PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson to UTAH....oh well nice going CUBAN

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 09:46 PM
so frustrated at the idiots in the Mavs front office....so slow to act and moronic. Sucks cheering for them. I wish Dirk would have left

:elephant

sefant77
07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Maybe the roster move is matching Matthews :depressed

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
dirk should be pissed

The_Worlds_finest
07-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Yous are as bad as cuban. You all lost to a weak 7th seed Spurs team. You wishing you had reason to wear your "wez stacked" shirts. Al Jefferson is bum. Your better off without him. Besides Splitter is going to bitch you alls team anyway

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Yous are as bad as cuban. You all lost to a weak 7th seed Spurs team. You wishing you had reason to wear your "wez stacked" shirts. Al Jefferson is bum. Your better off without him. Besides Splitter is going to bitch you alls team anyway

sup grey named spurfan

DPG21920
07-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Come on Lebron put your Mavericks jersey on, then it's time to get it on, gotta come to Dallas.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Come on Lebron put your Mavericks jersey on, then it's time to get in on, gotta come to Dallas.

:lol they changed the website

http://lebrontothemavs.com/

DPG21920
07-12-2010, 10:00 PM
:lol they changed the website

http://lebrontothemavs.com/

:lol tha f*ck?

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 10:01 PM
that escalated quickly

The_Worlds_finest
07-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Dfw loves the dirk

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
better than san antonio loving the dick

Amarelooms
too bad for Dirk...he really deserves better. oh well.....not the end of the world except no gm's are going to give the Mavs even a decent deal now.....Mavs looking really foolish lol

Findog
Great job Cubes.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 10:04 PM
because it's dallas

DPG21920
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
If the Mavs don't use Damp's contract, Cubes just royally screwed Dirk. That is not right.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 10:06 PM
If the Mavs don't use Damp's contract, Cubes just royally screwed Dirk. That is not right.

nothing new

DPG21920
07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
I am not even joking. I am a huge Dirk fan. He took less money (for absolutely no reason) and he did so in good faith.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Whole heartedly agree. Dirk should've never agreed to come back to the same old shit.

monosylab1k

at this point they have to use it. Dirk won't be the only one angry. Mavs fans were promised huge things form the DUST chip and if they piss it down the drain, there will be hell to pay.

Mavs fans are already as disillusioned as they've ever been after the 1st round exit this season.

monosylab1k
also, dirk hasn't officially signed yet. Not too late to sign elsewhere.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:09 PM
at this point they have to use it. Dirk won't be the only one angry. Mavs fans were promised huge things form the DUST chip and if they piss it down the drain, there will be hell to pay.

Mavs fans are already as disillusioned as they've ever been after the 1st round exit this season.

Can you imagine? A chance to acquire arguably the best low-post scorer in the league, fill a major hole, give us a chance to match up with the Laker frontline, and they sat there holding their dicks arguing over the contracts of Matt Carroll and DeShawn Stevenson?

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Dirk can always back out, I won't be pissed at him. Blame the FO for not doing shit and fucking around but don't be mad at Dirk.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Mark "Billionaire Bottomless Pockets" Cuban let this fall through over the contracts of DeShawn Stevenson and Matt Carroll.

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Can you imagine? A chance to acquire arguably the best low-post scorer in the league, fill a major hole, give us a chance to match up with the Laker frontline, and they sat there holding their dicks arguing over the contracts of Matt Carroll and DeShawn Stevenson?

It hurts my brain trying to comprehend it.

The fan backlash is going to be pretty severe over this. They've got to do something else, and in a hurry. The fans are already pissed about the team underachieving for the 4th year in a row.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:13 PM
How in the hell did Cuban think he ever had leverage with Cleveland and Utah also holding trade exceptions?

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm still of the belief that the Mavs must have a serious backup or #1 plan, I don't think they are this incompetent..they probably have a serious lead on something somewhere else..

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm still of the belief that the Mavs must have a serious backup or #1 plan, I don't think they are this incompetent..

You'd be surprised at how crafty they "think" they are.

Zelophehad
Can you blame Dallas? I mean who wouldn't jump on a package of Carroll, Stevenson, and DUST for an all star level center? :rolleyes

Findog
It hurts my brain trying to comprehend it.

The fan backlash is going to be pretty severe over this. They've got to do something else, and in a hurry. The fans are already pissed about the team underachieving for the 4th year in a row.

Why in the fuck did Cuban argue about having to pay a few million more in luxury tax over acquiring Jefferson when Dirk accepted $14 million less than the max?

How the hell does Cuban look Dirk in the eye and tell him man to man that Jefferson was too steep a price to pay? If I was Dirk I'd be like "Give me my fucking $14 million back then, asshole."

ElNono
They had this dish served for over a week. They thought they were in control... just wow

monosylab1k
07-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't think they are this incompetent..

tbh these are the same guys that wouldn't even listen to a Dirk for Kobe offer, wouldn't even listen to a Kaman/Davis for Kidd offer, and held onto josh howard for way too long.

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Can Cubes fall back into a S&T for Scola or some such? Did the Rockets even offer him anything? I know it's a major step down from Al, but it's something.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
They had this dish served for over a week. They thought they were in control... just wow

They sat on their hands and haggled, assuming they were in control. They went in with an "eh, we're good either way"-type mentality, shooting for the moon. I think things were progressing where they were even going to swap out either Stevenson or Carroll (Carroll preferred). But no. Dumb fucks probably asked for a $50 million trade exception, the rights to Rubio and an inflatable pool full of cocaine. Why? Because it's Dallas!

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
This just proves that you can have all the money in the world but you need a brain to use it.

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Now we need the Cubes and the Donnie troll ensuring everything will be fine.. lol

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Cuban has "Gasol Deal" on the brain. He's obsessed with it. If he could, he'd make a mountain out of mashed potatoes over it.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Cuban has "Gasol Deal" on the brain. He's obsessed with it. If he could, he'd make a mountain out of mashed potatoes over it.

Jefferson was as good as anything they were going to get with DUST. Not "Gasol" trade, but close enough. They're going to piss this thing away and come away with nothing.

21_Blessings
07-12-2010, 10:23 PM
This just proves that you can have all the money in the world but you need a brain to use it.

Mav fan went from hoping they could get Lebron to being bitter about missing out on Al Jefferson.

:lol

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Jefferson was as good as anything they were going to get with DUST. Not "Gasol" trade, but close enough. They're going to piss this thing away and come away with nothing.

Jefferson is a stud in my book. Unless they know something we don't, this has to rank up there with the most retarded moves ever.

MavDynasty
07-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Mav fan went from hoping they could get Lebron to being bitter about missing out on Al Jefferson.

lol thinking mav fans were serious about lebron

Amarelooms
07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Well this will be the ultimate test for Cuban and the clowns in the MBT....can they get something now or will they be holding their small penis yet again.

We need a backup Center and SG bad as hell

BlackSwordsMan
Wenotstacked

MavDynasty
Jefferson is a stud in my book. Unless they know something we don't, this has to rank up there with the most retarded moves ever.

They are still in denial thinking they can get Chris Paul.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Once you factor in resources, do the Mavs have the most incompetent front office in the league?

ElNono
07-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Cubes is always willing to spend. That's why I don't get this.

As Harlem said, they must have something to fall back to.

CP3 is going nowhere this offseason.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I whined about potentially getting nothing for the DUST chip elsewhere and everyone scoffed me and said "Don't worry, there's no chance the Mavs get nothing for it. Don't worry."

DPG21920
07-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I was only half joking when I was messing with amarelooms talking about Cuban taking advantage of Dirk's kind and loyal nature, but I was also kind of serious. Dirk is so damn nice and loyal.

This would be a huge slap in the face if Cubes let this once highly regarded asset go to waste.

There is no way Dirk backs out though. Absolutely none.

Zelophehad
07-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I was only half joking when I was messing with amarelooms talking about Cuban taking advantage of Dirk's kind and loyal nature, but I was also kind of serious. Dirk is so damn nice and loyal.

This would be a huge slap in the face if Cubes let this once highly regarded asset go to waste.

There is no way Dirk backs out though. Absolutely none.
Like any Mav fan here doesn't know that.

BadOdor
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
No way Cuban does this to dirk - letting him take a pay cut but balking at the Jefferson deal because of the price.

He must have a plan in place.

Findog
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Cubes is always willing to spend. That's why I don't get this.

As Harlem said, they must have something to fall back to.

CP3 is going nowhere this offseason.

Not always. He's buried himself in the luxury tax with his financial commitments, but every now and then, he'll draw a line in the sand and proclaim something isn't good value. Nash was willing to give him a little bit of a discount and not force him to match every penny of the Phoenix offer, and he refused.

There is not necessarily a master plan here. They are just incompetent.

HeatChamps
07-12-2010, 10:42 PM

dirk4mvp
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
we love our boys in blue.

Shank
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Not always. He's buried himself in the luxury tax with his financial commitments, but every now and then, he'll draw a line in the sand and proclaim something isn't good value. Nash was willing to give him a little bit of a discount and not force him to match every penny of the Phoenix offer, and he refused.

There is not necessarily a master plan here. They are just incompetent.

As of late, though, his line in the sand has been a "happy, way better than we expected financially"-line. Meaning, they're more than willing to take on salary as they believe they're ahead of the game, money-wise, at this point. With this deal, the money was never the concern.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Dirk can always back out, I won't be pissed at him. Blame the FO for not doing shit and fucking around but don't be mad at Dirk.

fuck that

Dirk will forever tarnish his legacy, backstabbing Dallas. What a cowardly betrayal.

He will forever be known as someone who couldn't get it done by himself, so he has to leave to another team.

Edward
07-12-2010, 10:55 PM
fuck that

Dirk will forever tarnish his legacy, backstabbing Dallas. What a cowardly betrayal.

He will forever be known as someone who couldn't get it done by himself, so he has to leave to another team.

Dirk was never thought of as someone who could get it done by himself. Lebron was, till July 8th.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
yall stacked

cobbler
Ouuuuuuuuuuch!

Greg Oden
yall stacked
Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
fuck that

Dirk will probably do that, but damn sure not in the prime of his career .......

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Ashy Larry

and yet, I have 25% of the amount of posts that you have ...... now go iron that wrinkled shit on the top on your melon. top of ya head looks like a coochie

Indazone
07-12-2010, 11:12 PM
we love our boys in blue.

Dirk would look good in Red.

Greg Oden
07-12-2010, 11:12 PM
and yet, I have 25% of the amount of posts that you have ...... now go iron that wrinkled shit on the top on your melon. top of ya head looks like a coochie

lol post gasol laker fan

My Fault
07-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Damn Jefferson-Dirk could've been nice.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:21 PM
lol post gasol laker fan

uh no .... Laker fan probably before you were born. Saw the one time the Blazers really did something of substance in this league, 1977, when they swept the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals and been a fan since.

You just worry about making it through the first month of a season.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Damn Jefferson-Dirk could've been nice.

how would dude have reacted in meaningful games ??? Never played any in Boston or Minnesota. So I guess we'll see now for the Utah Jazz .....

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2010, 11:23 PM
uh no .... Laker fan probably before you were born. Saw the one time the Blazers really did something of substance in this league, 1977, when they swept the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals and been a fan since.

It's not actually Greg Oden, btw..

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:24 PM
ok, what is

"DUST chip"

??

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:25 PM
ok, what is

"DUST chip"

??

Dampier's expiring contract. Final year is not guaranteed. Mavs can use it to match salary in a trade for a team looking to dump a contract (and the talent attached to that contract), whereas the team receiving it can simply decline to pick up the option on the final year. In theory it is a trade chip for the Mavs and a cost-cutting tool for the team receiving it.

sribb43
07-12-2010, 11:26 PM
So much for the pick n roll/pop offense in UTAH with AL. Jazz will have a different offense in the halfcourt

What a failed day in Mavs land, Haslem says no thanks and takes less $$ with the Heat and then the damn Mormons swoop in and take Big AL :bang

Greg Oden
07-12-2010, 11:27 PM

cool man, I believe you.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:28 PM
It's not actually Greg Oden, btw..

oh I know ..... lol

well it might be.

I mean 2,000 posts in nearly four years. Must mean his fingers are always injured as well......

balli
07-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Jazz will have a different offense in the halfcourt
Not in Coach Sloan's halfcourt. We might harken back to the Malone days when we'd throw into the post iso more often than we have recently, but D-Will's too good and Sloan's too sure of it to give up the pick and pop/roll. Al's about to learn what that shit's all about.

Ashy Larry
cool man, I believe you.

it's all good ...... no harm, no foul

Greg Oden
I joined after the Gasol trade.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Dampier's expiring contract. Final year is not guaranteed. Mavs can use it to match salary in a trade for a team looking to dump a contract (and the talent attached to that contract), whereas the team receiving it can simply decline to pick up the option on the final year. In theory it is a trade chip for the Mavs and a cost-cutting tool for the team receiving it.

woah, when the fuck did Dampier get a 13mil a year contract?

that's a great asset, yeah.

a quick look at http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

says you got 10mil expiring in Caron Butler too.

shoulda taken jefferson ;/

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Not in Coach Sloan's halfcourt. We might harken back to the Malone days when we'd throw into the post iso more often than we have recently, but D-Will's too good and Sloan's too sure of it to give up the pick and pop/roll. Al's about to learn what that shit's all about.

I love Jerry Sloan .... dude does not fuck around. Al better sac up messing around with J. Sloan

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:33 PM
What a failed day in Mavs land, Haslem says no thanks and takes less $$ with the Heat and then the damn Mormons swoop in and take Big AL :bang

you should be ecstatic about the haslem result.

$6.6 mil a year for a PF that you don't need is hilarious.

the HEAT got him for $4mil, which is a good price for a solid bench player who just happens to be Wade's best best friend and a Miami fan favorite...

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:35 PM
holy fuck jason terry is overpaid ;/

Booharv
07-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I know its time to go to bed when I'm starting to feel bad for Mav fans.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I think the Mavs should try to get rid of Jason terry's contract.

Mavs should not be paying big bucks to a non-defensive SG....

basically, build a massive front line to pair with Dirk, simply because Dirk is not a post up player anyway.

then grab a defensive minded SG.... if he can stroke the 3, huge plus.

damn that roster is a mess imo.

Ashy Larry
07-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm always injured and the top of my head looks like a pussy

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:44 PM
woah, when the fuck did Dampier get a 13mil a year contract?

that's a great asset, yeah.

a quick look at http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

says you got 10mil expiring in Caron Butler too.

shoulda taken jefferson ;/

Bulls offered us Deng for Dampier. I'm glad Dallas turned that down, because we're stacked at SF and they didn't want to help the Bulls clear cap space during the LeBron sweepstakes. And the Wolves were willing to give us Jefferson for it. That should tell you how much other teams would like to have it. Dallas is going to wait too long and get nothing for it, because I believe the deadline to guarantee the final year is August. At that point they could pick up the option and then Dampier would function as a simple expiring, but if they're interested in adding talent, it would be best to use it before August. They could pair Damp/Butler together and the other team would be looking at one year of Caron for $10.5 million.

MiamiHeat
07-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Bulls offered us Deng for Dampier. I'm glad Dallas turned that down, because we're stacked at SF and they didn't want to help the Bulls clear cap space during the LeBron sweepstakes. And the Wolves were willing to give us Jefferson for it. That should tell you how much other teams would like to have it. Dallas is going to wait too long and get nothing for it, because I believe the deadline to guarantee the final year is August. At that point they could pick up the option and then Dampier would function as a simple expiring, but if they're interested in adding talent, it would be best to use it before August. They could pair Damp/Butler together and the other team would be looking at one year of Caron for $10.5 million.

im not sure, but is Jason Terry's contract an albatross or would there be interest for him?

he should be a top priority to unload....that contract is horrendous. mavs could use a defensive SG to pair with Marion.

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:50 PM
im not sure, but is Jason Terry's contract an albatross or would there be interested for him?

he should be a top priority to unload....that contract is horrendous. mavs could use a defensive SG to pair with Marion.

I think his contract works in a similar fashion in that he needs to earn a certain amount of minutes this year to fully guarantee the final year, and the Wolves were willing to take him back...meaning he's not just a contract but still has on-court value to teams. Terry's contract is moveable.

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Also, don't get your hopes up about Iggy/Brand. Mavs will finally get under the cap next summer if the only salary they add is the MLE. Iggy/Brand would ruin cap flexibility for years to come. They'll get under the cap to make a run at Melo/whoever else next summer, but won't land any of them.

Greg Oden
07-13-2010, 12:03 AM
If Donnie or Mark think there's even the slightest chance of landing Melo next year, they should be taken out back and be put out of their misery. If he even goes anywhere, he's going to New York.

Zelophehad
07-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Also, don't get your hopes up about Iggy/Brand.
Too late.

raVIciJMezk

And now that we have that Mahinmi trade chip is there anything to stop us from getting CP3 as well?

I'm already salivating over CP3 to AI alley oops! Two playmakers and an all defense backcourt!!

Zelophehad
07-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Fucking front office.

Findog
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Let me see if I can catch up to what Cuban and them were thinking, if that's even possible. The Wolves offered Jefferson for the "Dust Chip" straight up. Wiser minds would have made that deal because it's essential trading Dampier for Jefferson. Cuban somehow warps his mind into thinking, well, we're giving them the highly regard "Dust Chip," and they will basically release Damp, therefore, we help them out by allowing them to free up cap space for other deals. Fuck that, if we're taking on Jefferson's cap space, then we should at least force them to take on some of our cap space. Donnie, you tell those bastards that if they want us to help them, then they need to take on 8.4 mil in contracts of Deshawn and Matt. And I don't give a fuck if Matt is still owed three years, he has an opt out on is third year, which he told us in good faith that he would definitely opt out of. You tell em take it or leave it.

Wiser minds would be thinking, you mean to tell me they want to get Jefferson for basically 5.5 mil once it's all said and done?

Don't forget Dirk signed for $14 million less than he could've gotten over the life of his new contract. And he did so after the Mavs promised him that they would leave no stone unturned in improving the roster to try and win a championship. Dirk could've been a hard ass and insisted on the full max.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Come on Lebron put your Mavericks jersey on, then it's time to get it on, gotta come to Dallas.

LOL ...Ben & The Skin ...

DesignatedT
07-13-2010, 01:06 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs096.ash2/38126_10150227961320333_828580332_13557713_6532218 _n.jpg

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 01:14 AM
What. The. Fuck.

The Jazz finally get rid of their undersized, under-motivated, under-performing, defenseless, passionless,, injury-prone, 'power-free' power forward to make room for a better player already on their bench, only to replace that lazy-ass power forward they just got rid of with his clone?

Fuck you Utah Jazz...

DazedAndConfused
07-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Cuban has got to be one of the dumbest owners in basketball. I don't doubt his passion, but the guy has consistently surrounded Dirk with C+ talent. What the fuck does he expect from the teams he fields?

FkLA
07-13-2010, 02:02 AM
fucking lol

Mavs never dissapoint when it comes to providing epic failures. 3 yrs/10 mill for Splitter!!!!

Jloyola
07-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Everyone else is battling for 2nd...

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 02:46 AM
sup grey named spurfan

:wakeup you know that just means that he wasnt a original spurs talk member (like me) dumb fuck.

badfish22
07-13-2010, 02:49 AM
In better news, I just got through watching the Mavs SL game. Roddy has ice in his veins.

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 02:51 AM
In better news, I just got through watching the Mavs SL game. Roddy has ice in his veins.

he wont get playing time under Carlisle :downspin:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-13-2010, 06:33 AM
What. The. Fuck.

The Jazz finally get rid of their undersized, under-motivated, under-performing, defenseless, passionless,, injury-prone, 'power-free' power forward to make room for a better player already on their bench, only to replace that lazy-ass power forward they just got rid of with his clone?

Fuck you Utah Jazz...

I agree.

Millsap must be PISSED.

When the fuck are the Jazz gonna give that guy his starting role and 36mpg? :pctoss

sefant77
07-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Pay Dirk 16 million less. Pay Marion 39 million.

Offer Haslem at least 20 million but dont take Jefferson for 42.

Yeah...

Of course Jefferson has a weak defense, but jefferson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nothing

If they really dont trade for Al they have to find a even better trade or they will get some serious burning by the fans.

sribb43
07-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Dont worry guys, the mavs front office is holding onto DUST for CP3 :lmao

Brazil
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM
meanwhile Spurs get Splitter for the price of fucking Petro !

21_Blessings
07-13-2010, 11:22 AM
meanwhile Spurs get Splitter for the price of fucking Petro !

Good job. You guys finally signed your 1st round draft pick 4 years later. :rolleyes

Scola :bking

Muser
07-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Sick burn bro!

picc84
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Bron did it for the kids.

Brazil
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Good job. You guys finally signed your 1st round draft pick 4 years later. :rolleyes

better now with a very good price than never

for scola don't worry we have a new one on the making with Ian Mahinmi

21_Blessings
07-13-2010, 11:47 AM
better now with a very good price than never

Great. Spurs are still irrelevant in the West.

Have a nice day.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-13-2010, 11:55 AM
for scola don't worry we have a new one on the making with Ian Mahinmi

Then I guess the Spurs gave Scola to both of the other teams in Texas.

leemajors
07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
better than san antonio loving the dick

:tu