PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson: Cavs owner sees James as 'runaway slave'

CavsSuperFan
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Jesse Jackson says the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the NBA forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger...

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/07/jesse-jackson-cavs-owner-sees-james-as-runaway-slave.html

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I agree.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are fucking racist, and they see LeBron as a slave.

They thought he had to be chained down to Cleveland forever

Team Owner Dan Gilbert acted as if LeBron was their PROPERTY.

They wanted LeBron to silently toil in their basketball field and never have his own decisions on his life.

The man was a Free Agent.

hater
07-12-2010, 10:54 AM
a slave making millions, shit, where do I sign up?

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Stern should fine Dan Gilbert for that hateful, venomous, SLANDERING tirade.

A player has a right to exercise his Free Agency. Should not be subjected to such slander and treatment by a team's management.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM

A player has a right to exercise his Free Agency. Should not be subjected to such slander and treatment by a team's management.

And his previous employer has every right to maintain a line of communication through the dealings, something that was denied by LeBron.

What is this shit with the Heat Fag Nation? Are you guys all assuming that EVERYTHING in the world is now one-sided in your favor?

purist
07-12-2010, 11:02 AM

Anyone capable and wiling of exposing their life thorugh a one-hour TV special puts themself in a situation to be criticized.... surely LeBron knew what he was getting himself into. And, as a public figure who escalated his stature as such through the TV special, proving slander or libel becomes very difficult.

To the other point, LeBron indeed was within his rights to exercise his free agency, but the right to change teams does not absolve him from any criticism. Every choice carries with it risks. He made a choice knowing the risks that he would alienate certain fans, especially those in his home state.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Anyone capable and wiling of exposing their life thorugh a one-hour TV special puts themself in a situation to be criticized.... surely LeBron knew what he was getting himself into. And, as a public figure who escalated his stature as such through the TV special, proving slander or libel becomes very difficult.

To the other point, LeBron indeed was within his rights to exercise his free agency, but the right to change teams does not absolve him from any criticism. Every choice carries with it risks. He made a choice knowing the risks that he would alienate certain fans, especially those in his home state.

People that are not officially in the NBA are allowed to say whatever they want.

But Dan Gilbert is an NBA owner and LeBron's previous employer. Criticism is one thing. What Gilbert did was call him a coward among other things.

There is a serious and legitimate claim here for LeBron to sue Dan Gilbert for libel. He intentionally tried to recruit all Cleveland fans to hate LeBron and call him names to "rally around the Cavalier flag". Basically, to save his business, which had just lost 2/3 of it's monetary value.

This has had a negative impact on LeBron James. He has a legit case here to sue Dan for libel. I am 100% sure James will just move on. James never badmouths anyone.

Stern should fine Gilbert.

buttsR4rebounding
07-12-2010, 11:10 AM
What BS...this has nothing to do with race. Can you honestly say that if LeBron was white there would have been a different reaction. Jesse Jackson has made a career of racism and this is just another opportunity to get his name in the news. This is opportunism by Jackson.

Halberto
07-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I agree.

They wanted LeBron to silently toil in their basketball field and never have his own decisions on his life.

Your quality posting streak ends here. From now on you lose all credibility after this blatant dick sucking of Lebron.

Anyway, if you try hard enough you can make the smallest thing racist. If you're trying to look that hard, then it is 95% bullshit. It's like being an insanely jealous boyfriend/girlfriend...

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Your quality posting streak ends here. From now on you lose all credibility after this blatant dick sucking of Lebron.

Anyway, if you try hard enough you can make the smallest thing racist. If you're trying to look that hard, then it is 95% bullshit. It's like being an insanely jealous boyfriend/girlfriend...

Hey, if everyone else can be ridiculous with their hate and vilification of LeBron, so can I.

DAN GILBERT IS A RACIST WITH SLAVE OWNER MENTALITY!!!!!

ANYONE WHO CRITICIZES LEBRON FOR CHOOSING HIS OWN PATH SEES LEBRON AS A RUNAWAY SLAVE!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, this is fun. Thanks Jesse Jackson!

ffadicted
07-12-2010, 11:18 AM
It's official, MiamiHeat is already the most annoying poster in this board, that didn't take long lol

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
It's official, MiamiHeat is already the most annoying poster in this board, that didn't take long lol

Awww

You are so upset at the LeBron-Wade-Bosh trio that it's eating your little angry heart out.

So you are projecting your hatred out on me now, how cute. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Awww

You are so upset at the LeBron-Wade-Bosh trio that it's eating your little angry heart out.

:rollin

Mister Sinister
07-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Awww

Actually, if I had to guess, and I do, given that I am in an Excedrin/lack of sleep-induced stupor, I'd say he's upset at your obnoxious posting habits, and thus projecting it on you.

da_suns_fan
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
And he wonders why he didnt get elected president.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Actually, if I had to guess, and I do, given that I am in an Excedrin/lack of sleep-induced stupor, I'd say he's upset at your obnoxious posting habits, and thus projecting it on you.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/263/paultheocto.jpg

Magdalena M
07-12-2010, 11:44 AM
This whole thing has gotten completely out of hand. A very good athlete was a free agent and decided to change teams because he thought it would give him a better chance to win championships. If you take a step back, it's not altogether too surprising. Comments like LeBron "raped" Cleveland, or Gilbert's childish tirade, or Jackson's adding fuel to an already stupid and macho fire are just embarrassing. People need to get some perspective. It's basketball, which is a great sport. It's not finding a cure for cancer, ending famine, or young people dying in war. It's basketball.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
There's certainly no need to fine Gilbert. Cleveland is going to have a hard enough time ever luring a big name FA to their team just because of market size, etc. Now those troubles are compounded by the owner publicly outing himself as a petty, vindictive asshole. Guys are gonna be flocking to be a part of that, let me tell ya. He'll pay the price for his statements one way or another.

As for Jackson, that's just plain stupid and way more offensive than anything Gilbert had to say. Just goes to show there's always room for one more idiot in the mix.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
a slave making millions, shit, where do I sign up?

basically .......

WE sick today suh?

WE lookin' good suh .......

Need me to dance a jig massa?

resistanze
07-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Jesse Jackson just trolling niggas he's supposed to troll.

ffadicted
07-12-2010, 12:27 PM

lol good call bro. It's hilarious because even though MH has been a Heat fan for a long time, the way he completely changed his attitude to being cocky as shit and acting like a 3 year old, compared to what I saw before, pretty much makes him a bandwagon faggot in the likes of post-Gasol SoCal laker fans

picc84
07-12-2010, 12:32 PM
This has been a great summer. A great summer indeed. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
lol miami spur fan

elbamba
07-12-2010, 12:49 PM
People that are not officially in the NBA are allowed to say whatever they want.

But Dan Gilbert is an NBA owner and LeBron's previous employer. Criticism is one thing. What Gilbert did was call him a coward among other things.

There is a serious and legitimate claim here for LeBron to sue Dan Gilbert for libel. He intentionally tried to recruit all Cleveland fans to hate LeBron and call him names to "rally around the Cavalier flag". Basically, to save his business, which had just lost 2/3 of it's monetary value.

This has had a negative impact on LeBron James. He has a legit case here to sue Dan for libel. I am 100% sure James will just move on. James never badmouths anyone.

Stern should fine Gilbert.

Could you tell me what economical damages James suffered as a result of Gilbert's comments?

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I feel bad for Jackson and Sharpton, they are so irrelevant now that we have a black president.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
lol good call bro. It's hilarious because even though MH has been a Heat fan for a long time, the way he completely changed his attitude to being cocky as shit and acting like a 3 year old, compared to what I saw before, pretty much makes him a bandwagon faggot in the likes of post-Gasol SoCal laker fans

oooh the butthurt is strong with this one :lmao

I haven't changed my posting style at all. Have you not noticed the legion of laker fans that hate me? :lol

You only hate me now because U MAD about lebron-bosh-wade :lmao

elbamba
07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
There's certainly no need to fine Gilbert. Cleveland is going to have a hard enough time ever luring a big name FA to their team just because of market size, etc. Now those troubles are compounded by the owner publicly outing himself as a petty, vindictive asshole. Guys are gonna be flocking to be a part of that, let me tell ya. He'll pay the price for his statements one way or another.

Players nor fans will ever really respect Gilbert because he decided to call out James after he left. If he had called out James right after the playoffs, I think he would have had the respect of everyone.

This guy fired the best coach in their teams history and allowed the GM that placed them on the map to walk in order to keep James. Maybe he should show some loyalty next time.

DesignatedT
07-12-2010, 12:55 PM
This guy is a fucking moron. :lmao at jesse jackson. what a joke.

CRAYOLA BANDIT!!
07-12-2010, 01:03 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3975/heatq.png

IronMexican
07-12-2010, 01:07 PM

:rollin

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
:lol

that was weak

ffadicted
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
lol that was not me, but funny

Rooster Fish
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Jesse Jackson is the worst thing to happen to black people since slavery. *

*Al Sharpton being an honorable mention.

Chubby_Love
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Sucks to be a Millionaire Slave!

Booharv
07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I feel bad for Jackson and Sharpton, they are so irrelevant now that we have a black president.

This. It's almost like they have to yell louder/dumber now to get attention.

Whisky Dog
07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Rofl Jesse Jackson. This fool actually wanted to be president.

Gilbert wasn't seeing Lebron as a slave, he saw him as a traitor. Gilbert gave in to everything James wanted for 7 years and felt betrayed by him. Also, he he knew his fan base was shrinking considerably with the band wagoning douches out there and he made a poor attempt to keep some fan loyalty. What's not to understand?

Mike-in-brazil
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Jesse Jackson is the worst thing to happen to black people since slavery. *

*Al Sharpton being an honorable mention.
:nope

No cocaine and republican presidents..

OC Lakerfan
07-12-2010, 02:59 PM
15 million dollar per year slave, uhm ok.

angelbelow
07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Lol both Jackson and Gilbert were out of line and both are overreactions.

picc84
07-12-2010, 03:22 PM
If Lebron is a runaway slave, I guess that makes Wade Harriet Tubman. :lol

hitmanyr2k
07-12-2010, 03:39 PM

That brought back memories. The Eddie Murphy era back when SNL was actually good.

bNz5XnvZHhk

Spurminator
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
dp

Spurminator
07-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Fucking Jesse. Where are the great assassins these days.

Smart call, nothing would make him irrelevant faster than assassination...

(Note to Big Brother, this is sarcasm)

SomeCallMeTim
07-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I agree.

Normally, I wouldn't agree such reasoning, but your use of bold and BOLDED ALL CAPS is very persuasive. Well played.

SomeCallMeTim
07-12-2010, 06:56 PM

Gilbert wasn't seeing Lebron as a slave, he saw him as a traitor. Gilbert gave in to everything James wanted for 7 years and felt betrayed by him. Also, he he knew his fan base was shrinking considerably with the band wagoning douches out there and he made a poor attempt to keep some fan loyalty. What's not to understand?

I think the silver lining out of all of this is that it took several days and ol' reliable Jesse Jackson to bring up race.

For several days debating the LeBracle was all the rage and not once did I see race mentioned or even implied by either "side." And it seems almost no one is taking the bait on Jesse's race card. I find this encouraging.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-12-2010, 06:57 PM

:lol:lol:lol

Jace
07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
This is why Jesse Jackson is a joke, how can anyone take him seriously when he compares a man getting paid 20 million/year to a runaway slave?

ElNono
07-12-2010, 09:02 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

cobbler
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Nothing new here... Just Jesse showing the nation once again that he is a complete buffoon and HarlemHo/Miami agreeing with him. Go figure...

Lp26
07-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Jesse Jackson is an idiot.

Duncan2177
07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Jesse Jackson is a idiot.