PDA

View Full Version : Dampier..

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 09:14 PM
If he's waived, is he the ideal candidate for Miami?..

I would say he is..he's still a good defensive C IMO, although the rest of his game is obviously horrible, they won't find a better defensive C on the market IMO..

Would money be an issue for him, or would he be happy playing for the ring?..

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Money or the kids?

dirk4mvp
If he's waived, is he the ideal candidate for Miami?..

I would say he is..he's still a good defensive C IMO, although the rest of his game is obviously horrible, they won't find a better defensive C on the market IMO..

Would money be an issue for him, or would he be happy playing for the ring?..

He's been GROSSLY overpaid since signing that deal with the Mavericks. I doubt it would be at this point.

DPG21920
I called Damp to the Heat a while ago. It makes too much sense. Money could obviously be a hang up, but we will see.

Findog
07-13-2010, 09:16 PM
He's perfect. He wouldn't need any shot attempts, just do the dirty work on the boards and guarding the opposing team's best big. He made something like $60 million over the life of his contract with Dallas, so surely he can afford to get by on a vet minimum salary in Miami.

sefant77
07-13-2010, 09:16 PM
He allready told he expect more a deal in the some below MLE area.

I can see teams giving him 2/8 or one year full MLE.

For sure he wont sign for the vet min

sefant77
07-13-2010, 09:17 PM
He's been GROSSLY overpaid since signing that deal with the Mavericks. I doubt it would be at this point.

59/6 was his real prize.

That was a normal center contract. Even less than some other guys...

MiamiHeat
07-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Interesting

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Now that's the temporary bigman the Heat could use. Damp would be perfect and certainly better than Joel Anthony at the 5. You'd have a rotation of Damp/Z/Anthony/Howard/Pittman which works.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 09:35 PM
LOL Damp would be perfect?
Clog the lane with a big lumbering big man when you have two of the best players in the NBA at attacking the basket ...real smart.
In fact please sign him real ...quick!

Some of you guys just look at numbers and size ...
A healthy Chandler (though I dont think he's THAT good) would be a MUCH better fit a quick agile type that can block shots would be best IMHO

Problem is there are few of those ...but at Least Z doesnt clog the lane on offense ...

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think he would be a good fit for the Heat because Wade and Lebron need the paint to be clear so they can drive it in, it will be a lot harder to do that with Dampier clogging up the lane, he can't shoot, very slow. I'd say pass.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 09:47 PM
I don't think he would be a good fit for the Heat because Wade and Lebron need the paint to be clear so they can drive it in, it will be a lot harder to do that with Dampier clogging up the lane, he can't shoot, very slow. I'd say pass.

Exactly. Someone that KNOWS basketball.
Yes he has size and plays physical ...but lets be honest HEAT will beat teams with skill, speed and offensive talent. Slowing the game down with Z and Damp as the center combo is EXACTLY what i would want if I'm Orlando or Boston ...

I hope they sign him so I can laugh ...
Maybe this diabolical plot is part of Cuban's masterful revenge plansfor the Final taken from Dallas ...

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 09:48 PM
LOL Damp would be perfect?
Clog the lane with a big lumbering big man when you have two of the best players in the NBA at attacking the basket ...real smart.
In fact please sign him real ...quick!

Some of you guys just look at numbers and size ...
A healthy Chandler (though I dont think he's THAT good) would be a MUCH better fit a quick agile type that can block shots would be best IMHO

Problem is there are few of those ...but at Least Z doesnt clog the lane on offense ...

Damp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joel fucking Anthony and it isn't even close. They don't have the money this summer to find that center to build with this team for the long haul.

Next summer they will have the whole MLE to throw at kendrick perkins.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Damp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joel fucking Anthony and it isn't even close. They don't have the money this summer to find that center to build with this team for the long haul.

Next summer they will have the whole MLE to throw at kendrick perkins.

OK Damp is better than Anthony ..but why two slow lumbering centers to clog the lane when you have THE TWO BEST paint attackers in the NBA ...how does that make basketball sense? And dont forget that allows team to put a center in the paint so that is two big men clogging the lane ...

Now Z can shoot dont get me wrong. But Let's see if my choices are chase Z out side or clog the paint for the Lebron and Wade rim assault which one am I choosing?

The blueprint is the Bulls big men. Wennington, longley Bison Dele and Perdue. Longley was the only true lost post scorer that didnt shoot that midrange jumper ...for the Bulls.

Even old ass Cartwright could hit that shot ...
But hey sign him I hope they do Im getting even more confident that they wont make the Finals ...

peteee
07-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Mavs will certainly not pick up the team option to pay him 14m for his service of next season. even with Lebron gone to Miami, I think Donnie is still seeking a deal for Dampier since there are still some possible targets there like Joe Johson, etc....

bostonguy
07-13-2010, 10:00 PM
OK Damp is better than Anthony ..but why two slow lumbering centers to clog the lane when you have THE TWO BEST paint attackers in the NBA ...how does that make basketball sense? And dont forget that allows team to put a center in the paint so that is two big men clogging the lane ...

Now Z can shoot dont get me wrong. But Let's see if my choices are chase Z out side or clog the paint for the Lebron and Wade rim assault which one am I choosing?

The blueprint is the Bulls big men. Wennington, longley Bison Dele and Perdue. Longley was the only true lost post scorer that didnt shoot that midrange jumper ...for the Bulls.

But hey sign him I hope they do Im getting even more confident that they wont make the Finals ...

So then what do they do if Damp isn't the best available big they can land?

spursfan1000
07-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Mavs will certainly not pick up the team option to pay him 14m for his service of next season. even with Lebron gone to Miami, I think Donnie is still seeking a deal for Dampier since there are still some possible targets there like Joe Johson, etc....

Dampier got traded to Bobcats today for Tyson Chandler.

dirk4mvp
07-13-2010, 10:03 PM

They're gonna need Damp to guard Howard and the swole ass front line in LA. That's just about as important as not clogging the lane on offense. When Damp doesn't look like he wants to take a nap, he's a very legit post defender.

DJ Mbenga
07-13-2010, 10:07 PM
the nets could probably use a backup

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Just get a shotblocker the best they can get for cheap ...
If I am the Heat I run teams in to the ground... I would start off big for a few minutes while the opposing big man is fresh ...

After that I play small ball. Not Nellie small ball but the Pop version. Bosh plays center you put haslem at PF ..have them and Lebron crash the glass and you ltell wade and Mario to run like deer.

IF Lebron grabs the board i initate the break through him and have bosh and wade on the wings ...and when Miller plays he runs to his favorite 3 point shot.

Only 2 or 3 legit big man that are low post threats in the NBA that are even healthy going in to the season ...Why build the team to match them?

They should build their team to force others to match them.

A lineup of Lebron, Wade, Miller, HAslem and Bosh can all rebound well enough to make that line up work.

All Z or Anthiony need to do is set picks and provide some hard fouls to the ooposing big man gets his first rest. AFTER that you RUN the opposing team's 2nd unit in to submission.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
They're gonna need Damp to guard Howard and the swole ass front line in LA. That's just about as important as not clogging the lane on offense. When Damp doesn't look like he wants to take a nap, he's a very legit post defender.

Lakers beat MAgic 2 years ago almost EXACTLY the way i said above.
Bynum played a few early mins. but Odom play PF and Gasol center against Howard for Loong stretches.

You telling me this SUPER team can not do the same? Look I dont think the make Finals but they have a good shot. Playing with lane cloggers for Large stretches makes it THAT much harder.

sefant77
07-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Damp is one of the best screen setters in the league, Wade and James would like it...

And he wouldnt clog the lane because opponents would barely guard him...

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Damp is one of the best screen setters in the league, Wade and James would like it...

And he wouldnt clog the lane because opponents would barely guard him...

But if Lebron and Wade are having a meeting at the rim Why would I wander far from the paint if Im guarding Damp ...
I just play matchup zone ...Lebron and Wade beat you from 3 no way You can beat them anyway ...

Zelophehad
07-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Damp actually has one other skill that stands out besides his post defense. He's a tremendous offensive rebounder. He's led the league in offensive rebound rate a few times and is at 13.0 for his career.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dampier01.html

Mark in Austin
07-13-2010, 10:24 PM
he's been grossly overpaid since signing that deal with the warriors. I doubt it would be at this point.

fify

dirk4mvp
07-13-2010, 10:25 PM
:lol good point

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Damp actually has one other skill that stands out besides his post defense. He's a tremendous offensive rebounder. He's led the league in offensive rebound rate a few times and is at 13.0 for his career.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dampier01.html

I agree. But is it worth having him and his man in the lane?
If he is getting that many offensive boards ...WHERE IN THE hell you think he is getting them from ...the 3 pt line?

I could care less. Op said hey maybe not a bad move I think it is ... offensively ...but whatever.

I hope they sign him and/or shaq ...

Booharv
07-13-2010, 10:37 PM
If he is getting that many offensive boards ...WHERE IN THE hell you think he is getting them from ...the 3 pt line?

I could care less. Op said hey maybe not a bad move I think it is ... offensively ...but whatever.

Eh, Rodman never left the paint and Robinson and Jordan had some MVP years with him down there and they drove to the rim fairly frequently. Of course having a pf who Rodman kept down there is different than a center, but still.

BUMP
07-13-2010, 10:40 PM

shut up dumbass

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:44 PM
shut up dumbass

Ok i will internet tough guy ...

Why dont you contribute something to a basketball discussion? Or are you all butthurt (or giddy) by that wonderful chandler trade?

BTW this a discussion about BUILDING a title team nothing you Mavs assclowns no little about...

Stay out of grownfolks buss...go play somewhere I'm busy ...

BUMP
07-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Pau Gasol trade: 2-1-2008

KillaFaggot81 join date: 2-12-2008

lol

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Eh, Rodman never left the paint and Robinson and Jordan had some MVP years with him down there and they drove to the rim fairly frequently. Of course having a pf who Rodman kept down there is different than a center, but still.

Jordan was more a midrange shooter by the 2nd 3 peat ...

Rodman did not clog the paint he would come flying in from Ft line and even 3pt line to grab boards ...

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:49 PM
lol

LOL looking at my join date ... I would not even waste even 2 seconds of my life looking up yours ...
I already own your ass ...
Keep posting.

MavDynasty
07-13-2010, 10:49 PM
lol 16th pick
lol running late to meeting
lol not knowing the draft pick of the person you dick ride and slurp

BUMP
07-13-2010, 10:50 PM
LOL looking at my join date ... I would not even waste even 2 seconds of my life looking up yours ...
I already own your ass ...
Keep posting.

lol 16th pick

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:51 PM
lol 16th pick

LOL you remember me ...

LOL you swooping in to defend your secretlover ...

LOL you know when Kobe got drafted ...I give 2 shits about when dirk got drafted ...

BUMP
07-13-2010, 10:53 PM
but Erick Dampier plays in the paint!!! Even though he's a center!

Where's he supposed to play dumbass? the 3point line?

MavDynasty
07-13-2010, 10:53 PM
LOL you remember me ...

LOL you swooping in to defend your secretlover ...

LOL you know when Kobe got drafted ...I give 2 shits about when dirk got drafted ...

you dont even know when kobe got drafted and your name is killakobe...lmao

sup post gasol

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 10:54 PM
lol 16th pick

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Zelophehad
07-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Jordan was more a midrange shooter by the 2nd 3 peat ...

Rodman did not clog the paint he would come flying in from Ft line and even 3pt line to grab boards ...

Jordan still went to the rim a ton, thats revisionist history that is correct but has been way overstated. He went less than his earlier days but he still went there often. Plus Wade played with Shaq in Miami, Kobe played with Shaq in LAL, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili with Duncan in San Antonio to a lesser extent etc etc.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 10:58 PM
LOL Deflecting.

A coping mechanism to help deal with title or penis envy. I hope it helps. I understand it's not really ME your mad at ...it's God, genetics or inbreeding take your pick.

Look all jokes aside if you disagree post something intelligent ... (if you try REALLY hard I know you can) ...

I understand Damp is a center and he will play down low and with dirk that is cool he is a jumpshooter ...

If i am coaching the Heat I want clear lanes so I can play to the strengths of my best players ...

But teh genius fanbase wanted Aljefferson Even though Haywood and the opposing center would be clogging the lane ... GENIUS!!!

BUMP
07-13-2010, 10:59 PM
shut up dumbass

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2010, 11:00 PM
lol thinking the Spurs faced Cleveland in 05 Finals.

ducks
07-13-2010, 11:02 PM
the only think good about dampier is that if he goes to the heat he plays with wade,james and bosh he could foul and get away with it

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 11:02 PM
the only think good about dampier is that if he goes to the hear he plays with wade,james and bosh he could foul and get away with it

the hear?..

has anybody ever told you how cute you are, Ducky?..

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Jordan still went to the rim a ton, thats revisionist history that is correct but has been way overstated. He went less than his earlier days but he still went there often. Plus Wade played with Shaq in Miami, Kobe played with Shaq in LAL, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili with Duncan in San Antonio to a lesser extent etc etc.

Duncan and Damp ... LOL apples and oranges. Duncan could hit a 18 footer which allowed Parker and Manu to drive.

Shaq was the focal point offensively of those teams ESPECIALLY the FIRST title. Shaq was the first option are you saying Damp will be in Miami?

Wade and Shaq. Best example. But that was ONLY ONE driver not two. Also when the key plays were to be made ..Alonzo was playing and Shaq was sitting. (Alonzo even at that age is a MUCH beter fit than Damp would be for THIS HEAT team)

Point is this what do Lebron and Wade do best? Attack the basket.

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 11:05 PM
LOL you guys quote me ... from LAST month ...

I love it. I'm in your heads you cant get in mine ... who are you again?

MavDynasty
07-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Why is ducks so illiterate?

MavDynasty
07-13-2010, 11:07 PM
LOL you guys quote me ... from LAST month ...

I love it. I'm in your heads you cant get in mine ... who are you again?

sup post gasol

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Yep that is when I joined ... i have no issue been a longtime Laker fan.
Could care less what you think if you have something to say about bball please post if not ...you just displaying your ignorance.

Debate is lost when you are forced to change subjects ...

Mavs: "but you joined after Gasol" or "You said 16th pick instead of 13th"

Just say "hey I have no basketball takes" or .."I'm jealous cuz my team sucks and I wish I was a heatfan so I could have a CHANCE of beating the Lakers (or the Spurs for that matter) so I lash out. Sad.

It's OK Life is good.
I'm in your town reppin' my team and smacking down Mavs fans at work and on this forum ... you little guys are so funny.

BUMP
07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
cry me a river, pussy

MavDynasty
07-13-2010, 11:25 PM
cry me a river, pussy

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Internet tough guy ... bet you would never say it to my face ...it's all good, though your bitterness sustains me.

I actually rooted for yall against the Heat but I will enjoy watching you fail yet again ...better hope the Cowboys (my football team gets the Lombardi) or they will be no parades in Downtown Dallas anytime soon ...

mavs>spurs2
07-13-2010, 11:34 PM
damp wouldn't clog the lane up more than any other center. it's not like he's going to be in there banging 24/7 and demanding the ball down low. he's pretty much a nonfactor on offense and would stay out of the way as well as anyone

what's fucked up is the thought of dampier getting a ring before dirk. hell, if damp was competent whatsoever, they'd both already have rings

HarlemHeat37
07-13-2010, 11:39 PM
:lol Dampier getting a ring before Dirk would just be cruel..

Killa, you're a Cowboys fan?..

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 11:42 PM
damp wouldn't clog the lane up more than any other center. it's not like he's going to be in there banging 24/7 and demanding the ball down low. he's pretty much a nonfactor on offense and would stay out of the way as well as anyone

what's fucked up is the thought of dampier getting a ring before dirk. hell, if damp was competent whatsoever, they'd both already have rings

Disagree ... but solid take.
Point im making is I dont think there has been ever to guys in their prime (not even Chicago) where both guys were so explosive at atacking the rim WITH no handchecking allowed to boot.

Why would I want a big slowfooted center and the man guarding him in the lane?
Only reason I keep posting in here (except for the laughs) is for SOMEONE ANYONE to point out how that makes sense ...

If im Riles I want these guys driving AS MUCH as humanly possible ...with less opportunities for hard fouls on those guys ...

Bostonguy asked me what I would do instead and I explained it. Before the more juvenile posters came in ...

BUMP
07-13-2010, 11:43 PM
shut up faggot no one cares

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 11:46 PM

Yep. They hold training camps oin Oxnard and used to go when i was younger ...I also liked Raiders and Rams but they both left ...

I root for:
Angels
Dodgers
UCLA
Cowboys

Hate Duke, Yanks, ManU, 49ers, Skins, and of COURSE the Celts ...

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 11:50 PM
shut up faggot no one cares

You have a crush on me dont you?
You keep following me, quoting me it's like the liitle boy who hits the girl he likes cuz he doesnt know how to express himself.

But I don't get down like that. Im married with 2 kids ...

If you want that I have some co-workers I could introduce you to that maybe "right up your alley" if you know what I mean ...:lol

If you ever in Cali there is whole slew of friends to be made in West Hollywood for you ...

Just let me know. What you and a man does in the privacy ...

stretch
07-13-2010, 11:53 PM
I keep seeing people say Dampier would clog the lane on offense, however that is far from the truth. He doesnt sit in the paint, waiting for the ball to come to him, like your average low post scorer. Instead, hes constantly out running around setting picks. He really doesnt spend much time in the paint on offense at all, and he is one of the best in the NBA at setting picks, and sealing off interior defenders for penetrating guards/forwards. He would fit with the Heat better than many people think.

eyeh8u
07-13-2010, 11:55 PM
You have a crush on me dont you?
You keep following me, quoting me it's like the liitle boy who hits the girl he likes cuz he doesnt know how to express himself.

But I don't get down like that. Im married with 2 kids ...

If you want that I have some co-workers I could introduce you to that maybe "right up your alley" if you know what I mean ...:lol

If you ever in Cali there is whole slew of friends to be made in West Hollywood for you ...

Just let me know. What you and a man does in the privacy ...

ten sentences to basically call the guy gay, did you write for gilmore girls?

Killakobe81
07-13-2010, 11:57 PM
I keep seeing people say Dampier would clog the lane on offense, however that is far from the truth. He doesnt sit in the paint, waiting for the ball to come to him, like your average low post scorer. Instead, hes constantly out running around setting picks. He really doesnt spend much time in the paint on offense at all, and he is one of the best in the NBA at setting picks, and sealing off interior defenders for penetrating guards/forwards. He would fit with the Heat better than many people think.

Good points someone mentioned his picks as well. But if he is setting picks he is not on the offensive boards ...which is one of his better strengths.
But Why would I want the top of the key or the 3 point line congested with 2 7 footers or Lebron and Wade's man?

I would rather do a pnr with wade and Lebron or even Miller or Chalmer's man.
That would get you a Lebron or Wade guarded by a weakers defender and they should be able to get to the high post and from there either attack teh big man or hit the midrange jumper or floater ...

That is just my preferential Pnr ... Lebron would be deadly on a 1/# pnr if Chalmers could set great picks.

I saw some teams (celts) do that well to the Lakers and Kobe fish won Game 3 in the Finals that way as well ...

Killakobe81
07-14-2010, 12:00 AM
ten sentences to basically call the guy gay, did you write for gilmore girls?

Do you know how I know you are gay?

You ACTUALLY name dropped the Gilmore girls in an NBA forum ...
Could be that or the bite marks on your pillow ...

Just teasing ...

Killakobe81
07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Lebron would be deadly on a 1/3 pnr if Chalmers could set great picks.

I saw some teams (celts) do that well to the Lakers and Kobe fish won Game 3 in the Finals that way as well ...

mavsfan1000
07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Dampier would be a perfect fit on a team that doesn't need any more offense. He sets great picks, rebounds well, and prevents a lot of offensive rebounds but has really dropped off. I'm guessing part of it was his knee problem.

Veterinarian
07-14-2010, 12:05 AM

Yeah, he joined that fan base a week after they signed Charles Haley.