PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing about the Miami collusion nobody talks about

picc84
07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Gasol collusions vs Lebron collusion.

Shit.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:03 PM
You know what will be more epic? Watching the Lakers get humbled and spanked until Kobe, who will turn 32 before the season starts, retires and Los Angeles goes back into obscurity.

Gasol = collusion

LeBron/Wade/Bosh free agent decisions = not collusion

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
it would actually be more epic to see Heat fail, I mean really now, Heat failing with Lebron, Wade, and Bosh would be as great as people would feel about Yankees failing

nkdlunch
07-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Gasol = collusion

gentlemen, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to agree with this Heat asshole

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Obviously Heat would be a bigger collusion because their are bigger stars.

But I hope for a laker collusion though..

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:17 PM
gentlemen, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to agree with this Heat asshole

I guess being a fan of the SuperTeam is going to get some hate from posters like you :lol

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 01:23 PM
You know what will be more epic? Watching the Lakers get humbled and spanked until Kobe, who will turn 32 before the season starts, retires and Los Angeles goes back into obscurity.

Gasol = collusion

Obscurity? You mean the Heat for all their existence other than ONE fluke year?

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 01:30 PM

Now you know the guy's an idiot to think the Lakers will ever be "obscure."

DenDen
07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Typical laker homers..
Shit crumbs for Pau Gasol = collusion
3 stars taking paycuts, putting aside individual stats to win ring = 2011-2020 NBA champion Miami Heat.
But don't you worry laker fanboys, Stern is a laker homer too, don't be surprise if melo n durant for Sun Yue happens..

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM

In the HEAT's 22 years of existence, they have made the playoffs 13 times, won 7 division titles, and 1 championship.

:lol:lol

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Typical laker homers..
Shit crumbs for Pau Gasol = collusion
3 stars taking paycuts, putting aside individual stats to win ring = 2011-2020 NBA champion Miami Heat.
But don't you worry laker fanboys, Stern is a laker homer too, don't be surprise if melo n durant for Sun Yue happens..

Clueless rant...

lol Sun Yue.

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
In the HEAT's 22 years of existence, they have made the playoffs 13 times, won 7 division titles, and 1 championship.

Glad to see your standards are so low. :toast

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 01:40 PM
who else here would like the see a hard cap like they have in the NHL, instead of just the Lakers and Heat being good it will help every team and the NBA could be competitive

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Now you know the guy's an idiot to think the Lakers will ever be "obscure."

1992-1996 disagree.

You're lucky Shaq was an egomaniac that wanted to make rap albums and get into films like Kazaam, otherwise any other sane player would have stayed in Orlando.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 01:44 PM
1992-1996 disagree.

You're lucky Shaq was an egomaniac that wanted to make rap albums and get into films like Kazaam, otherwise any other sane player would have stayed in Orlando.

92-96 was a down time, but the Lakers were still at least around the precipice of the playoff hunt and made the playoffs and the finals in '04. If you're going to tout your beloved Miami Heat's 13 playoff appearances like they mean anything, then well, so does the Lakers' early exits those years.

lol @ the term egomaniac and lucky being thrown around like it doesn't apply to your team.

picc84
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
http://img.fannation.com/upload/si_blog_post_images/64561/tx_cover_bigthree.jpg

bron "ill just stand back here" :lmao :lmao

Mr Bones
07-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Guys with a thousand nba conspiracy theories are worse than girls taking about their horoscopes or the times they visited psychics.

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
http://img.fannation.com/upload/si_blog_post_images/64561/tx_cover_bigthree.jpg

bron "ill just stand back here" :lmao :lmao

That is a little weird. I'll throw out the requisite "Would Jordan have ever stood in the background to Magic?"

IMO the whole "LeBron doesn't want to be the man" thing is a little overblown. He'll do great even as a "2nd banana" to Wade and may even outplay him in a deferential role. But it is all at odds with the whole "Chosen 1" mystique he's tried to cultivate.

TheManFromAcme
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM

:lol

TheManFromAcme
07-13-2010, 03:25 PM

And?

TheSullyMonster
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM

And the Spurs are irrelevant an hours drive outside of San Antonio. What's your point?:lol

xtremesteven33
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
The media is endorsing establishment instead of individuality. Join instead of fight basically....

It goes against the spirit of competition IMO

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 04:03 PM
The media is endorsing establishment instead of individuality. Join instead of fight basically....

It goes against the spirit of competition IMO

Lakers - Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Odom, Bynum

Celtics - Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo

Cavaliers - Mo Williams, 40 yr old Shaq, and Antwan Jamison

Yeah, I'd say that this ENCOURAGES competition.

Have you not paid attention the past 3 years?

3 straight NBA Finals appearances for the Lakers. You think that's because Kobe is so good? He is overrated and we all know it. It's because the Lakers are so stacked that no Western conference team even has a chance anymore.

And out EAST, the past 3 years, only time Boston didn't reach the Finals was because KG was injured.

This actually encourages competition.

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
You think that's because Kobe is so good? He is overrated and we all know it.

Yeah Kobe is overrated, but so are Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Now we should all just root for Kevin Durant he is awesome and not as overrated as players above:toast:toast

Cane
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Can't wait for the documentary.

marcflynn2009
07-13-2010, 05:12 PM

3 straight NBA Finals appearances for the Lakers. You think that's because Kobe is so good? He is overrated and we all know it. It's because the Lakers are so stacked that no Western conference team even has a chance anymore.

And out EAST, the past 3 years, only time Boston didn't reach the Finals was because KG was injured.

i agree... kobe is extremely over-rated... kobe rode the back seat when shaq was around... when shaq left, he only won 34 games... he was saved by one of the worst trades in nba history(pop said so himself)

lebron, in his rookie year... for a team that was so bad that they got first pick, led his team to 35 wins... and never looked back...

kobe has only been a winner when someone was around...

bynum is arguably one of the best centers in the league... i would say 3rd behind howard and kaman...

then he has one of the best man-to-man defenders in the league..

and this years best power forward(according to some sources)... i know spurs fans hate him... but gasol showed some of the best footwork in the game this season... of course behind duncan

kobe cant lead a team

lebron can and has already showed that

marcflynn2009
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
lebron has 2 stars by his side...

kobe has 3... and the deepest bench in the league... and the greatest coach of all time

the only difference is that lebron's stars are celebrities and that's why everyone is hating on him

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM

My guess they will win 3 or 4 (at most) over the next 6 years ...

And then the heat will be back in the basement ...

But 5 titles in 25 years IS impressive if they can do it ...

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Oh no! We will have less selfish 'me-ball' in the playoffs to be bored with...

07-13-2010, 05:58 PM
lakers and the celtics have been the most talented teams in the league for the past 3 years, and it's not even close. the talent gap between the celtics and the next best team in the EC is quite large, so large that the celtics could lose garnett and still take the second best team (magic) to seven games. the same for the lakers and the WC. since the decline of the spurs, the nuggets and the suns aren't anywhere near the lakers.

what should have been done though was the prevention of the formation of the lakers and the celtics in the first place. bringing in a more powerful miami heat only further widens the gap and does nothing to restore parity in the NBA.

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Nobody wants parity. People want excellence. And they REALLY want to see excellence crash and burn at the last second... (see 2008 Pats, 2004 Lakers etc)

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Nobody wants parity. People want excellence. And they REALLY want to see excellence crash and burn at the last second... (see 2008 Pats, 2004 Lakers etc)

well said, I love when teams crash and burn at the last second.

07-13-2010, 06:15 PM
i don't watch the NBA to root against a specific team. that's pretty retarded. fans should root for their team and hope for competitive games when watching other teams.

Basketballgirl25
07-13-2010, 06:36 PM
i don't watch the NBA to root against a specific team. that's pretty retarded. fans should root for their team and hope for competitive games when watching other teams.

I root for the Nets to win, but when they are out and not in the playoffs I root for the teams I dislike to lose first and then it doesn't matter who wins:toast

namlook
07-13-2010, 08:23 PM

No team that has only two all-stars is stacked.

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 08:38 PM
But 5 titles in 25 years IS impressive if they can do it ...

We just whacked out 10 in 30 years.

Let us proceed...

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 08:44 PM

We just whacked out 10 in 30 years.

Let us proceed...

Notice the difference in standards.

Lakers/Lakers fans don't boast about making the playoffs and division titles.

Woot@making the playoffs in the East that was woefully weak all those years.

Miami
All-Time NBA Record (NBA and BAA):
861-911 (.486)

DazedAndConfused
07-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Is anyone on here seriously going to talk shit about the success of the Laker franchise? Are you seriously that stupid???

The Lakers have set the bar for excellence in the NBA. 16 titles, best record of all time, most Final's appearances, and the list goes on and on and on.

I have no qualms with Lebron pussying out and joining a team of superstars. He can do whatever he wants, he's a free agent. It will only make Phil's last championship that much more special when we stomp on those faggots.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 08:55 PM
The Lakers have set the bar for excellence in the NBA. 16 titles, best record of all time, most Final's

I believe the Boston Celtics set the bar for excellence.

17 titles > 16 titles

Yeah, the Lakers have reached and lost in the Finals more times, so that means Boston has a better Finals winning percentage. 17 titles in 21 tries.

Also, nobody has even gotten close to equal the Celtic dominance of 1957-1969.

Let me know when the Lakers pull off 11 titles in 13 seasons.

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 08:59 PM

17 titles > 16 titles

Yeah, the Lakers have reached and lost in the Finals more times, so that means Boston has a better Finals winning percentage. 17 titles in 21 tries.

Way to compare another Franchise since you can't talk about yours. ROFL@All-time sub .500 record. Yay for below mediocrity.

Let me know when you stop jerking off to other teams since yours can't compare.

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 09:07 PM

Um, no. It increases Miami's competitiveness. But concentrating 2 of the top 3 players on 1 team and then another top 15 guy with them does the exact opposite of "encouraging competition."

Do you even understand what that phrase means?

Same applies for the Lakers, too, of course... when Gasol joined Kobe to make for two top 10-15 players on the team the exact same principle applied.

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 09:07 PM
3 straight NBA Finals appearances for the Lakers. You think that's because Kobe is so good? He is overrated and we all know it.

orly?

Riley doesn't think so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0565oawy9Ak

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 09:16 PM

17 titles > 16 titles

:lol at using ancient history from the Jim Crow era while downplaying recent and much more relevant history.

Unless you want to pull out stuff from the days of black and white TV, you can make a pretty good case that the Lakers >>> Celtics. They lead 2-1 titles in the last 3 years, 5-1 titles the last decade, 10-4 over the last three decades. And the lead is just as huge when it comes to Finals appearances, playoff appearances, winning seasons, winning pct, etc.

I'm not saying that the old era is meaningless -- it means a lot -- but you are clinging to a long-dead past as evidence of Boston's "superiority."

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM

Gasol = collusion

Unfortunately, he's right. The Gasol trade involved decisions made by franchises, which can be collusion. Decisions made by free agents, unless tampered with by franchises, aren't collusion (thus the term 'free agent'). Simple point. Obvious point. Obviously lost on the masses.

Smooth Criminal
07-13-2010, 09:25 PM

:lmaoYou know you're team hasn't been great when you count Division Titles:lmao and times made the playoffs:lmao

Smooth Criminal
07-13-2010, 09:26 PM
lebron has 2 stars by his side...

kobe has 3... and the deepest bench in the league... and the greatest coach of all time

the only difference is that lebron's stars are celebrities and that's why everyone is hating on him
Wade+Bosh>>>Pau+Bynum?+Artest?

Bandwagon Fan
07-13-2010, 10:52 PM

It's hilarious that youre actually proud of this. I bet youll be content when the Heat are bounced in the ECF too.

Also ROFL at Celtics setting the bar for excellence. 17 titles when 11 of those came from a run of titles when the NBA was less competitive, rounding out to the Celtics winning 6 titles in 40 years. In the past 20 years alone 6 other teams have had more success.