PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy Chris Paul eyes a 'Big 3' for New York Knicks

ducks
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Unhappy-Chris-Paul-eyes-a-Big-3-for-New-York-K;_ylt=AkWlyyh3Fxa7K_7tLAU8nMqLvLYF?urn=nba,255643

if chris paul goes to the knicks tp will not:flag:

ducks
07-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Paul is under contract till the end of 2012. The paper reports that his unhappiness likely led him to say in a speech last weekend at Carmelo Anthony's(notes) wedding in New York City, "We'll form our own Big 3" in New York. He was referring to himself, Anthony and the big addition to the New York Knicks this offseason, Amar'e Stoudemire(notes).

elbamba
07-13-2010, 04:29 PM
To me that would not be that "Big" of a big 3

cantthinkofanything
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Paul is under contract till the end of 2012. The paper reports that his unhappiness likely led him to say in a speech last weekend at Carmelo Anthony's(notes) wedding in New York City, "We'll form our own Big 3" in New York. He was referring to himself, Anthony and the big addition to the New York Knicks this offseason, Amar'e Stoudemire(notes).

Does anyone think Amare might tank this season to allow the Knicks to get a higher pick?

I Heart Ginobili
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Does anyone think Amare might tank this season to allow the Knicks to get a higher pick?

I think they are going to lose big even if they try to win...

Obstructed_View
07-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Amare's not going to make much difference in their win total replacing David Lee.

DMX7
07-13-2010, 04:36 PM

Are you kidding? I don't know if it would be as big as Miami's but it would be pretty "big"

Dro210
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Felton is a significant upgrade over Chris Duhon tho... They'll be better, but not by a lot.

My Fault
07-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I would be more impressed if they joined Howard in Orlando.

GSH
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM
As much attention as Chris Paul gets, he's still under-rated. I don't like him, but he is a badass on the court. He would make the Knicks, or just about any team, a lot better.

I thought Amare was finally starting to mature as a person and a player. But he acts like he is planning on going the other direction in New York - and he sure as hell isn't going to suddenly start learning any discipline from Mike D'Antoni.

Carmello Anthony is a 16-million-dollar talent with a 25-cent head. 'Nuff said.

Carmello and Chris Paul are all about the team - as long as it's THEIR team. But the Knicks can't be 'Melo's team and CP3's team at the same time. I wish them luck with their Big 3. They would win a lot of games in the East, during the regular season, and sell a lot of tickets. Sounds like a signature Mike D'Antoni team.

SpurCharger
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Knicks will be in the playoffs this year as a 7 or 8 seed.....

Nathan Explosion
07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Chris Paul running the 7 seconds or less offense would be outstanding. The only other player in the league that could do it (aside from Nash of course) is Jason Kidd, a few years back that is.

DAF86
07-13-2010, 08:12 PM

They would be a lot more balanced than the Heat trio though. And the Amare/Paul pick and roll would be at least as good as the Nash/Amare one.

DAF86
07-13-2010, 08:14 PM
As much attention as Chris Paul gets, he's still under-rated. I don't like him, but he is a badass on the court. He would make the Knicks, or just about any team, a lot better.

I thought Amare was finally starting to mature as a person and a player. But he acts like he is planning on going the other direction in New York - and he sure as hell isn't going to suddenly start learning any discipline from Mike D'Antoni.

Carmello Anthony is a 16-million-dollar talent with a 25-cent head. 'Nuff said.

Carmello and Chris Paul are all about the team - as long as it's THEIR team. But the Knicks can't be 'Melo's team and CP3's team at the same time. I wish them luck with their Big 3. They would win a lot of games in the East, during the regular season, and sell a lot of tickets. Sounds like a signature Mike D'Antoni team.

Carmelo had no problem taking a back seat to Billups and even Allen Iverson on the Nugetts so I don't think that would be a problem.