PDA

View Full Version : Kobe recruiting Kurt Thomas

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Per 710 ESPN/John Ireland

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
You guys are getting the perfect backup C if he goes there. That'll make my decision easy regarding who I'd cheer for between LA/Miami

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM
You a big KThomas fan?

Yeah, he is a perfect backup. Looks like Lakers are looking for another tough, hard-nosed vet who won't be scared of big games.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM
No surprise here

The Copycat just copying the leaders he's supposed to copy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-13-2010, 04:18 PM
You a big KThomas fan?

huge :lol

It's for a really random reason, but the way he stepped up against San Antonio in 2007 was never appreciated the way Nash's bloody nose performance was. Game 5 when Amare was suspended he virtually cancelled Tim Duncan out and was the reason Phoenix hung in there so long. He's a competitor who will be there when his team needs him.

Mugen
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
good pick up for the fakers only for the reason of keeping him away from miami.

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
No surprise here

Kobe's been in the league longer than your so called "leaders."

Kobe's in the lead. 5 > 1 amongst your "leaders."

OC Lakerfan
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nRxn1U1yXo#t=4m40s

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
No surprise here

Jealous?....btw I wish Kurt the best.

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Kurt Thomas would be a very solid pickup for the Lakers bench, especially since Bynum will more than likely be injured..if they have to pick between Thomas and Bell, Thomas would be a much better pickup IMO..

Another thing about Kurt is that he supposedly has a history of beating women, so he will fit in perfectly with the Lakers..

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
No surprise here

Leader. Wade's leadership is the only thing that amounted to anything. What the fuck have Bosh and LeBron led except a gala of pomp and circumstance?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Another thing about Kurt is that he supposedly has a history of beating women

Link? I have a hard time believing Bryan Colangelo would trade for a wife beater when he traded Kidd solely because he was a wife beater. I've never heard anything about KT other than him being a great teammate and person.

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Link? I have a hard time believing Bryan Colangelo would trade for a wife beater when he traded Kidd solely because he was a wife beater. I've never heard anything about KT other than him being a great teammate and person.

I'll have to look for a link right now, but I know for a fact that he's been arrested multiple times for doing it when he was in New York..IIRC, he also apparently hit his wife while she was holding their 2-year old son, although I don't remember if it turned out to be true..

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/LAW/10/02/ctv.penalty.box/

This was one of the incidents..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Huh I found a link you're actually right. That's pretty disappointing to read.

ducks
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
looks like lakers striked out with bell

TheMACHINE
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
looks like lakers striked out with bell

based on?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
They might be getting KT and Bell, both teammates from 2006-2007 probably chasing a ring.

TheMACHINE
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
They might be getting KT and Bell, both teammates from 2006-2007 probably chasing a ring.

rest of MLE and vets min

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Huh I found a link you're actually right. That's pretty disappointing to read.

Ya..I still liked him when he was with the Spurs, his style is tough not to cheer for..he's still one of the fan favorites in NY too, just disappointing when you hear shit like that about players you like..

4>0rings
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Kurt

http://npinopunintended.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/krazee-eyez-killa.jpg

Thomas

Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
damn ... over a laptop while the misses was holding the kid .......

do it Mitch !!!!

JMarkJohns
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Ya..I still liked him when he was with the Spurs, his style is tough not to cheer for..he's still one of the fan favorites in NY too, just disappointing when you hear shit like that about players you like..

I despised Kidd for this very reason. It's taken a while to get over his shit like this and the comments he said of JC and the Suns org.

Though, I have always said that Joumana was a media-whore, so I hated her anyways. Still.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't have known the whole situation with Kurt Thomas w/o the info posted on here. I guess it would add another wrinkle to the anti-Laker rhetoric on here.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I despised Kidd for this very reason. It's taken a while to get over his shit like this and the comments he said of JC and the Suns org.

Though, I have always said that Joumana was a media-whore, so I hated her anyways. Still.

That whole marriage was just fucked up :lol

Muser
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
You guys are getting the perfect backup C if he goes there. That'll make my decision easy regarding who I'd cheer for between LA/Miami

Agreed, he's a top guy.

Amarelooms
07-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Son they should get Tim Freakin Thomas....not Kurt

:elephant

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Kidd beat his wife in he was in Phoenix
Mel Gibson threatend his baby mama over the phone ...
Delonte "beat up" Lebron's mom's ... punanny ...

who's counting?

jacobdrj
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Kobe has good taste... Good call on both Kurt and Bell.

JMarkJohns
07-13-2010, 06:09 PM
It's sacrilege to say it, but if Bell and Thomas end up on the Lakers and they face Miami in the Finals, I'm gonna have to root for the Lakers for the first time in my life. Like actively. I can't take Miami, and I like Bell and Thomas for what they did for Phoenix, both as players and scapegoats. Each deserved a better end, especially Thomas.

Edward
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
Raja Bell deserved everything that happened to him. He got the trade he demanded. Kurt Thomas was the one who was treated like shit when he was the only reason the series against San Antonio in 2007 was even competitive.

duhoh
07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
that would be solid pick ups for LA no doubt.

picc84
07-13-2010, 07:01 PM
If Phx hadn't gotten rid of Kurt Thomas in 2007, leading to him signing with the Spurs, the Suns would have beaten SA in the 08 first round. Or at least come a lot closer to it.

I had no idea what the Phx front office was doing when they traded him after that season, and still am baffled by it.

I was also surprised when they got rid of DJ Strawberry, who was probably the best defender on the team the next year. It was like they were systematically and deliberately axing every defensive player they had. Completely amazing.

Koolaid_Man
07-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Son they should get Tim Freakin Thomas....not Kurt

:elephant

like I said previously... Kobe is getting greedy...While other team's GMs are all surrendering, Kobe is out there trying to prevent Pat Riley's evil empire from getting more players.

TheSullyMonster
07-13-2010, 08:10 PM
I had no idea what the Phx front office was doing when they traded him after that season, and still am baffled by it.

No shit. I was celebrating when we got him, and wondered why Phoenix let him go. "Gosh, the Spurs are killing us. How can we improve? I know, let's trade away somebody who does a fantastic job, as good as anybody in the league, at shutting down their franchise player."
"Sounds like a plan!":lmao

DazedAndConfused
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Ever since Shaq departed the Lakers haven't really been able to snag any ring-chasing vets to add to the bench. I don't think any of them care for Kobe or Phil so I'll be extremely surprised is freaking Raja Bell or Kurt Thomas sign with the Lakers.

DJ Mbenga
07-13-2010, 09:18 PM
well this guy has a huge body and always sets good screens, but nobody can replicate my dacos

Edward
07-13-2010, 09:39 PM

I didn't know it but I had an exact idea why ($) :lol

The funnier part of the trade is they also ended up giving OKC Serge Ibaka, which stings really bad since Ibaka woulda been a great replacement at PF.

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Ever since Shaq departed the Lakers haven't really been able to snag any ring-chasing vets to add to the bench. I don't think any of them care for Kobe or Phil so I'll be extremely surprised is freaking Raja Bell or Kurt Thomas sign with the Lakers.

Sad but true.

Thomas is toast, but, Bell is precisely the goods.