PDA

View Full Version : Pop On The Radio

Willinsa
05-16-2005, 04:56 PM
I know he is on the radio right now, I wonder if anyone will question the lack of toughness from the team right now. I think the Silverstars are not as soft as the Spurs.

SWC Bonfire
05-16-2005, 04:58 PM
I think the Silverstars are not as soft as the Spurs.

Shaq, is that you?

BigVee
05-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Pop better not utter one word about his team being soft. HE coaches them to be the way they are. Don't complain to officials, don't retaliate when hit, don't show emotion on the court, don't pound your chest, don't hard foul anyone. In short, be nice robotic gentlemen on the court. We are getting the shit kicked out of us by an inferior team and doing absolutely nothing about it. The Spurs players are not soft...they are programmed to play and act a certain way, and are getting beat up.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Pop better not utter one word about his team being soft. HE coaches them to be the way they are. Don't complain to officials, don't retaliate when hit, don't show emotion on the court, don't pound your chest, don't hard foul anyone. In short, be nice robotic gentlemen on the court. We are getting the shit kicked out of us by an inferior team and doing absolutely nothing about it. The Spurs players are not soft...they are programmed to play and act a certain way, and are getting beat up.

oh bullshit...

Spurs hit a few more free throws they win game 3.

game 4 Spurs played good interior defense and dared the shorthanded Sonics to beat us from the perimeter. They did. It was still a good defensive game plan considering they were missing their #2 and #3 best outside shooters...Ridnour had a career quarter in the third and couldn't miss...shit happens...Hello SBC Center and win #3 for the Spurs...

Ishta
05-16-2005, 05:32 PM
oh bullshit...

game 4 Spurs played good interior defense and dared the shorthanded Sonics to beat us from the perimeter. They did. It was still a good defensive game plan considering they were missing their #2 and #3 best outside shooters...Ridnour had a career quarter in the third and couldn't miss...shit happens...Hello SBC Center and win #3 for the Spurs...
THIS IS ONE OF THOSE TIMES WHEN IT'S OHHHH SOOOO GOOD TO BE HOME!!

GO SPURS GOhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

Kori Ellis
05-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm trying to get the audio to the Pop Show right now. But I might not get it until morning.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2005, 05:39 PM
http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/021120/174534__08wizard_l.jpg

there's no place like home!

BigVee
05-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Not talking about winning and losing....talking about the always present label of being soft.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2005, 05:54 PM
http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/audio/pop5-16i.mp3

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/audio/pop5-16ii.mp3

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Sweet, Kori! You hooked us up again, thanks!

mouse
05-16-2005, 05:58 PM
Funny how all the Pop bashers at this website can't grow a pair and tell Pop to his face :lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Funny how all the Pop bashers at this website can't grow a pair and tell Pop to his face :lmao

http://www.keys-2-knowledge.com/GRAPHICS/a-Miami%20Heat.jpg

How's that fitting, Mouse?

IX_Equilibrium
05-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Thanks Kori

Dre_7
05-16-2005, 07:05 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I figured it out, Pop is the antichrist!!!

He is the worst coach in the history of the NBA!
lol

(Sarcasim)

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Rodent boy, what's there to tell him "to his face"? I don't think most people have access to Coach Popovich to tell him anything "to his face".

But since you are a VIP in Mavs land, tell us, how do Mark Cuban's testicles taste? :lmao

popavich the loser
05-16-2005, 07:58 PM

have you seen pops face? i dont blame them

smeagol
05-16-2005, 08:01 PM
But since you are a VIP in Mavs land, tell us, how do Mark Cuban's testicles taste? :lmao
Now that was funny.

Rick Von Braun
05-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Ok, I just heard the Pop show. He didn't say anything straight, but I have the feeling that we won't start Manu, nor increase the big 3 minutes.

Dre_7
05-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Rodent boy, what's there to tell him "to his face"? I don't think most people have access to Coach Popovich to tell him anything "to his face".

What I think he meant was calling into the Pop show instead of just constantly bitching in here. I think I agree with mouse on this one.

GoSpurs21
05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
What I think he meant was calling into the Pop show instead of just constantly bitching in here. I think I agree with mouse on this one.some of us dont live in SA and have the oppertunity

besides from this audio it seems like the questions were asked Pop just avoided answering the real questions and danced around like a true politician. I have always supported Pop and I still do. What I would like to see is Pop taking some credit for the losses and take some pressure off the players. After all if Pop doesnt do that then he isnt doing his job, if he doesnt get his players prepared to win then he needs to find someone that will.

Pop if you truly believe that they (sonics) shouldnt be given a direct access to the rim, then why doesnt your team play that way? Is it that you arent teaching this?

Tom_Foolery
05-16-2005, 10:55 PM
oh bullshit...

I remember Allen getting an offensive board and dunking it in the mug of Rasho Nesterovic.

That was pretty humiliating. You start to wonder if he has the "gentle giant" complex.

If I were Rasho's size, I'd take advantage of it and I could care less if I got a flagrant on that one...anyone try to dunk on me will get the business.

It's worked for Shaq...I can't remember the last guy to dunk on Shaq. It's because he takes pride in that sort of thing.

Spurs lacked aggressiveness all over the game, on offense and on defense...and in the middle.

mouse
05-16-2005, 11:01 PM
some of us dont live in SA and have the oppertunity

They have a toll free number and they read e mails

besides from this audio it seems like the questions were asked Pop just avoided answering the real questions and danced around like a true politician. I have always supported Pop and I still do. What I would like to see is Pop taking some credit for the losses and take some pressure off the players. After all if Pop doesnt do that then he isnt doing his job, if he doesnt get his players prepared to win then he needs to find someone that will.

Pop if you truly believe that they (sonics) shouldnt be given a direct access to the rim, then why doesnt your team play that way? Is it that you arent teaching this?

This is the first post I have see you write where you didn't insult anyone.

Dose someone else share your screen name?

I have to agree the callers seemed to be tossing soft balls at Pop.

I know Pop he can take it. You folks should let him have it.
it makes for good talk eadio :smokin

mouse
05-16-2005, 11:08 PM
http://www.keys-2-knowledge.com/GRAPHICS/a-Miami%20Heat.jpg

How's that fitting, Mouse?

Right now kinda tight. I have a big head Kori actually racked me twice in one day, Dude i rather be seen at an N'sync concert with The Writer aka Buddy Holly then to wear a cap of a team that does not have Mark Cuban as the owner.

After watching your Spurs meltdown last night? I think you could use all the Heat you can get. :lmao

Tom_Foolery
05-17-2005, 12:41 AM
After listening to Pop, I think it's safe to say he is very upset about the lack of physical nature of the Spurs on defense. He isn't going to show his cards and say something like, "we are going to knock them on their @ss!!!".

That will only lead to Officiating being closely watched and more fouls on the Spurs for bringing attention to it.

But, I do think the Spurs will be much more tougher in the paint.

I would love to see TMass more. I love his toughness.

mouse
05-17-2005, 01:17 AM
http://i.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/021120/174534__08wizard_l.jpg

there's no place like home!

^ :lmao

Vashner
05-17-2005, 01:26 AM
They just needed the tix and beer cash for 2 extra home games and some free scrimmage services from the Sonics.

mouse
05-17-2005, 02:07 AM
have you seen pops face? i dont blame them

Now that's comedy folks. :smokin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/FunkysPix/guys4.gif

Mark in Austin
05-17-2005, 08:02 AM
What I thought were key quotes from Pop:

(It was) not (lack of) effort, (it was lack of) aggressiveness

Making shots honestly doesn't bother me. Playing smart is what's important

(paraphrased) - there's nothing I can do as a coach to add a sense of urgency to the start of games. These guys are pros and they have to do it themselves.

as far as being physical, I think we've been a little lax in that area

when Duncan's defense, especially help defense was questioned:

(paraphrasing) It's not just up to Tim, everybody's responsible.

they packed it in pretty good and I thought we tried to force the issue too many times instead of ball movement and people movement

we need to concentrate on who we are and what we do, and what we did to win 59 games. You stick with that.

we just sort of drifted through the motions

a lot of what they did came after the initial pick n roll in the middle

a lot of Tony's points come off transition, and you don't get transition points if you don't get stops.

it's important to play with the same ferocity as they're playing with

T Park
05-17-2005, 08:25 AM
they packed it in pretty good and I thought we tried to force the issue too many times instead of ball movement and people movement

now saying this, and doing it tonight and game 6 are two different things.

Mark in Austin
05-17-2005, 08:32 AM
true.

MadDog73
05-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Props to Pop for going on air and answering questions live after losing 2 games in a row. My favorite moment: the guy who just went off saying we need to get in their face and retaliate, and "vaporize" the Sonics. Please, Pop, I implore you. :lol

Pop's response was like "thanks for the comments."

Jimcs50
05-17-2005, 08:43 AM
now saying this, and doing it tonight and game 6 are two different things.

TPark, they have done that all year, it is not rocket science to the Spurs...they just got lazy on Sunday and forgot what got them where they are in the first place. They are not the Suns, they are the Spurs, they win with defense, playing inside out, passing the ball around the horn til there is an open man, and running at every opportunity.

This will be back tonight, I give you my best Rasheed Wallace guarantee.

:)

BigVee
05-17-2005, 09:14 AM
I hope you are right. But, how on earth do you allow yourself or your team to get lazy in the 4th game of the second round of the playoffs when you have a chance to win and close them out tonight? Until this team figures out how that happens it will continue to happen. Maybe they can regroup and pull this series out, maybe, but lapses like that do not bode well for a championship. How could Seattle want it more than the Spurs? Why do the Spurs have players who concede baskets? Rasho does, Tim does, Horry does, why? It is very frustrating to watch. I can take losing, but I cannot take watching a guy shoot a lay-up over a Spur who has his hands upright and his feet planted ON THE GROUND. Jim, please be right!!

Jimcs50
05-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Not lazy as in not hustling so much, but lazy in thier offense. Not making the extra pass, trying to make a pass somewhere, when they don't have to, things like that.

MadDog73
05-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Spurs played badly in Game 4, for whatever reason.

Thing is, this is not new. I don't know why fans expect the Spurs to be a Killer force - I know, I know, I want them to be that way to, but forever reason, they aren't.

But, we won 2003 playing this way, so it can happen again, right?

On second thought, fuck that. Spurs, pick yourself up and win big tonight. I want you to sweep the next 6 games, OK?!?

BigVee
05-17-2005, 09:26 AM
I understood what you meant..lazy in execution, i.e. sharp cuts, good screens, quick movement defending pick and rolls, rushed and questionable passes, not strong with the ball...all signs of taking the easy way out. Just don't get it.

BigVee
05-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Spurs played badly in Game 4, for whatever reason.

Thing is, this is not new. I don't know why fans expect the Spurs to be a Killer force - I know, I know, I want them to be that way to, but forever reason, they aren't.

But, we won 2003 playing this way, so it can happen again, right?

On second thought, fuck that. Spurs, pick yourself up and win big tonight. I want you to sweep the next 6 games, OK?!?

I could happen again that way, but wouldn't want to count on closing out series's on other teams court again, having someone get hot from 3 again to win games. Much rather they just come out and bust their ass and play like they can.

Jimcs50
05-17-2005, 09:30 AM
I understood what you meant..lazy in execution, i.e. sharp cuts, good screens, quick movement defending pick and rolls, rushed and questionable passes, not strong with the ball...all signs of taking the easy way out. Just don't get it.

it happens all the time in a 7 game series

But can they reverse that and play Spurs' bball before Seattle gets any more confidence?

boutons
05-17-2005, 09:32 AM
"how on earth do you allow yourself or your team to get lazy in the 4th game of the second round of the playoffs"

It's called a mystery, as in:

"how do the Spurs destroy the Raptors for 3 quarters, up 20 pts, and then get blown out of the arena in 4th qtr?"

"how do the Spurs screw up the 2nd qtr, 12 - 29 pts, @SBC!!! vs Sonics in a statement/payback game?"

But asking such questions get you trashed for being negative, for being a bitcher, etc.

That the Spurs simply are wildly consistent is just a fact of life, but why is a mystery.

Like Sunday night @SEA, you just never know which Spurs are going to show up, the Champions or the Chumps.

Flea
05-17-2005, 09:39 AM
This will be back tonight, I give you my best Rasheed Wallace guarantee.

:)

I hope your guarantee works better than last year's!!!

I'm not too concerned though, they will win.

T Park
05-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Im not believeing.

But it wouldnt hurt to be wrong for once.

Jimcs50
05-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Im not believeing.

But it wouldnt hurt to be wrong for once.

For once???????

:lmao