PDA

View Full Version : Mavs trying to cockblock Haslem?

Shank
07-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Seeing a report of Mavs offering MLE to Haslem.

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
crofl what a shitty offseason. keep offering that full mle to scrubs

monosylab1k
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
:tu don't play to win, just play to cockblock Miami. That's about as good as it'll get tbh.

JamStone
07-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Good for Cuban. I like that shit.

If some asshole has a hot wife you wanted, try to get back at him by fucking his ugly side ho.

mavs>spurs2
07-11-2010, 09:33 PM
tbh every team should trade all their talent to some shitty team like the clippers that has never won anything to defeat the collusion. Dirk, Kobe, Gasol, CP3, Melo, Dwight, Duncan, Roy, etc on the Clippers :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:.

BadOdor
07-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Laker nation owes you one, mavs.

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Anything's better then Najera.

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I still remember that look Haslem had on his face towards then end of game 2 in 06 when he was sitting on the bench. He looked like he would rather be eating a turd burger than playing basketball.

:(

IronMexican
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I still remember that look Haslem had on his face towards then end of game 2 in 06 when he was sitting on the bench. He looked like he would rather be eating a turd burger than playing basketball.

:(

The mavs are 0 & forever, Greg.

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Son I pray he still stays in Miami...wtf are you doing Cuban. Mavs need a SG and POST PLAYER. STOP FUCKING AROUND

:elephant

DMX7
07-11-2010, 09:40 PM
It would not be the worst pickup for the Mavs.

sribb43
07-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Great another undersized forward that we can get to play center

sribb43
07-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Son I pray he still stays in Miami...wtf are you doing Cuban. Mavs need a SG and POST PLAYER. STOP FUCKING AROUND

Well your not going to get that with the MLE

monosylab1k
07-11-2010, 09:43 PM

Crucify em, Iro, send that 0 & forever ass to the tree of woe!

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 09:43 PM

It's ok scro. The Blazers won a title back when I was 26, so I'm not 0 fer.

monosylab1k
07-11-2010, 09:44 PM
It would not be the worst pickup for the Mavs.

I agree Haslem is a decent player and good backup PF/C, but considering we could have Al Jefferson for Dampier today but Cuban won't do that, this is a catastrophe.

Shank
07-11-2010, 09:46 PM
All these posts and nothing from Heat Fag Nation as of yet? I'm disappointed.

monosylab1k
07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
jeez haslem is only 6-8? I thought he was like 6-10.

No backup center for him then. So the full MLE for a guy who's only going to play the 10-15 minutes Dirk is out?

MarkCuban
07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
See MavFans? I told you we'd figure it all out.

Why settle for a poorman's Haslem in Jefferson, when you can get the real deal?

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I agree Haslem is a decent player and good backup PF/C, but considering we could have Al Jefferson for Dampier today but Cuban won't do that, this is a catastrophe.

Yeah Cuban is a fucking idiot he passed up on getting Al Jefferson for Damp and picks....Big Al is a real low post presence. We then could have used the full MLE on a SG/slasher. But noooooooo.....we;re going to continue to make stupid ass moves

Well I'll take pleasure this season in watch the Heat lose...even if that means the Lakers 3 peat

himat
07-11-2010, 09:48 PM

Don't you get it? As long as every team pitches in to stop these mofos they should do it! This is the Dallas Mavericks role in this.:lol

MarkCuban
07-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah Cuban is a fucking idiot he passed up on getting Al Jefferson for Damp and picks....Big Al is a real low post presence. We then could have used the full MLE on a SG/slasher. But noooooooo.....we;re going to continue to make stupid ass moves

Well I'll take pleasure this season in watch the Heat lose...even if that means the Lakers 3 peat

fuck you

sefant77
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah sure, going for a 30 year old pure PF when there is 25 year old pf/c waiting....

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Don't you get it? As long as every team pitches in to stop these mofos they should do it! This is the Dallas Mavericks role in this.:lol

Well that's possible...after they interview players...another team should overpay that player they want. Someone needs to get Mike Miller....Knicks should offer him $10 mil a year

resistanze
07-11-2010, 09:57 PM
fuck you

:lol

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Yeah sure, going for a 30 year old pure PF when there is 25 year old pf/c waiting....

Son it's over for the Mavs....who cares I guess. God bless

Findog
07-11-2010, 10:02 PM
We'll give Haslem the full MLE, Haywood $65 million, but not take on Al Jefferson for 3/42?

I'm gonna go take some sleeping pills and go lay down...

DMX7
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
There are trolls trolling trolls on this board. It's out of control.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 10:04 PM
This would be a bad move..

The Mavs are arguably 1 or 2 moves away IMO(with their Dust Chip), I don't know what they're waiting for..

Findog
07-11-2010, 10:08 PM
This would be a bad move..

The Mavs are arguably 1 or 2 moves away IMO(with their Dust Chip), I don't know what they're waiting for..

They think Chris Paul is available even though the Hornets hang up on every team asking about him, the Timberwolves are begging to give us Al Jefferson (who fills a need that this team has had since fucking 1980), Donnie says they'll let the Dust Chip expire for savings, and they want to give the MLE to Udonis Haslem?

I want to scream.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRnSnfiUI54&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRnSnfiUI54&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HeatChamps
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM
lol Cuban is butthurt. We are kings. Suck it Cuban.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I don't believe the Mavs front office is this stupid..

They must have more than just a "hunch" about somebody or a good deal being available to them, they must think it's a realistic option, I doubt they would just pass this opportunity up for no reason..

Findog
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't believe the Mavs front office is this stupid..

They must have more than just a "hunch" about somebody or a good deal being available to them, they must think it's a realistic option, I doubt they would just pass this opportunity up for no reason..

The way it would work with Al Jefferson, he would have to be the third big in the rotation because Haywood would be so pussyhurt about not being the "starter." So he'd be our 6th man getting about 30 minutes a night. I'm sure Cuban does not like the idea of paying $13 million a year for a 6th man, plus the luxury tax implications, but fucking come on. Dirk has played with a lot of different players, but he's never played with a back to the basket low-post scorer.

I have a hard time believing CP3 is available, and even if he is, you have to make sure he's willing to sign an extension.

It's one thing to not jizz their pants immediately and take the Jefferson trade right off the bat. Ask for a deadline before Minny pulls their offer, make some calls, see what else you can get for the Dust Chip. But if their basic stance is "No way, no how, under no circumstances are we trading Dust for Al Jefferson," then I don't even know where to begin.

Cuban infuriates me sometimes, he's a billionaire three times over, he treats the Mavs as his expensive toy, he pays out the luxury tax every year, but ever so often, he pulls this cheap act: "I don't want to give Steve Nash 5/50. I don't want to pay $13 million a year for Al Jefferson."

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 10:17 PM
We'll give Haslem the full MLE, Haywood $65 million, but not take on Al Jefferson for 3/42?

I'm gonna go take some sleeping pills and go lay down...

Good night son....it's going to be okay....not really, just trying to make you feel better. Two possibilities:

1. This is BS and is being leaked out there by some party for leverage?

2. Cuban is a moron and is doing this to spite the cHeat

Hopefully if it's true Haslem doesn't accept it. Only problem is Cuban will likely now offer it to Shaq...or maybe Illgauskis to prevent him from going to Miami lol

Findog
07-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Utah is about to get in on the bidding for Big Al too.

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Utah is about to get in on the bidding for Big Al too.

well doesn't matter since we're out of it

Zelophehad
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I just want this offseason to be over now. I'll just hang onto my irrational hopes that Beaubois plays 30-35 minutes and becomes a superstar and Carlisle doesn't fuck up the rotations like I know he will.

sefant77
07-11-2010, 10:30 PM
The way it would work with Al Jefferson, he would have to be the third big in the rotation because Haywood would be so pussyhurt about not being the "starter." So he'd be our 6th man getting about 30 minutes a night. I'm sure Cuban does not like the idea of paying $13 million a year for a 6th man, plus the luxury tax implications, but fucking come on. Dirk has played with a lot of different players, but he's never played with a back to the basket low-post scorer.

I have a hard time believing CP3 is available, and even if he is, you have to make sure he's willing to sign an extension.

It's one thing to not jizz their pants immediately and take the Jefferson trade right off the bat. Ask for a deadline before Minny pulls their offer, make some calls, see what else you can get for the Dust Chip. But if their basic stance is "No way, no how, under no circumstances are we trading Dust for Al Jefferson," then I don't even know where to begin.

Cuban infuriates me sometimes, he's a billionaire three times over, he treats the Mavs as his expensive toy, he pays out the luxury tax every year, but ever so often, he pulls this cheap act: "I don't want to give Steve Nash 5/50. I don't want to pay $13 million a year for Al Jefferson."

I would say: Just watch the Lakers. And watch what bigmen get this offeason (Gooden, Petro etc). Mavs will need another quality bigmen/center anyway. So whats better, paying Jefferson 13 million as 30+ minutes 6th man or Najera and a Haslem/Petro/Gooden type together 7-8 mio? :rolleyes

And Jefferson is 25, buy low. Its not even such a age 30+ dead never be able to trade him again contract type like Brand. Let Jefferson bounce back healthy beside Dirk and Kidd and maybe the Hornets will trade Paul in a year (after a trade demand) for Jefferson :rolleyes

Trade Damp and Najera for him. Then get some 7-0 center for the minimum and you are done. Tell Jefferson to look at Odom in LA. Haywood and Jefferson can bang 30-32 minutes, no need to care about potentially 40min and foultrouble etc.

Ah and if you want to save money Cuban, just tell Rick to cut Terrys minutes below 20 so he doesnt get his full money next season.

Cant believe this crap. I will get so pissed if they are not in serious Paul rumors.

I would love to get Jefferson and Sessions bad contract and dump all that useless bench crap: Najera, Stevenson, Barea and Terry/Carroll. Minny would still save a lot. Well pipe dream.

sefant77
07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I just want this offseason to be over now. I'll just hang onto my irrational hopes that Beaubois plays 30-35 minutes and becomes a superstar and Carlisle doesn't fuck up the rotations like I know he will.

Me too, like him as Ellis 2.0 just better and less douchy.

Findog
07-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I would say: Just watch the Lakers. And watch what bigmen get this offeason (Gooden, Petro etc). Mavs will need another quality bigmen/center anyway. So whats better, paying Jefferson 13 million as 30+ minutes 6th man or Najera and a Haslem/Petro/Gooden type together 7-8 mio? :rolleyes

And Jefferson is 25, buy low. Its not even such a age 30+ dead never be able to trade him again contract type like Brand. Let Jefferson bounce back healthy beside Dirk and Kidd and maybe the Hornets will trade Paul (after a trade demand) for Jefferson :rolleyes

Trade Damp and Najera for him. Then get some 7-0 center for the minimum and you are done. Tell Jefferson to look at Odom in LA. Haywood and Jefferson can band 30-32 minutes, no need to care about potentially 40min and foultrouble etc.

Ah and if you want to save money Cuban, just tell Rick to cut Terrys minutes below 20 so he doesnt get his full money next season.

Cant believe this crap. I will get so pissed if they are not in serious Paul rumors.

I would love to get Jefferson and Sessions bad contract and dump all that useless bench crap: Najera, Stevenson, Barea and Terry/Carroll. Minny would still save a lot. Well pipe dream.

Can you imagine Al Jefferson pounding away at second units when Dirk or Haywood sits? Or operating in the low post while Dirk sets up shop in the high post? Or playing alongside Haywood while Dirk rests? Haywood to protect the rim and block shots, Big Al to run the offense through? I know Jefferson is not a great defender, but they can make this work.

sefant77
07-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Jefferson > Iggy (because he is again more a 3 than a 2).

If Roddy emerges as a really good scorer consistent scorer Mavs could start Kidd-Roddy-Marion-Dirk-Haywood and then completly destroy oher benches with Terry, Butler as Point Forward and Jefferson...

If they let the Dust expire or nothing after Jefferson is dealt somewhere else im done with the season allready.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 10:44 PM
I agree about Jefferson..having Haywood on the team means the Mavs would have some versatility in the frontcourt to cover Dirk and Jefferson's(not so much Dirk anymore) flaws defensively against certain teams..then when you go up against other teams, you would have an unstoppable frontcourt offensively..

Even acquiring Iguodala would be a huge move for the Mavs, he would be a massive upgrade over Butler or Marion on both ends IMO..

I don't like the Mavs current situation on the wing, they don't have any penetration..

Shank
07-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Money isn't the concern with Jefferson. Mavs are willing to spend right now. It's his knees and defensive liabilities.

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree about Jefferson..having Haywood on the team means the Mavs would have some versatility in the frontcourt to cover Dirk and Jefferson's(not so much Dirk anymore) flaws defensively against certain teams..then when you go up against other teams, you would have an unstoppable frontcourt offensively..

Even acquiring Iguodala would be a huge move for the Mavs, he would be a massive upgrade over Butler or Marion on both ends IMO..

I don't like the Mavs current situation on the wing, they don't have any penetration..

When Butler wants to, he's a pretty effective penetrator. Problem is he's adopted the Maverick's mindset and just settles for 15-18 foot jumpers.

07-11-2010, 11:05 PM
mavs are wasting their time. haslem will sign a one year deal for $4.3 million with the heat. he will do this because he's going to get a "under the table" promise of being resigned to a longer and larger contract next year. heat still own his bird rights. haslem is wade's fisher and the heat won't let him get away.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Can the Mavs please just gift us Dirk & Butler please. Thanks in advance.

Shank
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
mavs are wasting their time. haslem will sign a one year deal for $4.3 million with the heat. he will do this because he's going to get a "under the table" promise of being resigned to a longer and larger contract next year. heat still own his bird rights. haslem is wade's fisher and the heat won't let him get away.

With the new CBA, Haslem would be killing himself with that thinking.

Findog
07-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Money isn't the concern with Jefferson. Mavs are willing to spend right now. It's his knees and defensive liabilities.

That's fine, but he's 25. Tearing your ACL isn't the death sentence that it used to be, but it takes about two years to come back - one year to get back on the field/court, and then another to get back to where you were when injured.

I really think the Mavs would be buying real low on Jefferson if all it takes is the DUST chips and late first-rounders. You don't think he might have something to prove if the T-Wolves would rather have Darko than him?

ElNono
07-11-2010, 11:26 PM
There's also the real possibility that Haywood turns into Dampier 2.0 now that he got paid big. Al would be incredibly good insurance if that turns out to be the case.
People talk about his defensive liability but the guy is only 25 and can score against 90% of the league. Imagine if he had the extra space a guy like dirk can provide.

And you go for Haslem? smh

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
What does Haslem provide for the Mavs?

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM

championship experience.

MarkCuban
07-11-2010, 11:28 PM
There's also the real possibility that Haywood turns into Dampier 2.0 now that he got paid big. Al would be incredibly good insurance if that turns out to be the case.
People talk about his defensive liability but the guy is only 25 and can score against 90% of the league. Imagine if he had the extra space a guy like dirk can provide.

And you go for Haslem? smh

Listen faggot, you can take your opinion and go drown it in your dirty Riverwalk! :madrun

Haslem is a solid veteran presence with championship experience

dallaskd
07-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I like Haslem. Puts up 10/8 and a lot of times that was even as a backup. plays bigger than his size tbh

Findog
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM

solid third big for your frontcourt if you have no interest in acquiring an efficient low-post scorer, something the Mavs have never had in their 30-year history.

Findog
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I like Haslem. Puts up 10/8 and a lot of times that was even as a backup. plays bigger than his size tbh

I like Haslem too if there were not any chance at all of acquiring Al Jefferson.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I understand what Haslem brings as a player, but the Mavs goal is title or bust. Does spending that money on Haslem help in that regard?

Findog
Does spending that money on Haslem help in that regard?

Fuck no it doesn't.

DPG21920
That is my point. So why do you do that?

ElNono
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Haslem is a rugged defender. I guess they're thinking it would match up well against Gasol / Bynum. I'm not sold on that. Offensively, he gives you what Dampier used to give you.

Findog
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
The best way to "stick it" to the Heat is to create the best team possible in the highly unlikely event the Mavs advance to the Finals again to face Miami. Haslem is basically a souped-up and more skilled version of Najera. Not a difference-making move at all.

BUMP

That's what we're trying to figure out.

My guess is that they think Dirk provides enough offense for the frontcourt, Jefferson is to big of a ?, and that Haslem provides a big body to bang with LA.

Findog

No idea.

dallaskd
07-11-2010, 11:36 PM
I like Haslem too if there were not any chance at all of acquiring Al Jefferson.

true, we need to stop toying with this pipe dream of aquiring CP3. New Orleans has said they are not shopping him and I dont think they would trade him within the division. I read in the Dallas Morning News, Donnie said there is a good chance the dust chip isnt moved. It can still be moved at the deadline but imo a shaky Jefferson is still better than letting Damp's contract expire.

ElNono
The best way to "stick it" to the Heat is to create the best team possible in the highly unlikely event the Mavs advance to the Finals again to face Miami. Haslem is basically a souped-up and more skilled version of Najera. Not a difference-making move at all.

You mean before Najera started to pull a Rasheed and fell in love with the 3 pointer? :lol

Findog
If we got Jefferson, we would finally have the size and skill to be competitive with LA's frontline. I just can't imagine Chris Paul is available; the Mavs are gonna let the DUST chip got to waste while they hold their dicks waiting on the Hornets to MAYBE make Paul available.

Findog
07-11-2010, 11:39 PM
true, we need to stop toying with this pipe dream of aquiring CP3. New Orleans has said they are not shopping him and I dont think they would trade him within the division. I read in the Dallas Morning News, Donnie said there is a good chance the dust chip isnt moved. It can still be moved at the deadline but imo a shaky Jefferson is still better than letting Damp's contract expire.

The theory is that the Hornets will be made a "Godfather" offer that they can't pass up involving clearing loads of cap space for years, plus throwing in Roddy to add to Collison/Thornton. Shinn is in the process of selling the team and would want to lower payroll to make the team more attractive to the new owners. Thing is, I am sure the new owners would want Paul to sell tickets. They already have a tough time drawing and nobody is going to want to watch a rebuilding movement.

ElNono
07-11-2010, 11:39 PM
I read somewhere that they were saving the DUST chip to use it on a 'Gasol type of trade'. But those deals are not out there all the time. Doesn't mean you can't take a pretty good deal even if it's not over the top.

Findog
07-11-2010, 11:41 PM
I read somewhere that they were saving the DUST chip to use it on a 'Gasol type of trade'. But those deals are not out there all the time. Doesn't mean you can't take a pretty good deal even if it's not over the top.

Exactly. I'd rather have CP3/Haslem than Al Jefferson, but there is just no indication whatsoever that Paul is available, and if he was, you can better believe that word would filter quickly through the league and a bidding war would erupt. Why would they want to deal him to their division rival and face him four times a year?

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 11:43 PM

Cuban is trying to sign all the players in the league that can actually guard and give Dirk problems on D.....don't worry we won't be taking anyone from the Spurs son

dallaskd
07-11-2010, 11:45 PM
According to sources, the Mavericks have let the Hornets know that they would be willing to take back two of their worse contracts in a package for Chris Paul.

Mark Cuban has repeatedly said the Mavs will be “opportunistic” in the trade market and are willing to take on salary if the right situation presents itself.

“I want to win,” Cuban said Wednesday night when asked about his willingness to take on significant salaries under the right circumstances. “If I think it puts us over the top, hell yeah. I’ll just go get another job at Dairy Queen.”

Dallas has at least made contact with the Hornets about a deal. I have still found nothing about any talks though.. maybe this is overnight kind of move. Im pretty confident Dallas will make their move in the next 2 and half weeks or there wont be one.

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Exactly. I'd rather have CP3/Haslem than Al Jefferson, but there is just no indication whatsoever that Paul is available, and if he was, you can better believe that word would filter quickly through the league and a bidding war would erupt. Why would they want to deal him to their division rival and face him four times a year?

Well to get Paul you probably gotta take Okafor back...so two pretty big contracts.

Mavs could offer Damp + Terry/Caron + JJB + other expirings and couple 1st round draft picks for CP3 + Okafor....

That's a ton of fuckin $$$ to take on...not sure even Cuban would do it but maybe that's why he was trying to get Big Al for cheap without the Dust????

Of course what really happens is the Mavs probably cut Damp and save the $$ themselves lol

dallaskd
07-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Ive heard Dallas was trying offer a package with Terry for jefferson and save the dust

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Ive heard Dallas was trying offer a package with Terry for jefferson and save the dust

Son read what I just posted above lol

The Mavs "supposedly" were only offering Carroll, Stevenson, other crap for Big Al lol

I'm going to give Cuban this week to see what's up

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 12:48 AM

oh for fuck's sake. THE GUY IS A WORLD CLASS POST SCORER. SOMETHING THE MAVS HAVE NEVER FUCKING HAD.

Donnie Nelson is literally too stupid to insult.

Indazone
07-12-2010, 12:50 AM
The Dallas Mavericks and Mark Cuban have done it. CB'd the Miami Heat. Kudos! :toast :lol

The Mavs have offered a contract believed to be a minimum of three years and $20 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Mavericks have offered Haslem their full mid-level exception starting at $5.85 million this season, a league source said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...agentbuzz071110

Indazone
07-12-2010, 12:51 AM
The Full MLE for Haslem! Oh lawd!

Cane
07-12-2010, 12:51 AM
It makes sense if he is trying to screw over Miami:

Cuban wants NBA to probe Heat’s signings

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38199183/ns/sports-nba/

Cuban ftw

Killakobe81
07-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Funny thing is Mavs already had a Haslem of sorts ...

Brandon Bass ...

Both are good 15 foot jump shoooters that hustle and scrap ...

Solid pickup if you ask me ...

monosylab1k

Cuban ftw

that'll go nowhere.

Get Phil Jackson to complain about it, then something might happen.

monosylab1k
Funny thing is Mavs already had a Haslem of sorts ...

Brandon Bass ...

Both are good 15 foot jump shoooters that hustle and scrap ...

Solid pickup if you ask me ...

Brandon Bass is nowhere near the defender or rebounder than Haslem is.

Indazone
07-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Haslem is better than Bass but not by that much. Still don't see how this significantly improves the Mavs.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Haslem is better than Bass but not by that much. Still don't see how this significantly improves the Mavs.

Bass has a midrange jumper and he's incredibly aggressive going for dunks (which usually led to him getting his shit blocked 3-4 times a game). That's about all he has going for him. He can't rebound or play defense for shit.

Haslem is a tough defender, great rebounder, and has a decent offensive game.

crc21209
07-12-2010, 01:13 AM
He's not going to leave Miami anyway, he's from the area and is very good friends with Riley and Wade. No way he gives up the chance to play with the Wade-Bron-Bosh trio..

crc21209
07-12-2010, 01:15 AM

Cuban ftw

lol Cuban..:cry :cry :cry

Greg Oden
07-12-2010, 01:16 AM
He's not going to leave Miami anyway, he's from the area and is very good friends with Riley and Wade. No way he gives up the chance to play with the Wade-Bron-Bosh trio..

When you were signing up for Spurtalk and had to pick between the screen names Captain Obvious and crc212009, what made you lean towards the latter?

Indazone
07-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Heat's Udonis Haslem will have a choice
July, 11, 2010
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks
By Jeff Caplan
Earlier Sunday, we pointed out here that the Dallas Mavericks have been interested in power forward Udonis Haslem, who has spent his entire seven-year career with the Miami Heat.

On Sunday night, sources close to the situation confirmed to ESPNDallas.com that the Mavericks have extended a multi-year offer to Haslem that starts at the full $5.8 mid-level exception.

One source added that Haslem – one of Miami's most effective defenders on Dirk Nowitzki during the 2006 NBA Finals – is giving Dallas' pitch strong consideration despite the fact that the Heat are lobbying him hard to stay for less money and play with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

The 6-foot-8 Haslem has averaged 10.0 points and 8.1 rebounds in his career. Haslem, 30, made $7.1 million last season. The newly star-laden Heat hope to keep him but will be limited to offering Haslem just over $4 million a year after signing the mega-free-agent trio and completing the expected signing of sharpshooter Mike Miller.

Although Dallas can clearly outbid Miami, Haslem's strong ties to the area – especially to his close friend Wade – hurt the Mavericks' chances of actually landing him. It's also possible that New Jersey could join the bidding for Haslem as well.

Mavs president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson and coach Rick Carlisle have said the club's top free-agent priority is to sign a power forward or center. The Mavs have secured new deals with Dirk Nowitzki and Brendan Haywood, but depth is lean behind them with only Eduardo Najera and Erick Dampier on the roster.

Indazone
07-12-2010, 01:23 AM
and original article from Yahoo Sports http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz071110

The Dallas Mavericks are determined to make it difficult for free agent Udonis Haslem to easily return to the Miami Heat.

The Mavs have offered a contract believed to be a minimum of three years and $20 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Mavericks have offered Haslem their full mid-level exception starting at $5.85 million this season, a league source said.

The Heat are trying to re-sign Haslem to play with Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh, but salary cap restraints could leave them with as little as $4.3 million a year to pay him. And that’s assuming the Heat signs free agent Mike Miller starting at $4.9 million.

Haslem, who made $7 million last season, has been a consistent defender and rebounder for the Heat, and president Pat Riley has been determined to keep him. He averaged 10 points and eight rebounds in seven seasons with Miami.

New Jersey has shown interest in Haslem but hasn’t made a formal offer. Haslem shares the same agent as Wade and Bosh, and has expressed a strong desire to return to the Heat.

–Adrian Wojnarowski, 10:01 p.m. ET, July 11

Haslem has to take nearly a 3 million dollar paycut to stay with the Heat. He's gone!

badfish22
07-12-2010, 01:32 AM
fuck the Mavs.

Indazone
07-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Dude, have you guys even done shit this off season, besides worry about whether Yao's stitches were safely removed from his injured pussy?

Wow, now I see why you are the biggest tool on ST. Don't worry, your team will not repeat next year. We don't have to do shit except sign a backup center and we are good to go.

Kim Jong-il
06-30-2021, 10:58 AM
lol i’m just gonna dig up all of my old horrible takes