PDA

View Full Version : Spurs still need more this offseason

EMS33
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
First, how much money do we have left after the splitter deal? The reason I ask is because the Spurs are in win now mode or at least they should be. We only have a couple more years with Timmy and Manu and the older they get the more likely the window is shut and it will be time to rebuild.

Our front line is set IMO. Duncan/Splitter and Dice/Blair/Bonner. PG is ok with Parker/Hill and Jerrels/Gee for garbage time. SG Manu/Anderson/Hairston? SF is still a BIG need this offseason. Jefferson is still a question mark and if we do get him back we have no one else.

We won our rings with Defense and three point shooting. The Spurs system lives and dies by the three, mainly the corner. We need a defensive presence on the perimeter, currently we have NO ONE that can guard the leagues elite guards and wings. We also need three point shooters. Anderson helps but not proven yet. It will probably be hard to get a guy with shooting and D but maybe we can get two guys?

The question is how much money do we have to spend and who do you think we can get to fix these holes? IMO if we do not pick one or two more guys up we will not even be close to contending.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-13-2010, 12:26 PM
First, I have to ask why you post a thread asking something that's already being discussed in multiple other threads on the board.

I'd like to conclude by asking why you post a thread asking something that's already being discussed in multiple other threads on the board.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
:lol

dbestpro
07-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Because it's Tuesday. Tuesday is free thread starter day. Everyone gets a free pass. Pop said so. He came up with the idea the same time he thought of small ball.

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
ibtl

iManu
07-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I'd love to sign and trade RJ for a decent 3 point shooting defender and additionally get Barnes or Raja.

But, I also have been told that I live on the moon.

ajballer4
07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Also, gee and jerrels will not be third string pgs. Temple will be

8FOR!3
07-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Matt Barnes is what we need. That would make this a just about perfect offseason for the Spurs.

callo1
07-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Barnes had the IQ of a broom handle and is a thug...I'll pass.

tmtcsc
07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Why all the love for Matt Barnes ? I can understand people being enamored with what Bell USED to do in his younger days but if Barnes was really all that, he would have been picked up by now.

PDXSpursFan
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Re-sign RJ for the right price, get Barnes with remaining MLE.