PDA

View Full Version : So Lebron is headed back to Cleveland in August

picc84
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
For his charity event.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5373219

Meanwhile, James is still planning to attend his charity bikeathon in Akron on Aug. 7. On Monday, James' publicist, Keith Estabrook, said the All-Star intends to participate in the fifth annual "King for Kids Bikeathon" event in his hometown.

As we can all see, nothing is going to stop Lebron from bringing joy to young children's lives, his true passion and #1 calling.

But is it wise for Prince James for return to Cleveland/Akron so soon? I was thinking the best time for him to go back would be....never. But I guess I underestimated just HOW much he loves the kids, that he's willing to risk his own safety.

Sound off. Does anyone think this is actually going to happen, and if it does....will Cleveland fans take their revenge?

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
bad move...way too soon lol

:elephant

Amarelooms

BlackSwordsMan
:faggyelephant

badfish22

Edward
07-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Wow, the guy is seriously delusional enough to not realize how bitter the entire city of Cleveland is.

Basketballgirl25
07-12-2010, 04:39 PM
well if he does I suggest he wear a bullet proof vest

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 05:07 PM
he will be safe ...... he needs to make sure that the tour ends up in East Cleveland. It's for the kids.

Dro210
07-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Saint James tbh

DMX7
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM
He did it 4 da Kidz!!!!

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Wow, I'm in awe of this man..

Even with the entire city disrespecting him, burning his jersey, treating him like a slave, threatening him..he's still going to go to this city and help the fucking kids, arguably risking his life..Father Teresa..

Venti Quattro
07-12-2010, 08:23 PM
For the boys and girls of Akron!!! :cry :cry :cry

Edward
07-12-2010, 08:23 PM
great fuckin bike fundraiser :cry

Gutter92
07-12-2010, 08:36 PM

Even with the entire city disrespecting him, burning his jersey, treating him like a slave, threatening him..he's still going to go to this city and help the fucking kids, arguably risking his life..Father Teresa..

QFT

so many haters here though...he raised so much money by making the decision on tv too..

ffadicted
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
The goddamn fucking kids guys :cry THINK OF THE KIDS!! :cry

BlackSwordsMan
07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
lebron is doing this in a bullet proof limo he'll be aight

Basketballgirl25
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I've noticed Lebron is a lot like Ilya Kovalchuk. Lot's of people get annoyed with both of them

The_Dude
07-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Knowing LeBron, he'll show up 45 minutes after the event is over. He'll show no emotion, avoid contact with anyone not named Maverick Carter, Rich Paul, or Randy Mimms. He'll be sure to say "LeBron James did a great thing today. When LeBron was a kid, he didn't have no bike."

DJ Mbenga
07-12-2010, 10:02 PM
somebody is getting hit with eggs

urunobili
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
lebron is doing this in a bullet proof limo he'll be aight

I was thinking the same thing... that town is not ready to accept him back...

SenorSpur
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Maybe he's going to import those kids that he used as props, during that ill-fated, live, on-air, TV appearance, from the B&G Club in Greenich, CT.

himat
07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Knowing LeBron, he'll show up 45 minutes after the event is over. He'll show no emotion, avoid contact with anyone not named Maverick Carter, Rich Paul, or Randy Mimms. He'll be sure to say "LeBron James did a great thing today. When LeBron was a kid, he didn't have no bike."

:lmao

cobbler
07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Let's hope he doesnt have to return to the chains and shackles as well.

Edward
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah lets hope Dan Gilbert doesn't make him pick cotton like the good little niglet slave he's supposed to be.

SenorSpur
07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Never heard of a slave earning 100 million.

Absolute terrible analogy.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:13 PM
they have got to televise this shit ....... seriously

me15lo
07-12-2010, 11:20 PM
they have got to televise this shit ....... seriously

this

baseline bum
07-13-2010, 12:32 AM
He'll need to ride in the safety of the Jamesmobile.

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2042/jamesmobile.jpg

Sisk
07-13-2010, 12:34 AM

Finally it's apparent you're trolling.. with that
:lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
07-13-2010, 12:55 AM
This will be interesting.

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
lol cavs peleton will chase him down

Venti Quattro
08-09-2010, 12:36 PM
No boos as LeBron bikes for charity in Ohio (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/heat/no-boos-as-lebron-bikes-for-charity-in-847073.html)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00508/lebron_508237e.jpg

By Hal Habib
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

AKRON, Ohio — The King ascended his throne once again Saturday morning, even if that throne happened to be the saddle of a bicycle.

LeBron James hosted his annual bikeathon on a sun-splashed morning, proving you can go home again even if you're halfway out the door, leaving the local Cleveland Cavaliers to take your talents to the Miami Heat.

No hard feelings, Akron appeared to be saying Saturday morning in James' first public appearance here since The Decision. James joined 400 neighborhood kids for his annual "King for Kids Bike-A-Thon" to benefit Akron's Urban League and YMCA.

There were no discernible boos. No burning of jerseys. No burning of bicycles, either.

"I don't care where he goes," said Akron's Jamall Vaughn, 35, a painter wearing James' Cavs jersey. "We still love him."

Maybe so, but the event was scaled down and security was beefed up, witnesses said.

James crossed the finish line following his 1-mile ride and was surrounded by a seven-man security team that fit into two categories: armed (members of Akron's finest) and arms (biceps so large they obscured the rest of their bodies).

If that sounds like a Secret Service detail, well ...

"We all know that kids are our future and if we continue to empower kids and make them believe that they have a bright future, then we never know," James said while briefly addressing the crowd. "There might be the next Barack Obama sitting there, sitting on the bikes. Or the next LeBron James. Or the next Oprah Winfrey."

James was easy to pick out for a few reasons: 1) He was three times taller than everyone else; 2) His glittering watch appeared to cost as much as every bicycle on the street, combined; 3) He had an entourage.

"This is probably the most precious -- the best day for the year," James told the crowd, "because I'm able to give back to the city I grew up in, the city that I love."

Wearing a red "Enjoy Akron" T-shirt, James did not field questions from the media. He never mentioned Miami but did address fans in Cleveland, where his jerseys were burned when he exited.

"I want to thank you for the last seven years," he said.

Watching his son participate was Marcellus Ripley, 43, a press operator from Akron wearing a James jersey. Ripley said he was "hurt" the night he saw such jerseys in flames.

"He's given all of his seven years to Cleveland, devoted, and all of a sudden, now he makes a move, everyone turns their back," Ripley said. "It's a decision he has to make for himself. Once you're a free agent, you have to do what you have to do."

Even Ripley cringed at the thought of what will happen when the Heat visits Cleveland.

"It's going to be a lot of animosity," Ripley said. "A lot of fans are going to be hurt, and that's why I think there was going to be a bigger crowd today. I think there are still a lot of people sour about him leaving and they stayed home."

Damon Haley, executive producer of the event, said the 8-mile ride for adults was eliminated not because of James' departure but because of tough economic times.

"This is a huge turnout," Haley said. "I think it's reflective of how Akron feels about him and understands one of their own, knowing it's a tough time for him and the people letting him know that they're here for him."

HarlemHeat37
08-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Very classy from Akron, it's sad that they have to be so close to Cleveland and the rest of Ohio..

"We all know that kids are our future and if we continue to empower kids and make them believe that they have a bright future, then we never know," James said while briefly addressing the crowd. "There might be the next Barack Obama sitting there, sitting on the bikes. Or the next LeBron James. Or the next Oprah Winfrey."

How can anybody hate this man?..

milkshakeballa
08-09-2010, 03:50 PM

i lol'd irl

:lol:lol

spursfan1000
08-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Lmao>