07-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Who would you rather have?

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 06:10 PM
:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-12-2010, 06:10 PM

man no question Pippen/Lebron on my team...I prefer the same kind of players fuck Jordan/Wade....

D2Procon
07-12-2010, 06:14 PM
man no question Pippen/Lebron on my team...I prefer the same kind of players fuck Jordan/Wade....

Super cool story bro incorporated.

Leetonidas
07-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Any team with the GOAT, no doubt.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Jordan/Pippen

1) Both of them are better defenders than both LeBron/Wade at this moment.

2) Jordan is the best out of all of them.

3) I like MJ more.

SomeCallMeTim
07-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Jordan/Pippen. Barely. Both tandems are pretty freakin' great.

DMX7
07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Jordan/Pippen unless I'm interested in watching 90 freethrows a night.

Leetonidas
07-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Seriously, the offensive power of Jordan/Pippen is at least equal to that of Wade/Bron, but the defensive tenacity is what separates them.

PM5K
07-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Member them dobermans?

Kevin Durant 35
07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Mj

stretch
07-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Seriously, the offensive power of Jordan/Pippen is at least equal to that of Wade/Bron, but the defensive tenacity is what separates them.

the defensive tenacity is definitely true, but as for the offensive power, both lebron and wade are considerably better offensive players than Pippen, very close to Jordan, even superior to Jordan in a couple ways (Wade is quicker, Lebron is more powerful and arguably a better finisher with contact).

Jordan was hella good offensively, but he's not as far ahead of guys like Kobe/Bron/Wade as some people think. ahead, yes. but not miles, the way Bron and Wade are unquestionably miles ahead of Pippen offensively.

also, I think we are going to definitely see a change in playing style by Lebron this year. I think he definitely will focus more on defense, rebounding and passing. people may think it sounds crazy, but he has a better chance now than he ever has before to average a triple double for a whole season, because he wont have so much scoring burden placed on him. he will be able to do more of what makes him so special... taking advantage of his versatility in his passing and rebounding.

TheMACHINE
07-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Jordan/Bonner > Lebron/Wade

Edward
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Lebron is more powerful and arguably a better finisher with contact

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

stretch
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

so you think Jordan is stronger than Lebron?

TheNextGen
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
sons..lebron/wade would OWN jordan/pippen

tdunk21
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
mj/pippen any day over these lebron/wade gay superfriends

Edward
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
so you think Jordan is stronger than Lebron?

Jordan played stronger since he knew how to play with his back to the basket.

BadOdor
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Sons, isn't strech the faggot who argued that being a good defender was simply about "putting the effort"? :rollin

Xevious
07-12-2010, 09:22 PM
also, I think we are going to definitely see a change in playing style by Lebron this year. I think he definitely will focus more on defense, rebounding and passing. people may think it sounds crazy, but he has a better chance now than he ever has before to average a triple double for a whole season, because he wont have so much scoring burden placed on him. he will be able to do more of what makes him so special... taking advantage of his versatility in his passing and rebounding.
Agreed. Like Jon Barry said, Lebron is going to be more in Magic Johnson mode rather than Jordon. Really, having Lebron play the point and starting Miller at SF is a viable option. Wade can always slide over on defense to guard the smaller PGs if need be.

stretch
07-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Jordan played stronger since he knew how to play with his back to the basket.

being able to post up doesnt make you stronger. you think Pau Gasol is stronger than Lebron simply because he has a post game? What about Kevin McHale? gtfo

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 09:48 PM
:lmao bosh

himat
07-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Jordan/Pippen because I could rely on them even when they got old.

Jordan was still lighting teams up on the Wiz when he was 38...and even when he was 40. He put up 51 on the Hornets when he was almost 39 years old!

That's because his fundamentals and post game was so spectacular. He would just dominate the young dudes down low.

And oh by the way that tandem is vicious on defense.

I can't say for sure whether LeBron or Wade would be half as effective as they are when they get older or if they get injuries that hinder their explosiveness.

Sisk
07-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Jordan/Bonner > Lebron/Wade

real talk

JamStone
07-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Jordan and Pippen never faced anything close to the athleticism and strength and quickness of a wing tandem like Wade and LeBron. Great as they were defensively, they'd absolutely have their hands full against them.

If either Wade or LeBron could come anywhere close to matching Jordan offensively (which is possible), I think the other completely outplays Pippen. Pippen often gets some romantic and nostalgic sense of greatness when it comes to his offense. He was a good offensive player, pretty versatile. But even when Jordan left for those almost 2 seasons, Pippen was still roughly a 21-22 ppg scorer IIRC as the main option. Scottie just wasn't an explosive scorer even when he had opportunities. And as versatile a defender as Scottie was, he never faced anything close to LeBron physically. Not Magic, not Dominique, not Clyde. Closest might have been Shawn Kemp or Karl Malone, and Scottie wouldn't have to be the primary defender on either. Wade would at least test Jordan physically and athletically.

I give Wade/LeBron a chance because they have the size, athleticism, quickness, and strength to match-up against either and both. I think Jordan and Pippen were the smarter players and the more skilled players. Jordan is the best player of the four, but I think Pippen brings Jordan down.

Jacob1983
07-12-2010, 10:44 PM
There was more talent and competition when Jordan and Pippen played. And yes, I know that the Bulls won 6 championships in the 1990s but there were a lot of competitive teams. The Eastern Conference was awesome in the 1990s. The Western Conference was probably just a step below the East too. Jordan/Pippen is the best duo in NBA history, probably in the history of sports.

Edward
07-12-2010, 10:47 PM
being able to post up doesnt make you stronger. you think Pau Gasol is stronger than Lebron simply because he has a post game? What about Kevin McHale? gtfo

If Lebron had this herculean strength you claim he has he wouldn't have gotten shut down by Tony fuckin Allen.

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Jordan and LeBron now thats a combo !

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Hmmm....let's see...oh yeah. I think I'll take the ones who actually played a regular season game together. How about we re-evaluate in six years?

Juanobili
07-13-2010, 02:00 AM
MJ

by HIMSELF

stretch
07-13-2010, 07:49 AM
If Lebron had this herculean strength you claim he has he wouldn't have gotten shut down by Tony fuckin Allen.

he didnt get shut down by Tony fuckin Allen. He didnt get shut down, period. he perhaps got slowed down by the entire Celtics defense, along with his teammates sucking complete ass.

stretch
07-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Jordan and Pippen never faced anything close to the athleticism and strength and quickness of a wing tandem like Wade and LeBron. Great as they were defensively, they'd absolutely have their hands full against them.

If either Wade or LeBron could come anywhere close to matching Jordan offensively (which is possible), I think the other completely outplays Pippen. Pippen often gets some romantic and nostalgic sense of greatness when it comes to his offense. He was a good offensive player, pretty versatile. But even when Jordan left for those almost 2 seasons, Pippen was still roughly a 21-22 ppg scorer IIRC as the main option. Scottie just wasn't an explosive scorer even when he had opportunities. And as versatile a defender as Scottie was, he never faced anything close to LeBron physically. Not Magic, not Dominique, not Clyde. Closest might have been Shawn Kemp or Karl Malone, and Scottie wouldn't have to be the primary defender on either. Wade would at least test Jordan physically and athletically.

I give Wade/LeBron a chance because they have the size, athleticism, quickness, and strength to match-up against either and both. I think Jordan and Pippen were the smarter players and the more skilled players. Jordan is the best player of the four, but I think Pippen brings Jordan down.

+1

exactly what I was thinking

Edward
07-13-2010, 08:51 AM
he didnt get shut down by Tony fuckin Allen.

O yes he did:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201005110CLE.html

perfect example of a game Lebron coulda used his size and strength if he posted niggas up on the block but instead Tony Allen forced him to take jumpers.

lefty
07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
There was more talent and competition when Jordan and Pippen played. And yes, I know that the Bulls won 6 championships in the 1990s but there were a lot of competitive teams. The Eastern Conference was awesome in the 1990s. The Western Conference was probably just a step below the East too. Jordan/Pippen is the best duo in NBA history, probably in the history of sports.
This.

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Winners > Winner
Jordan/Pippen > Wade/Lebron

stretch
07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
O yes he did:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201005110CLE.html

perfect example of a game Lebron coulda used his size and strength if he posted niggas up on the block but instead Tony Allen forced him to take jumpers.

yeah, that certainly proves that Allen shut Lebron down playing one-on-one defense the entire game :rolleyes

stretch
07-13-2010, 11:17 AM

Revisionist history at its finest. There absolutely was not more talent and competition in the 90s.

I agree Jordan/Pippen is arguably the best duo ever (although Magic and Kareem legitimately may have an argument for that), but your evaluation of competition in the 90s is simply a nostalgic factor.

JamStone
07-13-2010, 11:33 AM
There were a lot of talented players in the 90s, but after the Bulls, the next best teams in the 90s were the Houston Rockets and Utah Jazz. As great as Hakeem was, he didn't have enough help on his teams to beat most of the champions in the 2000s. And I don't think Utah even makes it to the NBA Finals in any season in the 2000s.

galvatron3000
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM

you laughed too:lol

greensborohill
07-13-2010, 12:19 PM

You mean Wade/LeBron vs. MJ/Pip, right?

Edward
07-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Here's the difference IMO, back when MJ played, it was a game dominated by big men and there were a lot more dominant PFs and Cs back then. It was also a game that didn't reward athleticism half as much as athleticism is rewarded now. If MJ was sent to the FT line every time he lowered his shoulder and barreled into the lane while dislaying no skill whatsoever like Lebron does god only knows how dominant he woulda been. You can't just ignore how much easier it is for a SG or SF to dominate a game nowadays than it was back when fouls were called sparingly.

Which duo I'd take depends on the era. If this is the modern era where we have refs who reward athletes who don't have any go to moves or skill, give me Lebron + Wade. If we're in an era where you actually needed skill and polish to be productive, give me Pippen and Jordan.

galvatron3000
07-13-2010, 12:26 PM
I personally don't believe Pippen could guard LeBron but it depends of the situation. LeBron is stronger than Pip and these rules would put him at a disadvantage. Wade and MJ is not worth talking about, my money says Wade misses more shots than MJ does plus short people get beasted by MJ so this is a wash.

What you fail to mention is the third player in all this Rodman or Grant and Bosh. I personally never considered the Bulls a trio but the Miami Heat have a trio not a duo

stretch
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Here's the difference IMO, back when MJ played, it was a game dominated by big men and there were a lot more dominant PFs and Cs back then. It was also a game that didn't reward athleticism half as much as athleticism is rewarded now. If MJ was sent to the FT line every time he lowered his shoulder and barreled into the lane while dislaying no skill whatsoever like Lebron does god only knows how dominant he woulda been. You can't just ignore how much easier it is for a SG or SF to dominate a game nowadays than it was back when fouls were called sparingly.

Which duo I'd take depends on the era. If this is the modern era where we have refs who reward athletes who don't have any go to moves or skill, give me Lebron + Wade. If we're in an era where you actually needed skill and polish to be productive, give me Pippen and Jordan.

:lmao @ the thought that the refs never awarded Jordan or other stars

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I personally don't believe Pippen could guard LeBron but it depends of the situation. LeBron is stronger than Pip and these rules would put him at a disadvantage. Wade and MJ is not worth talking about, my money says Wade misses more shots than MJ does plus short people get beasted by MJ so this is a wash.

What you fail to mention is the third player in all this Rodman or Grant and Bosh. I personally never considered the Bulls a trio but the Miami Heat have a trio not a duo

Well if the game is on the line, I'd take MJ over Lebron any day. So it is not a wash by any means.

Rodman > Bosh

Edward
07-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Revisionist history at its finest. There absolutely was not more talent and competition in the 90s.

There was in the sense that there was more parity between teams because everyone was still new to the salary cap/lottery. The teams that contended in that era would not contend with the current day stacked teams, but there were a lot more contending teams back then, nowadays there are 3-4 teams every year that have any chance at winning.

Just look at 1995 and how wide open it was. Entering the playoffs the Knicks, Magic, Pacers, Spurs, Jazz, Rockets, Suns and Sonics all had a realistic chance at a championship. He never had to go against stacked teams like the 2010 Lakers, but he was never on one of them either.

Edward
07-13-2010, 12:40 PM
:lmao @ the thought that the refs never awarded Jordan or other stars

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

The refs didn't reward Jordan half as much as they rewarded Wade in 2006 or have always rewarded Lebron. Quit acting dumb, we both know the refs didn't turn games into free throw contests back then like they do today. I wouldn't be surprised if MJ averaged 20 free throws a game in today's NBA.

stretch
07-13-2010, 12:54 PM
The refs didn't reward Jordan half as much as they rewarded Wade in 2006

thats because they werent rewarding Wade. they were screwing over the Mavs.

Edward
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
thats because they werent rewarding Wade. they were screwing over the Mavs.

Bullshit. The NBA has been on a mission to find the next MJ ever since he retired. Stern saw an opportunity to help Wade be the first SG to lead a team to a title since MJ so he made sure it happened. Wade fell off a cliff the next season so it didn't matter, but the 2006 finals was one the things Stern has fucked with since MJ retired to turn the NBA into a league dominated by SG's and SF's.

stretch
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Bullshit. The NBA has been on a mission to find the next MJ ever since he retired. Stern saw an opportunity to help Wade be the first SG to lead a team to a title since MJ so he made sure it happened. Wade fell off a cliff the next season so it didn't matter, but the 2006 finals was one the things Stern has fucked with since MJ retired to turn the NBA into a league dominated by SG's and SF's.

wrong. because the fouls being called were nonexistent, and werent being consistently called for Wade until the finals. then after the finals, those phantom calls quickly started to dwindle again.

Edward
07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
wrong. because the fouls being called were nonexistent, and werent being consistently called for Wade until the finals. then after the finals, those phantom calls quickly started to dwindle again.

Wade got plenty of treatment against the Pistons. I remember how much the refs sent him to the line to ensure Miami would take a 3-1 series lead and effectively end Detroit's season.

marcflynn2009
07-13-2010, 01:42 PM
There are so many statements in here that have no facts behind them... a lot of comments are extremely biased...

jordan in 3 seasons(87,88,89) had 972, 860, 793 FTA....
Lebron in 3 seasons(last 3) had 771, 762, 773 FTA...

so your argument that jordan didnt calls like lebron is totally irrelevant and bull...

and the comments about there being less competition now than in the 90's is dumb too... when have we ever seen it where you have to have 50+ wins just to make the 8th seed??

random season of jordans era: 92-93

7 teams in the whole league had 50+ wins...
this year we had 12!!!!!!!

both duos are absolutely incrdible... i think we are going to have to wait before we can pick... but i think lebron and wade are a little more talented

the real question is.... wade/bron/bosh or mj/pip/rodman

marcflynn2009
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
when the game was on the line with pippen/jordan... everyone knew the ball was going to jordan

when the game is on the line with lebron/wade... it can go to either of them... teams wont know who to guard

picc84
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
when the game was on the line with pippen/jordan... everyone knew the ball was going to jordan

when the game is on the line with lebron/wade... it can go to either of them... teams wont know who to guard

Shit, even when Jordan was gone the ball didn't go to Pippen. :lol

marcflynn2009
07-13-2010, 01:55 PM

you really think stern gives a **** who wins?? sure he would love to see a lakers/c's or lebron/kobe final but he doesnt fix it...

stern has nothing to do with the fact that the lakers have more talent than any other team in the west...

stern has nothing to do with the fact that allen is a sharpshooter and rondo hustles the whole game

the dynasties of the decade have been lakers, spurs, pistons... 2 of those dynasties were the most boring teams in the nba at those times... you think stern fixed that??

america hates the spurs... ask any of your friends who have recently lived in other cities... but everyone loves nash and the suns... if stern fixed the league then why would he let the spurs dominate the suns in the playoffs...

if he fixed the league then how come lebron has only made the finals once???

to say that stern fixes the league is saying that spurs didnt deserve their rings... and thats an insult to the whole spurs organization

Jacob1983
07-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Of course, Jordan got a lot of FT attempts when he played. However, he earned a majority of those FT attempts because he was an aggressive player that would take it to the basket when needed. Wade and Lebron are not like that. Besides, doesn't Jordan have the highest career PPG average in NBA history? Jordan averaged more points per game than Ledouche and Fade so he would have more FG attempts thus creating more chances to go to the FT line.

Killakobe81
07-14-2010, 12:52 AM

I agree Jordan/Pippen is arguably the best duo ever (although Magic and Kareem legitimately may have an argument for that), but your evaluation of competition in the 90s is simply a nostalgic factor.

90's was overrated especially in mid to late 90's ...

I say MJ and Pippen out of respect for MJ ...and Pippen's defense.
but I agree with Stretch And Jamstone, Lebron is even more a freak than MJ was ...If Lebron played then he would face better centers but would have no match physically ..

Wade is better than Pip offensively and in the clutch ...

But Pippen is the best defender of the 4 ...even over MJ.

ffcommish
07-14-2010, 12:53 AM

This is a great point. Today’s game is so different from 12+ years ago, people have forgotten what it was like. Jordan did get calls but not close to what the players of today get. Today, someone like DWade spins on a player and falls down and it’s automatic. Jordan got battered every offensive possession and had to earn almost everything.

Lebron is more of a physical freak because of his strength and power than either Jordan or Pippen, but give me Jordan or Pippen any day of the week. Wade is a nice step back jump shooter, but the refs help his game a lot.

Jordan and Pippen and it’s not even close.