PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat fallout : Most tickets sold in NBA history

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
David Stern : "We have sold more season tickets than in any other pre-season period in NBA history."

Yes, he meant the entire NBA.

Let the reign of the Miami Heat begin :)

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/07/12/stern_presser.nba/index.html

6:45

TheNextGen
07-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Wooot...the quest for 8 rings begins!!

More sold season tickets = championship baby!!

My Fault
07-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Heat may have already beat the Lakeshow already... In bandwagon fans that is.

ffadicted
07-13-2010, 11:19 AM
lol definition of bandwagonning

resistanze
07-13-2010, 11:26 AM
LOstbJq2W8A

picc84
07-13-2010, 11:28 AM

Our bandwagon expands globally. Heat still have to prove they can match that kind of fairweather power.

There are probably alien laker fans on mars who cheered the title this year but think Chris Mihm started at center.

TheNextGen
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
There are probably alien laker fans on mars who cheered the title this year but think Chris Mihm started at center.

oh shit..he didnt start as center huh?

rayray2k8
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Wonder where all the fans came from. :rolleyes

TheNextGen
07-13-2010, 11:34 AM
dont get me wrong....im still a Spurs fan..i just like the Heat too.

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
i hate fkn bandwagon fans, or even the casual fans who fkn only follow the winners only....i always tell these faggots, stick to one team or either one player and follow their careers, stop jumping all over the place cause other teams or players are doing good.....

Mike-in-brazil
07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
I know stern and nba share holders are brisk with joy.

spurfan:

Wooot...the quest for 8 rings begins!!

More sold season tickets = championship baby!!

other spurfan replies:

LMAO@ that!!
Beautifully carried out and accomplish!!! did all set that up? or was it an uncultivated dick suck exposure?

nkdlunch
07-13-2010, 11:47 AM
as the great Manu Ginobili has recently said. There is only 1 ball to be shared between Lebron / Wade = good thing for the rest of the nba.

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
i hate fkn bandwagon fans, or even the casual fans who fkn only follow the winners only....i always tell these faggots, stick to one team or either one player and follow their careers, stop jumping all over the place cause other teams or players are doing good.....

I hate the bandwagon fans as well or the ones who will only root for there team when they are good. I admit I can be a bandwagon fan at times, but that is only during games I want the teams I hate to lose.

Banzai
07-13-2010, 11:55 AM
MiamiHeat channeling his inner Tlong.

My Fault
07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
LMAO@ that!!
Beautifully carried out and accomplish!!! did all set that up? or was it an uncultivated dick suck exposure?

Laker fan laughing at bandwagoners. Pot meet kettle. I'm actually glad the Heat came so the bandwagon Spurs fans can finally jump ship. Its getting a little hard to read the trash upstairs. :wakeup

Spurs9
07-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Was he refering to the Miami Heat or the entire NBA?

angelbelow
07-13-2010, 12:45 PM

probably the entire NBA

Borosai
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Miami's fans are like Coach Riley: they'll bail when things get tough.

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 12:52 PM
The dynasty has begun !

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM

The entire NBA.

Most season tickets sold before the season has started in NBA history.

Anyone with a brain knew this was good for the league. Fans are going to come flocking by the millions. Globally. This team has the potential to be bigger than Jordan's Bulls.

Mike-in-brazil
07-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Laker fan laughing at bandwagoners. Pot meet kettle. getting a little hard to read the trash upstairs. :wakeup

yeap been on this Wagon since about 83 just a kid...how long u been a spurs fan??....

so all fans have same character, and condition cause they like same team???smart so smart lol

Teams that most likely do not win provide the most banwagon fanbase

most real fans just stop cheering/pulling for their own team, yet hate the nba..and teams that are currently wining...mostly!!
read your botton post lol

so the bandwagon Spurs fans can finally jump ship.classic ain't it!!!

heat will have more critics than newfans

dude calling me a banwagon type person cause he reads my team lol I rather call u uniformed than slap your peculiarities ..try doing the same thang!!!!:toast

thanks you classy spurfan LOL

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
I read OKC Thunder could be much better then the Heat in 2012, lets all hope so

Flo-Rida
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Damn hopefully i can at least make a Heat vs Raptors game of course in the nose bleeds .

Zelophehad
07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
The entire NBA.

Anyone with a brain knew this was good for the league. Fans are going to come flocking by the millions. Globally. This team has the potential to be bigger than Jordan's Bulls.
Slow down.

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Yep, everyone in Miami wants to see Dwayne Jones play with Lebron.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:23 PM

Actually, it was "Wade Jones" :lol Some stupid old black lady politician didn't know his name, but was presenting awards. The politicians do anything to get exposure :lol Riley allows it because he can call in favors, such as the county of Miami-Dade announcing the official name change to "Miami-Wade County" for a week.

Not a big deal. :lmao

and Stern's statement is about the entire league.

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Actually, it was "Wade Jones" :lol

and Stern's statement is about the entire league.

oops. Wow that's worse!

My Fault
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM
yeap been on this Wagon since about 83 just a kid...how long u been a spurs fan??....

so all fans have same character, and condition cause they like same team???smart so smart lol

Teams that most likely do not win provide the most banwagon fanbase

most real fans just stop cheering/pulling for their own team, yet hate the nba..and teams that are currently wining...mostly!!
read your botton post lol
classic ain't it!!!

heat will have more critics than newfans

dude calling me a banwagon type person cause he reads my team lol I rather call u uniformed than slap your peculiarities ..try doing the same thang!!!!:toast

thanks you classy spurfan LOL
Man I use to think Culburn's posts were hard to understand.

Zelophehad
07-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Lol. Check out this earlier joke of a quote from the introduction party thread.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4492575&postcount=47

Little did I know...

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
David Stern : "We have sold more season tickets than in any other pre-season period in NBA history."

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/07/12/stern_presser.nba/index.html

Not too surprising. I said from jump street this would probably be good for the NBA financially -- at least in the short term. All of a sudden, in the middle of the summer, the NBA is the biggest story, upstaging baseball and the world cup. There will be a ton of attention paid to the Heats this season and I think they're up for meeting expectations.

Long term, it may not work so well. We'll see.

I think, deep down, owners may be privately more OK with this move than they're letting on. The league as a whole has a lot riding on this and a rising tide lifts all ships. They would love to see a return to the glory days when the NBA was on the rise domestically. Overseas expansion has helped the league in the last decade a lot but I think owners know they need to regain traction here in the US.

lefty
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Wonder where all the fans came from. :rolleyes
San Antonio and Dallas

And Houston and Phoenix soon

alchemist
07-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Not surprised, who doesn't want to see this Monster team? Those (oops, meant *that*) Heat games will be sold out with the quickness here in San Antonio.

No more package deals that involve the Heat :lol

Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
The entire NBA.

you can say that when the Heat go on the road, but when Toronto and Cleveland now go on the road, will those games be sold out? Probably not.

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM

you can say that when the Heat go on the road, but when Toronto and Cleveland now go on the road, will those games be sold out? Probably not.

when Toronto and Cleveland come there sales will be way down, although good thing I live in NJ, we never sell out anyway might to easier for me to get tickets to Nets vs Heat then say if I was in other places:lol

Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
when Toronto and Cleveland come there sales will be way down, although good thing I live in NJ, we never sell out anyway might to easier for me to get tickets to Nets vs Heat then say if I was in other places:lol

Well as soon as those tix come out, go scoop them up. That will be two of the three of New Jersey sellouts .......

vs. Heat twice and vs Lakers

Kobe™
07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
http://img.fannation.com/upload/si_blog_post_images/64561/tx_cover_bigthree.jpg

LeRobin diggin his new role in South Beach.

TE
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM
lmfao heat bandwagon fan

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Well as soon as those tix come out, go scoop them up. That will be two of the three of New Jersey sellouts .......

vs. Heat twice and vs Lakers

very well could have sell out games this season, heck Knicks vs Nets might sell out as well since the new stadium they will be in this year is easy to get to from New York.