PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry offers the 2010 "We Love Our Team" remix

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the year of "We like the team we have"!!!!!!

:clap

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/071210dnspomavsinsider.1d7c97b.html

Mavericks guard Jason Terry: 'We like the team we have'
04:31 PM CDT on Monday, July 12, 2010

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

LAS VEGAS – Jason Terry doesn't have the financial stake in the Mavericks that Mark Cuban does, but his emotional investment is right there with the owner's.

And his optimism takes a back seat to nobody.

Terry stopped by the Mavericks' Summer League game Saturday night to get a look at rookie Dominique Jones and catch up with the progress Roddy Beaubois is making. Terry feels he is partially responsible for helping Beaubois grow as a player.

And while Terry likes what he's seen from both of his backcourt mates, he also knows that the competition for minutes will heat up. The Mavericks have no fewer than eight guards on the roster.

Coach Rick Carlisle has said that Roddy Beaubois could be a starter next season. But he's quick to add that "so could Jet and so could J.J. [Barea] and so could Caron [Butler]."

For Terry, that translates into no concern about his place in the Mavericks' rotation.

"I don't think I'm the one who needs to worry at all," Terry said. "I know I'm going to be ready to play in whatever capacity they need. Obviously, I'm an impact player. They need me to go out and do what I've been doing the last five or six years."

As usual, the Jet was not shy on confidence. He thinks the Mavericks are going to be a force this season, regardless of whether another significant roster move is coming.

"Even if nothing does happen, we like the team we have," he said. "You look at what we were able to do in the second half of the season, and we already brought back Dirk [Nowitzki] and [Brendan] Haywood, which was a big key. I like our team. But you never know what could happen.

"Our goal every year is to win a championship. If we add a couple more pieces we're right back in it next year."

Terry firmly believes the Mavericks – and other Western Conference teams – still have a reason to be confident about their chances in the 2010-11 season. This in spite of Miami's moves to link together Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James.

"It's not necessarily an automatic pass to the championship," Terry said.

"Well, they got to come through Texas first," he said. "I'm still mad about the '06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire that I don't think he knows about."

Wade and the Heat came back from down 2-0 in the 2006 NBA Finals to win the championship, which didn't exactly make Terry a member of the Wade fan club. Terry said it was a little unsettling to hear speculation early in the free-agent period that suggested the Mavericks would get an audience with Wade about the guard relocating to Dallas.

"It would have been good," Terry said. "Wade's a hell of a player. It would have been a little awkward at times knowing that he has our ring over there. But you'd welcome one of the best to ever play the game."

Terry has not been sitting idly during the first couple months of the Mavericks' off-season. The 32-year-old has been working out and thinks he can play effectively another six or seven years. He's a career 16-point scorer and has shown no signs of major slippage.

And while Terry's emotional investment in the team has him mentoring Beaubois and intrigued about Jones, this remains a team that, as presently constructed, has no choice but to lean heavily on Terry.

Shank
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM
"I'm an impact player"

Impact like me humping my pillow in the 7th grade.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM
imho this is just Terry seeing the writing on the wall, that his time is up and he's about to take a backseat to Roddy, so he's lobbying for minutes any way he can.

DMX7
07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
2-bldbP6BWw

mavs>spurs2
07-12-2010, 05:43 PM
imho this is just Terry seeing the writing on the wall, that his time is up and he's about to take a backseat to Roddy, so he's lobbying for minutes any way he can.

wasn't jet on the record right after the season ended saying that he wanted to give some of his minutes up for roddy and that he deserved to play last year? i don't got a link or anything, but i could have sworn this was said.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 05:43 PM
wasn't jet on the record saying that he wanted to give some of his minutes up for roddy and that he deserved to play last year? i don't got a link or anything, but i could have sworn this was said.

tbh i think he said he wants roddy to get more minutes but that it doesn't mean he gets less minutes cuz he thinks they work well together.

sefant77
07-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Jason "We dont love your playoff performances after 06" Terry

The Franchise
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
To be fair to the Jet, if you guys get Jefferson you will be pretty decent.