PDA

View Full Version : Are the Sonics better than you thought?

tlongII
05-16-2005, 03:08 PM
It would appear so. The Sonics are a difficult team to play. The Spurs should still win this series, but it won't be easy.

bigzak25
05-16-2005, 03:13 PM
i give them props for attacking and taking what the spurs give them.

i didn't think they could take 2 of 4 from the spurs. they did.

i seriously doubt, and hope, that they cannot take 2 of 3.

but they are better than i thought, unfortunately.

Xolotl
05-16-2005, 03:17 PM
I knew they would have trouble with them. But, after game 2 I thought I was wrong. Guess I was wrong about being wrong. It just seems to me that the Spurs have trouble with quick teams, well except for Memphis in the playoffs last year, but they killed the Spurs in the regular season. I thought maybe the same would happen here.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2005, 03:21 PM
I knew their backcourt could shoot but Sonics front court has been more effective than I expected...none of them individually are that great but collectively they have done the job...they are taking what the refs give them, playing very physically, and making Duncan earn everything he gets...

Xolotl
05-16-2005, 03:23 PM
I knew their backcourt could shoot but Sonics front court has been more effective than I expected...none of them individually are that great but collectively they have done the job...they are taking what the refs give them, playing very physically, and making Duncan earn everything he gets...

Good point Cowboy that is exactly what scared me before the series began. The frontcourt is very very physical and they have been all year. Fortson isn't going to score 20 pts but that guy is a beast.

mookie2001
05-16-2005, 03:24 PM
no they are worse than i thought
spurs are alot more worse than i thought too

tlongII
05-16-2005, 03:25 PM
The Sonics are a very cohesive team. They all defer to Ray Allen's leadership and they have a strong belief in themselves. I felt they were one of the top teams in the league until they had a little slump at the end of the season. I think they will play much better in San Antonio than they did in games 1 and 2.

Nikos
05-16-2005, 03:26 PM
No. Sonics are not that good of a team whether they win this series or not.

They are solid and balanced, but not anywhere near elite.

Spurs have to choke to lose this series (healthy Sonics or not).

Xolotl
05-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Spurs have to choke to lose this series (healthy Sonics or not).

So far so good!! But, they will get Game 5

DDS4
05-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Sonics are good no doubt. But the Spurs nauseating recent play has made them look better.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2005, 04:16 PM
The sonics are not better than I thought....The Spurs are worse than I thought.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
The Spurs should be up 3-1.

The Sonics are a bunch of retards.

Jimcs50
05-16-2005, 05:31 PM
I told TPark and everyone who were dismissing this team as just so much fodder, that the Spurs had bring their A game to beat them.

I predicted Spurs in 6 and I stand by it.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2005, 05:33 PM
I told TPark and everyone who were dismissing this team as just so much fodder, that the Spurs had bring their A game to beat them.

I predicted Spurs in 6 and I stand by it.

awwww shuthefuckup Klube...:lol

Ishta
05-16-2005, 05:34 PM
That Seattle Team Is Not Anywhere Near As Good As THEY Think They Are... Spurs In 6

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I Give Them No Respect. None!!!

Hook Dem
05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
It's been said before that the only team that can beat the Spurs is the Spurs themselves. How right they were. Sonics are a mediocre team!

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 05:56 PM
The sonics are not better than I thought....The Spurs are worse than I thought.

I couldn't agree more. But I still have faith that the Spurs can improve enough to win the championship. Hopefully Game 4 will serve as a wake up call and learning experience of sorts. Mainly, protect the damn rock.

baseline bum
05-16-2005, 06:59 PM
This should have been a sweep. The Spurs have been pathetic these last two games. You can't play that lazy ball all game in the playoffs and still win without Kobe Bryant on your team.

Dre_7
05-16-2005, 07:02 PM
I actually thought it would be Spurs in 6 before the series started, but after game 2 I changed my mind. Now I know I shoulda just stuck with my original pick. Spurs win game 5 by 5-10 points, then blow Seattle out in game 6.

Spurs in 6!

rwb
05-16-2005, 07:06 PM
I think the Sonics are good, but not as good as the Spurs. They've evened the series because, as stated before, the Spurs beat themselves. Unforced turnovers and poor foul shooting can't be credited to the Sonics. I expect this to go to seven because the Spurs can't seem to get their act together on the road. But I still expect the Spurs to pull it out.

LakerGod
05-16-2005, 09:29 PM
spurs fans are always in denial, I remember saying that the Nuggets were much, much better than the Sonics and that the spursies would sweep them...

How wrong you were!