PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Nathan89
07-11-2010, 11:08 PM
If you were the one calling the shots for the spurs, what trade would you make and who you would use the lle on?

If I was calling the shots for the spurs I would use my lle on Raja Bell if he is healthy. I am not so set on Raja though it appears to me that hes been injured the last two seasons and he is only 6'5. But if he is healthy I would take him at 6'5 because he can shoot and play defense. The trade I would make would be a three team trade involving the Spurs, Rockets, and Cavs. The spurs would sign Richard Jefferson(around 7mil) and send him to the Cavs, the Cavs would send Andrew Varejao(7.28mil) to the Rockets and the Spurs would get Shane Battier(7.354mil).

Why would the Spurs do this: The Spurs do this so they can get a 6-8 defensive player who can also shoot the three. At last the Bowen replacement.

Why would the Cavs do this: Without L.James the Cavs are going to be in need of a sf that can score. In the right system this is something that rj can provide.

Why would the Rockets do this: For starters at the moment the Rockets have three quality small forwards in Ariza, Budinger, and Battier. So to lose the oldest sf in the last year of his contract is not such a big deal. They might not even try to resign him with the position being covered by two younger guys in the future. On top of that they would be gaining that defense they lost in Battier in 6-11 pf Varejao. Only they can play him more because there not stacked at this position.

I do not know what Richards contract is going to look like but the money should work if the numbers I have been reading on this site are even close. All the teams seem to gain from this trade in my opinion. I hope the front office of the spurs have thought about this trade and it is already in the works. If not I hope they read threads on the spurs forum. All hell, ericb can you just give this trade idea to your source? ;)

Agloco
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Battier here instead of RJ would make me take a private moment, or two, in the restroom. I'd start believing that we might actually have a chance. We'd still be a proven defensive big away from being true contenders though IMO.

Having said that, I have no idea if any of the salaries work in your proposed trade.

UnWantedTheory
07-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Are you calling for Raja and Shane?

ElNono
07-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Budinger was just playing in the summer league. I think the Rockets think he's a good project and player, but far from being able to take the job of Ariza/Battier.

Nathan89
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Are you calling for Raja and Shane?

Yes I am Raja with lle and Shane in the trade of the summer. I definitely want this trade to happen but I am open for ideas with the lle.

UnWantedTheory
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Could be cool, but as was said earlier, we need another proven defensive big.

Leetonidas
07-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Raja Bell is washed up. Battier's defense is severely overrated, especially nowadays. The only player that could fill the Bowen role for the Spurs just got a nice extension from OKC...and no I don't mean Durant.

Nathan89
07-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Raja Bell is washed up. Battier's defense is severely overrated, especially nowadays. The only player that could fill the Bowen role for the Spurs just got a nice extension from OKC...and no I don't mean Durant.

So, you would not make this trade. At 6ft8 he guards kobe very well and I bet he could do good a job on dirk as well. Those are two things on top shooting the three that jefferson cant do.

silverblk mystix
07-12-2010, 12:28 AM
So, you would not make this trade. At 6ft8 he guards kobe very well and I bet he could do good a job on dirk as well. Those are two things on top shooting the three that jefferson cant do.

battier gets DESTROYED regularly by the rapist---but someone started to say that he CONTESTS kobe's shots and everyone started repeating this until it turned into...

battier can DEFEND kobe well...

the ONLY thing that Battier does when he guards kobe is put a hand in kobe's face---which has ZERO effect on kobe's shot...in fact...the hand in the face might mysteriously and psychologically actually HELP kobe to be more EFFICIENT in his shot...

he never misses when battier is guarding him---especially in the late stages of a game...

Nathan89
07-12-2010, 07:25 AM
battier gets DESTROYED regularly by the rapist---but someone started to say that he CONTESTS kobe's shots and everyone started repeating this until it turned into...

battier can DEFEND kobe well...

the ONLY thing that Battier does when he guards kobe is put a hand in kobe's face---which has ZERO effect on kobe's shot...in fact...the hand in the face might mysteriously and psychologically actually HELP kobe to be more EFFICIENT in his shot...

he never misses when battier is guarding him---especially in the late stages of a game...

I do not know what anyone said, I know what I saw. What I seen out of battier is nice contested defense. I will take a hand in the face over know hand in the face or just simply getting blown right by to the rim by jefferson. I mention his ability to help guard kobe and dirk but he can also help on durant, odom, carmelo etc.. This is the guy we need to obtain to get a better team now.

coyotes_geek
07-12-2010, 07:35 AM
If you were the one calling the shots for the spurs, what trade would you make and who you would use the lle on?

If I was calling the shots for the spurs I would use my lle on Raja Bell if he is healthy. I am not so set on Raja though it appears to me that hes been injured the last two seasons and he is only 6'5. But if he is healthy I would take him at 6'5 because he can shoot and play defense. The trade I would make would be a three team trade involving the Spurs, Rockets, and Cavs. The spurs would sign Richard Jefferson(around 7mil) and send him to the Cavs, the Cavs would send Andrew Varejao(7.28mil) to the Rockets and the Spurs would get Shane Battier(7.354mil).

Why would the Spurs do this: The Spurs do this so they can get a 6-8 defensive player who can also shoot the three. At last the Bowen replacement.

Why would the Cavs do this: Without L.James the Cavs are going to be in need of a sf that can score. In the right system this is something that rj can provide.

Why would the Rockets do this: For starters at the moment the Rockets have three quality small forwards in Ariza, Budinger, and Battier. So to lose the oldest sf in the last year of his contract is not such a big deal. They might not even try to resign him with the position being covered by two younger guys in the future. On top of that they would be gaining that defense they lost in Battier in 6-11 pf Varejao. Only they can play him more because there not stacked at this position.

I do not know what Richards contract is going to look like but the money should work if the numbers I have been reading on this site are even close. All the teams seem to gain from this trade in my opinion. I hope the front office of the spurs have thought about this trade and it is already in the works. If not I hope they read threads on the spurs forum. All hell, ericb can you just give this trade idea to your source? ;)

You left out the part where you explain why RJ does this.

Nathan89
07-12-2010, 07:57 AM
You left out the part where you explain why RJ does this.

Correct, I suppose he does this so he can make 7.5 million per year. That away he does not feel like a complete idiot for throwing 15mil away. He also might like the idea of being in a system where he can score 20pts a night compared to being with the spurs and scoring 12pts a night.

Nathan89
07-12-2010, 07:59 PM
After the signing of splitter the spurs still have left over mle money and the lle. I guess they can possibly now go after two players. I hope that one of those players is going to be raja bell especially now that I read his injury was to his non-shooting wrist. It does not seem like a big deal to me. I know he is 34 years old but bruce played till he was 38. Maybe he can do the same since they both just play tough Defense and shoot threes on offense. Although they can go after two players they probably will only go after one atleast of any value. I am still hoping for trade similiar if not the exact one as I proposed. Unfortunately, I think our chances of getting shaq are getting very slim and we our probably stuck with the bigs we already have.

Juanobili
07-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I'd trade Bonner, RJ and Mason for Bosh, Wade and James

that's just me

Nathan89
07-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I'd trade Bonner, RJ and Mason for Bosh, Wade and James

that's just me

Lets try posting a realistic trade next time. Anyways I checked espn trade machine and the money does not work on your trade. Try again.

Juanobili
07-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Anyways I checked espn trade machine and the money does not work on your trade. Try again.

You're kidding me!!!?!!?!!!!!!!!

:depressed:depressed:depressed

Juanobili
07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
and bahahahaha @ checking

Nathan89
07-12-2010, 11:18 PM
You're kidding me!!!?!!?!!!!!!!!

:depressed:depressed:depressed

Dude of course I was joking. Now, what do would you do with the spurs regarding the extra mle money, lle, and realistic possible trades?

BackHome
07-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Sign Ronnie Brewer.........

Nathan89
07-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Sign Ronnie Brewer.........

Ronnie Brewer has nice size at 6ft7 227lbs but he has a terrible shooting percentage at threes and free throws. So unless he is an amazing defender he is not going to be an improvement over rj.

Spurs9
07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
I'd trade Jefferson and Mase for Igoudala

Nathan89
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
I'd trade Jefferson and Mase for Igoudala

If I were the spurs I would make that trade as well but the 76ers would never do that trade. Not only that the money wound not work out Igoudala gets paid 12.3mil, so mason+rj would have to be around there.

Nathan89
07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
I was wondering how we could get shaq to the spurs. One option would be for the spurs to use either lle or left over mle money. Would another option be for a team that wants Bonner to sign Shaq and trade him to us for him or would that not be allowed? Thats is the only big I would give up to get Shaq. If I needed to I would throw in bogans,mason, or hairston.

Drachen
07-13-2010, 09:54 AM
EVERY SINGLE TIME that I see the title of this thread, my head keeps playing the song from Team America
What would you do, If you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom?
What would you do, If asked to make the ultimate sacrifice?

Freedom costs a buck - o - five.