PDA

View Full Version : PF Udonis Haslem turns down larger deals, returns to MIA

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
IraHeatBeat http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat

Just heard from Udonis Haslem. He has turned down far larger deals from the Nuggets and Mavericks . . . and will be back with the Heat!

less than a minute ago via web

PG - Chalmers
SG - Wade
SF - LeBron
PF - Bosh
C - ??

Bench :
SG/SF Mike Miller
PF Udonis Haslem

Shank
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
So instead of 10 minutes behind Dirk, he's going to play 10 minutes behind Bosh. Right, chief?

Greg Oden
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
So instead of 10 minutes behind Dirk, he's going to play 10 minutes behind Bosh. Right, chief?

son he has no shame in riding that gravy train.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158704

JamStone
07-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Udonis will get more minutes in Miami. Unless they find a quality center out of the blue, there are going to be plenty of minutes for Bosh/Haslem as the main duo up front, even in crunch time.

PGDynasty24
07-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Dallas should be thanking their lucky stars. That would've been a horrible signing

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Dallas should be thanking their lucky stars. That would've been a horrible signing

Sadly every Mav fan and even Laker fans can see that except Donnie and Mark. They are either THAT ignorant or they just wanted to fuck with Miami

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:00 PM

Haslem is signing for about 2-3mil.

Not 6.6mil per year :lmao

DAF86
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
PG - Chalmers
SG - Wade
SF - LeBron
PF - Bosh
C - ??

Bench :
SG/SF Mike Miller
PF Udonis Haslem

Shaq for that C spot? What happened to the Haywood rumour?

badfish22
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Shaq for that C spot? What happened to the Haywood rumour?

He signed in Dallas. I dont think they would have the money to sign him post-Lebron.

FalleNxWiZarDx
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Udonis is not a Center.........

bad move.......

he is only 6'8

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:04 PM

bad move.......

he is only 6'8

Haslem for 2-3mil per year is a steal, bro.

picc84
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Once he heard what Bron did for the Greenwich Boys and Girls club, how could he leave? Its not that often you get to play with a great philanthropist like Lebron James. Certainly no one on the Thuggets or Mavs compares.

The kindest thing Dirk ever did was drop charges on that chimpanzee he used to date. The Thuggets, the kindest thing they ever did was pay for the funeral of that kid JR ejected from his frontseat like wile e. coyote.

JamStone
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM

bad move.......

he is only 6'8

Udonis is more of a center than 6'11 Chris Bosh is.

It's a good deal for Miami. Even if Udonis isn't a center, they need front court depth. It's a great move for Miami.

DAF86
07-12-2010, 03:06 PM
He signed in Dallas. I dont think they would have the money to sign him post-Lebron.

Thanks.

The Heat doesn't have many choices other than Shaq now, and they need at least two capable centers to compete with the Lakers.

Juanobili
07-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Going back to your team, this time with James and Bosh. A no brainer.

angelbelow
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Lol so Haslem is staying loyal to the heat and taking a paycut but hes getting blasted anyways. Nice.

baseline bum
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Haslem for 2-3mil per year is a steal, bro.

Where'd you hear he signed for that?

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks.

The Heat doesn't have many choices other than Shaq now, and they need at least two capable centers to compete with the Lakers.

Big Z is coming to Miami. Already in talks

Also, Miami has a competent C in Joel Anthony, and even might bring back Jamal Magloire on the cheap.

Joel Anthony (starter) and Big Z with Magloire as 3rd string is good enough.

Shank
07-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Joe Smith thinks this will turn out to be a great deal.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:20 PM
b8wHQbePrbY

Joel Anthony is more than good enough. Plays defense, great shot blocker, and can rebound. His offense sucks, but we don't need him for that.

Joel starts, Big Z off the bench.

Shank
Joel Anthony (starter) and Big Z with Magloire as 3rd string is good enough.

Jesus. Really?

sefant77
what i read Haslem would probably start with 4.3 million, same with Miller.

Pretty sure he will get more years in Miami than in Dallas or Demver and make up a few millions with it.

4.3 starting, maximum increse rate and 5 years and its not a bad deal for him either.

ata
07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
IraHeatBeat http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat

Just heard from Udonis Haslem. He has turned down far larger deals from the Nuggets and Mavericks . . . and will be back with the Heat!

less than a minute ago via web

PG - Chalmers
SG - Wade
SF - LeBron
PF - Bosh
C - ??

Bench :
SG/SF Mike Miller
PF Udonis Haslem

Miami is in contact with Primoz Brezec (Pacers, Bobcats..., last season in Italy). My guess is vet. min. and bench.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Where'd you hear he signed for that?

It's what I read and heard from the miami journalists past few days,

BUT

it's still not concrete. maybe he signed for more, i don't know.

Indazone
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
sonova....!!

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Nice signing. When left wide open, dude can knock down that 15-17 footer ......

HeatChamps
07-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Man I can't wait to watch this team. It's like an all-star team.

Shank
07-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Man I can't wait to watch this team. It's like an all-star team.

Holy shit. Who are you?

hater
07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
:lmao Cuban

MarkCuban
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Dear Dallas, All Of North Texas and Dallas Mavericks Supporters Wherever You May Be Today;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in Florida, no longer has a chance to be a Dallas Maverick.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating without a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Mavericks have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE DALLAS MAVERICKS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE HASLEM WINS ANOTHER ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Dallas, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from the "coattailer" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Dallas, Texas.

The self-declared "role player" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Dallas and Texas, Haslem (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Dallas.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Mark Cuban
Majority Owner
Dallas Mavericks

Shank
07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
:lmao Cuban

Dude

Dick Jefferson/Bonner returning.

Relax.

crc21209
07-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Good signing for the Heat. :tu. But we all knew the guy wasnt going to go anywhere anyway with him being from MIA and being close to Riles and Wade. Haslem is a pretty good defender and rebounder for his size and can also knock down the mid-range J. :tu

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-udonis-haslem-s071110,0,1392457.story

Instead of packages from other teams that could have reached $34 million over five seasons, Haslem, 30, is expected to sign off on a four-year Heat package at about a third of that total, although details still are being sorted out.

So about $11mil for 4 years

close to $3mil per year

Shank
07-12-2010, 03:48 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-udonis-haslem-s071110,0,1392457.story

Instead of packages from other teams that could have reached $34 million over five seasons, Haslem, 30, is expected to sign off on a four-year Heat package at about a third of that total, although details still are being sorted out.

close to $3mil per year

When will the Sun Sentinel come out with the under-the-table handouts? Because we all know they're there.

HeatChamps
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
When will the Sun Sentinel come out with the under-the-table handouts? Because we all know they're there.

The handouts are not money. It's playing with Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. Heck he would almost play free to do that.

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 03:51 PM

close to $3mil per year

So the dude left 20 million on the table to maybe win 2-3 rings???? Props to him I would have taken the $$$

:elephant

Killakobe81
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Udonis is more of a center than 6'11 Chris Bosh is.

It's a good deal for Miami. Even if Udonis isn't a center, they need front court depth. It's a great move for Miami.

I agree solid move ...

Im not shaking in my boots but that is a good move for the Heat ...

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Haslem was born in Miami, Florida.

Went to college for the University of Florida.

Played Pro-ball his entire career for the Miami Heat.

Took a home team discount in 2005 when other teams had bigger offers on the table.

No surprise he takes less. This is history in the making right here.

Shank
07-12-2010, 03:54 PM
The money is what's guaranteed. The rings are not. Should have done the smart thing and taken the payday to still play for a good team (Denver).

Edward
07-12-2010, 03:54 PM
So MiamiHeat, who do you want them getting at center? You're gonna need someone productive there if you want an elite defense.

Shank
07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
5yrs/20million

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
no state tax rules .....

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Fun fact :

Haslem played college ball with Mike Miller for the Gators. Now they will be teammates again 10 years later.

picc84
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
^^^Yeah, Haslem really sets the standard for guys staying loyal to their home-town. Not everyone has that kind of heart.

Killakobe81
07-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Took a home team discount in 2005 when other teams had bigger offers on the table.

so would losing. In fact NOT winning would be a bigger story ...Vegas has them as the favorites and they hadnt signed anyone ELSE yet ...

ducks
07-12-2010, 03:58 PM

james leaves hometown
and you think it is a suprise this dude does not

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 03:58 PM
So MiamiHeat, who do you want them getting at center? You're gonna need someone productive there if you want an elite defense.

copy paste

b8wHQbePrbY

Joel Anthony is more than good enough. Plays defense, great shot blocker, and can rebound. His offense sucks, but we don't need him for that.

Joel Anthonystarts,

Big Z off the bench.

Magloire 3rd string (if he accepts vet min)

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 04:02 PM
b8wHQbePrbY

Joel starts, Big Z off the bench.
I just checked out his stats on the internet, his rebound rate has consistently been 11 his whole career. Which is super-pitiful, All it looks like he can do is block shots and post defend. Maybe that's enough given the team he is on. But he's a fairly shitty player.

Edward
07-12-2010, 04:03 PM
You really think Joel Anthony is gonna provide enough size for them? I like him as their back up but he's only 6'9" and isn't extremely thick. I figured they need a lane clogging presence like Kendrick Perkins so Bosh can stick to defending the high post/pick and rolls.

Shank
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
It's shocking that anyone would view Joel Fucking Anthony as NBA-starter material.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
I just checked out his stats on the internet, his rebound rate has consistently been 11 his whole career. Which is super-pitiful, All it looks like he can do is block shots and post defend. Maybe that's enough given the team he is on. But he's a fairly shitty player.

He only gets like 15 mins a night.

I figure if he can block shots, play some D, and focus on his rebounding, he should be fine lol

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
You really think Joel Anthony is gonna provide enough size for them? I like him as their back up but he's only 6'9" and isn't extremely thick. I figured they need a lane clogging presence like Kendrick Perkins so Bosh can stick to defending the high post/pick and rolls.

who else is out there?

Shaq is not welcome back, he burned too many bridges.

Edward
07-12-2010, 04:17 PM
who else is out there?

Kurt Thomas, Rasho Nesterovic (a guy who gelled well with Bosh in the past), and Kyrylo Fesenko just to name a few. I figure the most important part of whoever plays center for them is size/bulk so he can compliment Bosh well on D.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
IraHeatBeat

Haslem on Mike Miller: "That's my boy from day one. . . That's my college roommate. He's like Dwyane is to me, just a different color."

plus LeBron and Mike are best friends too

god damn this team is gonna have a TON of chemistry and fun

Ditty
07-12-2010, 04:25 PM
lmfao mavs

ducks
07-12-2010, 04:32 PM
you know if heat just get players that are friends
this thing could blow up in their face
they could not take it when one of their teamates get on them for doing something bad

Shank
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
lmfao mavs

So, the Mavs still have their MLE to spend on someone else, you guys just re-signed Dick Jefferson and Matt Bonner and you're laughing?

Interesting.

dirk4mvp
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
you know if heat just get players that are friends
this thing could blow up in their face
they could not take it when one of their teamates get on them for doing something bad

why does it suck?
there is suppose to be a sallary cap to try to keep the field level

if they got lee they have bird rights to sign him to any amout

I do not know about the cap in baseball
but how with their large payroll and having to pay taxes 24 million each year

how they would be able to sign lee?

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Yeah I hope that dancing garbage is not done here.

Wade is not with that stuff. That stuff stays in CLE I hope.

Shank
07-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah I hope that dancing garbage is not done here.

Wade is not with that stuff. That stuff stays in CLE I hope.

Did you not see the introduction "concert" last week? It's going to run rampant with these assholes.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 05:43 PM
That's completely different. It's 100% normal and appropriate to have fun at the introduction.

That's not the same as a game.

Wade never danced like LeBron during a game a day in his life, so I expect that stuff to stay in CLE.

I think LeBron sees this as a "new" start, a new place, taking things seriously and winning.

Shank
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
That's completely different. It's 100% normal and appropriate to have fun at the introduction.

Wade never danced like LeBron during a game a day in his life, so I expect that stuff to stay in CLE.

I think LeBron sees this as a "new" start, a new place, taking things seriously and winning.

Doubt it.

Before the game starts, expect to see an annoying barrage of powder throwing and screams of "This is my house".

Meanwhile, Bosh will clap his hands together and do whatever the fuck Joel Anthony tells him to do.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 05:55 PM

True, after all this is Wade's team.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Also, Wade isn't about that shit?

Was it just me or did everyone else out there also see Wade dancing around, screaming at the hand he jerks off with as the Heat won that 1 game they won in the playoffs this year.

BUMP
07-12-2010, 05:59 PM

Agreed. I can't see Wade pulling that shit they did in Cle.

Yeah of course they'll be having tons of fun while they're blowing teams out, but what they did in Cleveland was waaaaay over the top

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 06:02 PM
here it is

XE6lGqrIC0g

"I am gonna wrap you around my dick so hard tonight! Star's old wrinkly ass cooch ain't nothin compared to you, hand!"

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
That's it? :lol :lol

SomeCallMeTim
07-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Surprising.

You see big stars take paycuts after getting paid big for a long time, but seldom would you see a guy like this take such a big paycut willingly. He's already a multi-millionaire, but pales in comparison to what the big stars make.

You cannot accuse Udonis of being greedy, that's for sure.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Surprising.

You see big stars take paycuts after getting paid big for a long time, but seldom would you see a guy like this take such a big paycut willingly. He's already a multi-millionaire, but pales in comparison to what the big stars make.

You cannot accuse Udonis of being greedy, that's for sure.

Here's a gem for ya

This isn't the first time.

In 2005, he took $10 million less again to stay with the Heat.

Once the dust settles, and the season starts, more and more people will enjoy and appreciate the Heat :) All this LeBron hate is nonsense, and the truth will eventually win out

Shank
07-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Once the dust settles, and the season starts, more and more people will enjoy and appreciate the Heat :)

The fuck they will.

HeatChamps
07-12-2010, 07:00 PM
:lol Mavs. More like :lmao Mavs

SomeCallMeTim
07-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Here's a gem for ya

This isn't the first time.

In 2005, he took $10 million less again to stay with the Heat.

Once the dust settles, and the season starts, more and more people will enjoy and appreciate the Heat :) All this LeBron hate is nonsense, and the truth will eventually win out

If you manage your money well, this makes a lot of sense. Udonis is no journeyman and short of a career-ending injury, he'll be making good money for quite a while.

I understand wanting to make a lot of money, but life seems to be too short to be uprooting your wife and kids and constantly changing uniforms to chase bigger deals. I am assuming Udonis has a wife and kids because I thought I remember he does. If he doesn't... change teams all you want... :lol

South Florida would probably be a great place to live so I can see why he'd want to do this. Still surprising because it is so rare -- millions of dollars seldom get left on the table, no matter the profession, but I suspect his priorities are in order.

SomeCallMeTim
07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I agree solid move ...

Im not shaking in my boots but that is a good move for the Heat ...

Yep. This notion that it would be Big 3 and a bunch of scrubs is looking more and more foolish. Haslem can play. Miller can really play. Riley is no fool and he's going out and getting valuable role players.

Scary that they'll have MLE and a good draft pick next year, too. This team is going to be really hard to beat.

Supergirl
07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Haselem will probably start at PF. Bosh is a C, he just doesn't defend like one. And the Heat don't really have many other good options other than Bosh at C. But it makes them weak defensively. Although, Haselem makes them stronger...

Supergirl
07-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Yep. This notion that it would be Big 3 and a bunch of scrubs is looking more and more foolish. Haslem can play. Miller can really play. Riley is no fool and he's going out and getting valuable role players.

Scary that they'll have MLE and a good draft pick next year, too. This team is going to be really hard to beat.

Well, they're still gonna have a pretty thin bench...They've only filled 5-6 roster postions so far...Even 8 is thin...

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Playoff basketball rotations are only 7-8 men deep anyway

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
sons its no surprise that Stern offered to pay him the rest of the MLE under the table so that he'd resign with Miami for cheap