PDA

View Full Version : I got 99 Problems but Tyson aint one. We're better than we were last year!

thedong
07-14-2010, 05:17 AM
Last year, we thought that we had enough size and talent to compete against the Lakers, and this year, we added more size.� The East got better not the West. Tyson Chandler, when healthy has a chance to be a beast, and he fits that mold of a ''Gasol Stopper''. Haywood can definitely bang with Bynum. .

Butler will more comfortable in our system, and I fully expect Tough Juice to be better this year. Contract year, calls for him to be great if he wants that sweet contract.

Chandler is also on a contract year, and the dude is only 28, when healthy and motivated, the dude can flat out ball.

I've been saying for years, that a Haywood and Chandler combo is what the Mavs need..

I also see improvements from Roddy. So those 3 players alone will make us better, and we will be better.

We must now concentrate on becoming a great defensive team, Boston almost won the championship by becoming a great defensive team.

We have the front court set up with
Haywood/Chandler/Ian Mahimi/Alex Ajinca
Dirk/Marion
Butler/Marion

That's a great defensive front court. There are some serious beef, and size on that rotation.

Our only problem is our guard position, we need a PG who can keep up with quick PG's, I think Roddy is the answer.
Kidd needs to redefine his game, he can guard shooting guards, but I don't think he is the answer at that position, because� Can Deshawn Stevenson give us something?� I think we'll need him, we're going to need as much wing players to go against the Kobe/Roy/Dwade etc of this world.
Can Dojo give us something?

I say it's time to make some gambles, the safe bet here would be Raja Bell for the MLE, but I say it's time to get our TMAC on, give him a 2 year contract.

Mavs 2010-2011 line up
Haywood/Chandler/Ian
Dirk/Marion
Butler/Stevenson
TMAC/Terry/Dojo
Roddy/Kidd/JJB

Obviously, I am hoping for Roddy to develop in a starting PG, he doesn't need to be great, but if he can play outstanding defense, along with around 14PPG, that would be a huge plus for the Mavs.

And look at that bench, just nasty....Kidd/Terry/Marion/Ian/Chandler......

2011 outlook, if we can somehow trade Marion's contract, we can be under the cap. Although aside from Carmelo, the 2011 free agency looks bleek.
2012, we have a chance to have 25 million to spend on free agency, depending on the new CBA.

So our team as constracted now, has a chance to compete now, and be better in the future.

With that said, sons. I have 99 Problems but Tyson aint one. hit me!

Muser
07-14-2010, 05:21 AM
One injury prone player isn't enough for you this offseason?

thedong
07-14-2010, 05:24 AM
One injury prone player isn't enough for you this offseason?

Like I said, what is the point of trading for someone who has a longterm contract when you have stacked teams like the Heat? I like our direction, not getting Al J and Al H was a blessing in disguise, summer of 2012 is the new summer of 2010. I wanna see Cuban with some cap space.

Muser
07-14-2010, 05:29 AM
So just waste 2 years of your franchises best ever player to gamble on Free Agency?

thedong
07-14-2010, 05:32 AM
So just waste 2 years of your franchises best ever player to gamble on Free Agency?

Waste?

Hawyood/Chandler/Ian
Dirk/Marion
Butler/Stevenson
TMAC/Terry/Dojo
Roddy/Kidd/jjb

Is a very good lineup. And look at that bench, beastly!

Muser
07-14-2010, 05:35 AM
All you've done from a first round exit is add 2 injury prone players and a Center who couldn't get minutes over Matt Bonner.

thedong
07-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Like I said, a full training camp with a hungry Butler and Chandler should pay dividends.

thedong
07-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Looking at WCF teams, the team to beat is still the Lakers.

Chandler can handle Pau
Haywood can handle Bynum

we have enough wings to throw around Kobe -- Butler/Marion/Stevenson/Dojo

Kidd should do great against Blake and Fisher.

OKC is intriguing, but we can pound them inside with Dirk/Chandler and Haywood.

peteee
07-14-2010, 06:24 AM
the only Problem you have is you're such a moronic dick but you never admit so.

thedong
07-14-2010, 06:28 AM
the only Problem you have is you're such a moronic dick but you never admit so.

Deny! Deny! Deny! ''Hey findog, me and your mom are not doing the sexy time, were just doing some loud Yoga, now go back to your basement please''.

:toast

jermaine
07-14-2010, 06:31 AM
They got Rid of Damp 4 a defensive minded center, they have 2 good centers that rebound great. The only thing I see bad is a small SG! Ian mite surprize some people! I think they did ok! Why the Mavs won't go after Raja Bell?

thedong
07-14-2010, 06:32 AM
cause were getting TMAC!

peteee
07-14-2010, 06:41 AM
They got Rid of Damp 4 a defensive minded center, they have 2 good centers that rebound great. The only thing I see bad is a small SG! Ian mite surprize some people! I think they did ok! Why the Mavs won't go after Raja Bell?
JJB is a great player to use 15-20 min a game as a change of tempo. they got 2 good centers to split the 48 minutes, which will see them both being underused. it's quite a regret we didn't get lebron but we didn't lose Roddy on the other hand, which doesn't sound too bad overall. Why should we go after Raja bell while we have Roddy to play SG?

jermaine
07-14-2010, 07:32 AM
JJB is a great player to use 15-20 min a game as a change of tempo. they got 2 good centers to split the 48 minutes, which will see them both being underused. it's quite a regret we didn't get lebron but we didn't lose Roddy on the other hand, which doesn't sound too bad overall. Why should we go after Raja bell while we have Roddy to play SG?

Yal need Roddy to be aggresive on the offensive side & Bell be aggressive on the defensive side! Roddy will get all kinda fouls called on him cuz he's still a rookie. While Bell on the other hand, they'll just let him & whoever battle it out.

lotr1trekkie
07-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Where is 'thedong' institutionalized? I'll bring candy!

thedong
07-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Where is 'thedong' institutionalized? I'll bring candy!

funny, cause I just got out of sex rehab weeks ago. :toast

dude shut the fuck up

U mad? :toast
LOL bitch ass spurs fans. U guys have 4 titles, yet no one gives bitch about your sorry ass franchise.

*trying to keep my post count at 420. N*GG*'s gon hate regardless.

tdunk21
07-14-2010, 08:22 AM
dude shut the fuck up

dbestpro
07-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Dallas fan is talking about competing with LA when it can't get past SA. I do commend the idea of trying to be an elite defensive team, but I don't know how you are going to teach Dirk to play D when he is so busy flopping all over the place.

SamSaw
07-14-2010, 09:41 AM
how bout dem mavs ahahaha

thedong
07-14-2010, 09:50 AM
how bout dem mavs ahahaha

holy mofo, its samsaw! hahaha

austN Spur
07-14-2010, 09:56 AM
So our team as constracted now, has a chance to compete now, and be better in the future.
:lmao constracted:blah

Darrin
07-14-2010, 09:59 AM
cause were getting TMAC!

Bell is the more solid player and it keeps him out of the hands of the Lakers. With Bell, Artest, and Kobe how is anyone going to get their shot off? He's more of what is needed and it's not risking a title on the injury-prone, arrogant, half-a-name like T-Mac. They already have one of those types of players in Jason Kidd.

Bell can, and has, played some point guard for both Philadelphia and Utah. He helps all over the place. Don't go with T-Mac.

thedong
07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
AM I saying that were better than the Heat? No
Did I say we are better than the Lakers? No

Do we have a chance? yes.
If the Mavs can build somekind of consistency, and chemistry, much like me and findog's mom and amarelooms sister, then we should be fine.

Nothing is guaranteed, but being an NBA fan, I know for a fact that Tyson ''contract year'' Chandler will have a good season.

thedong
07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Bell is the more solid player and it keeps him out of the hands of the Lakers. With Bell, Artest, and Kobe how is anyone going to get their shot off? He's more of what is needed and it's not risking an injury-prone, arrogant, half-a-name like T-Mac. They already have one of those types of players in Jason Kidd.

Bell can, and has, played some point guard for both Philadelphia and Utah. He helps all over the place. Don't go with T-Mac.

I feel you, and I like Bell a lot, but for some reason a part of me just wants to roll the dice with T-Mac.

OC Lakerfan
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Chandler handle Pau? Really?

Sorry, Chandler is a better help defender than he is a 1v1 defender.

Muser
07-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Adding Tyson fucking Chandler doesn't turn a first round exit into contenders.

Darrin
07-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Adding Tyson fucking Chandler doesn't turn a first round exit into contenders.

Adding rebounding and interior defense on a consistent basis may help them turn into contenders. It's what Chandler's effect on the team is. Remember, Shawn Marion used to be a 10-rebound-a-night player. He had games in the 2006 postseason where he grabbed 20. If Chandler allows him room to roam instead of being the primary option to get the ball off the rim, the Mavericks might win more possessions.

You can't look at this thing in a vacuum.

elbamba
07-14-2010, 11:05 AM
I like the Mavs moves. They upgraded at center. Chandler offers more than Dampier. I also think that a full year together will show that this team is better. I think that the Haywood signing was a waste of money, especially after we got Tiago for three years for what the Mavs will pay Haywood for next year.

Muser
07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Adding rebounding and interior defense on a consistent basis may help them turn into contenders. It's what Chandler's effect on the team is. Remember, Shawn Marion used to be a 10-rebound-a-night player. He had games in the 2006 postseason where he grabbed 20. If Chandler allows him room to roam instead of being the primary option to get the ball off the rim, the Mavericks might win more possessions.

You can't look at this thing in a vacuum.

Adding a career playoff 6 points and 7 rebounds isn't going to vault Dallas into title contention.

That's if he even makes it to the playoffs.

clambake
07-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I think that the Haywood signing was a waste of money, especially after we got Tiago for three years for what the Mavs will pay Haywood for next year.

they have nothing to do with each other.

dirk4mvp
07-14-2010, 11:28 AM
What are spurfans going to do when Tiago McHale Splitter ends up sucking like Dick Jefferson last year?

stretch
07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
With a full offseason for Butler/Haywood/Roddy to become more integrated, the Mavs should already improve. Still, the biggest reason they lost to the Spurs, despite having a better squad, is the lack of chemistry due to the mid-season trade. They definitely showed flashes of being capable of competing with anyone, even beating the Lakers without Caron Butler.

The added chemistry will help the team a lot more than people think. And now they have two very good defensive 7 footers, both of whom are solid athletes, and versatile defenders (both are great at defending pick and roll, even when getting switched onto a small, quick guard). The defense and rebounding for the Mavs should improve tremendously this year, especially since guys like Kidd won't have to spend so much time providing help defense, now that they have a constant, solid rotation of people defending the paint, so guards can stay at home on shooters (something that KILLED the Mavs last year, especially when that mediocre fag, George Hill went berserk and had the best playoff series he will ever have)

I wouldn't mind if the Mavs could get Anthony Morrow, he seems like he would be a solid backup for Dirk, and is a pretty versatile scorer.

It is disappointing that they couldn't get more, but it definitely could be worse. And I'm a big believer in at least giving Butler, Roddy, and Haywood a legit chance to show what they can bring to the team. Again, the flashes they showed last year, were pretty impressive. Same thing happened with Kidd. The year he came to Dallas, he didn't show a whole lot, just flashes. But by the next year, his presence and the time he was able to spend gelling with everyone, had paid off, and he proved he is still one of the best PGs in the league. So hopefully, the new guys build on it the way Kidd did.

Findog
07-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I think Morrow was s'n'traded to New Jersey.

Leetonidas
07-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Dallas definitely has a solid frontcourt rotation. I'd take Haywood and Chandler over fucking Bonner and McDyess.

Leetonidas
07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I think Morrow was s'n'traded to New Jersey.

Yep. And he's only 6'5". How is he gonna back Dirk up unless the Mavs are playing super small ball?

Roddy Beaubois
07-14-2010, 07:32 PM
What are spurfans going to do when Tiago McHale Splitter ends up sucking like Dick Jefferson last year?

Crucify em, 4. Send that Splitter ass to the tree of woe!

Roddy Beaubois
07-14-2010, 07:33 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/1007/vegas.day4/images/7.jpg

MJ over Ehlo esque imho

Goran Dragic
07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
My guess is stretch meant Anthony Tolliver

elbamba
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Dallas definitely has a solid frontcourt rotation. I'd take Haywood and Chandler over fucking Bonner and McDyess.

Then you would be overpaying for limited talent. The idea that you throw 11 million a year a Haywood just because he is the best big you can get is a lousy decision. Haywood will not provide 11 million worth of help to Dallas. It is just like Dampier. They wasted money on that man and he never brought the value of his paycheck to the floor. Chandler will probably be used in trade at the trade deadline.

elbamba
07-15-2010, 12:58 PM

Be upset I guess. However, the fact that he has shown that he can play in the second best league in the world is pretty solid evidence that he is not going to suck. He will be a rookie with rookie limitations. No one is expecting David Robinson to walk through the door. If he gives 8-10 ppg and 5-7 rpg with a block and some solid defense around the rim then he will have exceeded my expectations for this year.

Those numbers are about what you will expect out of Haywood this year, only at a fraction of the price.

8FOR!3
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't understand this thread. Did thedong just call out Mike Tyson??