PDA

View Full Version : Bryant, Bell to meet

carib
07-13-2010, 12:03 PM
The longtime rivals will sit down for a face-to-face chat Wednesday in Los Angeles to further discuss the feasibility of the Lakers signing Bell in free agency

carib
07-13-2010, 12:05 PM
If they meet this is a done deal

Muser
07-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Damn..

carib
07-13-2010, 12:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5375672

carib
07-13-2010, 12:07 PM
its like Kobe goes after any one that gets in his skin, (Ron)

picc84
07-13-2010, 12:10 PM
its like Kobe goes after any one that gets in his skin, (Ron)

He respects people that fight and don't back down to him.

You think he's out there trying to recruit Kate Faber?

picc84
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Any Bobcats or Warriors fans, or Suns fans I guess, who can attest to how he looked the past couple seasons?

Trainwreck2100
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM

she fought, but im pretty sure she backed down

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Now kobe is recruiting for his team like Wade and Bron instead of demanding to be traded until someone else does something?

The copycat just copying the leaders he's supposed to copy.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I think I preferred tlong's Trailblazer rants...

Mike-in-brazil
07-13-2010, 12:35 PM
The copycat just copying the leaders he's supposed to copy.sounds like a dr suess line!!

calling Lebron a leader at this point is foolish!! great player mos def!!!
...Wade is the nba's pimp of the year!!! Don Dawayne

sook
07-13-2010, 12:35 PM
I really like this. This will make Kobe/ Lakers go up 10 fold in my book.

A team committed to winning that understands you don't just grab superstars to win.

With bell on board, they will be a great team to root for imo.

TheManFromAcme
07-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Now kobe is recruiting for his team like Wade and Bron instead of demanding to be traded until someone else does something?

The copycat just copying the leaders he's supposed to copy.

Damn Miami,

Now your really digging aren't ya..?:rolleyes

TheManFromAcme
07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
I really like this. This will make Kobe/ Lakers go up 10 fold in my book.

A team committed to winning that understands you don't just grab superstars to win.

With bell on board, they will be a great team to root for imo.

:tu

yup

inserting key components here and there is all this Laker team needs.
Bell, should the Lakers land him, will be an immediate and valuable asset.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Damn Miami,

Now your really digging aren't ya..?:rolleyes

I call it like I see it. What have I been saying about Kobe for years?

He's not a leader. He's a copycat. Jordan was the genius, Kobe's just an inferior imitation.

That's how Kobe works. He's smart enough to know WHAT to copy, but he's still just a biter.

LeBron/Wade are recruiting for their teams like nobody has ever seen, and now Kobe puts his copy face on.

No surprises here.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah, because this whole Raja Bell thing came about the time LeBron signed with the Heat...

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Wade has been recruiting for the HEAT for a while now, and it was widely known that he was trying to get Bosh and LBJ.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:21 PM
in fact, I'll call it right now

Next contract, Kobe will take less money and talk about wanting to give the Lakers room to build to continue to win.

Classic.

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Wade has been recruiting for the HEAT for a while now, and it was widely known that he was trying to get Bosh and LBJ.

Yea I remember him trying to recruit LO last year. Oh wait.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM
You seriously should just stop. Be excited about what your team has done to become better than 1st round fodder. Not act the pompous fool.

How would that be different than what any star has done over time? That's the name of the game--improve on the previous year. That's the only way to keep your team at a premium level.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Any Bobcats or Warriors fans, or Suns fans I guess, who can attest to how he looked the past couple seasons?

Well he was injured when he was on the Warriors :lol. The few games he played on the Suns during the 2009 season before he was traded he looked absolutely done. His defense was shit, his shot was getting no lift, he looked like he hated being on the court. A lot had to do with how much he hated playing for Porter and his body was well beyond 30 MPG capability.

Just my opinion but he should not be getting consistent minutes given how much 3 seasons under D'antoni playing 35+ MPG set him back. If they sign him as a spot player who got to play 10-15 minutes here and there it might work, but LA should not be signing him as a rotation player.

PGDynasty24
07-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Yea I remember him trying to recruit LO last year. Oh wait.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

TheMACHINE
07-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Damn Miami Heat...you're sounding like Harlemheat more and more everyday.

TheMACHINE
07-13-2010, 01:33 PM
You seriously should just stop. Be excited about what your team has done to become better than 1st round fodder. Not act the pompous fool.

How would that be different than what any star has done over time? That's the name of the game--improve on the previous year. That's the only way to keep your team at a premium level.

seriously...i dont mind Miamiheat cheering for the Heat...it is his team. Cheer all you want...but if you want to "reach" and make idiotic statements, it makes you look like just another troll.

silverblk mystix
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
seriously...i dont mind Miamiheat cheering for the Heat...it is his team. Cheer all you want...but if you want to "reach" and make idiotic statements, it makes you look like just another troll.

:lmao

a LAKER fan on a SPURS board calling another fan a TROLL :lmao

the DEFINITION of a troll IMO is a Fan of one team posting on ANOTHER teams board... :lmao:lmao

you will NEVER see me posting on a LAKERS board....why the fuck would anyone?

unless their main intent is to TROLL...

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 01:43 PM

the DEFINITION of a troll IMO is a Fan of one team posting on ANOTHER teams board... :lmao:lmao

why you crying?

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:44 PM

:toast great point.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 01:46 PM
So you agree to the fact that the broad generlization applies to you in that aforementioned statement, right Miami?

silverblk mystix
07-13-2010, 01:48 PM
why you crying?

it is called laughter...

himat
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
This is a great move if the Lakers manage to keep Shannon Brown too. Raja Bell might be able to provide 3's and defense, but he is getting old. LA might still want the athletic, and improving, Shannon Brown off the bench still.

A guard rotation of: Fisher, Bryant, Bell, Brown, and Blake would be really good.

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 02:04 PM
The good teams just get better.

TheMACHINE
07-13-2010, 02:06 PM

:toast great point.

so you agree with silver that you are a troll?

xtremesteven33
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Lakers need another explosive swingman..Kobes losing his speed I would think they need to get younger but Bell wouldnt be a bad signing at all...

21_Blessings
07-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Lakers need another explosive swingman..Kobes losing his speed I would think they need to get younger but Bell wouldnt be a bad signing at all...

ebanks

crc21209
07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
I think deep down Raja hates the shit out of Kobe and is going to relish this moment of Kobe bowing down to try and recruit him. Raja will then turn around and sign elsewhere...

Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM

She must have fought back .... didn't he wanna blast on her face ???

Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
ebanks

in three years, he could really be something special .....

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
I think deep down Raja hates the shit out of Kobe and is going to relish this moment of Kobe bowing down to try and recruit him. Raja will then turn around and sign elsewhere...

They had dinner one night and hashed out any issues. Mutual respect at this point. Maybe Lamar was the mediator. :D

Kobe is recruiting Kurt Thomas now.

TheMACHINE
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
They had dinner one night and hashed out any issues. Mutual respect at this point. Maybe Lamar was the mediator. :D

Kobe is recruiting Kurt Thomas now.

eh..kurt thomas? link pls.

nevetslc
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
John Ireland just said on 710 ESPN radio show that Kobe is recruiting Kurt Thomas to join the team.

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Bell was decent with the Bobcats..he's an above average defender if he's only playing 10-15 MPG, so he would do a lot better for the Lakers than he would on most teams..he's still good for a situational role..

The Lakers need some athleticism on the wings though, they're going to be really slow, which showed at times last season, especially if they get Bell..

Raja Bell is a fucking bitch if he goes to LA though :lol Kobe embarrassed him, and now he's going to crawl on his knees, bending over for a potential ring..

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
So you agree to the fact that the broad generlization applies to you in that aforementioned statement, right Miami?

When I came to this board, the HEAT were in the middle of a 15 win season.

So can't troll if my team sucks.

Some of you Laker fans, on the other hand, are post-Gasol Lakers. Trolls.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM

Nice twist on what was initially stated. The OP stated any fan of an opposing team that posts on here would be, in his opinion, a troll. There was no clarification of specifics so you would be classified as a troll. While I don't give a damn about join dates and post-Gasol bullshit. I know where I stand and how long I've been a fan of the Lakers. Also, your constant degrading of all things Lakers would spell troll more than anything I and a few of the Laker fans have done here.

xtremesteven33
07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Thatd be a damn shame to see Bell in a Lakers uniform....Thats like seeing Jason Terry in a Spurs uniform...

Muser
07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
in three years, he could really be something special .....

And you're basing this on 2 summer league games?

07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
bell will get paid more on the spurs and another chance to clothesline kobe. great opportunity.

Medvedenko
07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I loathe Bell, but if he's on the Lakeshow I'll support him.

pgardn
07-13-2010, 06:38 PM

Is this some sort of joke? Artest competely lost it when Kobe elbowed him in the series against Houston. Kobe got inside Artest's head so bad they had to go exclusively to Battier to cover kobe. Artest is a weakminded child. Bell is not.

This is a total fail comparison. Artest is totally Kobe's BeeHatch...

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 06:38 PM
You troll everything about Kobe? I mean your Kobe hate is beyond pathetic. You need a damn life.

This a Laker forum or a Spurs forum?

Kobe play for the Lakers or Spurs?

Don't be such a pussy and use your head.

Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 06:45 PM
And you're basing this on 2 summer league games?

no, on work ethic and what I have seen from him at WVU. Compared to the riff raff the Lakers have on their bench, goat shit would look special in three years. Ironically, three years is what Walton have on his contract.

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Artest is a weakminded child.

Cept when all other 8 children were watching Kobe's shot auger in short, Game 5 Vs. Phoenix...Artest wasn't.

tee, hee.

sook
07-13-2010, 07:24 PM

He's not a leader. He's a copycat. Jordan was the genius, Kobe's just an inferior imitation.

That's how Kobe works. He's smart enough to know WHAT to copy, but he's still just a biter.

LeBron/Wade are recruiting for their teams like nobody has ever seen, and now Kobe puts his copy face on.

No surprises here.
dude you're retarded. Kobe's won 5 rings, talk when the superstar combo the heat got have at least won one.

sook
07-13-2010, 07:27 PM

Don't act all arrogant until you're they've done something. The preseason is loaded with all types of hype. You have a right to be excited but don't go all Thunder Dan on us. He would pull the same shit every season.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2010, 07:38 PM
The longtime rivals will sit down for a face-to-face chat Wednesday in Los Angeles to further discuss the feasibility of the Lakers signing Bell in free agency

nothing new here...Kobe is acting like he hasn't even won a Championship yet. While other team's GMs are all surrendering, Kobe is out there trying to prevent Pat Riley's evil empire from getting more players.

Kobe is really greedy and sick, folks. and I fucking Love It :toast:toast:toast:toast

pgardn
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Cept when all other 8 children were watching Kobe's shot auger in short, Game 5 Vs. Phoenix...Artest wasn't.

tee, hee.

Yeah. Thats what Ron's shrink told him also...

Ron ya did it. Ya missed 7 wide open 3's in a row, but when it counted. So the other 7 did not count. Good for the Lakers. I hope they keep playing 4 on 5 offensively. Ron should just wait back on the defensive end like a girls game.

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 08:46 PM
I hope they keep playing 4 on 5 offensively.

Uh, uh. Boston tried that, next thing ya knew Artest left Pierce, dead in the ground.

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 09:04 PM

No surprises here.

Serious question: have you always posted like a nancy boy and I'm just noticing it now that you post 87 times a day since the Heats got their ringers?

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 09:07 PM
:lol Heat's already trolling the shit out of these boys..

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 09:10 PM
This is the NBA forum dipshit!

No, this is the Lakers Board at ST. Whomever wins the NBA World Title gets this Forum.

And that's just the way it is.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Serious question: have you always posted like a nancy boy and I'm just noticing it now that you post 87 times a day since the Heats got their ringers?

The world is very different when you leave Lakersground, ain't it? They feed some serious crack cocaine over there. "Kobe is better than MJ!!"

Do you always deflect the topic to avoid the subject?

Isn't it funny how now Kobe is miraculously recruiting Raja Bell and Kurt Thomas?

What a coincidence!!

Wade (and Bron) lead the way, and now Kobe copies. Such a predictable little soul he is. It's sad.

I said it before : Next contract, look to Kobe to take a smaller contract and talk about "sacrificing" so the Lakers can have more money to spend for championships.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 09:16 PM
whatever floats your boat.

oh look, you memorized popularly used phrases so you can regurgitate them as one-liners.

how cute.

Flo-Rida
07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
The world is very different when you leave Lakersground, ain't it? They feed some serious crack cocaine over there. "Kobe is better than MJ!!"

Isn't it funny how now Kobe is miraculously recruiting Raja Bell and Kurt Thomas?

What a coincidence!!

Wade (and Bron) lead the way, and now Kobe copies. Such a predictable little soul he is. It's sad.

I said it before : Next contract, look to Kobe to take a smaller contract and talk about "sacrificing" so the Lakers can have more money to spend for championships.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 09:21 PM
son, my PT cruiser pulls all the bitches.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 09:29 PM
real life > online

once I roll up in my black PT, i get all the punani, i make it rain on them bitches :lol

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
lmao that thread is full of win

You have got to pucker dem lips out and look more douchier if you are trying for foreign women. If you are trying to attract black women, or white girls who like black guys, you need to grow your hair out looking sloppy as humanly possible, lose all the facial hair, look as thuggish/sloppy as possible. Take a picture standing back with your pants hanging off your ass. Buy a t-shirt that is about 7 sizes to big, get a set of fronts for your teeth. Then put your middle finger up, with a cigarette in the other hand. I GUARANTEE that at least 6 of those broads would had clicked yes. (Oh and I almost forgot, have the empty bottle of hennessy within eyesight of where you are standing in the picture.)

:lol :lol

pgardn
07-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Uh, uh. Boston tried that, next thing ya knew Artest left Pierce, dead in the ground.

The NBA loved Ron for his work against Boston. Instead of 4-0 or 4-1 he was a main cog in the wheel that helped it go seven. I personally love Ron on the floor. If Kendrick Perkins had played the last game, Ron would have been found dead drunk at the bottom of his staircase yet again. Let than man play, its amusing watching him attempt to touch the rim or dribble.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 09:43 PM
I am going to enjoy watching Miamiheat fail on here ...more that the real team ...when THEY come up short ...

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 09:46 PM
If

{If} the Suns hadn't a beat ya flat, I wouldn't be smellin' skunk all the time here.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 09:46 PM
I am going to enjoy watching Miamiheat fail on here ...more that the real team ...when THEY come up short ...

to be honest, lakers-heat is gonna be epic. i can't wait

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 09:50 PM

Yeah, right, you'll crap the bed and pick us.

pgardn
07-13-2010, 09:51 PM
{If} the Suns hadn't a beat ya flat, I wouldn't be smellin' skunk all the time here.

Yeah its a good thing the Lakes won. They now consider Artest an important clutch player. A guy that was severely injured by a beer and attacked the wrong fan, and he now performs circus acts while falling down stairs on X-mas. I think its great that LA has recruited a lunatic.

"Kobe passed me the ball... he passed ME the ball."

Just wonderful.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, right, you'll crap the bed and pick us.

fisher stayed in LA like i said right? :lmao

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 09:55 PM
fisher stayed in LA like i said right? :lmao

You and the entire Board. Please.

You picked the Cavs last Thursday night until 5 minutes after James said Miami. It took your mother to pinch ya to get ya to come around.

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 11:41 PM

What a coincidence!!

You obviously have me mistaken for a Laker fanboy. I criticize the team plenty... especially Kobe. Would much rather be here discussing opposing viewpoints than in lockstep at a Lakers forum. I'm not the only one, IronMexican, Gemini, Ashy Larry, BadOdor, and several others tell like it is, too.

Your whole copycat shtick is just so weak though... I have seen some ridiculously thin trolling, but that is pushing the bounds of decorum.

Have you no shame, sir?

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 11:45 PM

Agreed. I think Lakers are the 'dogs now, but that's no different than the last three seasons anyway... they have three Finals apps and 2 titles to show for it despite that. Assuming they both make the Finals (and that's assuming a lot) it would be a great series.

I have a bad feeling the Heats are gonna run away with the league this year, but there are a lot of games to be played. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

OC Lakerfan
07-14-2010, 08:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUMzPDCHl5E&feature=youtu.be

Giuseppe
07-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Me so horny!

DJ Mbenga
07-14-2010, 08:34 PM
utah wasnt just cockblocking i think they got him. its money over rings for bell

Giuseppe
07-14-2010, 08:52 PM
GD it.

spursfaninla
07-14-2010, 09:19 PM
i don't see where bell gets minutes on the Lakes. Behind Kobe, and that will be 10 minutes a game the way you guys play him.

He is too small to get sf minutes, and assuming Glass boy is playing, odom gets the sf minutes at backup.

so, no big whoop for you guys.

OC Lakerfan
07-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Odom plays like 1% of the minutes at SF.