PDA

View Full Version : Suns near acquisitions of Hedo Turkoglu, Josh Childress

ace3g
07-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Suns near acquisitions of Hedo Turkoglu, Josh Childress

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/07/11/20100711phoenix-suns-acquire-hedo-turkoglu-josh-childress.html#ixzz0tR0EqMzh

BRHornet45
07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
lol at least they got Diana Taurasi

pauls931
07-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I guess one plus is Barbosa would be gone...

Amarelooms
07-11-2010, 10:22 PM
not bad I guess....decent moves

Cuban should learn from this

:elephant

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:22 PM
:lmao they didn't wanna pay Amare the max but they'll take Turkoglu's contract wow this is terrible

DMX7
07-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Josh Childress is pretty good but he's also amazingly ugly. I'm not sure it's a fair tradeoff.

Goran Dragic
Great they got rid of Barbosa and brought in a cancer 10 times as big. Fuck Sarver.

benefactor
Childress has improved his game while overseas, so he could be a nice addition. Hedo...not so much.

N4th4n
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Hedo could have a really great season here. I don't hate this move, what I do hate are the inconsistencies of our bi-polar front office.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Getting rid of Barbosa is good but why the fuck are they absorbing Turkoglu's contract? Does Sarver not know what rebuilding mode is?

benefactor
07-11-2010, 10:26 PM
15% trade kicker on Hedo. Is Sarver really going to eat that?

MavDynasty
Doesn't he want to be somewhat competitive to fill seats?

HarlemHeat37
Barbosa is one of the worst players in the NBA, so they obviously get a huge upgrade in Turkoglu, but is it worth the extra 2 years at 10 + million $?..this would also ensure that the Suns are in the playoffs for the next few years(since Turkoglu is obviously an upgrade), but it would mean they're probably going to be 1st round fodder and won't add any lottery picks..

It's interesting that the cheap ass Sarver is going to pay Turkoglu and Childress..

This also means the Suns will be playing a lot of small ball, they're loaded with perimeter players now, a few of them that could potentially play small ball PF..

A great deal for Toronto, they get a guy for 2 years less than Turkgolu and a lot less money, while getting worse and trying to load up on lottery picks..hopefully it leads to a Calderon trade and Colangelo being let go..

timvp
07-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Four years and $44 million left on Hedo's contract. Got damn that's a lot for someone swiftly going down hill. Childress is a good piece but I don't really see the fit. Teams will rotate off of him.

So Babby in the mix for the GM job and gets two of his boys. Props.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm in awe of this stupidity. The Suns are gonna be so soft and so perimeter heavy (and it's not like they have great perimeter players).

Can't complain too much, at least Barbosa is gone, and when motivated Turkoglu is the legit small forward they need.

MavDynasty
07-11-2010, 10:28 PM
nvm playin him at the 4 :lmao

benefactor
07-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Four years and $44 million left on Hedo's contract. Got damn that's a lot for someone swiftly going down hill. Childress is a good piece but I don't really see the fit. Teams will rotate off of him.

So Babby in the mix for the GM job and gets two of his boys. Props.
Don't forget the extra 6.6 million just to bring him to PHX. Ouch.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I just read the article. :lmao Turkoglu playing the 4

N4th4n
07-11-2010, 10:30 PM
The Warrick signing is looking more and more bizarre. I would rather play Gani Lawal who is a tough mother fucker over pussy ass Hakeem.

HarlemHeat37
:lol Raptors fans are celebrating, praying it's going through..

baseline bum
Wow. Sarver makes Chris Wallace look like a competent GM.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a question. How are they going to open up their shooters like they did with Amare and Nash on the pick and roll? Who will make the defenders leave the shooters to collapse the paint now?

Sarver along with most retarded Suns fans believe Nash is so good that he can run pick and rolls with a pile of bricks and still generate a bunch of open shots. Moves like these are only gonna make it harder and harder to rebuild :depressed

Greg Oden
07-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow. Sarver makes Chris Wallace look like a competent GM.

This deal makes signing Tony Allen look like he brought LeBron to Beale St.

baseline bum
07-11-2010, 10:33 PM
How do all the Suns fans on the linked article actually like this dumb-ass move?

timvp
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Random trivia: Hedo almost signed with the Suns back in the summer of '04. At the last second, the Magic swooped in with a larger offer. The Suns then went with Q-Rich.

Anyways, I'm not sure Hedo on the Suns will work. He's good when he gets to handle the ball a lot. In Phoenix, Nash handles the ball more than any player in the league. Plus, they have the best backup PG in the league. If the Suns try to turn Hedo into a spot up shooter, it'll be a failure.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM
How do all the Suns fans on the linked article actually like this dumb-ass move?

Because AZcentral is full of retarded homers. I used to post there but the stupidity on that site is so overwhelming I get pissed off whenever I read the retarded comments.

baseline bum
07-11-2010, 10:35 PM
If the Suns try to turn Hedo into a spot up shooter, it'll be a failure.

Ouch. Yeah, that worked very badly.

Goran Dragic
Random trivia: Hedo almost signed with the Suns back in the summer of '04. At the last second, the Magic swooped in with a larger offer. The Suns then went with Q-Rich.

Anyways, I'm not sure Hedo on the Suns will work. He's good when he gets to handle the ball a lot. In Phoenix, Nash handles the ball more than any player in the league. Plus, they have the best backup PG in the league. If the Suns try to turn Hedo into a spot up shooter, it'll be a failure.

It won't. All Hedo does on this team is stunt Dragic's development and fuck up chemistry.

HarlemHeat37

Hedo's best asset is his ability at facilitating the pick and roll..I'm not even sure whom he's going to play it with on this team..Earl Clark? Warrick?..

He's definitely an upgrade over Barbosa, partly due to Barbosa being so bad, but this could present the same problems the Raptors had when it came to have Turkoglu fit in..

N4th4n

I think Gentry is creative enough offensively to make it work. What I am concerned about, as usual, is our defense and rebounding.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 10:37 PM
I think the Suns will definitely have enough talent to make the playoffs, but what's the point?..they're going to be stuck with some of these guys for a long time, they won't be able to rebuild for a little while, all the while going nowhere but out of the 1st round..

James David Manning
07-11-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Sarver has never seen Turkoglu play if he wants to switch him to power forward.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:39 PM
This year we'll get to see the Suns display incompetence on both ends of the court, it should be fun to watch!

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Robin Lopez is not a bad pick and roll option but he's nothing like Amare who you can build a pick and roll offense around.

Gorilla Game
07-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Babby making a good first impression.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Babby making a good first impression.

You're an idiot

Shastafarian
07-11-2010, 10:46 PM
damn using up that trade exception quick

Gorilla Game
07-11-2010, 10:46 PM
You're an idiot

You want Warrick to start? fag, go cheer for the lakers

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:49 PM
You want Warrick to start? fag, go cheer for the lakers

No, I'd much rather them fuckin rebuild and give up on this current day shitty team. Why the fuck is it so hard for Suns fans to think long term?

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:50 PM
YAY! We can be the 8 seed and lose in the 1st round rather than miss the playoffs completely!!!! I'm excited!!!

N4th4n
07-11-2010, 10:52 PM
No, I'd much rather them fuckin rebuild and give up on this current day shitty team. Why the fuck is it so hard for Suns fans to think long term?

If you really think about it, what the fuck is the point of rebuilding? Are we really ever going to win anything? I think not.

O & 42 :depressed

Gorilla Game
07-11-2010, 10:53 PM

Easy keyboard tough guy, I'd rather see the suns at least try to stay relevant than tank and be a lottery team for the next few years and HOPE and PRAY for our #12 pick to turn into Kevin Durant.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:53 PM
If you really think about it, what the fuck is the point of rebuilding? Are we really ever going to win anything? I think not.

O & 42 :depressed

We're certainly not gonna win anything when fans accept mediocrity like this^

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 10:54 PM
I was mocking Raptors fans saying no one would touch Hedo and the Suns take him with open arms. :lol

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Easy keyboard tough guy, I'd rather see the suns at least try to stay relevant than tank and be a lottery team for the next few years and HOPE and PRAY for our #12 pick to turn into Kevin Durant.

YAY! Being a relevant loser is so much more fun than an irrelevant loser! I'm excited! 8 seed here we come! Fuck rebuilding and trying to win a championship when you can maintain mediocrity!

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Hedo, Frye & Warrick ecstasy.

himat
It would be a good move if the Suns were still legit contenders, but they aren't, so this is stupid as hell.

Goran Dragic
Hedo, Frye & Warrick ecstasy.

But at least we'll stay relevant!

Shastafarian
I was mocking Raptors fans saying no one would touch Hedo and the Suns take him with open arms. :lol

Gave away part of their sizable trade exception too. Ouch

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Honestly, the only thing worse than Hedo the "I got my fatty contract so I am happy now" player, is the contract itself.

N4th4n
07-11-2010, 10:56 PM
We're certainly not gonna win anything when fans accept mediocrity like this^

I forgot, fans have a direct impact on what there team does. You know what, I just decided i am not going to accept mediocrity. Let me call up Sarver and tell him the big news. When he hears I no longer accept mediocrity i fully expect him to S & T Frye, Hedo and Warrick for Amare.

Good thing I no longer accept mediocrity.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
I forgot, fans have a direct impact on what there team does. You know what, I just decided i am not going to accept mediocrity. Let me call up Sarver and tell him the big news. When he hears I no longer accept mediocrity i fully expect him to S & T Frye, Hedo and Warrick for Amare.

Good thing I no longer accept mediocrity.

Maybe not you in particular but when people buy tickets to watch 45 win trash it certainly doesn't help the matter.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Honestly, the only thing worse than Hedo the "I got my fatty contract so I am happy now" player, is the contract itself.

But it keeps the Suns relevant!

N4th4n
07-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Maybe not you in particular but when people buy tickets to watch 45 win trash it certainly doesn't help the matter.

I am probably still going to go to 3 or 4 games this year. Going to the arena and watching live basketball can still be great in the context of any given night. You don't have to look at it in terms of anything larger. In fact, if you do, you are only sacrificing your own ability to be happy. I am going to enjoy watching the Suns next year like I do every year. Sure I may be frustrated about some ( all ) of the moves of our front office, but it is still a game. Once you turn it from a momentary distraction to something else, you are doing yourself more harm then good.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:04 PM
I would have rather kept Barbosa, no doubt.

N4th4n
07-11-2010, 11:05 PM
This is fantastic.

@paulcoro

Turkoglu is agreeing to yield about $5M of his trade kicker & reduce the guarantee on his deal's final year ($12M in 2013-14)

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Suns FO is pretty damn dumb imho tbh.

Gorilla Game
07-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I would have rather kept Barbosa, no doubt.

You must have watched Barbosa's 3 good games last year.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:08 PM

When you factor in contract length Barbosa > Turkoglu, however Barbosa managed to be such a giant cancer in only 15 minutes per game that this trade isn't a complete fail with him gone.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:09 PM

That was better than Hedo's 0. Plus, after one more year Barbosa was done. Hedo, have fun with that.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:10 PM
It's a good thing I stole a bottle of manischewitz wine from a party last night. Time to get drunk!

Chillen
07-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Phoenix is probably a 6th seed and 2nd round exit team at best if they make that trade. If they don't they might not even make the playoffs in the West with no Amare.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
That was better than Hedo's 0. Plus, after one more year Barbosa was done. Hedo, have fun with that.

2 years, tbh. Barbosa has a player option that even his dumb ass wouldn't be stupid enough to decline.

Then again Barbosa is so stupid I shouldn't concede that as a possibility.

JMarkJohns
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
I like Childress, but don't like Turkolgu at his cost/duration. He brings an ideal skillset for the system, sure, but as others have said, isn't really an answer on or off the court, let alone on the books. Eats up any CAP for next year...

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Ahh, I thought it was a team option. Still, that is a lot of money to pay to a seemingly lazy player for no apparent reason.

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:14 PM
It's a good thing I stole a bottle of manischewitz wine from a party last night. Time to get drunk!

God, I forgot how good this shit tastes compared to normal disgusting wine.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
:lol How the fuck did Barbosa get paid like that anyways? Has it been that long since he was good that I don't remember?(Although to be fair, he was rarely good against the Spurs, so I got used to that)..

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:19 PM
He did win 6th man of the year....but he got that contract when Antoni was GM.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
There was a time when Barbosa was a solid player. I am not sure what happened tbh.

Jace
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
So they are going to hire an agent to be their GM and he is bringing with him one of his players in Hedo and a former player in Childress?

JMarkJohns
07-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Two or three years ago, Barbosa's contract looked to be one of the bargains of the League. He was scoring 18-20 points a game, and making 5/6 per year. Now, at 11 points for 7 million per season, the bargain is gone with the production.

Shame. He's a lot of, (forgive me DoK), *ahem* FUN when he's playing well.

Gorilla Game
07-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Hedo taking a pay cut for the honor of playing for the suns per Gambo twitter:
"Turkoglu agrees to eliminate half of his guarantee in final year of contract to come to Phx. So only 6.1 million gtd instead of 12.2 mill"

Jeremy
07-11-2010, 11:25 PM
:lol How the fuck did Barbosa get paid like that anyways? Has it been that long since he was good that I don't remember?(Although to be fair, he was rarely good against the Spurs, so I got used to that)..

What's funny is that Barbosa's only good moment for the Suns this last season was helping us take a 3-0 lead on the Spurs in the 4th quarter of Game 3, along with Dragic of course.

DPG21920
07-11-2010, 11:26 PM
If that is true, that makes it a little better obviously, but 38M compared to 14.7M still looks crappy at the moment.

InRareForm
07-11-2010, 11:26 PM
hahaha of course he would yield to that. playing on house's money. wow!

Goran Dragic
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Shame. He's a lot of, (forgive me DoK), *ahem* FUN when he's playing well.

I've drank enough manischewitz where I won't be mad now!

JMarkJohns
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah... Suns should get, at least, two 2nd-rounders, if not a heavily protected 1st (like the Heat pick they just acquired) for taking on almost 2.5 times the returning salary. It's not like Turk set the League on fire last year and is coming off a high note. He's as down as Barbosa is, or it's pretty close.

Halberto
07-11-2010, 11:34 PM
This team is going to look like a college basketball team that shoots 67% threes.

da_suns_fan
07-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Hedo is a great passer and pretty good shooter. With him, Nash and Hill on the floor, the Suns will have three guys with great basketball IQs.

Sad to see my boy LB go, but maybe he'll get to play more in Toronto.

But whats with Childress? He absolutely sucks.

TD 21
07-11-2010, 11:52 PM
What a steal for the Raptors. Not only is Barbosa younger, cheaper, faster and a better shooter, but he has half the years remaining on his salary that Turkoglu does. Say what you want about Barbosa's struggles in recent years, to be able to dump Turkoglu and not have to take back an awful salary, is an outstanding move.

I actually think Barbosa is due for a bounce back season. I'd guarantee it if he were in a contract year, but I think it's likely nonetheless. He should be rejuvenated going to a team where he'll likely start, but even if he doesn't, is sure to have the ball in his hands plenty, as there's a good chance he'll be their second leading scorer and possibly go-to player in the clutch (which tells you how bad they're bound to be).

For the Suns, this is puzzling. It's obvious that they're preparing for life after Hill and Richardson (likely in a year's time) with the acquisition's of Turkoglu and Childress. They're now overloaded on the wings, which could lead to chemistry issues.

Playing Turkoglu at PF has disaster written all over it. Either Childress or Dudley won't be playing the minutes they're accustomed to and Warrick, who was probably told he'd start or at least expecting to start, now get's demoted to eighth-tenth man status.

crc21209
07-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Damn absolute horrible moves by the Suns...:lol

ace3g
07-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Full trade details (not sure if they were in the original link when I posted it earlier)

The Suns, according to the Republic, have agreed to send guard Leandro Barbosa and forward Dwayne Jones to the Raptors for Turkoglu, who badly wants a move after a rough first season with Atlanta. The Raptors then plan to use the trade exception it created in their Chris Bosh sign-and-trade deal with Miami to acquire Boris Diaw from Charlotte, with Jones heading to the Bobcats.

Barbosa and Diaw are players who were brought to Phoenix by current Raptors president of basketball operatons Bryan Colangelo.

In the second deal, Phoenix will acquire Childress in a sign-and-trade with the Hawks, who still hold Childress' rights after the restricted free agent spent the last two seasons in Greece. The Republic reported that Childress has agreed to a five-year, $34 million contract with the Suns, who will use a portion of the trade exception created in Friday's Stoudemire sign-and-trade with New York to absorb Childress' contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372405&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5372405

The Hawks, who had no financial flexibility to even consider matching offers to Childress after signing Joe Johnson to a six-year deal worth nearly $120 million

one of the reasons I wanted the Spurs to go after him, because I knew it would be tough for the Hawks to match any offer

Gorilla Game
07-12-2010, 01:25 AM
LB and Diaw on the same team again, look out heat!!!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 01:28 AM
lol the foreign fucks reunited

Greg Oden
07-12-2010, 01:31 AM
they aint shit if they aint got a fly ass jump suit with a radio belt.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-12-2010, 01:31 AM
:lol

redzero
07-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Hey, I heard that that Emeka Okafor dude is pretty good. The Suns should look to trade for him, preferably with expiring contracts.

Kamnik
07-12-2010, 01:54 AM
What a steal for the Raptors. Not only is Barbosa younger, cheaper, faster and a better shooter

You are calling Barbosa a better shooter than Turkoglu? Really?

Kamnik
07-12-2010, 01:57 AM
I like this trade for Phoenix actually... Barbosa was a waste of air and stole minutes away from Dragič. Hedo might do good in the Suns syste, who knows... many players play much better when they get great passes.

I am not sure about childress though; Suns already have have Dudley and Hill.

Jeremy
07-12-2010, 02:06 AM
I like this trade for Phoenix actually... Barbosa was a waste of air and stole minutes away from Dragič. Hedo might do good in the Suns syste, who knows... many players play much better when they get great passes.

I am not sure about childress though; Suns already have have Dudley and Hill.

Well, Dudley probably moves to SG to replace Barbosa.

Jeremy
07-12-2010, 02:06 AM
Hey, I heard that that Emeka Okafor dude is pretty good. The Suns should look to trade for him, preferably with expiring contracts.

Man, I'd take him over Hedo or Childress. At least he rebounds the basketball.

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2010, 02:07 AM
At least Hedo makes horrible pizza commercials..the local pizza places in Phoenix are probably looking forward to it..

mojorizen7
07-12-2010, 02:52 AM
These deals make us better...but still very incomplete. Nash dishing to a bunch of tall skinny shooters isn't going to get it done.

I'm hoping we can get a deal done involving moving JRich to the T-Wolves for Al Jefferson(who they're openly shopping). This would make the rest make some sense in terms of putting a more complete basketball team on the floor.
Childress is a huge upgrade over Barbosa but the Turk will struggle without a big up front who can score inside....and Lopez cant be expected to get ALL the rebounds.

As it stands now,this team is going to be very ummm...skinny.
More to come hopefully.
Sarver refuses to blow this thing up.:bang

FkLA
07-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Hedont is solid, I think people are focusing too much on just last year. He was in a place where it became apparent that he didnt really want to be in and was just in it for the money. The guy was the best offensive player on the Magic team that reached the Finals two years ago. Obviously he wont have the same ball handling duties but Nash isnt getting any younger, he could bring different things to the table for phoenix playing point forward. He also has great range, that one disastrous playoff performance for the Spurs notwithstanding.

Not the best contract obviously, especially the last two years...but other than that not a horrible move.

admiralsnackbar
07-12-2010, 03:05 AM
As a fan, it'll be fun to watch Hedo and Nash play together, but I feel bad for Suns fans whose team will be financially hamstrung for years by this.

I tip my hat to Toronto, however. How they got this done -- with Sarver of all people-- is beyond me.

mingus
07-12-2010, 03:36 AM
They'll have a really good backcourt with Nash/JRich/Turk/Childress/Dragic.

But they'll need an enforcer down low. I wonder if they go after Dampier in a s&t or Big Z or Ratliff. The Lopez/Frye/Warrick won't get the job done. If they can get a big and Lopez shows improvement they might be pretty good.

admiralsnackbar
07-12-2010, 03:54 AM

But they'll need an enforcer down low. I wonder if they go after Dampier in a s&t or Big Z or Ratliff.

I don't think any of the three qualify as enforcers besides Ratliff, who is older than Cthulu.

Kamnik
07-12-2010, 03:57 AM

But they'll need an enforcer down low. I wonder if they go after Dampier in a s&t or Big Z or Ratliff. The Lopez/Frye/Warrick won't get the job done. If they can get a big and Lopez shows improvement they might be pretty good.

Good take. They really need some more bul under the basket...

As for fans crying that this makes rebuilding hard; Suns are (unfortunately) NOT REBUILDING... If they would be rebuilding they would trade Nash, Richardson and Hill.

IMO they could have a really good team if Hedo fits into the system and Lopez stays healthy and continues to improve.

Kamnik
07-12-2010, 03:58 AM
I don't think any of the three qualify as enforcers besides Ratliff, who is older than Cthulu.

Hehe yeah, Big Z is probably the softest player in the league. Can't stand him shooting all those long range jumpers when he is huge.

resistanze
07-12-2010, 06:55 AM
lol

thedong
07-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Hedo's getting his ID check in Arizona.

pauls931
07-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I think the Suns will definitely have enough talent to make the playoffs, but what's the point?..they're going to be stuck with some of these guys for a long time, they won't be able to rebuild for a little while, all the while going nowhere but out of the 1st round..

Just like the spurs.

pauls931
07-12-2010, 08:00 AM

Of course if the metric of good shooting is how many shots you can put up per minute played.

Brazil
07-12-2010, 08:22 AM
After bonner signing, spurs fans should not talk shit to other fans regarding off season moves :depressed

JamStone
07-12-2010, 08:51 AM
How long before they trot out 5 small forwards as a line-up?

Grant Hill / Josh Childress / Hedo Turkoglu / Jared Dudley / Earl Clark

That's some shit Don Nelson might do.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 09:14 AM
How long before they trot out 5 small forwards as a line-up?

Grant Hill / Josh Childress / Hedo Turkoglu / Jared Dudley / Earl Clark

That's some shit Don Nelson might do.

The Suns seem to think that having 5 crappy or bench quality small forwards is the equivalent of having 1 stud small forward. That's been their motto for years, horde mediocre talent rather than go after elite talent.

JamStone
07-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Was Channing Frye going to an 80s costume party or are those his fareal digs?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 09:23 AM
:lol I have no idea but when ReynaldoBalkman posted that pic last night I seriously could not stop laughing

da_suns_fan
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Josh Childress is Shawn Marion without the athleticism.

Turkuglu is slow, cant finish, cant rebound and has an awful contract. Hes a good 6th man to come off the bench and screw with opposing lineups.

But starting power forward? Ugh. This has disaster written all over it. This will turn out worse than when we replaced McDyess with Googliotta.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 11:27 AM
The part that concerns me the most is the Suns hired an agent who just traded for two of his clients/former clients. That basically says, "Oh hi, don't expect me to using my brain when doing my job or doing what's best for the team, I plan on making roster changes based off emotions, nepotism, and personal bias."

JamStone
07-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Somewhat feel bad for Grant Hill. What the hell is his use now?

They're not competing anymore and they just keep adding small forwards.

ducks
07-12-2010, 11:47 AM
hedo can rebound

Pistons < Spurs
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Trade: Diaw, Chandler to Toronto; Calderon to Charlotte

The news out of Toronto and Charlotte is that the deal — which is part of the Turkoglu/Barbosa trade as well – is all but complete: “The Charlotte Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler to the Toronto Raptors in a three-way deal including the Phoenix Suns that would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player, a source from one of the three teams involved confirmed … The financial gains are significant. Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million left on his current contract; Diaw has two years and $18 million remaining and Chandler will be paid $13.1 million this coming season. Turkoglu still had four years and about $40 million left on his deal and Calderon has three years and almost $30 million left to go.”http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/07/trade-diaw-chandler-to-toronto-for-calderon/

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Wow, this is the first time since the 2004 Knicks trade where Bryan Colangelo gets a great deal.

ducks
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
suns would get Calderon ?

another point guard

is nash out the door to?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
The headline says Calderon to Charlotte, learn to read dipshit.

lol bird rights in baseball

ducks
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
that is the headline

the Phoenix Suns that would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player

ducks
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
The headline says Calderon to Charlotte, learn to read dipshit.

headline says one thing rest of article says something else
dipshit

learn to read

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Look at the headline in big bold:

lol ducks reading comprehension fail

Dr House
07-12-2010, 12:30 PM
There's a salary cap in baseball

lol dumbass

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
“The Charlotte Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler to the Toronto Raptors in a three-way deal including the Phoenix Suns that would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player

It says it's a three way deal including the Phoenix Suns. The sentence says Charlotte sends Diaw and Chandler to Toronto and that they'd acquire a PG. lol reading comprehension fail, lol bird rights in baseball.

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
:lmao Hedo/Warrick PF rotation

ducks
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM

The news out of Toronto and Charlotte is that the deal — which is part of the Turkoglu/Barbosa trade as well – is all but complete: “The Charlotte Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler to the Toronto Raptors in a three-way deal including the Phoenix Suns that would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player, a source from one of the three teams involved confirmed … The financial gains are significant. Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million left on his current contract; Diaw has two years and $18 million remaining and Chandler will be paid $13.1 million this coming season. Turkoglu still had four years and about $40 million left on his deal and Calderon has three years and almost $30 million left to go.”

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM

The news out of Toronto and Charlotte is that the deal — which is part of the Turkoglu/Barbosa trade as well – is all but complete: “The Charlotte Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler to the Toronto Raptors in a three-way deal including the Phoenix Suns that would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player, a source from one of the three teams involved confirmed … The financial gains are significant. Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million left on his current contract; Diaw has two years and $18 million remaining and Chandler will be paid $13.1 million this coming season. Turkoglu still had four years and about $40 million left on his deal and Calderon has three years and almost $30 million left to go.”

god damn you are so fuckin stupid. All that sentence does is say it's a three way trade involving the Phoenix Suns. When they use the pronoun "that" it is being used to represent the trade, not to represent the Suns.

JMarkJohns
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Suns need to ship Clark in this and end up with Ed Davis. :)

Chubby_Love
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Those are big shitty contracts the Suns are taking in.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM
god damn you are so fuckin stupid. All that sentence does is say it's a three way trade involving the Phoenix Suns. When they use the pronoun "that" it is being used to represent the trade, not to represent the Suns.

its ducks what do you expect :lmao this is the same guy who thought there was bird rights in the MLB

Edward
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM

Danny.Zhu
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
:lmao they didn't wanna pay Amare the max but they'll take Turkoglu's contract wow this is terrible

I honestly think that's a smart choice.

Edward
07-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I honestly think that's a smart choice.

http://img.club.pchome.net/upload/club/other/2009/12/18/pics_zitengchen_1261140293.jpg

resistanze
07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
OK so Colangelo isn't purposely trying to sabotage the franchise, it's just that he makes idiotic decisions most of the time. And basically, his only good moves are the ones where he corrects his initial fuck-ups.

Getting rid of Hedo and Calderon at least makes the Raptors watchable next year, even though they're gonna get stomped by the whole league.

Jeremy
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
LOL. Look at this quote from the Toronto Sun:

Barbosa is a shooting guard with the size of a point guard, but is not capable of running a team effectively.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2010/07/12/14687706.html

badfish22
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I forgot how funny Childress looks

http://ambasketball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/josh-childress.jpg

good pickup :tu

TD 21
07-12-2010, 06:22 PM

Career shooting percentages (fg, 3pt, ft)...

Turkoglu: 42.7%, 38.3%, 78.9%

Barbosa: 46.8%, 39.8%, 82.8%

Veterinarian
07-12-2010, 06:23 PM
god damn you are so fuckin stupid.

You think ducks is stupid?

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Childress has improved his game while overseas, so he could be a nice addition. Hedo...not so much.

Bull shit. Childress did not improve one thing. He cannot score, cannot create his own shot, cannot shoot. He sucks. He was a huge scrub in Greek playoffs the last 2 years.