Ashy Larry
07-13-2010, 06:57 PM
gonna be a great season ......

BadOdor
07-13-2010, 06:59 PM
lol heat

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 06:59 PM
should have retired a champion this year.

now he will go off into the sunset in a losing season.

The Gemini Method
07-13-2010, 07:01 PM
lol one collective ring...past playoff failures and a PF that has won how many playoff games? Quit the nonsense. Let's see how it plays out first.

Giuseppe
07-13-2010, 07:09 PM
lol one collective ring

Dallas & Forever

TheSullyMonster
07-13-2010, 08:11 PM

It kills me to say this, but I might have to cheer for the Lakers in a Lakers/Heat final.

Just for the little 'yeah, but...' note about LeBron. "yeah, but he had to wait until PJ retired to win the first of his 9 rings...":downspin:

Edit: Wait, I'll live. I cheered for the Lakers this past finals so Finley didn't coattail to a ring. I'll get over it again if I need to, I'm sure.

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 08:24 PM

You know before the heat add that starting center, i'd hold back some. As it stands right now, you don't have the size to matchup with or beat LA. Now with possibly Kurt Thomas and Brad Miller out of the picture, the options are trimming down. And Joel Anthony isn't starting center material. Expecting the rookies to step up like that is a little unrealistic. Juan Howard and Haslem are 4's. Z is big and slow but a decent bench player. You need that starting center still or you aren't beating LA. Thing is you may not get that this summer.

Cane
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
I want to see Phil Jackson and Pat Riley go at it (we all know its a matter of time before he's the coach). It'd be a great Finals.

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 08:29 PM
I want to see Phil Jackson and Pat Riley go at it (we all know its a matter of time before he's the coach). It'd be a great Finals.

I'd say Riley is the coach by 2011. A slow start, a slump, or something else will cause Spoelstra to "leave". Another step Miami has to take other than adding that starting center is to find a way to get Riley back at the helm.

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 08:45 PM
You know before the heat add that starting center, i'd hold back some. As it stands right now, you don't have the size to matchup with or beat LA. Now with possibly Kurt Thomas and Brad Miller out of the picture, the options are trimming down. And Joel Anthony isn't starting center material. Expecting the rookies to step up like that is a little unrealistic. Juan Howard and Haslem are 4's. Z is big and slow but a decent bench player. You need that starting center still or you aren't beating LA. Thing is you may not get that this summer.

oh no, joel anthony, a defensive good shot blocking center and Big Z and possibly Magloire are not elite Centers.

fuck, forget lebron wade bosh miller!! its over, the Heat have no elite center. might as well forfeit, they won't win anything

:lmao:lmao:lmao

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 08:59 PM
oh no, joel anthony, a defensive good shot blocking center and Big Z and possibly Magloire are not elite Centers.

fuck, forget lebron wade bosh miller!! its over, the Heat have no elite center. might as well forfeit, they won't win anything

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Elite center? Now you are putting words in my mouth due to getting so defensive on the subject. You need a Kendrick Perkins type center. And :lmao:lmao@ Joel Anthony. 6-9 is undersized especially against a team like the Lakers. Gotta do better than that.

SomeCallMeTim
07-13-2010, 11:30 PM

Agreed. Would be fitting, wouldn't it? They've never squared off in the Finals.