PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our beloved Mavs tonight

Ghazi
07-14-2010, 05:54 AM
:cry :cry

okay... the lebron/whistle talk was just dicking around... but yes, i did expect more than tyson chandler :cry :cry :depressed

its over, no more false sense of hope, no nothing... just have to try and enjoy 50-55 wins and 1st/2nd round exit... in my opinion.

this Miami team to me is incredibly powerful... we're talking about the 2 best players in the league for christs fucking sake...and Bosh is top 20. this is jordan/pippen 2.0 w/ lebron and wade. maybe even better. assuming wade can maintain health

I've been in the motherland hence my decreased posting... *sigh*

thedong
07-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Ghaz, as you know, I am far from your ordinary 'Mav Homer', I blasted Dirk when he chocked during the 06 finals, the 07 playoffs, and to a certain extent last year. But I feel good about our team, now I am driving that TMAC bandwagon.

peteee
07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
:cry :cry

okay... the lebron/whistle talk was just dicking around... but yes, i did expect more than tyson chandler :cry :cry :depressed

its over, no more false sense of hope, no nothing... just have to try and enjoy 50-55 wins and 1st/2nd round exit... in my opinion.

this Miami team to me is incredibly powerful... we're talking about the 2 best players in the league for christs fucking sake...and Bosh is top 20. this is jordan/pippen 2.0 w/ lebron and wade. maybe even better. assuming wade can maintain health

I've been in the motherland hence my decreased posting... *sigh*
i agree Cheat have gleaned some awful talents and have made up a squad that looks ineluctable. They have 3 top10 guys, or 2 top10 plus one top15 guy at least, which IMHO looks an ominous sign to me rather than anything you considered. Lebron and Wade both have to hold the ball in hands attacking and they've been doing this way ever since they joined this league. They're both superstars who can change their self-oriented style of play, but the problem is neither of them wants to do that.

it might look like the 07' celtics but IMHO that's not the same at all. Celtics rallied 3 greybeard men who had been desperately pursuing a ring but never had even come close, so they all had gigantic thirsts for the championship ring and were all willing to do whatever required to achieve this goal. Ray Allen transformed into a cheap shooter running off the ball and KG also played much more defense and attacked less than the wolf-leader did. Paul Pierce was the only guy playing with the ball on the celtics team and he still is on their current squad. However, I see neither Wade nor Lebron will be willing to accept such an adjustment IMHO, Bosh may be proselytized into a bluecollar rebounder though.

peteee
07-14-2010, 06:18 AM
plus we're not talking about the fantasy mode you played in NBA live series or 2k series, there the Bosh/Wade/Lebron will win everything winnable but the real world isn't the same.