PDA

View Full Version : Splitter seems to be so happy???

lotr1trekkie
07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Splitter seems to be enthused with his contract and playing with Tim. In fact, he will be one of the lowest paid players on the team.

I really don't get it. He could have demanded the full MLE. Why not? In an era when every All-Star demands the max[20m], why would he agree to this contract.

Ditto: I don't get it. If he had demanded the full MLE would the Spurs have balked?

Cheddz
07-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Splitter seems to be enthused with his contract and playing with Tim. In fact, he will be one of the lowest paid players on the team.

I really don't get it. He could have demanded the full MLE. Why not? In an era when every All-Star demands the max[20m], why would he agree to this contract.

Ditto: I don't get it. If he had demanded the full MLE would the Spurs have balked?

He's married, makes millions of dollars to play a game, and is probably the third most popular Spur without stepping on the court yet.

What's not to smile about?

bdictjames
07-13-2010, 09:52 AM
He's international, money really is not that big of an issue. He's still a hero to his own country for playing in the NBA.

TFloss32
07-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm happy to see that the Spurs got a hell of deal on a great player and Tiago Splitter gets to fulfill his dream of playing in the NBA. From what I've gathered in his press conference, he's a "team first" kind of guy and he had no intentions of raising his price because other players were getting ridiculous contracts this summer. It's so sweet to see this day finally come after all of the bitching and moaning that I've seen on here the past few years calling Splitter a "backstabber" and "traitor." He had absolutely no reason to come to the NBA until now (especially because of his terminally ill sister). He will be worth the wait.

tdunk21
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
money not an issue to him coz he said playing in nba is his dream come true and that alongside his idol in timmy.....if he plays well...i can see him demanding more money once his contract is up...

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
He's probably happy because he just signed a $10.9 million contract. Or he's in a Zen like trance.

But let's disabuse the notion of his egalitarianism. He most likely wanted to get into the NBA so that someday he'll be able to sign a $60+ million guaranteed contract. The Spurs held his rights and were able to dictate the terms of his entry, which apparently was accepting 3 years and $10.9 million.

silverblk mystix
07-13-2010, 10:02 AM

shhhhhh!

bigfan
07-13-2010, 10:04 AM
He probably had a crappy agent but regardless, lets all just be happy and move on, nothing to see here...

ffadicted
07-13-2010, 10:06 AM
lol Splitter is a good guy, not a money driven egomaniac. I was reading in the brasilian media that he pretty much was gonna take anything the spurs threw at him (within the realm of reality of course lol) because he felt he proved everything he had to in europe and now was the time to move to the NBA, and he didn't want to go anywhere but SA.

Fuck yes I'm stoked

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 10:14 AM
He wanted to join the NBA (which should pay off handsomely for him in 3 years), so he took less $. The Spurs, of course, wanted him to take less. And they had the leverage of controlling his entry into the league thanks to his draft rights.

I'm not sure why we have to locate generosity on either side.

Darkwaters
07-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Well, he nearly tripled his money from last season, so it's not like he took a pay cut or anything. Plus I'm sure his taxes are lower here (although, his Spanish team might have paid his taxes in Spain for him).

Tito_Trinidad
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Because he's probably making more money (in 3 years) than we can do in our whole life,,,just playing his fav sport, traveling, nice hotels, free medical assistance, women everywhere, and securing a juicy contract after year #3.

DesignatedT
07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
hes a golden god.

Pauleta14
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
shhhhhh!

+1 :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
After taxes and shit? whats brazils exchange rate? :D

rayray2k8
07-13-2010, 12:00 PM
He just took his first step towards playing in the NBA and fulfilling his dream.

TheSullyMonster
07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
After taxes and shit? whats brazils exchange rate? :D

Seriously, dude is going to live like a king if he retires back to Brazil.:king

My Dad retired 15 years earlier, and lives better in S.America than he would here in the US.:toast

smrattler
07-13-2010, 12:11 PM
shhhhhh!

Ditto.

jimo2305
07-13-2010, 01:40 PM
u pay him under the table..

spurster
07-13-2010, 04:24 PM
He going to make up the difference with HEB commercials.

Balance
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM

:rollin

koriwhat
07-13-2010, 04:45 PM

don't forget about ancira!

Agloco
07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
He's married, makes millions of dollars to play a game, and is probably the third most popular Spur without stepping on the court yet.

What's not to smile about?

+1

Everyone has different thresholds, but there comes a point when money no longer improves your life. It's possible that Splitter is another McFrugal like Matty B. More power to the man.

Solid D
07-13-2010, 05:51 PM
http://www.dishnetwork.com/images/template/Dish_Logo.jpghttp://www.everyjoe.com/expertfantasy/files/2008/05/tiago-splitter-spurs-draft_nc.jpg

"I am still a Dish Network customer!"

ElNono
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
He just got married... give him a year or two... lol

TwelveGs210
07-13-2010, 06:32 PM

yeah, I'm sure he's gonna make some extra change promoting Sally Beauty Supply with those wonderful frosted tips of his too..maybe a salon at La Cantera too..

DPG21920
07-13-2010, 06:36 PM
If you were getting Petro money you would be happy too.

Das Texan
07-13-2010, 06:49 PM

If Tiago wanted in the NBA his hands were kinda tied, lets not forget that.

scottspurs
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
If he plays well over next 3 years he will have earned a nice payday.

TeKu
07-13-2010, 07:13 PM
He just got married... give him a year or two... lol

+1

:lol

The_Worlds_finest
07-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Just wait till he finds out that his contract is in USD and not EUROS

taps
07-13-2010, 08:32 PM
don't forget about ancira!

nah, georgie cornered that market with an exclusive lifetime contract. He blackmailed Ernesto by threatening to leak a massive cover-up conspiracy involving April during her tenure at Saint Mary's Hall .