PDA

View Full Version : Another TP trade rumor (to Portland)

PDXSpursFan
07-13-2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/7/13/1567408/inside-info

Shastafarian
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Miller, Bayless, and Rudy? Where do we sign?!?!?

1ytCEuuW2_A

ducks
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
there were talks about him going to portland and knicks
tp said but then pop told him he was NOT going to get traded

Bruno
07-13-2010, 02:12 PM
It's getting more and more ridiculous... :rollin

ohmwrecker
07-13-2010, 02:12 PM
"green light on TP"?

Maybe they were out of toilet paper?

PDXSpursFan
07-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Forget about Rudy & Bayless. I want Batum.

Batum
Miller
Priz (exp.)

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 02:17 PM
There is really no point of discussing rumors to be honest.

ohmwrecker
07-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Not Andre Miller. No.

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Not Andre Miller. No.

Why? He may be old but he can sure still ball, the only weakness is that he dosen't really have his 3pt jumpshot, but he can still pass it at a high level.

PDXSpursFan
07-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Not Andre Miller. No.

He's solid. Plus expiring.

MaNu4Tres
07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Andre Miller/ Bayliss/Fernandez for TP

:vomit:

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
That's a crappy trade. If they are going to trade Parker, they can do much better than that. Hold onto him until February.

bigdog
07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Interesting if true.

ohmwrecker
07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
If Brandon Roy or Lamarcus Aldridge are not in the deal, forget it.

bigdog
07-13-2010, 02:23 PM
If Brandon Roy or Lamarcus Aldridge are not in the deal, forget it.

I would kill to have LaMarcus Aldridge on the Spurs.

PDXSpursFan
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I would kill to have LaMarcus Aldridge on the Spurs.

NO need for LMA now that we have Splitter. I'm fine with the trade if Batum is included. :toast

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
That's a crappy trade. If they are going to trade Parker, they can do much better than that. Hold onto him until February.

:tu

By then it should be clear whether or not there's an actual fire under all the smoke of rumors that he wants out of SA. That would also provide time for the Spurs and Parker to work out an extension if he does not. In addition, another half season will be in the books, which might incline the Spurs towards a more aggressive overhaul of the team. And, of course, they could find someone willing to overpay. There's no need to make a move now, the desires of internets GMs be damned.

Ditty
07-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Fernandez,bayless or miller and batum would be the only deal i would go for

Bukefal
07-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Ive seen so much lately, all the ridiculous crap. Parker isnt going anywhere. He is staying here and wants to stay.

But man, after all this Ive come to the point that I actually want him to go, or let me say it this way; I actually wont mind him going. After all the bullshit and hate he is getting and always got from Spurs fans, he deserves better. Maybe he'll find it with another team.

:corn:
these rumors are amusing though

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 02:46 PM
I'd hate to see him go, but it's a business and it's his life. He stuck around, even with Holt Cat balking at giving him a well deserved extension. Yes, Parker tends to get the most shit of the Big 3 on this board, but that doesn't mean much. Many on this board also freak out about the rumors of a relatively small contract given to the team's fifth big.

cantthinkofanything
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I'd hate to see him go, but it's a business and it's his life. He stuck around, even with Holt Cat balking at giving him a well deserved extension. Yes, Parker tends to get the most shit of the Big 3 on this board, but that doesn't mean much. Many on this board also freak out about the rumors of a relatively small contract given to the team's fifth big.

Boooooooo. You're not a real fan.
All you've done is complain today. You should go rescue a dog from the pound. It will give you a better outlook.

smrattler
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM

By then it should be clear whether or not there's an actual fire under all the smoke of rumors that he wants out of SA. That would also provide time for the Spurs and Parker to work out an extension if he does not. In addition, another half season will be in the books, which might incline the Spurs towards a more aggressive overhaul of the team. And, of course, they could find someone willing to overpay. There's no need to make a move now, the desires of internets GMs be damned.

Damn, you went through every scenario except the possibility of the best scenario:

A half season in shows this team is kicking ass, a real contender, primed for a championship run, don't want to trade Parker, and the feeling is mutual!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

baseline bum
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Miller, Bayless, and Rudy? Where do we sign?!?!?

I'd rather lose him for nothing in free agency.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I still want to believe that Parker's comments to the newspaper were bluster and positioning for an extension, and that all the other stuff is just people making shit up based on that. Nothing bad for the Spurs can happen keeping him on the team until the trade deadline.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Duncan & Pop have two years left and Manu has three. Unless Splitter turns out to be something more than Scola, it's hard to blame TP for thinking about his career after TD, Pop, & Manu. TP is the only one out of the Big 3 + Pop who is still in the prime of his career and is not about to hang it up.

Shastafarian
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I'd rather lose him for nothing in free agency.

I'm not one of these guys expecting a legit superstar + role players/draft picks for TP. But David Kahn's dingleberries could do better than Miller + Bayless + Rudy.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I still want to believe that Parker's comments to the newspaper were bluster and positioning for an extensionI think it was merely a typically blunt Tony Parker response.

ElNono
07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-02-06/1233946112275.jpg

timvp
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I doubt there's any validity to this "rumor" ... but if there is, the player the Spurs would want back in such a trade would be Batum. No one else on the Blazers makes much sense at all. Batum, on the other hand, is that defender/three-point shooter the Spurs could use at small forward. (Thinking about it a little further, the Blazers getting Matthews would hypothetically make Batum expendable.)

If there is any smoke to this fire, it'd be Parker for Batum, Bayless and Przybilla. Przybilla is on the last year of his contract and since he's out long-term with a knee injury, his salary would be covered by insurance. Bayless would mostly be needed to match salaries.

Would I do this trade? No. Batum could be really good but for the next year or two, the Spurs would be much worse. This trade would basically be waving the white flag on the Duncan era.

Pauleta14
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Ive seen so much lately, all the ridiculous crap. Parker isnt going anywhere. He is staying here and wants to stay.

But man, after all this Ive come to the point that I actually want him to go, or let me say it this way; I actually wont mind him going. After all the bullshit and hate he is getting and always got from Spurs fans, he deserves better. Maybe he'll find it with another team.

:corn:
these rumors are amusing though

+1000000000

That's what I've been thinking for months now!

what a bad/injured year can do...

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Would I do this trade? No. Batum could be really good but for the next year or two, the Spurs would be much worse. This trade would basically be waving the white flag on the Duncan era.

Do you believe the Duncan era is over in two years no matter what?

Cane
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Imo if Tony Parker really wants to be traded then you gotta do it. Having your star PG not being happy is destined for failure and not good for the locker room. It'd be Michael Finley or Roger Mason Jr. x10000 especially since Parker is much more blunt.

tdunk21
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
give brandon roy instead of rudy/miller ......i wwould be willing to trade tony and eva....:lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Any Parker trade to Portland that didn't bring us back at least one of Roy, Batum, or Aldridge would be dumb.

SenorSpur
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Forget about Rudy & Bayless. I want Batum.

Batum
Miller
Priz (exp.)

Amen on Batum. :tu

Though if TP is indeed traded, I'd probably rather have Bayless, instead of Miller as the PG of the future. Though Miller is an expiring contract, Bayless is younger and cheaper.

I will reiterate, that in any Portland scenario, Batum MUST be included.

Batum
Pryzbilla
Bayless
1st round pick

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
I think it was merely a typically blunt Tony Parker response.

Allow me to expand: I agree with you that he was just being himself and saying how he felt at the time he was asked, but I don't think it means he's absolutely not going to entertain the idea of an extension. I'm sure he knew the Spurs would get wind of what he was saying so he decided to be honest and see what reaction he got out of it.

pad300
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
I doubt there's any validity to this "rumor" ... but if there is, the player the Spurs would want back in such a trade would be Batum. No one else on the Blazers makes much sense at all. Batum, on the other hand, is that defender/three-point shooter the Spurs could use at small forward. (Thinking about it a little further, the Blazers getting Matthews would hypothetically make Batum expendable.)

If there is any smoke to this fire, it'd be Parker for Batum, Bayless and Przybilla. Przybilla is on the last year of his contract and since he's out long-term with a knee injury, his salary would be covered by insurance. Bayless would mostly be needed to match salaries.

1) If you're "waving the white flag on the Duncan era", the team wouldn't also consider Oden as a possible return vice Batum.

2) While Miller isn't TP, he is a decent enough PG, that we could compete for a championship with him if the other positions were strong enough. I would be extremely surprised with any TP trade that didn't have a starter level PG coming back (or arriving in an immediately associated deal).

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
If there is any smoke to this fire, it'd be Parker for Batum, Bayless and Przybilla. Przybilla is on the last year of his contract and since he's out long-term with a knee injury, his salary would be covered by insurance. Bayless would mostly be needed to match salaries.I think Miller would be in the trade instead of Przybilla. Someone has to play the point.

timvp
07-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Do you believe the Duncan era is over in two years no matter what?

Probably. Three years is probably the max.

ChumpDumper
Allow me to expand: I agree with you that he was just being himself and saying how he felt at the time he was asked, but I don't think it means he's absolutely not going to entertain the idea of an extension. I'm sure he knew the Spurs would get wind of what he was saying so he decided to be honest and see what reaction he got out of it.I think the Spurs probably already know his feelings.

Marcus Bryant
Rising stars and picks if you move any of the Big 3.

Cane
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
1) If you're "waving the white flag on the Duncan era", the team wouldn't also consider Oden as a possible return vice Batum.

2) While Miller isn't TP, he is a decent enough PG, that we could compete for a championship with him if the other positions were strong enough. I would be extremely surprised with any TP trade that didn't have a starter level PG coming back (or arriving in an immediately associated deal).

3) If Tony Parker really wants to be traded then he's not good to have and would likely hurt the team on and off the court.

timvp
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I think Miller would be in the trade instead of Przybilla. Someone has to play the point.

If the Spurs are moving Parker, part of their thinking would have to be that Hill is ready to be the PG. Otherwise, trading Parker makes no sense unless he's being swapped for CP3.

Miller, IMO, would be a horrible fit. No jumper, too slow to defend and whines if he's not allowed to totally control the offense.

Gooshie
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM

IF this rumor is true, I don't think SA would trade Parker and not get a starting PG back in return. I hope the team knows that GHill is not a PG. Therefore, I think it would be Parker for Batum, Bayless, and Miller OR Batum, Fernandez, and Miller. Either way, I think Miller would have to be included. He has a few years left on his contract and he is 34, so one would question if Holt would sign off on the deal.

From a Portland perspective, I don't think they agree to the deal without giving Miller up. Why would they want Parker and Miller on the same roster?

One positive about Miller is he almost never misses a game due to injury. I'm not saying I would be in favor of the deal, but I just don't see how Miller wouldn't be included.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Probably. Three years is probably the max.

That would make sense. Pop & TD return to join Manu in his last year if the team is strong enough to seriously contend. Otherwise, it's a fond farewell and time to start draft prospect threads in December.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
If the Spurs are moving Parker, part of their thinking would have to be that Hill is ready to be the PG.Talk about waving the white flag...

Miller would be a horrible fit in your opinion, but what would the Spurs think?

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
It would be strange to see the Spurs extend Manu, yet deal Parker for what would be a rebuilding package (young player + picks). I suppose the Spurs want to ensure that they can still sell tix while Duncan's still playing and they needed to keep at least one of Manu and Parker around.

sananspursfan21
07-13-2010, 03:24 PM
if tony's gonna be traded i hope i see better than that. teams that are full of spurs type players are teams like wizards, bucks, rockets (ya i said it), pacers. i don't like the teams that seem to always be in the rumors. must have something to do with the financial situation.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I think the Spurs probably already know his feelings.

Then Parker's just determined to leave. Okay then. Let's ship his ass out immediately.

timvp
07-13-2010, 03:25 PM
That would make sense. Pop & TD return to join Manu in his last year if the team is strong enough to seriously contend. Otherwise, it's a fond farewell and time to start draft prospect threads in December.

:lol Yeah, exactly.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 03:25 PM
If the Spurs are moving Parker, part of their thinking would have to be that Hill is ready to be the PG.

And there would be the white flag on the Duncan era.

FkLA
07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Are yall kidding? I dont expect it to happen but Id take Bayless, Miller, and Fernandez for Parker in a heartbeat...Miller can come right in and step in at the point. Has been consistantly called the most underrated PG in the NBA by his peers. Bayless has star written all over him, check the game Portland stole from us here in SA this past season and just about every other game where Roy was out and Bayless got big minutes. Dude performed and he's still like 21 or 22, our PG of the future right there. Rudy is Rudy, a quality player with good range capable of starting. Again its likely not happening but yalls reactions are laughable.

This reminds me of last off-season when people suggested Rondo&Perkins for Parker&Mahinmi and Spur fans laughed it off...talk about homers.

ChumpDumper
Then Parker's just determined to leave.What makes you say that?

Spurstalkers are famous for reading way too much into brief quotes.

timvp
Talk about waving the white flag...True.

Miller would be a horrible fit in your opinion, but what would the Spurs think?Probably the same. You don't trade Parker to open up room for Hill only to bring in a PG who doesn't fit and who doesn't like playing a defined role.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
This reminds me of last off-season when people suggested Rondo&Perkins for Parker&Mahinmi and Spur fans laughed it off...talk about homers.I don't think you know why we were laughing at that trade.

coachmac87
07-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Roy for Parker...only trade i do with Portland.

Shastafarian
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Are yall kidding? I dont expect it to happen but Id take Bayless, Miller, and Fernandez for Parker in a heartbeat...We're thankful you're not in the FO.

Miller can come right in and step in at the point. Has been consistantly called the most underrated PG in the NBA by his peers.Welcome to 2005. Miller will be 35 by the time the playoffs start next year and his assist numbers have been declining since 2006.

Bayless has star written all over him, check the game Portland stole from us here in SA this past season and just about every other game where Roy was out and Bayless got big minutes.He's not a true PG. That would leave Hill running the point. In other words...no.

Dude performed and he's still like 21 or 22, our PG of the future right there.For a PG he really sucks at dishing the ball. He also isn't a very good shooter.

Rudy is Rudy, a quality player with good range capable of starting.Is that why he doesn't start for Portland?

Again its likely not happening but yalls reactions are laughable. Something's laughable...

timvp
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
If you are going to trade Parker, why trade him now and sell him low? Wait until the All-Star break. By then, his value should be rather high.

And even if the Spurs are convinced he wants to leave in the offseason, holding onto him might still be the smart move. First of all, in the new CBA, who knows if any team will be able to sign him next summer. Secondly, as we've seen this summer, it's easy to get a trade exception back. Getting a big trade exception is better than a scrub package of Miller/Bayless/Fernandez. Third and most importantly, it gives the Spurs the best chances of winning now and then figuring out in the summer if the Big 3 is still capable of winning.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:33 PM
True.

Probably the same. You don't trade Parker to open up room for Hill only to bring in a PG who doesn't fit and who doesn't like playing a defined role.Conversely, you don't trade Tony when there is no one left to play the point. I don't see Hill and Bayliss as the point guard tandem for a contender for the next two seasons. I believe Miller's contract has a team option after this season, so it's another chip if there is any time left before the deadline in case he's not wanted/doesn't work out/Hill-Bayliss is the shit.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
What makes you say that?

I didn't say it, you did. I suggested that Parker spoke his mind to play the media in order to get the Spurs to the table. You said that they already knew how he felt. Therefore, he must just be telling everyone that he's gone next year and there was no subtext.

timvp
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't see Hill ... as the point guard ... for a contender for the next two seasons.

Agreed. And that's why I don't think Parker should be traded unless it's no-brainer type deal. If the Spurs think Hill is a championship level point guard for whatever reason, then that's why they would trade TP. I can't imagine they'd trade TP just to trade him.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
I didn't say it, you did. I suggested that Parker spoke his mind to play the media in order to get the Spurs to the table. You said that they already knew how he felt. Therefore, he must just be telling everyone that he's gone next year and there was no subtext.No, he was answering a question that was asked.

His answer was not directed to the Spurs.

If he answered the question this way: "I will be gone next season," then you can say he said he will be gone next season.

Did he say that?

FkLA
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't think you know why we were laughing at that trade.

The trade didnt have much chance of happening, sure. Didnt stop a bunch of you homers from coming in and saying that the Spurs would be retarded to make that deal though.

We're thankful you're not in the FO.
Welcome to 2005. Miller will be 35 by the time the playoffs start next year and his assist numbers have been declining since 2006.

Miller's game has never been about speed, he's a pass-first PG that manages games extremely well. Obviously he isnt in his prime but he also isnt suddenly going to fall of a cliff, he can fill in for a year or two while Bayless develops.

He's not a true PG. That would leave Hill running the point. In other words...no.
For a PG he really sucks at dishing the ball. He also isn't a very good shooter.Hey that sounds just like a guy named Tony Paker who's a scoring PG and doesnt really shoot the ball very well.

Is that why he doesn't start for Portland?
Something's laughable...Portland being so deep along with injuries probably has something to do with that. Batum aka Pippen 2.0 whom Spurs fans are in love with doesnt even start if Im not mistaken...I simply said he's capable of starting though. Something you really cant deny.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
The trade didnt have much chance of happening, sure. Didnt stop a bunch of you homers from coming in and saying that the Spurs would be retarded to make that deal though.And you have carried that chip on your shoulder ever since.

Shastafarian
07-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Did you just compare Parker to Bayless?

:lol

Just in Parker's second year he was shooting 46% to Bayless's 41% and was averaging 3 more assists per game

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
If you are going to trade Parker, why trade him now and sell him low? Wait until the All-Star break. By then, his value should be rather high.

Agreed. Also, Parker is the one player for whom you will be most likely to get a great rebuilding package (I think I just threw up a little). Duncan and Manu are nearing the end of their careers and Duncan won't be moved/won't want to be moved (IMO). Parker is in his prime. Whatever the Spurs get for Parker, it could mean the difference between an extended rebuilding period and a shorter one.

And even if the Spurs are convinced he wants to leave in the offseason, holding onto him might still be the smart move. First of all, in the new CBA, who knows if any team will be able to sign him next summer.

True. From what I understand, Stern publicly wants to make the next CBA even more friendly to smaller market teams.

Secondly, as we've seen this summer, it's easy to get a trade exception back. Getting a big trade exception is better than a scrub package of Miller/Bayless/Fernandez.

Yes. Moving Parker is a decision to start rebuilding now. Parker should command at least one budding all-star talent and a likely lottery pick, or an established star. I could see the Spurs choosing either type.

Third and most importantly, it gives the Spurs the best chances of winning now and then figuring out in the summer if the Big 3 is still capable of winning.

Yes. Splitter + the remainder of their offseason moves might be enough to move the Spurs back into serious contender status, or make them competitive enough such that the box office doesn't suffer for the next couple of years. I think this is the greatest concern for the Spurs, being stuck with a large payroll long after they are a playoff team.

Shastafarian
07-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Let's trade away our best trade chip for an aging, egotistical PG; a mediocre, egotistical SG; and a guy who shoots 41% from the floor and averaged under 2.5 assists per game

anakha
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey that sounds just like a guy named Tony Paker who's a scoring PG and doesnt really shoot the ball very well.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerryd_bayless/
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_parker/

Bayless shoots 41% from the field, Parker shoots nearly 49%.

Next time, have an idea of what you're talking about, thanks.

FkLA
07-13-2010, 03:49 PM
And you have carried that chip on your shoulder ever since.

No, not really. I just find if funny...Parker is a proven player but he still isnt a franchise player. He has one-year left on his contract and has made it clear that he intends to test FA. What exactly do Spur fans expect to get out of him?

Did you just compare Parker to Bayless?

:lol

Just in Parker's second year he was shooting 46% to Bayless's 41% and was averaging 3 more assists per game

Their games, not their track record. Or are you going to tell me Parker isnt a scoring PG and that he has a good shot? Besides Bayless has played significantly less minutes, he wasnt given the reins like Parker was. When he's received time though he's performed. Parker is better but its really not a fair comparison either way.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM
No, not really. I just find if funny...Parker is a proven player but he still isnt a franchise player. He has one-year left on his contract and has made it clear that he intends to test FA. What exactly do Spur fans expect to get out of him? Something better than that package.

Shastafarian
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Their games, not their track record. Or you going to tell me Parker isnt a scoring PG and that he has a good shot? Besides Bayless has played significantly less minutes, he wasnt given the reins like Parker was. When he's received time though he's performed. Parker is better but its really not a fair comparison either way.

Parker converts. His shooting % tells us that. Bayless has a shit shooting %. So he doesn't convert not matter how many minutes he gets.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
No, he was answering a question that was asked.

His answer was not directed to the Spurs.

If he answered the question this way: "I will be gone next season," then you can say he said he will be gone next season.

Did he say that?

He said he was looking forward to his next career with another team, and that he didn't want an extension. If you're correct and Tony Parker possesses no media-awareness and just spouts out truths when there's a microphone in his face, then he's gone next season.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Let's trade away our best trade chip for an aging, egotistical PG; a mediocre, egotistical SG; and a guy who shoots 41% from the floor and averaged under 2.5 assists per game

And to do so BEFORE said trade chip has a shot at his contract year, which could be huge for both his trade value and the team might not be wise.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Miller's game has never been about speed, he's a pass-first PG that manages games extremely well. Obviously he isnt in his prime but he also isnt suddenly going to fall of a cliff, he can fill in for a year or two while Bayless develops.

Miller can't defend, can't shoot, and his assist numbers are tanking on a team where half the time all he has to do it pass it to Roy or Aldridge for a jumper.

In short, he sucks.

Hey that sounds just like a guy named Tony Paker who's a scoring PG and doesnt really shoot the ball very well.

You just showed you don't know what you're talking about.

Portland being so deep along with injuries probably has something to do with that. Batum aka Pippen 2.0 whom Spurs fans are in love with doesnt even start if Im not mistaken...I simply said he's capable of starting though. Something you really cant deny.

You also can't deny that a 35 year old point guard who can't play D and can't shoot is a horrible guy to come into SA and be the starting point if you care about winning any more in the Duncan era.

FkLA
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Parker converts. His shooting % tells us that. Bayless has a shit shooting %. So he doesn't convert not matter how many minutes he gets.

17 mpg, practically as a rookie since he rarely saw the court his first year...Parker shot 42% his rookie year as starter getting big minutes. Give Bayless some time. In the playoffs, playing regular minutes (28 mpg), two games starting because of Roy's injuries:

13.5 ppg, 4 apg, 3 rpg, 43% FG, 40% 3pt

The kid has a bright future.

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Bayless isn't that good, he's very overrated as a prospect, just like most Portland prospects..

As I continue to say..trading Parker makes absolutely no sense..if the Spurs trade him, they're waving the white flag, because no GM in the NBA would be stupid enough to trade a potential franchise player for Tony Parker on an expiring contract..if you aren't looking to the future, then you're looking at it from a present perspective, and the Spurs won't get anybody that could produce better than Parker can at the moment..

Portland isn't going to trade Roy, so the only other player I would want is Oden, and Portland isn't stupid enough to trade him for Parker..

ChumpDumper
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
He said he was looking forward to his next career with another team, and that he didn't want an extension. If you're correct and Tony Parker possesses no media-awareness and just spouts out truths when there's a microphone in his face, then he's gone next season.So that isn't the direct quote.

Shastafarian
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
17 mpg, practically as a rookie since he rarely saw the court his first year...Parker shot 42% his rookie year as starter getting big minutes. Give Bayless some time. In the playoffs, playing regular minutes (28 mpg), two games starting because of Roy's injuries:

13.5 ppg, 4 apg, 3 rpg, 43% FG, 40% 3pt

The kid has a bright future.
Not as a point guard

FkLA
07-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Not as a point guard

He has the potential to be very good scoring PG.

Isnt that basically what Parker is?

oligarchy
07-13-2010, 04:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5186053

"Again, I want to make it clear: I want to stay in San Antonio," Parker said Wednesday, according to the Express-News. "My heart is in San Antonio. But it doesn't seem to matter what I say. The rumors get worse and worse, and as I go through my free-agent year, I know there will be even more."

"I'm happy in San Antonio," Parker said, according to the report. "My wife and I are very happy. I built my home base here, so why wouldn't I want to be here?"

Duncan2177
07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
http://jasonjeffrey.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Quick fix to all that, Tony: Sign an extension.

dbestpro
07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
"So if they don't match we have a green light on TP"

I heard Pop talking on the phone and he was laughing about the recent rumor of Tony Parker going to Portland. He said coach Nate was referring to the custom toilets they were putting in the locker room. The toilets are green and the toilet paper they ordered is blue. He wants to put green lights on the blue paper so they will match.

elbamba
07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe for Rudy, Batum, Bayless and a future 1st rounder

blizz
07-13-2010, 04:49 PM
NO need for LMA now that we have Splitter. I'm fine with the trade if Batum is included. :toast

You're not seriously comparing Splitter to Aldrige are you? What a joke. I'd do TP for LA straight up....ok maybe LA and Bayless.

sinok
07-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Guys,

Do you really think a guy like Parker would have agreed to skip the Worlds with the NT if he was in the mindset of leaving...

No effing way. By skipping the worlds he is doing what is required to sign back with the spurs, otherwise he would have laughed at the requirement of the spurs and would have been in Turkey at the end of the summer...

Agloco
07-13-2010, 06:45 PM
I'd do TP for LA straight up....ok maybe LA and Bayless.

What a joke.

I agree, both trades you outlined are a joke.

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Guys,

Do you really think a guy like Parker would have agreed to skip the Worlds with the NT if he was in the mindset of leaving...

No effing way. By skipping the worlds he is doing what is required to sign back with the spurs, otherwise he would have laughed at the requirement of the spurs and would have been in Turkey at the end of the summer...

Parker made it pretty clear today that he wants to stay. That interview probably deserves its own thread.

blizz
07-14-2010, 12:55 AM
I agree, both trades you outlined are a joke.

fuck you

Cane
07-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Parker made it pretty clear today that he wants to stay. That interview probably deserves its own thread.

Are you talking about this May article?: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5186053

mudyez
07-14-2010, 01:05 AM
can't wait for that "the decition" show in about 12 months, where suddenly Pop comes in and sais to Parker: "DARE YOU!!!"

Parker: "Ok boss!"

tuncaboylu
07-14-2010, 01:23 AM
I honestly can't understand why every blogger's fantasies are taking their place as rumor.

I don't know who'is the author of that article but I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have any insider information.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Out of curiosity, when was the last trade in which the team that got the best player ( of the traded ones ) got worse value than the team that got lesser players/potential?

EricB
07-14-2010, 01:49 AM
but but but parker hates SA wants to live in New York! His wife is making him! He's all about hollywood!!!!

:rolleyes

slick'81
07-14-2010, 02:24 AM
now thats a shitty "rumor"

Obstructed_View
07-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Are you talking about this May article?: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5186053

God dammit. I looked at the day but not the month. :lol Yes, that's the one I meant. I was all excited about it too. :bang

will_spurs
07-14-2010, 04:07 AM
I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

What is clear so far:
- Parker wants to stay
- Parker wants a max contract
- we have no clue what the Spurs want

Several possiblities:

a) the Spurs want Tony Parker to stay, and are willing to pay max price. That could be consistent with e.g. asking RJ to opt out and signing to a longer term, lower contract to clear some space.

b) the Spurs want Tony Parker to stay, and aren't willing to pay max price, or not willing to give him an extension right now. This is consistent with Parker then going to the press and claiming he is ready to test the FA market next year and that if he has to move, he will. Just some basic technique to muscle up the negotiation, i.e. "I am not afraid to walk"

c) the Spurs don't want to keep Tony Parker after the end of his contract, but would probably want to get something in return. In this case it goes through an extension and a trade. All bets are off, but I feel this is highly unlikely.

Spursfanfromafar
07-14-2010, 04:23 AM
I am absolutely amused by these silly Trade Parker threads. The Spurs are not some rebuilding team that has to give up family gold to recoup talent for the long term. They are in a "win now" mode for sometime now and are in the mix for the championship even if they lag the Lakers in the WC and possibly the new Heat.

If indeed the worry is about Parker leaving for nothing, the only trades that should be considered are ones, which will keep the chances of championship intact. Does this silly trade rumor keep them alive? Far from it.

The only trades I would make of Parker now are if we get a superstar in return. A CP3 for e.g.

jermaine
07-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Look you silly as Parker fans! His ass is good as gone! Matthews got signed for a reason! Rudy & Miller will be traded to the Spurs(which I think Miller is a savey vet we need). The only thing holding up this trade his the 3rd person in this trade. The Blazers wants to give up Bayless but the Spurs wants Batum. They're at a syare down to see who's gone break 1st, & this can play out all the way up to the dam tradin deadline. So STFU about Parker!

Josepatches_
07-14-2010, 05:56 AM
If the Spurs are moving Parker, part of their thinking would have to be that Hill is ready to be the PG. Otherwise, trading Parker makes no sense unless he's being swapped for CP3.

Miller, IMO, would be a horrible fit. No jumper, too slow to defend and whines if he's not allowed to totally control the offense.

If Parker goes elsewhere next year who will be the PG? Are they going to sign CP3?
We couldn't have a PG next year so we'd need to find one pg anyway.Moving Parker wouldn't be thinking Hill is ready.

I'm tired of all the "you can't trade parker because Hill is not a PG". Maybe it's true,maybe not but Tony could go anyway so we have to explore all the ways.
It's not as if Tony had 4 more years signed.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-14-2010, 06:07 AM
If Parker goes elsewhere next year who will be the PG? Are they going to sign CP3?
We couldn't have a PG next year so we'd need to find one pg anyway.Moving Parker wouldn't be thinking Hill is ready.

I'm tired of all the "you can't trade parker because Hill is not a PG". Maybe it's true,maybe not but Tony could go anyway so we have to explore all the ways.
It's not as if Tony had 4 more years signed.

In the eventual possibility that we lose Parker to free agency next summer, then we could acquire a TE, the size of his first year contract with his eventual new team, which would mean the Spurs would have plenty of cap space to get a PG.

How hard is it to understand that trading him for 50c on the dollar is worse than getting a large TE next summer? The winner of each trade is the team that gets the best player out of those that are traded. In this case, unless Portland are dumb enough to offer us Roy, which they won't, a trade with them makes no sense for the Spurs in regards to their championship chances for the next 2 seasons.

jermaine
07-14-2010, 06:16 AM
In the eventual possibility that we lose Parker to free agency next summer, then we could acquire a TE, the size of his first year contract with his eventual new team, which would mean the Spurs would have plenty of cap space to get a PG.

How hard is it to understand that trading him for 50c on the dollar is worse than getting a large TE next summer? The winner of each trade is the team that gets the best player out of those that are traded. In this case, unless Portland are dumb enough to offer us Roy, which they won't, a trade with them makes no sense for the Spurs in regards to their championship chances for the next 2 seasons.

I didn't know about the "TE" thing whateva that is but it sounds good! Who could b a realistic sign for us for this TE you think. Seriously

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-14-2010, 06:20 AM
I didn't know about the "TE" thing whateva that is but it sounds good! Who could b a realistic sign for us for this TE you think. Seriously

TE is trade exception. No idea who the Spurs could get next summer,IMO Parker will stay, but just yesterday Utah used the TE they acquired in the Boozer to Chicago trade to get Al Jefferson by sending only Koufos back to Minnesota.

jermaine
07-14-2010, 06:36 AM
TE is trade exception. No idea who the Spurs could get next summer,IMO Parker will stay, but just yesterday Utah used the TE they acquired in the Boozer to Chicago trade to get Al Jefferson by sending only Koufos back to Minnesota.

I liked that move! I'm on some KeepParkerorlethimwalk.com shit right now! Lol.

K-State Spur
07-14-2010, 07:08 AM
I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

What is clear so far:
- Parker wants to stay
- Parker wants a max contract
- we have no clue what the Spurs want

Several possiblities:

a) the Spurs want Tony Parker to stay, and are willing to pay max price. That could be consistent with e.g. asking RJ to opt out and signing to a longer term, lower contract to clear some space.

b) the Spurs want Tony Parker to stay, and aren't willing to pay max price, or not willing to give him an extension right now. This is consistent with Parker then going to the press and claiming he is ready to test the FA market next year and that if he has to move, he will. Just some basic technique to muscle up the negotiation, i.e. "I am not afraid to walk"

c) the Spurs don't want to keep Tony Parker after the end of his contract, but would probably want to get something in return. In this case it goes through an extension and a trade. All bets are off, but I feel this is highly unlikely.

You can't talk about a pending FA for next year without mentioning the lockout and the strong possibility that - if the team is patient - a max contract for Parker signed in the offseason may not be anywhere near as large as a max contract extension signed now.

ChuckD
07-14-2010, 07:35 AM

This. He basically threw a shit fit when asked to play within the Portland system last year. There were dust ups at practice between him and McMillan. He's a poor shooting/ball dominating PG, a bad fit to turn over the keys to this offense to.

ChuckD
07-14-2010, 07:38 AM
You can't talk about a pending FA for next year without mentioning the lockout and the strong possibility that - if the team is patient - a max contract for Parker signed in the offseason may not be anywhere near as large as a max contract extension signed now.

That's a hazard BOTH ways, though. The MAX may be lower, which benefits the Spurs, but he's unrestricted, which means if he's unhappy at anything, not necessarily the Spurs but maybe the new CBA, he could walk away in a fit of pique.

lotr1trekkie
07-14-2010, 08:31 AM
TP for another star. Forget 3 role players for one of the premier pg's in the NBA.

barbacoataco
07-14-2010, 08:34 AM
This. He basically threw a shit fit when asked to play within the Portland system last year. There were dust ups at practice between him and McMillan. He's a poor shooting/ball dominating PG, a bad fit to turn over the keys to this offense to.

This is not true. Miller was upset because Brandon Roy was demanding that he get more touches, and it made it hard for Miller to do his job as PG when everything had to go through Roy. In fact, Portland started to do better as the Miller got more control of the offense as the season went on. Also, Miller played great in the playoffs. He's good, but not good enough to replace Parker.

dbestpro
07-14-2010, 08:54 AM
"So if they don't match we have a green light on TP"

I heard Pop talking on the phone and he was laughing about the recent rumor of Tony Parker going to Portland. He said coach Nate was referring to the custom toilets they were putting in the locker room. The toilets are green and the toilet paper they ordered is blue. He wants to put green lights on the blue paper so they will match.

It's not about Parker. He was referring to the lavatory.

K-State Spur
07-14-2010, 09:42 AM
That's a hazard BOTH ways, though. The MAX may be lower, which benefits the Spurs, but he's unrestricted, which means if he's unhappy at anything, not necessarily the Spurs but maybe the new CBA, he could walk away in a fit of pique.

The max WILL be lower, and while it does open the Spurs up to risk by letting him hit the market - the new CBA will likely still allow them to offer him more than any opposing team.

One of Stern's goals has always been to make changing teams in free agency less lucrative for the players. Until this offseason, he had been pretty successful with the last CBA.

coyotes_geek
07-14-2010, 10:09 AM
The max WILL be lower, and while it does open the Spurs up to risk by letting him hit the market - the new CBA will likely still allow them to offer him more than any opposing team.

Now that I think about it, when the CBA that created the maximum contract was enacted it included some kind of a grandfather clause for all the players already in the NBA. I think it was something like teams could offer you the max, or 105% of your previous salary, whichever was higher. This kept guys like Shaq and KG who were already making more than what the max was going to be from getting forced in to taking paycuts.

If the new CBA included a similar provision, something which I think the players association would fight for, then the new CBA may not be as big a risk to guys like Tony after all.

silk
07-14-2010, 05:52 PM
TP's friend Thierry Henry ( superstar french soccer player) will play in New York next year. Maybe another incentive for him to go there

Kindergarten Cop
07-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Now that Utah has confirmed that it will not match the offer for Matthews, I guess McMillan now has the green light on that trade for Tony Parker. :lol

Nathan89
07-15-2010, 12:07 AM
If we were going to trade tp to portland, then I would take nothing less than batum, fernandez, oden, and bayless.

8FOR!3
07-15-2010, 12:12 AM
lol at the Andre Miller hate, TP has said in an interview that Miller's the most underrated PG in the NBA...

SpurCharger
07-15-2010, 12:18 AM
ill take Batum, Rudy Fernandez, And andre Miller.....