PDA

View Full Version : sons, why is Ariza playing on the lakers summer league team

Darthkiller
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
so i tuned in watching knicks lakers, and why is Ariza playing on the lakers.

Edward
07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
are you referring to Devin Ebanks?

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
lol ...... man Ebanks is a freakin' spittin' image. Hopefully he plays like Ariza did during those 2009 playoffs

Edward
07-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Ebanks' ceiling is higher than Ariza's, he's smarter and rebounds better. The problem with him is a he overthinks things and gets way too hesitant to shoot. If Phil Jackson gets him doing some Yoga shit so he can just play and not think LA got a steal.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 03:40 PM
this game isn't that bad ....... go summer league ball

JamStone
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
He wasn't supposed to be able to shoot the three pointer. If he can actually hit them at a decent clip, he could actually earn some minutes.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 03:58 PM
He wasn't supposed to be able to shoot the three pointer. If he can actually hit them at a decent clip, he could actually earn some minutes.

anything short of Mike Jordan, Phil will probably bury the rookies at the end of the bench ........

"Rookies are lower than whale shit" - Phil Jackson

JamStone
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
anything short of Mike Jordan, Phil will probably bury the rookies at the end of the bench ........

"Rookies are lower than whale shit" - Phil Jackson

I would agree except for the fact that the alternative is Luke Walton or Sasha Vujacic. And as much as Phil might like Luke or trust Sasha more than a rookie, there's opportunity to earn minutes ahead of them. But I would concede it will take quite a bit of change of philosophy by Phil.

But his last season, maybe he does just that, especially if he has some forward thinking and wants someone, anyone other than Walton or Vujacic, to be able to give solid defensive minutes against a team... say like the Miami Heat, that has two great offensive wing players.

Ebanks is a great, great defender.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I think that's the thing that gets him on the roster ..... defense. Only think that keeps Luke is (1) that brutal contract and (2) he actually runs the offense.

Clipper Nation
09-14-2013, 09:07 PM
lol ...... man Ebanks is a freakin' spittin' image. Hopefully he plays like Ariza did during those 2009 playoffs
:lmao

Venti Quattro
09-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Ebanks' ceiling is higher than Ariza's, he's smarter and rebounds better.

Didn't turn out pretty well. Damn, I wish you were right though.