PDA

View Full Version : We need Tony and Manu to score.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-16-2005, 06:12 PM
They HAVE to be a focal part of the offense if San Antonio is going to beat the Sonics.

In the playoffs so far the magic number appears to be 39.

When Parker and Ginobili combine to score 39 or more points the Spurs are 5-0. Their combined 27 points in the last game was their lowest combined total and the 101-89 loss to the Sonics was the Spurs worst loss of the post season.

Everything Tim brings to the table matters, and the other players' contributions fill in all of the gaps, but the key to the playoffs will be the play of Tony and Manu.

GrandeDavid
05-16-2005, 06:24 PM
I couldn't agree more. They are a terrific counter to Seattle's tough guard play. Then when you've got the two-time MVP roaming the paint to "back them up", that's huge and those are the tools to winning a tough series. I'm looking for Tony, especially, to go for his early and often. Tim needs to clean some glass and really go after some shots on the defensive end. I'm thinking that the calls will tend to go the Spurs' way tomorrow.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2005, 06:47 PM
They both really do need to score. We also need some scoring support from the bench, I hope Nazr gets a little more active in this series, he hasn't shown up yet.

In game 5, all we have to do is adjust to the pick n roll, and of course turn the ball over less times. That's it. That should be able to get us the W.

SequSpur
05-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Great take!

SPARKY
05-16-2005, 06:52 PM
They need to take it strong to the rim. Moreso TP than Manu. Also it would be nice if Barry at least tried to do so himself.

Rick Von Braun
05-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Next game is do or die in practical terms. Pop must ride the fucking horse that brought the team to the playoffs and play TP 38 minutes, TD 37 minutes, and MG 35 minutes. The entire season we heard that Pop was controlling TD and MG minutes so they could be fresh for the playoffs. Well, I have fucking news for you... we are in the playoffs damn it!

Fuck the match ups, fuck the mind games. If Pop cannot control the turnovers, the intensity, slow help D or the lack of motion of this team, the least he can do is to put the best fucking players on the court. Giving up on the game with 8.5 minutes to go was increadible.

Fucking 65 years old Nash is playing 38+ minutes/game. Unfreakingbelievable.

orhe
05-16-2005, 07:27 PM
run more motion! stop the pick and rolls

MaNuMaNiAc
05-16-2005, 07:28 PM
I thought you left numbnuts!!

wildbill2u
05-16-2005, 07:30 PM
They HAVE to be a focal part of the offense if San Antonio is going to beat the Sonics.

In the playoffs so far the magic number appears to be 39.

When Parker and Ginobili combine to score 39 or more points the Spurs are 5-0. Their combined 27 points in the last game was their lowest combined total and the 101-89 loss to the Sonics was the Spurs worst loss of the post season.

Everything Tim brings to the table matters, and the other players' contributions fill in all of the gaps, but the key to the playoffs will be the play of Tony and Manu.

The problem is that the other teams are packing in the paint and playing a lot of zone which limits their ability to drive for the basket. They'll have to learn how to break the zone with motion and quick passes around the horn.