PDA

View Full Version : new jefferson to mavs report...

stretch
07-12-2010, 01:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4670061/jefferson-as-mavs-sixth-man?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Trade talks with Minnesota have progressed to the point where it's time to start speculating about how Al Jefferson would fit with the Mavs."

do you feel that this is basically saying the deal is about done? getting more serious? or simply still just speculation?

to me this sounds like talks are very serious, perhaps nearing completion of a deal...

Edward
07-12-2010, 01:45 PM
lol mavs

stretch
07-12-2010, 01:45 PM
lol mavs

where has phillip been? that faggot.

Edward
07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
lol Phillip
lol banned for pissing off the UTSA queers

lefty
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Shit AJ is good

ducks
07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
when he is on the court

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
He'd be by far the best low-post scorer the Mavs have had during the Dirk era. best low post scorer in mavs history tbh

and I think the deal is on the table, maybe mark finally pulled his head out of his ass and is going to trade Dampier.

He has to come off the bench though. Haywood is going to be a bitch if he gets benched just like last year and when he agreed to sign the new deal, the mavs promised him a starting job. Im fine with AJ coming off the bench as long as he is playing 32+ minutes in a Terry-esque role.

sigh I remember when JET was one of those people you loved on your team but hated if he played against you similiar to Bowen

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
son that's just a blog by god knows who.....time will tell but I doubt this makes a deal more likely or less likely. Everyone knows the Mavs are talking with Minn....questions is will they just trade Damps contract and get this shit done with

:elephant

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Bring him and since I don't think he can play many minutes at the four in today's NBA ship Haywood's ass out rather than deal with Haywood's inevitable vaginaness.

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Bring him and since I don't think he can play many minutes at the four in today's NBA ship Haywood's ass out rather than deal with Haywood's inevitable vaginaness.

lol having absolutely no shot blocking presence. teams would set up camp in the paint and run train all 82 games. good luck with that

Shank
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
lol having absolutely no shot blocking presence. teams would set up camp in the paint and run train all 82 games. good luck with that

Right. Because they've never had happen before.

Deal is likely at this point, from what I've heard. Hammering out some points and pieces.

sefant77
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I dont get the Haslem thing.

Either it was a bluff to force Minny into a better deal for the Mavs or Cuban want to create a monster FC

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM

Deal is likely at this point, from what I've heard. Hammering out some points and pieces.

great, and id rather play jefferson dirk and haywood all 3 rather than get beasted at the rim

haywood/damp >>>> jefferson/dirk at protecting the rim, so it's great that haywood is resigned and dirk and jefferson just have to rebound and score the ball :tu

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 02:07 PM

From what you've heard???? Who the f are you dummy....like you have sources...you are just sitting in front of your laptop like us...what a clown lol

sribb43
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM

Idiot

stretch
07-12-2010, 02:13 PM
From what you've heard???? Who the f are you dummy....like you have sources...you are just sitting in front of your laptop like us...what a clown lol

shank definitely has some good sources, you moron

Amuseddaysleeper
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Jefferson and haywood would make for a nice combo on the frontline

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 02:20 PM
shank definitely has some good sources, you moron

shank lol at you son. Well I do hope the deal is immanent but fairly certain he has no inside info. God bless him though son for making me lol

Shank
07-12-2010, 02:50 PM
shank lol at you son. Well I do hope the deal is immanent but fairly certain he has no inside info. God bless him though son for making me lol

Fairly certain?

That's cool.

Thanks for the time, son. God bless.

Findog
07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I dont get the Haslem thing.

Either it was a bluff to force Minny into a better deal for the Mavs or Cuban want to create a monster FC

The Heat beat writer just said on his twitter that Haslem is staying in Miami.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Good, there was no room/need for him here especially if Jefferson comes

Muser
07-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Look like the FO isn't so dumb. The Damp/JJ for AJ/Sessions was a steal for Dallas so I wouldn't be surprised if they chose to accept it after all.

Shank
I'd give details about the latest back-and-forth, but apparently it will be quickly discredited. Fin, mono - PM if you want it.

badfish22
Right when we're about to do the deal, the Hornets will probably call us up and be like "I don't know we might be trading Chris Paul!!!" and the Mavs will jizz their pants and back out of it. Then the Hornets will go back to not talking to us.

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd give details about the latest back-and-forth, but apparently it will be quickly discredited. Fin, mono - PM if you want it.

Son I'm only kidding...what's the latest....I apologize.

Now that Haslem said no...hopefully we get Big Al today

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 03:02 PM
At least the FO doesn't feed us the "We love our team" bullshit anymore

angelbelow
07-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Both Dirk and AJ will benefit from each others games.

HeatChamps
07-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Both Dirk and AJ will benefit from each others games.

They will benefit by being the worst defensive frontline in nba history. :lmao

crc21209
07-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Hes pretty damn good when healthy but he hasnt been the same since his injury...

mikeschy55
07-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Only way for Al to make an impact on this team is for him to play 6th man..... backing up both Haywood and Dirk, give him about 30 mpg. I'd like it if we got sessions in the deal too...

Overall... adding Al Jefferson and Roddy Beaubois to the roster (which we basically are since he didn't freaking play last year :bang) would be a nice upgrade. Still, whether or not we're a contender next year really comes down to whether or not Roddy lives up to the hype IMO.

Shank
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Hes pretty damn good when healthy but he hasnt been the same since his injury...

Aside from the drunken mess, I'm not sure I agree with that.

Findog
07-12-2010, 03:54 PM
I love AJ's game. This reminds me of when the Sixers added Moses to their team in 83. They had all the pieces, but no one that they could dump the ball to on the post and draw a double team. Al is a very good rebounder, the best foot work for a big in the game, very nice mid-range, but needs to focus more on D. AJ, Dirk, and Haywood would be the best big combo in the league.

The Mavs have NEVER had a low-post presence like this in their history unless you count Roy Tarpley. And there are plenty of minutes (96 of them) to go around between all three. Nobody should have to bitch about playing time.

I'd rather have CP3, but the Hornets have reportedly not made him available, and the Mavs will have a difficult time securing an extension since he wants to test free agency.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 03:54 PM
I love AJ's game. This reminds me of when the Sixers added Moses to their team in 83. They had all the pieces, but no one that they could dump the ball to on the post and draw a double team. Al is a very good rebounder, the best foot work for a big in the game, very nice mid-range, but needs to focus more on D. AJ, Dirk, and Haywood would be the best big combo in the league.

Lakaluva, is that you? :wow

Edward
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
The Mavs have NEVER had a low-post presence like this in their history unless you count Roy Tarpley. And there are plenty of minutes (96 of them) to go around between all three. Nobody should have to bitch about playing time.

You guys got Ian "David Robinson" Mahinmi though and he commands 40 MPG, so minutes might be a problem for that front court.

mikeschy55
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM

Not sure about that. Gasol, Bynum, Odom still looks pretty damn good. Depends on how good you think Bynum is I guess.

badfish22
07-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Luva, with the goods

TheRealCB
07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Well, that's because you underestimate Big Al. Adding him to the mix puts the Mavs on the Lakers level... no trolling here.

Who hacked luva's account?

Findog
07-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I'd take Al over CP3 on this particular team. PG's are a dime a dozen. Great Big's make average PG's look golden... just look at Jameer, and Rajon. The Lakers designed the blue print. Three 7fters will get the job done, especially if they are versatile like LO and Pau, or Al, and Dirk. Haywood plays the Bynum role, whatever he gives you is gravy. Your Tony Parker is sitting on the bench already, you guys just don't realize it.

Exactly, when was the last time a PG led a team to a title? Isiah Thomas is my guess. Tony Parker has never been the best player on his team or close to it, so 2007 is an incorrect answer.

CP3 is a very special talent, and he can be the best player on a title team, but no team is coming out of the West unless they can deal with the Laker frontline. This (proposed) trade gives us a fighting chance.

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Shank what's the latest???? ANY NEWS?????

nkdlunch
07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Tiago Splitter > Al Jefferson

Cuban loses again

Edward
07-12-2010, 04:19 PM
he can be the best player on a title team

He can? I agreed with all of your post except for this. It's pretty clear PG's can't lead teams to championships in today's NBA.

nkdlunch
07-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Tiago Splitter > Pau Gasoft

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 04:28 PM
lol having absolutely no shot blocking presence. teams would set up camp in the paint and run train all 82 games. good luck with thatName the two centers lineups in NBA history that worked? I will Hakeem-Sampson and Duncan Robinson. Those are some athletes and a guy who was a power forward really early in his career (Duncan). The Knicks tried a young 20ppg Bill Cartwright and Ewing together and it was too slow in 1986-87.

Idiot

:lmao two center lineup in today's league.

Jefferson and haywood would make for a nice combo on the frontline

If Jefferson wasn't a true center coming off knee surgery.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Anyone who thinks Jefferson can play significant minutes at the four is either counting on a hardcore weight loss regimen from Al or hasn't seen him play since his Boston days. He's a legit 5 now and a teaming of him and Haywood would not work in today's game imo.

nkdlunch
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM
http://prosportsblogging.com/psb/uploads/2010/07/TiagoSplitter1.jpg

>

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/12/17/pau_gasol.jpg

Shank
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM
What smells worse? Pau's armpits or his beard?

dirk4mvp
07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
nkdlunch's periodical appearance in the nba forum to say the most retarded things he can think of :tu

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 04:40 PM
It's not that you need both centers on the floor as a tandem. It's having the luxury of being able to interchange them and not lose anything in the process. If you start Dirk and Al, and let's say Dirk picks up two quick fouls, you bring in Haywood, move Al to the PF, and you don't lose much, and depending on the team and match-ups, you just may gain. Your bigs can be more aggressive and not have to worry about foul trouble when they know they have support.
In limited doses against certain teams it will work fine. Teams like the Lakers for instance. I'm just saying against uptempo teams, teams with stretch fours, and perimeter teams, it wouldn't work. If Cuban is running this team right Haywood will mostly play when Al sits. And then Haywood will look for dreads to detach. Also a lineup of Al and Haywood will get blitzed by teams that run. I don't see Haywood playing more than 15-20 mpg if this happens.

Everybody who thinks Al can play a ton of minutes at power forward hasn't been watching the same league or player as me or maybe knows more than me (doubt it).

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
This is an awesome move regardless. I just think Haywood's playing time to plummet or else we'll field a ton of slow lineups.

Shank
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
How many "true centers" are there in the NBA these days, anyway? Not many. Love me some Jefferson.

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Update my friend Shank?

Booharv
07-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Two to three years ago Jefferson would have a hard time playing power forward in his current state. But lately with the Celtics and Lakers dominance it seems teams are going back to bigger lineups. Granted KG and Gasol were/are mobile enough to make this work even against stretch teams but a lot of teams are going bigger. Against teams like Orlando with Lewis, OKC with Green, Cleveland with Jamison, Jefferson might get torched for transition layups and three pointers but there are a ton of teams he could play the 4 against. Besides if I were to bench anyone it would be Haywood over Jefferson.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Two to three years ago Jefferson would have a hard time playing power forward in his current state. But lately with the Celtics and Lakers dominance it seems teams are going back to bigger lineups. Granted KG and Gasol were/are mobile enough to make this work even against stretch teams but a lot of teams are going bigger. Against teams like Orlando with Lewis, OKC with Green, Cleveland with Jamison, Jefferson might get torched for transition layups and three pointers but there are a ton of teams he could play the 4 against. Besides if I were to bench anyone it would be Haywood over Jefferson.
Yeah, I also think the Spurs are going to have similar problems trying to keep two centers on the court in today's league with Splitter and Duncan the difference is the Mavs could punish teams who put stretch/perimeter fours on Jefferson by going down low to Al.

Edward
07-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Name the two centers lineups in NBA history that worked?

Bynum-Gasol

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Bynum-Gasol
Gasol's really a power forward and is very mobile for his size. Plus the Lakers have Odom to come off the bench and guard the stretch four types. Do you think Al can guard Rashard, Jamison, and Jeff Green in transition?

Edward
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Gasol's really a power forward and is very mobile for his size. Plus the Lakers have Odom to come off the bench and guard the stretch four types. Do you think Al can guard Rashard, Jamison, and Jeff Green in transition?

No, I don't, but stretch 4s who are best in transition are rarely difference makers in the playoffs. 9 out of 10 times in the playoffs, the stretch 4 gets wrecked by the traditional 4 or the 4/5. Teams don't win championships with a center and four perimeter players as their starting unit.

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM

Do you think they will be able to guard him in the post?

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Al is awesome but he'll playing the vast majority of the center minutes if he comes in. Maybe some power forward against certain teams. That's my prediction. and Haywood's minutes will drop and he'll be bitch about it. Still a definite upgrade.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Do you think they will be able to guard him in the post?
Of course not, but like in 07 teams always seem to match up small for some reason. In the old days teams would pound the ball down low and force the other team to match up which is what I would do myself.

Booharv
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Not even trying to troll, but you guys know Carlisle will find some excuse to get Najera PF minutes.

stretch
07-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Do you think Al can guard Rashard, Jamison, and Jeff Green in transition?

Do you think Rashard, Jamison, and Jeff Green can guard Al in grind-out, half court games (which is what the playoffs turn into, especially down the stretch in close games)?

Works both ways. I'll take the post scorer, any day, especially when you have Dirk running around torching everyone from anywhere on the court.

The Mavericks will be especially hard to guard with Al, because positions 3-5 all have very good scorers. If you put your best big-man defender on Dirk, Al will torch you, and vice versa. If you put your best perimeter defender on Dirk, then Caron will torch his the weaker defender that he will have on him.

They are all different styles of scorers, which makes it even tougher for opposing defenses. So any one of them can go off any night, and we aren't even talking about Roddy, Kidd, or Terry possibly having a hot night.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Do you think Rashard, Jamison, and Jeff Green can guard Al in grind-out, half court games (which is what the playoffs turn into, especially down the stretch in close games)?

Works both ways. I'll take the post scorer, any day, especially when you have Dirk running around torching everyone from anywhere on the court.

The Mavericks will be especially hard to guard with Al, because positions 3-5 all have very good scorers. If you put your best big-man defender on Dirk, Al will torch you, and vice versa. If you put your best perimeter defender on Dirk, then Caron will torch his the weaker defender that he will have on him.

They are all different styles of scorers, which makes it even tougher for opposing defenses. So any one of them can go off any night, and we aren't even talking about Roddy, Kidd, or Terry possibly having a hot night.

I was talking about possibly playing Jefferson and Haywood together. And Al having to guard 4s. Jefferson and Dirk should dominate.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Not even trying to troll, but you guys know Carlisle will find some excuse to get Najera PF minutes.

:lol

I pray more than anything that Barea and Najera are part of this deal, just so there's no way possible Carlisle can fuck up the rotations.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 05:31 PM

Jamison yes, Green no, Rashard no but Rashard stops himself just fine.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 05:31 PM

That the Mavs played Najera as our backup four when Marion is perfectly capable of playing there like he did with Phoenix is ridiculous. Carlisle putting Najera in in a fucking playoff game was like when John Chaney inserted his "goons" in to send a message, except Chaney did it in a blowout not with the fucking season on the line. I don't care where Marion wants to play, really him and Haywood need to stfu if we get Jefferson.

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Name the two centers lineups in NBA history that worked? I will Hakeem-Sampson and Duncan Robinson. Those are some athletes and a guy who was a power forward really early in his career (Duncan). The Knicks tried a young 20ppg Bill Cartwright and Ewing together and it was too slow in 1986-87.

Al Jefferson isn't really a center, and doesn't protect the rim like one. Get ready for the annual first round exit because we will be one of the poorest defensive teams in the league with that lineup.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Al Jefferson isn't really a center, and doesn't protect the rim like one. Get ready for the annual first round exit because we will be one of the poorest defensive teams in the league with that lineup.
Imo Jefferson is a true center and since he weighs 270+ I don't see him playing pf against a ton of uptempo teams effectively. Tbh his blocks aren't that horrible 1.3 coming off knee surgery and 1.7, 1.5, 1.5 the years before that. Not awesome but decent. Word is he's been improving his defensive effort and is not as horrible as he used to be. Besides if Hakeem Olajuwon was on this market I'd go for him. He's not though.

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Imo Jefferson is a true center and since he weighs 270+ I don't see him playing pf against a ton of uptempo teams effectively. Tbh his blocks aren't that horrible 1.3 coming off knee surgery and 1.7, 1.5, 1.5 the years before that. Not awesome but decent. Word is he's been improving his defensive effort and is not as horrible as he used to be. Besides if Hakeem Olajuwon was on this market I'd go for him. He's not though.

If Al Jefferson can come in and play above average defense, then the mavs will be much improved. problem is, al jefferson has never displayed any above average defense for an entire season, or even half of one for that matter. We'll see, but even if we get him, I don't think that alone is going to help us. We'd have to do something crazy like somehow pull both he and CP3 out of our asses. All thanks to those fucks in Miami.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM
If Al Jefferson can come in and play above average defense, then the mavs will be much improved. problem is, al jefferson has never displayed any above average defense for an entire season, or even half of one for that matter. We'll see, but even if we get him, I don't think that alone is going to help us. We'd have to do something crazy like somehow pull both he and CP3 out of our asses. All thanks to those fucks in Miami.
I've really trained myself not to think about them, which isn't that hard since they're in the other conference. But yeah I've read stuff about Al putting forth more effort on defense but it has been random articles, who knows if he's sustained it. You gotta think playing on a contender for the first time will bring out a whole new level of commitment to him. Even Ray Allen started playing D the minute he arrived in Boston so its possible.

sefant77
07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Whats that for a discussion here?

You have Dirk playing 36 in regular and 40-42 during PO. Would Al be able to play 6-12 minutes PF against the other BENCH?? Of course...

You can fill the 48min of PF with Dirk/Jefferson and 48min C with Haywood/Jefferson.

So is there really a discussion??

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Whats that for a discussion here?

You have Dirk playing 36 in regular and 40-42 during PO. Would Al be able to play 6-12 minutes PF against the other BENCH?? Of course...

You can fill the 48min of PF with Dirk/Jefferson and 48min C with Haywood/Jefferson.

So is there really a discussion??
Haywood's minutes would likely tumble a lot, unless you played Jefferson a lot at power forward. Since Jefferon presumably would play starter's minutes.

Koolaid_Man
07-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I love Mark Cuban he's done more to fuck up the Mavs chances of competing with LA than a fella can possibly dream up...21 gun salute to you Mr Mark Fucking Cuban...

BUMP
07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I love Mark Cuban he's done more to fuck up the Mavs chances of competing with LA than a fella can possibly dream up...21 gun salute to you Mr Mark Fucking Cuban...

can you send me a mixtape of those Freaky Jams?

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 06:04 PM
96 minutes for 4 guys.

Dirk - 32
Jefferson - 30
Haywood - 29
Mahinmi - 5

:tu

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
96 minutes for 4 guys.

Dirk - 32
Jefferson - 30
Haywood - 29
Mahinmi - 5

:tu

I'll just say this as a final note since I've been babbling/repeating myself like crazy in this thread with teams like OKC, ORL, PHOE (Hedo is their pf next year), NYC, GS (only one big man at a time), etc. there are a ton of teams Jefferson wouldn't play the four against imo.

Here's my dream scenarios/lineup:

Starters: Kidd-Roddy-Butler-Dirk-Jefferson.

With the minutes like this:

PG: Kidd 32mpg /Roddy 16
SG: Roddy 20 /Terry 28
SF: Butler 31 /Marion 17
PF: Dirk 35 /Marion (not fucking Najera, never fucking Najera) 7 (against smallball teams or teams who go small) Jefferson 7 (against teams with biigs he can cover)
C: Jefferson 31 /Haywood 17
DNP:Najera, Barea

Taking three minutes off everybody's yearly averages for blowouts/matchup reasons in certain games, it would be something like this.

Jefferson:35
Roddy: 33
Dirk:32
Kidd: 29
Butler:28
Marion:21
Haywood:14

And if Barea's numbers were expressed in a mathematical equation with x being Barea's per game average it would go like this:

X ≤ -0.

I see Haywood not playing as much and being expendable, especially considering his salary unless you want to limit Jefferson's minutes which is a dumb move imo. Or you could play big all the time and risk getting run off the court. In reality I would trade Haywood if it cam to that.

Veterinarian
07-12-2010, 06:22 PM
And if Barea's numbers were expressed in a mathematical equation with x being Barea's per game average it would go like this:

X ≤ -0.

I think you just lost lakaluva.

dirk4mvp
07-12-2010, 06:23 PM
DNP:Najera, Barea

They key to this entire equation, tbh.

DJ Mbenga
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
for a second i though this was about richard jefferson

badfish22
07-12-2010, 06:41 PM

I pray more than anything that Barea and Najera are part of this deal, just so there's no way possible Carlisle can fuck up the rotations.

http://wildaboutazcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/JT.jpg

badfish22
07-12-2010, 06:42 PM
btw latest updates

DAL has softned stance to include Damp contrct in Al Jeff deal. But sources say Mavs want MIN to take Carroll & Stevenson

Wolves want first-round picks in any Jefferson deal and would insist on multiple firsts to absorb Carroll and Stevenson

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5374674&campaign=rss&source=DALLASHeadlines

Booharv
07-12-2010, 06:44 PM
That's bullshit if you guys get Jefferson for nothing and get rid of some shit contracts.

badfish22
07-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Im starting to have confidence that this will get done. Trade talks have progressed pretty far it seems.

Booharv
07-12-2010, 06:50 PM
This is some bullshit.

Booharv
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Kahn salary dumping the guy with arguably the best low post game in the league.

HeatChamps
07-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Time for a layup line. Jefferson is the worst defensive starting big man in the nba. Only in the Mavs would this be done. :lol

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 07:29 PM
FcT7JTmPPrk

Spursmania
07-12-2010, 07:34 PM

Greg Oden
07-12-2010, 07:39 PM
FcT7JTmPPrk

lol 1:25

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Obviously a no-brainer for the Mavs..

A Haywood-Dirk-Jefferson frontcourt gives them a lot of potential versatility against different types of opponents..they will be very tough to match up with offensively..then there's also the Mahinmi signing, which is a great move from a risk/reward standpoint, if Carlisle gives him minutes..

Jefferson is coming off a down year for his standards and there's obviously the risk that he won't recover, but the Mavs are at the point where they have to take risks..even in a down year, he was still really effective inside and on the boards..his numbers took a hit due to him having to play outside more due to the injury, I'm assuming he'll get back inside after recovering..

He'll also no longer be the focus now that he's playing with Dirk, and he will also be going up against bench players some of the time, which he should dominate..

sefant77
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
looks like talks heating up...

Will be interesting, if the deal goes through there are like 2738 different ways it could look like

DJ Mbenga
07-12-2010, 08:15 PM
when did the jazz enter this?

sefant77
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
when did the jazz enter this?

They asked about him, forgot he was black and gave up allready

badfish22
07-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Just filed to ESPN.com: Sources say UTA has quickly moved into lead in race to acquire Al Jefferson from MIN and working now to seal deal

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

ElNono
07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
This would be a great move for the Mavs, and for the very first time in the Cuban era I can say they would have a pretty rounded up team. Finally a legit post scorer that allows a classic inside-out game, and with the shooters the Mavs have, they would be set.

The last order of the day would be to ship Barea so Roddy can get his minutes. Carslile cannot be trusted to manage JJ's time out there.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Ok so the Mavs FO isn't THAT stupid. At least they're still talking and its beginning to look like the mavs can get this done.

edit:fuck fuck fuck

badfish22
If these stupid fucks let this go I swear to God

MavDynasty
fuck.

badfish22
Ok so the Mavs FO isn't THAT stupid. At least they're still talking and its beginning to look like the mavs can get this done.

I think you missed my message:

Just filed to ESPN.com: Sources say UTA has quickly moved into lead in race to acquire Al Jefferson from MIN and working now to seal deal

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 08:28 PM
That's what Dallas gets for dicking around and not just throwing DUST in there to begin with.

badfish22
Trade exception created by Boozer sign-and-trade can let UTA absorb Jefferson contract w/out sending out salary and seal deal w/draft picks

MavDynasty
i swear to god oh my fucking god wtf badfish u got a link? i wanna see this shit fuck

ElNono
07-12-2010, 08:29 PM
/facepalm

Did they really need to wait until Haslem said no to pull the trigger on this?

MavDynasty
if im cuban and donnie i shit my pants and just pull the trigger now. no more hardballing too much competition

MavDynasty
/facepalm

thats life being a mavs fan tbh

badfish22
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
link: http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

HarlemHeat37
Damn, what a nice move for Utah this would be..

They would still have the same problems as they did with Boozer on the defensive end though, nobody to cover his flaws..

monosylab1k
Mavs with more egg on their face, what new.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 08:32 PM
fucking dumbfucks

ElNono
07-12-2010, 08:33 PM
lol where's the Donnie troll?

sefant77
07-12-2010, 08:34 PM
If they miss on Al and Paul isnt in Dallas in a few weeks im done with the season allready in july

Donnie Nelson
07-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Don't worry guys, Jefferson wasn't a savvy veteran. He would have brought nothing to Dallas.

We've got a plan in place to bring Juwan Howard back for the full MLE so we still remain the most stacked front court in the NBA :toast

sefant77
07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
31g0YE61PLQ

ElNono
07-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Don't worry guys, Jefferson wasn't a savvy veteran. He would have brought nothing to Dallas.

We've got a plan in place to bring Juwan Howard back for the full MLE so we still remain the most stacked front court in the NBA :toast

lol we love our team

SomeCallMeTim
07-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Would much rather see Big Al in Utah. Have to admit, Jefferson in Dallas would worry me a bit. I expect him to have a better 2011 season, too.

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 09:31 PM
What is this Utah shit...is it for real or is Minn posturing and trying to force the mavs hand?

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
tbh beabois gamewinner with .7 seconds left then jones block on the desperation attempt

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
lol dbl post

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Son where is Shank....we need an update....what is going on. Damn I had my hopes up about Big Al...oh well

sefant77
07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Here's a tweet from the Jazz CEO:

Greg Miller GregInUtah

I just approved a Jazz roster move that I'm very excited about. Planning to share details tomorrow.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Here's a tweet from the Jazz CEO:

Greg Miller GregInUtah

I just approved a Jazz roster move that I'm very excited about. Planning to share details tomorrow.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Shit....fucking mavs...GOD DAMN IT. Why is Cuban being an idiot and so passive....fuck me

DPG21920
07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
It's just basketball dummy. Go read a book, have a glass of wine and enjoy life.

sefant77
07-12-2010, 09:45 PM
It's just basketball dummy. Go read a book, have a glass of wine and enjoy life.

Yep, i will see what they do with the dust.

If its nothing better than Jefferson i see you guys in 2011.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 10:02 PM
There's always DUST/Jet for Iggy/Brand

SevenX
07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
That sucks...

sorry mavs fans.

DPG21920
07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Or................................................ .....you could just give us Dirk and Butler.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Jesus.

These dumb motherfuckers couldn't seal the deal with a bottle of chloroform and a handgun.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Holding their dicks while another team swooped in. Doesn't matter that Jefferson would've filled a need.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
There's always DUST/Jet for Iggy/Brand

All that's out there now...

They should've just got the damn deal done, they obviously suck dick at hardballing and it bit them in the ass.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Shit, I don't even know that Iggy/Brand is out there. When was the last time you saw anything about that package being offered? At least the Wolves were making it blatantly obvious Jefferson was no longer needed.

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Yep, i will see what they do with the dust.

If its nothing better than Jefferson i see you guys in 2011.

Bye faggot.

Jefferson is garbage. You guys dodged a chubby no defense playing bullet.

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Shit, I don't even know that Iggy/Brand is out there. When was the last time you saw anything about that package being offered? At least the Wolves were making it blatantly obvious Jefferson was no longer needed.

The Sixers reportedly pushed the Iggy/Brand package hard during the deadline in an attempt to move Brand's horrible contract, but nobody wanted to take it..I'm sure it's still on the table, especially since they got Evan Turner..

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Better hurry before the Cavs take Iggy...

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
The Sixers reportedly pushed the Iggy/Brand package hard during the deadline in an attempt to move Brand's horrible contract, but nobody wanted to take it..I'm sure it's still on the table, especially since they got Evan Turner..

It's been a while, though. I'll have to read to see if their management is still thinking the same thing. Thanks.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Better hurry before the Cavs take Iggy...

They can have him. What does Iggy do for this team? Small Forward is our deepest position.

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:22 PM
They can have him. What does Iggy do for this team? Small Forward is our deepest position.

Getting Brand in the package will give you some post play too. And Iggy should run the floor well with Kidd. I know, it's sloppy seconds, but what you gonna do?

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:23 PM

No Jefferson and no Iguodala.

That leaves...

Monta Ellis?

Oh, wait.

Chris Paul.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Getting Brand in the package will give you some post play too. And Iggy should run the floor well with Kidd. I know, it's sloppy seconds, but what you gonna do?

Brand's contract is even worse than Jefferson (main objection to Big Al was that he cost too much), he has less game than Jefferson and his stats have been getting worse every year, and Iggy is just not enough of an upgrade from what we already have at SF. Iggy > Butler, but Jefferson >>>> Damp. What would've improved this team leaps and bounds? Iggy or Jefferson?

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Brand's contract is even worse than Jefferson (main objection to Big Al was that he cost too much), he has less game than Jefferson and his stats have been getting worse every year, and Iggy is just not enough of an upgrade from what we already have at SF. Iggy > Butler, but Jefferson >>>> Damp. What would've improved this team leaps and bounds? Iggy or Jefferson?

And I agree. But what else is out there? Well is getting pretty dry and the DUST chip is gonna go to waste?

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Forget about Al, he's gone to Utah.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
And I agree. But what else is out there? Well is getting pretty dry and the DUST chip is gonna go to waste?

The Mavs were never going to get one of the premier FAs. All along their target should've been Jefferson because he was under contract, his team stupidly wants to get rid of him and he feels a huge hole on our roster.

I am just speechless over the incompetence of our front office.

21_Blessings
Iggy or Jefferson?

Iggy defends Kobe as good as anyone in the league.

Jefferson is the empty stat King and Dallas would get laughed out of the West if they attempted to play him at center.

Shank
By the way, to keep hopes alive, the Jazz tweet isn't necessarily about Jefferson (as many have noted). Al Harrington rumored, as well. He's been tweeting about checking out the Jazz, as early as this evening. Also, there's a chance Minnesota is giving Dallas another shot to return with a package, with a deadline set for tomorrow. We'll see if they truly fuck up the volley. Place your bets.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700047695/Utah-Jazz-believed-to-have-traded-for-Al-Jefferson.html

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:31 PM
There you go. Train leaving the station... better jump on it

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Iggy defends Kobe as good as anyone in the league.

You can't beat the Lakers if you can't deal with the length of the Laker frontline. Put Iggy on this roster in place of Dampier. Does that get us past LA? Nope.

Jefferson is the empty stat King and Dallas would get laughed out of the West if they attempted to play him at center.

He would've been the third big in our rotation and Haywood would get most of the minutes at C. On a shit team like Minny or the Celtics teams he played for, he was the #1 option. Here he would've been a 6th man pounding second units and giving us an efficient, low-post scorer.

HeatChamps
07-12-2010, 10:36 PM
:lol at Mavs fans thinking Jefferson would actually help the Mavs. Overweight no defense scrub that is a black hole as well.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
:lol at Mavs fans thinking Jefferson would actually help the Mavs. Overweight no defense scrub that is a black hole as well.

Who the fuck are you?

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
You can't beat the Lakers if you can't deal with the length of the Laker frontline. Put Iggy on this roster in place of Dampier. Does that get us past LA? Nope.

Only chance you have at beating the Lakers is if you contain Kobe. Iggy's defensive length would be way more useful than Jefferson's. He's more than capable of guarding multiple positions and a way better pick and roll defender than Jefferson.

He would've been the third big in our rotation and Haywood would get most of the minutes at C. On a shit team like Minny or the Celtics teams he played for, he was the #1 option. Here he would've been a 6th man pounding second units and giving us an efficient, low-post scorer.

Dirk is playing 40 minutes in any serious kind of game. Haywood isn't. Jefferson would be trotted out at center and Dallas' interior defense would be the joke of the NBA.

DAF86
07-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Jefferson for Boozer, lateral move IMO.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I am a huge Iguodola fan, he's a tremendous defensive player, has a great handle, can pass, and takes it hard to the rack. I've officially starting to talk myself into him again. He's one of the few 1/2 options in the league who always guards the opposing team's top scorer.

Problem is like mono said they insist on including Brand and if Cubes thinks Jefferson has a bad deal, then fuck.

HeatChamps
07-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Who the fuck are you?
I am myself. Who the fuck are you?

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:46 PM
I am a huge Iguodola fan, he's a tremendous defensive player, has a great handle, can pass, and takes it hard to the rack. I've officially starting to talk myself into him again. He's one of the few 1/2 options in the league who always guards the opposing team's top scorer.

Problem is like mono said they insist on including Brand and if Cubes thinks Jefferson has a bad deal, then fuck.

If Cuban balked at 3/42 for Jefferson, what is he going to say to 3/50 for Brand, who is half the player Jefferson is at this point?

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Jefferson is on his way to becoming the next Brand. Only he's doing 4 years earlier.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:47 PM
I am myself. Who the fuck are you?

I'm the guy that's not a frontrunning, disappearing turd that magically shows up and sticks his nose in the shit after a long absence.

You must be the other guy.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:48 PM
And Iggy has 4/54 left on his deal, with the final year being a player option I'm sure he'd exercise. Iggy/Brand have a cap figure of $27 million next year alone. And Brand is a shadow of his 2006 self.

Staff Sgt. Dignam
07-12-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm the guy that's not a frontrunning, disappearing turd that magically shows up and sticks his nose in the shit after a long absence.

You come up with that all by yourself?

HeatChamps

Well now I'm here and you better get used to be me. I'm going to be here often for the next 5 years as we rack up championships. :lol

Zelophehad
If Cuban balked at 3/42 for Jefferson, what is he going to say to 3/50 for Brand, who is half the player Jefferson is at this point?
:tu Exactly. What the fuck is left then? The first person to say some shit like Baron Davis or Deng can go fuck themselves.

MavDynasty
lol his last post before the miami debacle 4-17-08

lol dissappearing for 2 years

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Jefferson is on his way to becoming the next Brand. Only he's doing 4 years earlier.

How much game do you think Brand has left? I didn't watch a lot of Sixers games this year, but I did go to their annual visit to Dallas back in November. Iggy was tremendous that night and Brand was...decent.

I'm trying to talk myself into this, but this is disappointing. Jefferson is only two years removed from a 23/11 season. Stats aren't everything, but I've watched him enough to know he's a skilled and efficient low-post scorer. I think he can be an asset to a team that doesn't rely on him as a #1 option.

Shank
Fuck it.

It's done.

Jefferson to Utah.

I'm going to beat my wife and go to bed.

Edward
lol bandwagoning heat fan.

lol like that nigga flo-rida

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:52 PM
You come up with that all by yourself?

I clearly stole it from you, mono.

Edward
07-12-2010, 10:53 PM
lol thinking that's a mono troll

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 10:55 PM
How much game do you think Brand has left? I didn't watch a lot of Sixers games this year, but I did go to their annual visit to Dallas back in November. Iggy was tremendous that night and Brand was...decent.

I'm trying to talk myself into this, but this is disappointing. Jefferson is only two years removed from a 23/11 season. Stats aren't everything, but I've watched him enough to know he's a skilled and efficient low-post scorer. I think he can be an asset to a team that doesn't rely on him as a #1 option.

Jefferson is 1 year removed from a serious knee injury and now there are questions about his heart/work ethic.

This is the guy that was supposed to replace Kevin Garnett. Now they're shipping him out when they have Kevin Love and Darko. Think about that.

Brand is a shell but he's still going to give you tough post-defense and reliable mid-range jumper. I'd be doing the trade for Iggy though and then see what I could get for Caron by the deadline.

ElNono

You're spot on. Plus he removes attention from Dirk. You can't gamble sending a double from whoever is guarding him anymore, like it used to be with whoever was guarding damp. Between both you gain spacing for guys like Butler to penetrate. This was a no-brainer.

And lol 21 dickings. Kobe is just part of the equation. It's that frontline cleaning the glass, and playing off Kobe that kills you.

Greg Oden
krofl mono

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey, there's always a pipedream CP3 trade scenario to look forward to!!

Trade idea: DUST+Carroll+Stevenson+Najera+1st round pick for CP3.

What do you guys think?

I'm going to go email this idea to Donny.

bandwagon_fan
07-12-2010, 10:58 PM
lol bandwagoning heat fan.

lol like that nigga flo-rida
Nothing wrong with that.

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:01 PM
You're spot on. Plus he removes attention from Dirk. You can't gamble sending a double from whoever is guarding him anymore, like it used to be with whoever was guarding damp. Between both you gain spacing for guys like Butler to penetrate. This was a no-brainer.

And lol 21 dickings. Kobe is just part of the equation. It's that frontline cleaning the glass, and playing off Kobe that kills you.

The concerns about Jefferson's defense are more than valid. Without Haywood, sure a Dirk-Jefferson frontline is tough to guard, but the Mavs were looking at having to score 115-120 a night to win. With Haywood taking up 30 of those minutes, I felt a lot better about being able to live with Jefferson's defensive deficiencies.

If you're asking me would I rather have Jefferson or the combo of Iggy/Brand, I could grudgingly be talked into the latter, because Iggy would be a two-way player on a Mavs roster that has too few of them, and Brand would make for a serviceable third big in our rotation. But good God those two contracts are going to be tough to absorb.

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Tough for whom? I thought Cuban's pockets were bottomless?

Booharv
07-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey, there's always a pipedream CP3 trade scenario to look forward to!!

Trade idea: DUST+Carroll+Stevenson+Najera+1st round pick for CP3.

What do you guys think?

I'm going to go email this idea to Donny.

Funny thing is NO probably already had that in their inbox this week.

Sorry Mav fans but :lmao letting the best low post scorer in the game slip through your fingers.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

You could have had a 25 all star center and your FO tried to force the other team to take Matt Carroll and Deshawn Stevenson. Doesn't even make sense.

Minnesota:"Take this all star center off our hands for nothing.:

Dallas:"No, you have to take on some bad contracts if you want give us this all star level center."

:lmao

That's gotta hurt.

Booharv
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
I almost don't feel bad about Matt Bonner anymore.

Well that's not true. But still...

Shank
07-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Gor.
Tat.

ElNono
The concerns about Jefferson's defense are more than valid. Without Haywood, sure a Dirk-Jefferson frontline is tough to guard, but the Mavs were looking at having to score 115-120 a night to win. With Haywood taking up 30 of those minutes, I feel a lot better about being able to live with Jefferson's defensive deficiencies.

If you're asking me would I rather have Jefferson or the combo of Iggy/Brand, I could grudgingly be talked into the latter, because Iggy would be a two-way player on a Mavs roster that has too few of them, and Brand would make for a serviceable third big in our rotation. But good God those two contracts are going to be tough to absorb.

Well, it's not like you don't have the defensive concerns now anyways. If anything, you're adding scoring, and potentially better offensive productivity for everybody else.

Iggy is good, but as you said he doesn't really fill a need.
Brand does have a post game, but he's been on the decline for a long time now. I still think he would be ok. At this point, it looks like Al is no longer an option, so I don't know what else they can possibly do.

I guess they could absorb the DUST chip in savings and see if next season they can make a run at CP3 again or at Melo. Yet, none of those guys give you the post game that I feel this Mavs team always have been missing.

Findog
Tough for whom? I thought Cuban's pockets were bottomless?

It is being reported that the main objection to acquiring Jefferson was not concerns about holes in his game, but Cuban not wanting to take on the 3/42 left on his deal.

ElNono
07-12-2010, 11:08 PM
At least looks like Utah didn't have much concerns about his health... so that's pretty much out of the window as an excuse for passing on him

ElNono
07-12-2010, 11:09 PM
You can always fall back to Michael Finley too.. he's a free agent... :lol

Shank
07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Jazz fans are going to be upset that they acquired yet another black player. Management is out of control.

Booharv
07-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Really, I can't believe your guys FO missed out on this deal. I was seriously sweating this. Jefferson would have been awesome for you guys. Also, I've read a bunch of articles about him improving on defense. But several of them seemed to be the same "he's trying harder this year" so maybe he was consistently inconsistent in his effort levels.

Let me repeat again, Jefferson would have been awesome for you guys.

Shank
07-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Really, I can't believe your guys FO missed out on this deal.

Really? Because none of us seem to be that shocked, really. Just another day at the ol' Mavs office.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Iguodola is great at driving to the rack, we don't really have anybody with great athleticism who can break down the defense in the half court except roddy. He would be awesome in pick and rolls with Dirk. Also, he is an exceptional ballhandler, plus a great creator for this teammates (he's averaged 5-6 apg the last few years) and is an all defense calibur player, so I disagree with the statement that he's like anything else we have. He's also obviously a great finisher in transition.

Shank
07-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Iguodola is great at driving to the rack, we don't really have anybody with great athleticism who can break down the defense in the half court except roddy. He would be awesome in pick and rolls with Dirk. Also, he is an exceptional ballhandler, plus a great creator for this teammates (he's averaged 5-6 apg the last few years) and is an all defense calibur player, so I disagree with the statement that he's like anything else we have. He's also obviously a great finisher in transition.

And in 2 weeks, when the Mavs are on the verge of trading for Iguodala and we all have massive boners (mine bigger than yours, of course), the Cavs will swoop in and offer their TE at the last second and snap him up.

bandwagon_fan
07-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Mavs are definitely not a team to bandwagon for. I'm sticking with the Heat. It was fun to be a Laker fan the last 2 years though.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 11:31 PM
And in 2 weeks, when the Mavs are on the verge of trading for Iguodala and we all have massive boners (mine bigger than yours, of course), the Cavs will swoop in and offer their TE at the last second and snap him up.
His biggest weakness, his iffy jumper, wouldn't even be that bad because we have shooters to surround him with and he could run the pick and roll with Dirk. And if people doubled him coming around the screen he's a willing and talented passer. Plus he could guard SGs like crazy. And he's great in transition. But I think we should fixate on Brand's contract instead and hope we can get Paul in a trade, you know because our best tradeable asset is a young thin point guard and their two best young players are a young thin point guard and a 6'2 undersized shooting guard. Makes sense. :tu

ElNono
07-12-2010, 11:37 PM
His biggest weakness, his iffy jumper, wouldn't even be that bad because we have shooters to surround him with and he could run the pick and roll with Dirk. And if people doubled him coming around the screen he's a willing and talented passer. Plus he could guard SGs like crazy. And he's great in transition. But I think we should fixate on Brand's contract instead and hope we can get Paul in a trade, you know because our best tradeable asset is a young thin point guard and their two best young players are a young thin point guard and a 6'2 undersized shooting guard. Makes sense. :tu

Why talk yourself into Iggy when you can talk yourself into the CP3 pipe dream instead?

rayray2k8
07-12-2010, 11:57 PM
An alternative possibly?

Shaquille O'Neal tops Mavericks' wish list

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/071310dnspomavsinsider.1df3fa6.html

badfish22
07-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Im sick of coming home to more fucking retardation by the Mavs. They can go fuck themselves.

mavsfan1000
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Fuck you Cuban. You piece of shit owner. Now going after over the hill Shaq and tried to overpay Haslem. You are the dumbest owner in the league.