PDA

View Full Version : purely in terms of basketball, it must really suck to be Dirk

stretch
07-12-2010, 11:56 PM
The dude busts his ass year after year for the Mavs, and all they do is overpay for "big name" role players (aka overrated players) and surround him with that crap, and they never come through for him in the playoffs, resulting in him being forced to basically win games all on his own (which NEVER works, even for Jordan), and when he fails at that, he gets the bullshit label of being "a choker".

its such bullshit, how he gives his heart out for his team, and these fucking idiots do nothing about it. he took less money, under the impression that they would be making a big move, and now basically everything is gone. and their one chance at a legit post scoring threat, they fuck up by hardballing too much like fucking morons. so now, they will probably flame out early in the playoffs, and Dirk is going to once again, take all the blame despite puting up 26/12 on 50% shooting and hitting a shitload of clutch shots, only to be overrode by his teammates missing wide open shots, losing rebounds, committing stupidass turnovers, and fucking up on defensive rotations during big moments.

seriously, if Dirk backed out of his agreement, and took the vets minimum to play for Miami, I would have no hard feelings, and neither should the rest of the Mavs/Dirk fanbase. he gave his teammates, his fans, and his boss everything he had. and hes gotten nothing in return, but shitty teammates, broken promises, and an unfair/untrue "choker" label.

Here is a toast to Dirk, for constantly being such a class act, time after time, despite all the shit he has to put up with, and constantly giving his all for his team and fans.

To Dirk :toast

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Cosigned.

Findog
07-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Can anybody explain to me why Cuban pitched such a hissy fit about taking on Al Jefferson for 3/42 when Dirk took $14 million less than the max to re-up for four years?

z0sa
07-13-2010, 12:08 AM
How does this franchise have fans anymore?

bandwagon_fan
07-13-2010, 12:08 AM
RIP Mavs. Join the Heat wagon please if you want to be happy.

stretch
07-13-2010, 12:09 AM

No idea. The fact that they still do, amazes me. Mavs fans might have now become the best fans in the NBA...

seriously, between being a Raiders fan, and a Mavs fan, it sucks WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY worse being a Mavs fan. I think that says it all.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Mark Cuban needs to step back.

Go hire some great basketball mind/s to fix the roster. Seems to me that the Mavs are his personal rich man hobby that he tinkers with. I could be wrong.

You guys are lucky your superstar is so loyal.

badfish22
07-13-2010, 02:36 AM
seriously, between being a Raiders fan, and a Mavs fan, it sucks WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY worse being a Mavs fan. I think that says it all.

it does. It really does.

Fuck this shit.

BUMP
07-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Dirk, i dont care if you go on national TV or not. Whatever you do. GET THE HELL OUT OF DALLAS! AWAY FROM THESE MORONS!

You deserve the ring!:lobt2:

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Props to Dirk.

Halberto
07-13-2010, 02:53 AM
seriously, if Dirk backed out of his agreement, and took the vets minimum to play for Miami, I would have no hard feelings, and neither should the rest of the Mavs/Dirk fanbase.

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/Kneejerk_small.jpg

ezau
07-13-2010, 03:03 AM
Jefferson with Dirk would be scary. Both guys are double-team threats and Cuban just three out the chance.

4>0rings
07-13-2010, 06:51 AM
lol

greyforest
07-13-2010, 07:50 AM
i wish dirk would have come to spurs

wijayas
07-13-2010, 08:28 AM
The dude busts his ass year after year for the Mavs, and all they do is overpay for "big name" role players (aka overrated players) and surround him with that crap, and they never come through for him in the playoffs, resulting in him being forced to basically win games all on his own (which NEVER works, even for Jordan), and when he fails at that, he gets the bullshit label of being "a choker".

its such bullshit, how he gives his heart out for his team, and these fucking idiots do nothing about it. he took less money, under the impression that they would be making a big move, and now basically everything is gone. and their one chance at a legit post scoring threat, they fuck up by hardballing too much like fucking morons. so now, they will probably flame out early in the playoffs, and Dirk is going to once again, take all the blame despite puting up 26/12 on 50% shooting and hitting a shitload of clutch shots, only to be overrode by his teammates missing wide open shots, losing rebounds, committing stupidass turnovers, and fucking up on defensive rotations during big moments.

seriously, if Dirk backed out of his agreement, and took the vets minimum to play for Miami, I would have no hard feelings, and neither should the rest of the Mavs/Dirk fanbase. he gave his teammates, his fans, and his boss everything he had. and hes gotten nothing in return, but shitty teammates, broken promises, and an unfair/untrue "choker" label.

Here is a toast to Dirk, for constantly being such a class act, time after time, despite all the shit he has to put up with, and constantly giving his all for his team and fans.

Send him to the Spurs for RJ!!! Make the Texas triangle become the most feared destination once again!!!! :king

sefant77
07-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Dirk for Parker and Dice

Amarelooms
07-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Son Dirk is a great guy and player.....God bless him. The Mavs have FAILED him and never put enough players around him to help out. Cuban is an idiot

:elephant

sribb43
07-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Dirk should back out of the deal and sign with LA or Miami. Please Dirk be selfish for once and move on. We won't burn your jersey here, we would rep whatever team your on

ElNono
07-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Cubes and Donnie have a plan!... you bunch of non-believers! :elephant

Amarelooms
07-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Dirk should back out of the deal and sign with LA or Miami. Please Dirk be selfish for once and move on. We won't burn your jersey here, we would rep whatever team your on

cosigned....but Dirk won't do that. Not many options out there now.....he should have given Cuban and ultimatum that he needed to use the DUST before Dirk agreed to sign....

Oh well F it....

:elephant

thedong
07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Cosigned.

I don't know if I will ever be your step dad, because I am afraid of commitments, but findog I would really appreciate it if you co-sign me doing your mom every weekend, and sometimes on wednesday, without you throwing a hissy fit.

Maybe one day you and I could go to Chilis, and eat some ribs, catch up on life, and be cool with all this '' me banging your mom'' situation, but for now, if you can just stop guilt tripping your mom from banging me, that would be very sufficient.

So Findog, u cosigning sons?

pad300
07-13-2010, 09:19 AM

Now, Now, Now, lets have some decent competition in this league. If he's going to do that, he should go to San Antonio...

1) SAS can offer more (after getting splitter for only 11M/3 yrs).
2) It would be good for the league to have more than 2 serious challengers (LAL, MIA and ???).
3) Him and Bosh would be a lousy fit together... They both want the same spots on offence.
4) If you're fuck Cuban up the ass, you may as well do it no lube...

Question Stretch: Would you forgive him that?

Hey, we could give him even more money by a S&T for Bonner...

Drachen
07-13-2010, 09:29 AM

I would say that the only reason that I have labeled him a choker is because of his horrible performance against the GSW. Otherwise I would say that he is the toughest euro big man that I have seen. The guy is amazing.

stretch
07-13-2010, 09:32 AM
I would say that the only reason that I have labeled him a choker is because of his horrible performance against the GSW. Otherwise I would say that he is the toughest euro big man that I have seen. The guy is amazing.

His performance basically consisted of him getting doubled and tripled the moment he touched the ball, passing out to either an open Stackhouse or Terry, and them bricking shot after shot, forcing Dirk to have to create offense himself, obviously failing, because fighting double and triple teams every offensive posession usually will not bode in your favor.

I don't understand how that makes him a choker... being unable to do something that no one has ever been able to do.

Drachen
07-13-2010, 09:36 AM
His performance basically consisted of him getting doubled and tripled the moment he touched the ball, passing out to either an open Stackhouse or Terry, and them bricking shot after shot, forcing Dirk to have to create offense himself, obviously failing, because fighting double and triple teams every offensive posession usually will not bode in your favor.

I don't understand how that makes him a choker... being unable to do something that no one has ever been able to do.

You are right, I can count on probably 4 fingers the players that could do that (that I watched play), like I said in the second part of my post, that guy is awesome to watch play. He doesn't look tough because he is a big man who doesn't play in the post, but the guy has ice in his veins. He has gotten better every year. Great player. It's just sad that the deal for Traylor was accepted, his career arc may have been different.

lefty
07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Duude

The ABA still has a solid fanbase to this day

Mike-in-brazil
07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
that's the prob cuban is to much hands on and don't know shit about basketball!!
he is a rich basketball fan living a dream come true( really i can buy a nba team awsome k so now what?)he is the Al Davis of the NBA

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Dirk is great, I'll admit

stretch
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I think its more that his supporting cast always sucks massive balls than him being a choker. He creates basically free shots for his teammates and they blow every single time.

Exactly. If Brandon Bass is your second best player in the playoffs (07-08 playoffs), then your teammates have some serious issues.

Hell, it's hard to even find who the second best player in the GS series was. I guess you could say Josh Howard, but the dude would just have a monster 1st quarter every night, then do absolutely nothing the rest. Harris was too busy getting ate alive by B-Diddy and doing nothing to make him work. Stackhouse sucked ass. Terry sucked even more ass. Deaven George at center? :lmao

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Perhaps firing Avery Johnson was a mistake?

I always felt he was a great young coach that had a future. I know the Golden State series killed him, but still...

any mav fans feel that way?

picc84
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
I agree Dirk is great....as a shooter/scorer.

Great in the overall sense....no.

Warlord23
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Cuban and Donnie love their boys in blue!

:cheer

picc84
07-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Ya, so basically you agree with me.

BlackBellamy
07-13-2010, 12:17 PM
The Mavs are to Cuban what bunnies are to Lennie Small, and probably to the same effect.

mavsfan1000
07-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Agreed. Dirk has been crapped on by over the hill/overhyped role players. Fuck life.

stretch
07-13-2010, 12:56 PM

if by overall you simply mean hes not a great defender or low post scorer, sure. anything else, then you're a moron.

picc84
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
lol we stacked

badfish22
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
lol we stacked

sup 07/13/2009

Greg Oden
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM

top 50 player all time.

you know shit about basketball obviously.