PDA

View Full Version : LOUD NOISES. Findog love lamp!

Findog
07-12-2010, 08:43 AM
According to Norm Hitzges on Dallas sports radio station the Ticket, Minnesota offered Ramon Sessions and Al Jefferson for Erick Dampier and JJ Barea. Dallas rejected the offer. Minnesota and Dallas continue to talk.

Norm also says the Mavs are holding out because they are targeting Chris Paul with the DUST chip.

Findog
07-12-2010, 08:44 AM
What's the point of trading for CP3 if they can't get him to agree on an extension?

Shank
07-12-2010, 08:49 AM
They don't like Jefferson's knees and his contract. We also know how sensitive Haywood can be. Think he'd like to receive a new deal to have a guy come in, play some of his minutes and make $4 million more a year? I know, I know...he should get over it. But it's a reality with his personality.

The Mavs would be taking on a lot of years and money with those deals. Essentially, you're saying this is how they play out the next 3 years of Dirk's career - by having Al Jefferson and Ramon Sessions as the big moves you'd be able to make in that timeframe.

I like Jefferson and Sessions as much as you. I'm just stating how the Mavs are looking at this. They're not that high on Jefferson UNLESS they can shed some of their own crap in return. In that trade, Mavs are getting talent and longer contracts, the Wolves are getting instant savings and the ability to be flexible in the short-term. Mavs want a combination of both, that's why you read about them trying to pawn off guys like Stevenson and Carroll. I think there's a middle ground to be found, but they're being careful with that Dampier Bullet in trying not to waste what could potentially be a franchise-changing move should Paul realistically be available.

ElNono
07-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I wonder what Dirk thinks...

I can see Carslile being mad at possibly losing his puerto rican wonder...

Muser
07-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Wow wtf :lmao

Findog
07-12-2010, 09:02 AM
They don't like Jefferson's knees and his contract. We also know how sensitive Haywood can be. Think he'd like to receive a new deal to have a guy come in, play some of his minutes and make $4 million more a year? I know, I know...he should get over it. But it's a reality with his personality.

The Mavs would be taking on a lot of years and money with those deals. Essentially, you're saying this is how they play out the next 3 years of Dirk's career - by having Al Jefferson and Ramon Sessions as the big moves you'd be able to make in that timeframe.

I like Jefferson and Sessions as much as you. I'm just stating how the Mavs are looking at this. They're not that high on Jefferson UNLESS they can shed some of their own crap in return. In that trade, Mavs are getting talent and longer contracts, the Wolves are getting instant savings and the ability to be flexible in the short-term. Mavs want a combination of both, that's why you read about them trying to pawn off guys like Stevenson and Carroll. I think there's a middle ground to be found, but they're being careful with that Dampier Bullet in trying not to waste what could potentially be a franchise-changing move should Paul realistically be available.

I don't think CP3 is available, and even if he was, he seems determined to test free agency in 2012.

boston.balla
07-12-2010, 09:02 AM
lmao mavs. lmao cuban.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Rejecting Kobe for Dirk
Rejecting Davis/Kaman for Kidd

and now this.

Muser
07-12-2010, 09:18 AM
If it's true that they are holding out for CP3 then I feel sorry for Mav fans.

Findog
07-12-2010, 09:21 AM
If it's true that they are holding out for CP3 then I feel sorry for Mav fans.

They're clueless enough to think they have a shot at him.

Findog
07-12-2010, 09:24 AM
They were concerned about Steve Nash's durability and injury history when they decided not to match the Phoenix offer in 2004.

And they are apparently concerned about Al Jefferson's injury history in deciding whether to take on the 3/42 he has left on his contract. That's fine, I have no problem with doing due diligence. Chris Paul had all the meniscus removed from his knee after the injury he suffered this year. There are risks with acquiring him too, and I don't want him for just a two-year rental.

Muser
07-12-2010, 09:32 AM
The Reward is greater than the risk though. Sessions is a better back-up for Kidd than JJ and obviously a healthy Jefferson is so much better than Dampier.

A bigman rotation of Dirk/Haywood/Jefferson would be able to compete with the Lakers bigs.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Mark Cuban is the idiot who said PG is the most important position on the team and that having 2-3 quality PG's is a requirement these days.

I guess he missed the part where a Fisher/Farmar/Brown PG lineup has won 2 straight rings.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm not sure if it was Hornetfan being delusional or actually having good information, but according to that Hornets fan Ghazi claims is an Indian CP3 had his meniscus repaired and not removed completely (even though Bill Simmons mentioned several times he had it removed). If he did get it removed though no team should touch him with a 10 foot pole.

It's a little weird that teams (not only Dallas) are so concerned with Al Jefferson's ACL surgery. ACL replacements might take 1-2 years to recover from completely, but it's a procedure with a high current day success rate. Al Jefferson's struggles last year had as much to do with him being lost in the triangle as it did his ACL. If not for that ACL injury Al Jefferson wouldn't even be on the trade block right now, he'd be the young big who looked untouchable during 2009.

stretch
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
A bigman rotation of Dirk/Haywood/Jefferson would be able to compete with the Lakers bigs.

+1

and a guard rotation of Kidd, Sessions, Beaubois, and Terry is pretty nice as well, with Butler and Marion in between.

Findog
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure if it was Hornetfan being delusional or actually having good information, but according to that Hornets fan Ghazi claims is an Indian CP3 had his meniscus repaired and not removed completely (even though Bill Simmons mentioned several times he had it removed). If he did get it removed though no team should tough him with a 10 foot pole.

It's a little weird that teams (not only Dallas) are so concerned with Al Jefferson's ACL surgery. ACL replacements might take 1-2 years to recover from completely, but it's a procedure with a high current day success rate. Al Jefferson's struggles last year had as much to do with him being lost in the triangle as it did his ACL. If not for that ACL injury Al Jefferson wouldn't even be on the trade block right now, he'd be the young big who looked untouchable during 2009.

It typically takes two years to make it back from an ACL injury - one year to rehab and get back on the court/field, and then another year to shake off the rust and get back to where you were. They would be buying so low on Jefferson.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 09:41 AM
+1

and a guard rotation of Kidd, Sessions, Beaubois, and Terry is pretty nice as well, with Butler and Marion in between.

And what I like about Sessions is that he's basically JJ Barea except about 6 inches taller and doesn't have T-Rex arms. He's shown he can be an explosive scorer that provides a spark (like Barea), he's shown that he can also sometimes to do too much and hurt the team (like Barea), but also proven he's not a completely unathletic midget (not like Barea).

We get the "good Barea" but are spared the majority of the aspects of the "bad Barea".

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Beaubois better be Tiny Archibald next season or I'm going to have a breakdown.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Yeah, Dallas should accept this offer.

Suddenly, the Lakers front court length advantage is minimized or even equalized.

MiamiHeat
oh and CP3 is determined to choose his own destination, he will team up with his buddies to create another title team. That's a fact.

monosylab1k

Suddenly, the Lakers front court length advantage is minimized or even equalized.

You'd do anything to wipe LA out of the picture. They're the only team with any shot at beating your abomination.

Shank
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
They'll be all over this deal if they can get Minnesota to budge and take back some of the garbage. I'd prefer Stevenson and his deal stay. Take on Carroll or Marion, maybe even JJB and this will go through.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 09:46 AM
They'll be all over this deal if they can get Minnesota to budge and take back some of the garbage. I'd prefer Stevenson and his deal stay. Take on Carroll or Marion, maybe even JJB and this will go through.

I thought he was already in the deal?

stretch
07-12-2010, 09:47 AM
oh and CP3 is determined to choose his own destination, he will team up with his buddies to create another title team. That's a fact.

I hear constant reports that him and Carmello want to go to New York to join with Amare. That would make things damn interesting...

CP3/Carmello/Amare vs. Wade/Lebron/Bosh

:wow

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 09:48 AM
It typically takes two years to make it back from an ACL injury - one year to rehab and get back on the court/field, and then another year to shake off the rust and get back to where you were. They would be buying so low on Jefferson.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. It's not like microfracture surgery where you rehab and recover for a year and then pray to god your career isn't ruined. If Jefferson returns to anything like the 2009 Jefferson Minnesota would not have though about trading, then Dallas pulls off a huge steal and has someone to build around once Dirk is gone.

And even last year, Jefferson had respectable numbers, 17 points, 9 rebounds on 50% shooting.

Findog
07-12-2010, 09:48 AM

Yeah, CP3 is not going to sign an extension with the Mavs right off the bat. They will have to take their chances that they can resign him in 2012. And the Lakers just won a title with Derek Fisher, so I'm pretty sure that a PG tandem of Kidd/Sessions could do so as well. Their more immediate concerns should be trying to match up with the Laker frontline. Dirk/Haywood/Jefferson gives them a fighting chance.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 09:53 AM
You'd do anything to wipe LA out of the picture. They're the only team with any shot at beating your abomination.

That makes no sense. If you beat the Lakers, that means you are better than them...how does that help my Heat in any way? Do you mean Matchups?? That's a stretch

you'd be even BETTER than the Lakers front court.

(has Dirk ever played SF in any lineups? how has he done?)

then you would just need a defensive minded SG who can shoot the 3 pter....and you can take out the lakers.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 09:54 AM
tbh has any team in NBA history ever had a raping of a deal like this set before their feet and said "no thanks"?

Shank
07-12-2010, 09:55 AM
I thought he was already in the deal?

I was thinking more in combination with JJB. He's not paid a lot and is a minor piece. They'll gladly continue to offer him up if Minny takes another piece of crap back.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm almost more excited about dumping JJ Barea than I am about getting Al Jefferson.

This is such a win that I should in the middle of an epic internet meltdown right now, if it weren't for the fact that it doesn't matter because of that bullshit in Miami.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 09:56 AM
I know we'd have to take him because of his contract, but I wouldn't even want Sessions. I understand he is a nice player, but we already have five point guard sized players (Kidd, Jones, Terry, Roddy, Barea) isn't getting rid of one of them to add a wing a lot smarter? Especially since Minnesota just drafted three wings with size and traded fro Martel Webster.

The only slimmer of hope in the Mavs strategy is that they know this and are try to get the much improved Corey Brewer or even Martell Webster for the Barea throw in.

Shank
07-12-2010, 09:57 AM
We're all looking at this from the Mavs fan perspective. Aside from just saying the Mavs front office is "stupid", why aren't they doing this deal right away? Is it the health? The money? Trying to gain even more of an upper hand in the dealings? There's something we're not seeing.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 09:58 AM
We're all looking at this from the Mavs fan perspective. Aside from just saying the Mavs front office is "stupid", why aren't they doing this deal right away? Is it the health? The money? Trying to gain even more of an upper hand in the dealings? There's something we're not seeing.

No, they're just idiots.

Shank
07-12-2010, 09:58 AM
I know we'd have to take him because of his contract, but I wouldn't even want Sessions. I understand he is a nice player, but we already have five point guard sized players (Kidd, Jones, Terry, Roddy, Barea) isn't getting rid of one of them to add a wing a lot smarter? Especially since Minnesota just drafted three wings with size and traded fro Martel Webster.

The only slimmer of hope in the Mavs strategy is that they know this and are try to get the much improved Corey Brewer or even Martell Webster for the Barea throw in.

I'd climb through the Internet and bone you myself if any lopsided deal included Brewer.

Findog
07-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Reports say the Mavs and Wolves are still talking, so that's the only thing we have going at this point.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 09:59 AM

No way the Wolves give up Brewer. If there was a way to get him, then that's about the only reason to keep negotiating like this.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 10:00 AM
tbh has any team in NBA history ever had a raping of a deal like this set before their feet and said "no thanks"?

Tbh this isn't as bad as Danny Ferry rejecting Zydrunas Ilgauskas, their 2011 1st rounder and JJ Hickson for Amare because JJ Hickson was the deal breaker. What makes that trade bad is Cleveland woulda gotten "I want me some max contract" Amare who went into beast mode from February - April and woulda played better in the playoffs as the 2nd option and as a power forward.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Reports say the Mavs and Wolves are still talking, so that's the only thing we have going at this point.

this trade will eventually deconstruct to the point where it ends up being Ryan Hollins for the rights to Shan Foster.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Tbh this isn't as bad as Danny Ferry rejecting Zydrunas Ilgauskas, their 2011 1st rounder and JJ Hickson for Amare because JJ Hickson was the deal breaker. What makes that trade bad is Cleveland woulda gotten "I want me some max contract" Amare who went into beast mode from February - April and woulda played better in the playoffs as the 2nd option and as a power forward.

oh damn I forgot that one. Yeah that's the worst ever.

Karl Malone Hickson :lol

clambake
07-12-2010, 10:05 AM
how do you guys manage to stay positive (or feign interest) after this charade?

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Bright side is, it's more Wolves than Mavs talking at this point. If we reach the point of desperation, Minnesota will blink first and panic. Dallas just has to keep in close contact with Minnesota to be sure they REALLY don't want that package before the Wolves offer it to someone else. It's a good relationship right now. I think the offer will still on the table for a while.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Well, seeing as how Mark Cuban offered PF Udonis Haslem a $6.6 million per year contract to come to a team that has Dirk on it......coming off the bench in limited minutes......

all cause he thinks he is playing chess by trying to cockblock the HEAT due to his butthurt....

I'd say Cuban is an idiot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 10:07 AM
In fairness to Cleveland, having both Hickson and Jamison instead of Amare was vital though, that way while Jamison was getting worked by KG Hickson could be sitting on the bench for moral support. If they traded for Amare so he and KG could cancel each other out (like they always do whenever they play each other), no one woulda been able to give Amare moral support.

Great fuckin moral support :cry

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:08 AM
how do you guys manage to stay positive (or feign interest) after this charade?

I'm interested because something like this really reveals how this office thinks and operates. It shows how they're viewed by other management groups and how the Mavs try to shake deals in their favor, over time. If they get Jefferson and parts while dumping some garbage, then the Mavs show they can bargain over time to eventually get what they want. If they end up not dealing Dampier because they're holding onto a pipedream and someone else gets the deal for a lesser price, then they've gotten some bad information and held onto their cards for entirely too long.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Well, seeing as how Mark Cuban offered PF Udonis Haslem a $6.6 million per year contract to come to a team that has Dirk on it......coming off the bench in limited minutes......

all cause he thinks he is playing chess by trying to cockblock the HEAT due to his butthurt....

I'd say Cuban is an idiot.

Because Haslem wasn't going to come off the bench behind Bosh?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 10:11 AM

He would have but it wouldn't have been for 6.6mil. MiamiHeat was saying it's stupid to give a backup PF 6.6mil a year when your starting PF plays close to 40 MPG.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:13 AM

That's deflecting the topic.

So it's ok to offer a PF $6.6 million per year to a team that has Dirk on it? Haslem is too small to play C unless you want to get raped on the boards. He can't play SF either.

So we are talking about ...what? Dirk at C and Haslem at PF? lol.

Basically, 6.6 mil per year for Haslem to sit on the bench and play 10 minutes.

lol.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:15 AM
He would have but it wouldn't have been for 6.6mil. MiamiHeat was saying it's stupid to give a backup PF 6.6mil a year when your starting PF plays close to 40 MPG.

yup

Cuban's haslem offer hurts his franchise. He's not making a move to improve his team, he's making a move to stop the HEAT from getting a player they want.

That's butthurt. That's not how you run a franchise :lol

The funniest thing about all of this is that Haslem is about to take a huge home team discount for us :)

hater
07-12-2010, 10:21 AM
they don't like jefferson's knees and his contract. we also know how sensitive haywood can be.

lol

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:37 AM
yup

Cuban's haslem offer hurts his franchise. He's not making a move to improve his team, he's making a move to stop the HEAT from getting a player they want.

That's butthurt. That's not how you run a franchise :lol

The funniest thing about all of this is that Haslem is about to take a huge home team discount for us :)

Mavs have been saying for a couple weeks now that they're interested in shoring up the backup PF/C position. With the Mahinmi signing, Haslem would be the other part of that puzzle. You're saying he can't back up Dirk? He's a better backup than Najera and will be able to spell Dirk for longer periods this season, allowing him more rest during the regular season. This move, though, will clog up any potential Jefferson deal. I think the Mavs fully expect Haslem to stay with the Heat, but it's not a deal to just fuck with the Heat. Other teams have interest, as well. He's a good player that deserves the minutes.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM
$6.6 mil for a backup PF that will play about 10 minutes or less per night unless Dirk is injured?

Money better spent elsewhere.

stretch
07-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Here is what will happen...

Mavs will trade Stevenson, Carroll, JJB, and picks for Jefferson

then Damp, Butler, and Terry for CP3

and will sign Raja Bell, Haslem, and Mahinimi

to roll with a lineup of...

PG - Paul, Kidd
SG - Bell, Beaubois
SF - Marion, Haslem
PF - Nowitzki, Jefferson
C - Haywood, Mahinimi

weeeeeeeeeeee staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:57 AM
$6.6 mil for a backup PF that will play about 10 minutes or less per night unless Dirk is injured?

Money better spent elsewhere.

Says who on the 10 minutes thing? I know you think there's everything to know about the league after the massive Heat collusion and might like to profess, but you can't say with any certainty what plans they have for Haslem.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:58 AM
One possible holdup: Jefferson and Sessions contracts, along with having to double them for the luxury tax, and missing out on the savings from cutting Damp, that comes to about an additional $45 million in financial commitment for next year. I can see the Mavs wanting the Wolves to take on a bad contract or two like Carroll or Marion since they are getting flexibility with turning lose of the commitments to Jefferson and Sessions.

CP3 is a special talent, and worth parting with anything on our roster besides Dirk. But if he's bound and determined to test free agency in 2012, I don't know that he's worth acquiring for a two-year rental. When was the last time a dominant PG led a team to a title? Isiah Thomas?

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Says who on the 10 minutes thing? I know you think there's everything to know about the league after the massive Heat collusion and might like to profess, but you can't say with any certainty what plans they have for Haslem.

Sign him to use him as an asset and trade him to another team in a package for something else?

That's the only other thing left I can think of.

In which case, Haslem wouldn't be too happy about that and would cause a ruckus that no team would trade for him. Getting paid 6.6mil to compete on the Mavs is at least better than getting paid 6.6mil to play for the Hornets or Timberwolves. He would turn into a malcontent, wishing he could go back to Miami.

Not a smart plan, not a smart plan at all.

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Funny thing is that you could have both Haslem and Jefferson. You waive Najera and you have a very deep and very solid frontcourt. Better than Dirk ever had.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
07-12-2010, 11:01 AM

well they can't play him at center, he's only 6-8

Shank
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM
One possible holdup: Jefferson and Sessions contracts, along with having to double them for the luxury tax, and missing out on the savings from cutting Damp, that comes to about an additional $45 million in financial commitment for next year. I can see the Mavs wanting the Wolves to take on a bad contract or two like Carroll or Marion since they are getting flexibility with turning lose of the commitments to Jefferson and Sessions.

CP3 is a special talent, and worth parting with anything on our roster besides Dirk. But if he's bound and determined to test free agency in 2012, I don't know that he's worth acquiring for a two-year rental. When was the last time a dominant PG led a team to a title? Isiah Thomas?

I wouldn't say dominant, but Parker was certainly a standout as of late.

Shank
07-12-2010, 11:06 AM
well they can't play him at center, he's only 6-8

I get that. The Mavs plan was to get guys to backup the 4 and 5. With Haslem and Mahimni, they've essentially done just that. But who's to say that they don't (finally) treat the regular season differently this year and give Dirk more rest, allowing more opportunity for Haslem? They likely scoured the FA landscape, nailing down Haslem as a guy that stood out among potential other FAs, someone that has vet experience and can hold down that role effectively. No, he likely won't be in the game if it's a close one under 2:00, but it's safe to say he wouldn't be out there for Miami either.

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I like the Haslem and Mahimhi acquisitions if we're getting CP3 or a great wing player, but not at the expense of acquiring Jefferson if we're not getting a major upgrade in the backcourt.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-12-2010, 11:12 AM
No one should like Haslem for 6.6mil. That's a contract Otis Smith would give out.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I get that. The Mavs plan was to get guys to backup the 4 and 5. With Haslem and Mahimni, they've essentially done just that. But who's to say that they don't (finally) treat the regular season differently this year and give Dirk more rest, allowing more opportunity for Haslem? They likely scoured the FA landscape, nailing down Haslem as a guy that stood out among potential other FAs, someone that has vet experience and can hold down that role effectively. No, he likely won't be in the game if it's a close one under 2:00, but it's safe to say he wouldn't be out there for Miami either.

That's fine.

The pricetag though. $6.6mil for that is hilarious.

Looks like butthurt more than anything else to me.

TDMVPDPOY
07-12-2010, 11:21 AM
wtf lol how can cuban reject such a trade, watta clown...basically giving up shit for talent in return

thedong
07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
LOL Findog,
The only loud noises you'll be hearing is that weird noise on your basement coming from your mama's room, she is moanin ''ohhh dddoooong, give it to me'''''

thedong
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
wtf lol how can cuban reject such a trade, watta clown...basically giving up shit for talent in return

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5gc3tXnI51qb6515.gif

Fpoonsie
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Here is what will happen...

Mavs will trade Stevenson, Carroll, JJB, and picks for Jefferson

then Damp, Butler, and Terry for CP3

and will sign Raja Bell, Haslem, and Mahinimi

to roll with a lineup of...

PG - Paul, Kidd
SG - Bell, Beaubois
SF - Marion, Haslem
PF - Nowitzki, Jefferson
C - Haywood, Mahinimi

weeeeeeeeeeee staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

In a twist of cruel irony, something like this is bound to happen. You'll get rid of Terry (the only guy holding me back from actually being able to get on board w/ you guys when the Spurs inevitably flame out in the playoffs this year) only to bring in Paul and Raja. fucking. Bell.

:bang

thedong
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5ged3dhAG1qcr2hso1_400.gif

thedong
07-12-2010, 11:50 AM
According to Norm Hitzges on Dallas sports radio station the Ticket, Minnesota offered Ramon Sessions and Al Jefferson for Erick Dampier and JJ Barea. Dallas rejected the offer. Minnesota and Dallas continue to talk.

Norm also says the Mavs are holding out because they are targeting Chris Paul with the DUST chip.

Norm also said that your mama is holding out on the dookieshoot because she is targeting the DPCP3 with my Dust chips.

stretch
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Norm also said that your mama is holding out on the dookieshoot because she is targeting the DPCP3 with my Dust chips.

:lol

this guy has a strange obsession/dislike for findog

BUMP
07-12-2010, 11:53 AM

this guy has a strange obsession/dislike for findog

No shit :lol

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:55 AM
No shit :lol

lol Jasper

Muser
07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
lol Ke$ha thread being deleted.

thedong
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
LOL Spursfans

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158670

clambake
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
so.....i guess they piss away another opportunity, waiting to land another pipe dream.

thedong
07-12-2010, 12:03 PM
so.....i guess they piss away another opportunity, waiting to land another pipe dream.

Dude, just go watch the Wolves accept a Carroll and Marion deal.
Kahn is dumber than Muser's ''alleged'' girlfriend.
The Cavs doesnt need Al Jefferson, they already have JJ ''no deal'' Hickson.

thedong
07-12-2010, 12:07 PM
LOL me skeeting on findog

http://i31.tinypic.com/43sc2.jpg

BUMP
07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
LOL Spursfans

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158670

lol getting owned in that thread

lol myspace image

lol private profile

lol not even friends with your own "girlfriend"

Booharv
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm so glad your Front Office is turning down this deal. Who needs the Mavs adding a 22-25/10 guy for nothing?

thedong
07-12-2010, 12:12 PM
lol getting owned in that thread

lol myspace image

lol private profile

lol not even friends with your own "girlfriend"

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5gc6ePmJP1qc074s.gif

BUMP
07-12-2010, 12:13 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xwE0rBDpg1Y/SPVSQt4hdFI/AAAAAAAACAQ/5cJga9QUWo0/s400/funny-animal-photos-monkey-riding-dog.jpg

thedong
07-12-2010, 12:18 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xwE0rBDpg1Y/SPVSQt4hdFI/AAAAAAAACAQ/5cJga9QUWo0/s400/funny-animal-photos-monkey-riding-dog.jpg

LOL at a picture of Lakaluva f-cking a dog.

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Jefferson and Sessions both suck horribly. First good decision Cuban has made in awhile tbh.

Findog
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
From db.com

As I read it, both teams see Jefferson as a player who is EXTREMELY overpaid. If Minny felt he was worthy of 42M, they'd be keeping him and building around him, when instead, they are doing everything they can to get someone to take him off their hands. Dallas sees his flaws but would be open to adding him as a potential backup - but they can't justify 42M for Jefferson since they see him as backup caliber. And the Mavs are apparently the ONLY team with any interest in him. So they negotiate.

Ultimately the issue becomes, if Dallas will take him off their hands, how much salary will go back the other way. Minn would love for it to be 0. That's not gonna happen because the Mavs can't justify 42M for Jefferson/ a backup at all (it's not even close to acceptable). I suspect the net added amount of salary being taken by the Mavs will have to be whittled down to about 20-25M-ish before the Mavs would say yes, and then there will be a wrestling match over which 15-20M in salary would be going the other direction. In that sort of deal, you'd have to see Marion, Butler, Carroll, or Terry included, and I can even see the Mavs trying to angle for two of them since some of those players turn it into a talent return as well as just salary.

So right now it's a negotiation. Maybe a deal happens, maybe not - but the player the Mavs are looking at is a far cry from the romanticized version of how he's been portrayed on various Mavs discussion forums and sports radio. He's not worth 42M or anywhere close to it, and that's the problem..

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Jefferson and Sessions both suck horribly. First good decision Cuban has made in awhile tbh.

now you KNOW Cuban fucked up

laker fan hoping the trade doesn't get done :lol

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Ha ha.

Instead of Bynum shooting 70% against the Mavs he'll just make 85% of shots with Jefferson patrolling the paint.

I don't see how a fat, lazy drunk coming off ACL reconstruction helps your team. Dude plays way worse D than Dirk which is saying something.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
From db.com
They are massively underrating Jefferson imo. From what I've read his defense has improved. The only thing I can think of the injuries are worse than reported or that teams think his stats are inflated because he's only played on losing teams. He was averaging 23 and 11 and Minnesota was playing a streak of .500 ball before he injured his knee two years ago.

4>0rings
07-12-2010, 12:58 PM
I didn't think anything worse than San Antonio signing Bonner to a 4 year deal was possible... but damn if God sure doesn't try.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Ha ha.

I don't see how a fat, lazy drunk coming off ACL reconstruction helps your team. Dude plays way worse D than Dirk which is saying something.

We're talking abut Bynum, right?

Well changing the subject to Jefferson, if Al can get in shape given his talents and improved D the last few years, I don't see how he would give us less than 15/10. He's certainly not going to be some scrub pos who averages 5/5 in the playoffs when we need him the most. I can guarantee you that.

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 01:37 PM
i like this trade alot better after the haywood signing, at least we HAVE legit shot blocking presence on the roster. and sessions has shown signs of greatness in short stints. throw in corey brewer and i'd say do it :tu

is there any way we could possibly hope to get cp3 AND jefferson? to me that's the only way we could contend, and even then we would be a darkhorse behind Miami and LA

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 01:41 PM
oh and thedong > findog

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
lol jasper

badfish22
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Every time I open Spurstalk I have to read about another retarded thing these fucks did.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Every time I open Spurstalk I have to read about another retarded thing these fucks did.

holla

Greg Oden
07-12-2010, 02:49 PM
:cry Bynum will go down as one of the best centers of all time :cry

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
badfish are you a college professor you little wanker? (legit question)

Findog
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/18377997417

Haslem to remain with Miami.

badfish22
07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
badfish are you a college professor you little wanker? (legit question)
no

http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/18377997417

Haslem to remain with Miami.

Cool. Now go get Jefferson you fucks.

Shank
07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Now that he's staying with the Heat, let's all go back to laughing at the Mavs for overvaluing such a player.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe the Mavs could pull off Rubio somehow...:lol

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Now that he's staying with the Heat, let's all go back to laughing at the Mavs for overvaluing such a player.

Son what's the hang up with Big Al....are they asking for Roddy???? Update please

:elephant

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 05:21 PM
oh and thedong > findog

brah if you think thedong is the second coming of Rogue you're horribly mistaken. thedong is just garbage unfunny trolling.

Dro210
07-12-2010, 05:31 PM
lol Mavs

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 05:40 PM
brah if you think thedong is the second coming of Rogue you're horribly mistaken. thedong is just garbage unfunny trolling.

rogue > monosylab1k

thedong > findog

yall can't control the way the ball bounce, yall crazy man

redzero
07-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Hai guise wats going on in this thread?