PDA

View Full Version : Zydrunas to Miami

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
RT @PDcavsinsider: According to source, Zydrunas Ilgauskas close to accepting a contract from Miami Heat. Cavs had offer for Z on tablehttp://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 01:53 PM
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

LOL Cavs

Juanobili
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Ouch man

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ

Dude quit being annoying always having to be first to post all this stuff. What?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Dude quit being annoying always having to be first to post all this stuff. What?

faggot.

resistanze
07-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow.

He didn't even donate to the kids.

lefty
07-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Cleveland :lmao

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow.

:lmao

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 01:59 PM
faggot.

What? Are you talking about youself? What? I said are you talking about yourself? What?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
What? Are you talking about youself? What? I said are you talking about yourself? What?

No, I'm talking about you.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Cleveland burning any Z jerseys?

Did they even buy any Z jerseys?

z0sa
07-13-2010, 02:01 PM
That traitor!!!

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 02:01 PM
The Cavs players sound like Detroiters: When they get old, they retire to South Beach...

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
He should've had an hour of "The Decision" too so everybody could burn his jerseys(if anybody has em) to show lebron that hes not alone.

himat
07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Wow.

:lol:lol:lol

resistanze
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Cleveland burning any Z jerseys?

Did they even buy any Z jerseys?

Most of Cleveland probably doesn't know. After all, his 'Decision' wasn't a 1-hour primetime special.

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 02:05 PM
No, I'm talking about you.

:sleep:sleep What?

bigdog
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Lol Cavs. Sucks to be you, huh?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Agent Herb Rudoy says Ilgauskas has chosen to sign with Heat. Z hopes to return & be part of #Cavs organization when his career is over.
http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/18457717214

:rollin

lefty
http://twitter.com/pdcavsinsider/status/18457717214

:rollin
rofl

spursfan1000
Wait did I miss the show?

MavDynasty
07-13-2010, 02:30 PM
:lmao

badfish22
07-13-2010, 02:31 PM

:lmao cavfan mad

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Zydrunas
Bosh/Haslem
LeBron
Wade/Miller
Chalmers

Holy fuck.

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 02:33 PM
:lmao cavfan mad

:lmao Not as mad as you probably are right now. You dealt the dust chip for Tyson? Really?

Indazone
07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Thunderdan has gone into hiding

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Zydrunas
Bosh/Haslem
LeBron
Wade/Miller
Chandler

Holy fuck.

Tyson Chandler? Dallas got him unless they have another guy by that name

The centers Miami has are 2 rookies, Joel Anthony, and now Big Z.

Trainwreck2100
07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
now nike can keep that stupid ass lebron big z barber shop commercial

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Tyson Chandler? Dallas got him unless they have another guy by that name

The centers Miami has are 2 rookies, Joel Anthony, and now Big Z.

Chalmers, my mistake.

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Heat still need a legit starting defensive center. Z/Bosh starting isn't a good thing at all on D. Z is great for a bench role. Worst case, they go out and nab Kendrick Perkins next summer when he is a free agent and his value will be low.

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Hmm. Miami's first misstep. Z was pretty bad last year and figures to be pretty much the same this year. Of course, he may end up bench fodder. But if they're really thinking he's going to give them minutes... could be a little crack in the armor.

From all accounts, Z is/was beloved in Cleveland, but this will change all that. He'll get booed right along with James when they come to town.

What happened to him wanting to keep his family there because they were settled and it was such a great place? That's all we heard about after he got traded to DC and for 30 days he pined to be back in Cleveland.

ffadicted
07-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Zydrunas
Bosh/Haslem
LeBron
Wade/Miller
Chalmers

Holy fuck.

lol

But yes, it's getting retarded... the fail when they lose to Orlando will only be greater though

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Zydrunas
Bosh/Haslem
LeBron
Wade/Miller
Chalmers

Holy fuck.

If only Big Z was still in his prime.. Then we fucked

Jloyola
07-13-2010, 03:27 PM
did Big Z get a contract offer from Cle?...

Flo-Rida
07-13-2010, 03:27 PM
lol

But yes, it's getting retarded... the fail when they lose to Orlando will only be greater though

Im sorry i think i missed the part were you go into the fucking delorean too see what happens in the future .Can you give me so more insight on whats gonna happen Doc Brown ?

crc21209
07-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Zydrunas
Bosh/Haslem
LeBron
Wade/Miller
Chalmers

Holy fuck.

So far the depth chart looks like this:

PG- Chalmers
SG- Wade/Miller
SF- LeBron
PF- Bosh/Haslem
C- Ilgauskas/most likely Joel Anthony

Now all they need is to bring in 1 more center,another PG and maybe a SF and they should be good to go...

Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
If the Heat did matchup with the Magic, this is clearly the one position where they dominate ..... Howard struggled against Sheed and Perk but he would be brought up on murder charges against Z

TheNextGen
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Big Z!!!

Champions for sure now!

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Easy.

Let Howard get his, shut down everyone else.

Howard's limited offensive capabilities are good for about 20-30 ppg.

baseline bum
07-13-2010, 04:02 PM
The Cavs should offer him $10 million to cockblock Miami.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Ilgauskas to PD: "I've been a loyal soldier for 14 years. It's time for me to go and chase my dream of winning a ring."

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

This is one of the funniest moments in NBA history..fuck Cleveland LOL..they just lost arguably the most popular Cav of all-time to their most hated enemy LOL..you can't write this shit..

This is what Cleveland deserves though..this speaks volumes on their organization, and it speaks volumes on Lebron's character, that a guy like Z would leave his home and go join King..

As for basketball-wise, it's an OK signing..Z obviously won't and shouldn't start, he will be a situational big man off the bench, which he can still do, playing 10 MPG or so..

This signing was strictly for Lebron to get Z a ring IMO..he'll contribute, but Lebron obviously cares for Ilgauskas and wants to see him win the big one..Miami is pretty much a guaranteed title, barring injuries, so good move for both sides..

MavDynasty
07-13-2010, 04:21 PM

This is one of the funniest moments in NBA history..fuck Cleveland LOL..they just lost arguably the most popular Cav of all-time to their most hated enemy LOL..you can't write this shit..

This is what Cleveland deserves though..this speaks volumes on their organization, and it speaks volumes on Lebron's character, that a guy like Z would leave his home and go join King..

As for basketball-wise, it's an OK signing..Z obviously won't and shouldn't start, he will be a situational big man off the bench, which he can still do, playing 10 MPG or so..

This signing was strictly for Lebron to get Z a ring IMO..he'll contribute, but Lebron obviously cares for Ilgauskas and wants to see him win the big one..Miami is pretty much a guaranteed title, barring injuries, so good move for both sides..

:rollin:rollin:rollin

FkLA
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Big Z's been there for like 15 yrs, through the rough years before LeBron. He's in the twilight of his career while the Cavs are rebuilding.

How exactly is this comparable to what LeBron did?

JoeTait75
07-13-2010, 04:28 PM
From all accounts, Z is/was beloved in Cleveland, but this will change all that. He'll get booed right along with James when they come to town.

I'm not so sure about that. I certainly wouldn't boo Z and I don't think a lot of other people would either. Frankly, the Cavaliers organization didn't treat him very well over the last year and I would hope people understand that- as well as the fact that he's given everything he can to the team and city since he's gotten here.

My assumption is also that he'll keep his home and family in Cleveland. I would expect him to stay here full-time when he retires- at least I hope that's the case. Not many athletes have expressed the affinity for Cleveland that Z has. We'd have to be pretty fucking petty to put that affinity in jeopardy.

I'd like to see Z back in the Cavalier organization after his career is over and, of course, I'd like to see his #11 in the rafters. He's been a good soldier long enough. He's doing what he feels is right for his career moving forward. That should be respected.

Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I certainly wouldn't boo Z and I don't think a lot of other people would either. Frankly, the Cavaliers organization didn't treat him very well over the last year and I would hope people understand that- as well as the fact that he's given everything he can to the team and city since he's gotten here.

My assumption is also that he'll keep his home and family in Cleveland. I would expect him to stay here full-time when he retires- at least I hope that's the case. Not many athletes have expressed the affinity for Cleveland that Z has. We'd have to be pretty fucking petty to put that affinity in jeopardy.

I'd like to see Z back in the Cavalier organization after his career is over and, of course, I'd like to see his #11 in the rafters. He's been a good soldier long enough. He's doing what he feels is right for his career moving forward. That should be respected.

totally agree ....... I can see dude ring chasing at the end of his career, a la, KG and Ray Allen ....... dude is well respected.

TheMACHINE
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
big z gets a pass...its ok to chase rings when you are old..

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I bet these GM's never even scout the players that they go after...

Big Z has been holding LeBron back for 6 years. He finally gets that proverbial monkey off his back... just to have that ogre follow him to Miami...

This is about as dumb as the Jazz finding Booz' clone to hold Millsap back for a few more years...

I hope Pat has the brains to keep Big Z in street clothes...

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
I bet these GM's never even scout the players that they go after...

Big Z has been holding LeBron back for 6 years. He finally gets that proverbial monkey off his back... just to have that ogre follow him to Miami...

This is about as dumb as the Jazz finding Booz' clone to hold Millsap back for a few more years...

I hope Pat has the brains to keep Big Z in street clothes...

I dont thing Big Z can hold back LeBron & Co, By coming of the bench once in a while.

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I dont thing Big Z can hold back LeBron & Co, By coming of the bench once in a while.

I agree totally... But as the roster sits, right now, Big Z is the starting center (assuming the trade is finalized)...

Kevin Durant 35
07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree totally... But as the roster sits, right now, Big Z is the starting center (assuming the trade is finalized)...

Im sure they'll find someone who can start at C. Because Big Zs mileage is big and hes not as good as he once was, so he cant really step up to the bigs in Boston, LA and Orlando.

JoeTait75
07-13-2010, 05:12 PM

If LeBron didn't want Z in Miami, Z wouldn't be in Miami.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Center by platoon, maybe.

Joel Anthony, Big Z, Magloire?

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
If LeBron didn't want Z in Miami, Z wouldn't be in Miami.
Ok, so Big Z is LeBron's friend. He isn't a bad guy. He is just clashing with LeBron's style...

Often players don't know whats best for themselves. A strong GM has to step in and separate players some times. Dantley and Isiah. Nash and Dirk.

Big Z is no Nash. He is no Dantley. He was a very good center that would have benefited from a team WITHOUT a fast break centric star... He should never have been with LeBron.

JoeTait75
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Ok, so Big Z is LeBron's friend. He isn't a bad guy. He is just clashing with LeBron's style...

Tell LeBron that. LeBron was one of the guys pushing hardest for Z to re-sign with the Cavaliers in 2005. LeBron has always liked big men who can shoot off the drive-and-kick. He's always been one of Z's biggest boosters.

And the Heat need some kind of size. IIRC Bosh doesn't want to play center down there.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 05:32 PM

:lol:lol:lol

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Tell LeBron that. LeBron was one of the guys pushing hardest for Z to re-sign with the Cavaliers in 2005. LeBron has always liked big men who can shoot off the drive-and-kick. He's always been one of Z's biggest boosters.

And the Heat need some kind of size. IIRC Bosh doesn't want to play center down there.

Again, since you seem to have missed my point: They didn't need Z to get LeBron. It wasn't that kind of situation.

My point is that, as a player, LeBron doesn't know whats good for himself. He is a player. Not a coach. Not a GM. Just because LeBron wants him doesn't mean that LeBron's game is served by playing with him. It just means LeBron likes playing with him. A meaningless metric.

JoeTait75
07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Again, since you seem to have missed my point: They didn't need Z to get LeBron. It wasn't that kind of situation.

My point is that, as a player, LeBron doesn't know whats good for himself. He is a player. Not a coach. Not a GM. Just because LeBron wants him doesn't mean that LeBron's game is served by playing with him. It just means LeBron likes playing with him. A meaningless metric.

I do get your point. But no disrespect, it doesn't matter. There was only one organization that was willing to tell LeBron what he needed, not what he wanted. But LeBron didn't want to go to Chicago.

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I do get your point. But no disrespect, it doesn't matter. There was only one organization that was willing to tell LeBron what he needed, not what he wanted. But LeBron didn't want to go to Chicago.

I understand that, but unless there was some kind of under the table 'If you want me, take Z' than this signing is disheartening. It appears, at least from a fans' standpoint, that Bosh, Wade, and Bron decided to be together regardless, and Miami was the only team who could make that happen, big Z or no big Z...

cobbler
07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
More like Wade to get Lebron and Z a ring. We all know LBJ can't win em and the pressure is just toooo much. Miami keying on offensive players. Lakers keying in on defensive players. If Miami doesn't get a solid defensive big they don't make the final much less win one. We all know defense wins rings.

Kevin Durant 35
07-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Big Z signed with heat
via LeBrons twitter

2 year for 2.8 million.

mavsfan1000
07-14-2010, 12:16 AM
More like Wade to get Lebron and Z a ring. We all know LBJ can't win em and the pressure is just toooo much. Miami keying on offensive players. Lakers keying in on defensive players. If Miami doesn't get a solid defensive big they don't make the final much less win one. We all know defense wins rings.
Wade couldn't do it be himself either. It took Shaq, Mourning, and some good role players to get it done. Oh and some help from the person with the whistle. ;)

tomtom
07-14-2010, 12:42 AM
LOL cavs

Kevin Durant 35
07-14-2010, 12:51 AM
LOL cavs

He said he'll be back after he wins a ring.

SomeCallMeTim
07-14-2010, 12:55 AM
Miami is pretty much a guaranteed title, barring injuries, so good move for both sides..

The 2004 Lakers called, they want their hyperbole back.

HarlemHeat37
07-14-2010, 01:12 AM
The 2004 Lakers called, they want their hyperbole back.

If the 2004 Lakers had Karl Malone and Gary Payton in their primes, they would have easily won the title..

Leetonidas
07-14-2010, 01:14 AM
I hate people drawing comparisons between the 2004 Lakers and the current Heat. They are NOTHING alike. Kobe and Shaq were feuding, and Shaq was at the tail end of his prime. Kobe was just entering his. And Malone and Payton were way passed theirs. Bosh, James, and Wade are all in their primes right now. Completely different.

himat
07-14-2010, 01:24 AM
I hate people drawing comparisons between the 2004 Lakers and the current Heat. They are NOTHING alike. Kobe and Shaq were feuding, and Shaq was at the tail end of his prime. Kobe was just entering his. And Malone and Payton were way passed theirs. Bosh, James, and Wade are all in their primes right now. Completely different.

Personally, I never compared them team wise. The two teams are completely different. The reason I draw comparisons between them is because every team will want to beat this Heat team like no other, just like everyone wanted to kill that Laker team.

I'm proud to say that it was that 04 Detroit Piston team that brought down those Lakers.

I'm hoping some team (because we sure as hell know Detroit won't do it:lol) will destroy that Heat team. I couldn't stand to see them win.

pauls931
07-14-2010, 07:16 AM

I agree, it's going to be a nightmare defending them. Most defenses try to take something away from a team, now you have 3 number one options, two among the top 3 or 4 in the league to worry about. Holy Crap....

YoMamaIsCallin
07-14-2010, 07:56 AM
How can they do this under the CBA? Did they get rid of Chalmers?

MiamiHeat
07-14-2010, 09:53 AM
How can they do this under the CBA? Did they get rid of Chalmers?

You can go over the cap, without penalty, when you need to fill out your empty roster. Signings must be for the veteran minimum (which changes for each player).

Sportcamper
07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Good for Big Z…Two year deal…Outstanding…

SomeCallMeTim
07-14-2010, 07:18 PM

They are a lot alike. Two of the best players in the NBA together along with a third who was still very valuable (Malone's scoring took a hit in 04 but he was actually more efficient and a much better rebounder -- he gave up shots to Shaq and Kobe).

Where the comparison breaks down IMO is that the Lakers had a short window -- ended up only being a 1-year experiment. It failed and there was never a chance at redemption.

The Heats may fail this year, but there's almost zero chance they fail long-term. They'll get titles. Probably a bunch.