guys make me sick just looking at them.

They made it move once didn't they?

Charlie Murphy talked about this. He said that people were talking about the new hot bitch in Shalamar but it was Micki Free.

Nathan Explosion
07-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Wait... are people saying that Purple Rain ISN'T a classic and HASN'T stood the test of time?

Crazy talk.

The movie, yes. The song however, give Prince his due. That song is great.

JudynTX
07-12-2010, 08:03 AM
Morris Day was funny in that movie. :lol