View Full Version : James Anderson !!!!! (Youtube mix)

lefty
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Really excited

The other #23 :hat

zjO82Qxo2Wc

dbestpro
07-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Nice. Got a feeling at some point in the future he will be a star.

slick'81
07-14-2010, 10:44 AM
seems to be a perfect fit :tu

tdunk21
07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
sweet jump shot.....looks like a spot up shooter......

Solid D
07-14-2010, 10:49 AM
The videos of James demonstrate Anderson's speed and quickness, plus he learned to kick out his legs to try to draw contact on his shots his last year with the Cowboys.

With all due respect to Roger Mason III, James can bring what Roger brought to the Spurs plus an additional level speed and athleticism. He doesn't have the experience that Roger has, but the Spurs have definitely upgraded year-over-year.

I know Don Harris mentioned the other night that the Spurs have essentially the same roster as last year, but Splitter and Anderson upgrade the Spurs at 2 of the 5 positions.

lefty
07-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Nice. Got a feeling at some point in the future he will be a star.

Me too :wow

sweet jump shot.....looks like a spot up shooter......
And a confident one; he can make 3's with a hand in his face, or make a big shot after going 0/10

Very confident and agressive

The videos of James demonstrate Anderson's speed and quickness, plus he learned to kick out his legs to try to draw contact on his shots his last year with the Cowboys.

With all due respect to Roger Mason III, James can bring what Roger brought to the Spurs plus an additional level speed and athleticism. He doesn't have the experience that Roger has, but the Spurs have definitely upgraded year-over-year.

I know Don Harris mentioned the other night that the Spurs have essentially the same roster as last year, but Splitter and Anderson upgrade the Spurs at 2 of the 5 positions.
He can shoot, but he can also take it to the rim

Poor RMJ, when a prospect who has yet to play a pro game is already better than you are, that sucks :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2010, 11:04 AM
i wonder if james anderson can be a volume scorer if he was first option?

lefty
07-14-2010, 11:05 AM
i wonder if james anderson can be a volume scorer if he was first option?
Probably not as a rookie

But with his qualities and confidence, he can be one of the top rookies at the end of the season

lefty
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
At the moment Anderson is a best case Ray Allen (thats a max best case). He seems to be an off ball runner like a Ray Allen
Exactly what I think

Plus, like Allen, he is a shooter who can also take it to the rim

slick'81
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Anderson is easily the better athlete over Mason, and hopefully the better shooter. At the moment Anderson is a best case Ray Allen (thats a max best case). He seems to be an off ball runner like a Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, RIP Hamilton etc. He could get to the rim with average ball handling in college because of his above average athletic ability, but he won't be able to do that in the NBA (at least not right off the bat).

As for the changes, the Spurs really didn't need to do too much. I was only in favor of a Parker trade if it brought back more value than the Spurs gave away. That didn't seem like it was going to happen. But still, the big 3 when healthy are a very effective group. Coach Popovich seems to think that Splitter can be very similar to Oberto in terms of being smart on the court, right place right time, but he knows that Splitter is an all around better player. Taller, longer arms, better passer (even though Fabio was a pretty good passer), brings size and shot blocking ability and an above average post game. He's a better athlete than Oberto too. So that's a really good thing, plus he is going to be 26 by the playoffs so he's still young.

Basically the changes the Spurs needed to make were simple. Bring in Splitter, get a shooter (Anderson) and get a small forward (MLE/LLE). Now re-sign Jefferson and Coach Pop should get everything straigt from day one. Which he will. This should be an even better team than last year if everyone stays healthy.

4 real dont want to get my hopes up but if spurs can find a good piece with whats left of the mle things could be looking up for this coming season

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Probably not as a rookie

But with his qualities and confidence, he can be one of the top rookies at the end of the season

was wondering if he has the potential to be like some of the sgs first option in the league...granger or whoever....

lefty
07-14-2010, 11:13 AM
was wondering if he has the potential to be like some of the sgs first option in the league...granger or whoever....
Yep, I think he does

Someone (dont remember who) said that he is a cross between Granger and Marion

While I dont think he is as athletic as Marion, dude can still jump

5in10
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM
At the moment Anderson is a best case Ray Allen (thats a max best case). He seems to be an off ball runner like a Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, RIP Hamilton etc.

He reminds me of a Joe Johnson, who is also the guy he compared himself to.

ohmwrecker
07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
I hope George Hill is working on his Oop pass.

xellos88330
07-14-2010, 11:27 AM
He reminds me a bit of both Ray Allen and Joe Johnson. More Johnson though because of his build.

ElNono
07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Why doesn't he miss any shot in that video?

dbestpro
07-14-2010, 11:45 AM
In regards to player comparisons he reminds me of Michael Redd. Nice comparisons all around.

jiggy_55
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
How about we wait until at least 1 NBA game before starting with the comparisons?

I think I would appear as a great shooter and scorer too in a youtube clip!!!

xellos88330
07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
dpGLHy04oTo

LOL 0:43!! :lmao:lmao:lmao

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-14-2010, 12:09 PM
LOL 0:43!! :lmao:lmao:lmao

haha yeah I think that was DeAndre Jordan

Hooks
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
The Spurs were really lucky to get Anderson. He was supposed to be a lottery pick but thanks to his sore hamstring in the workouts he dropped all the way to us.

Tiago, Blair, Anderson all should've been lottery picks but they all fell for some reason.

Blair-Knees
Tiago-Contract
Anderson-Didn't get to work out for a lot of other teams due to an injury.

3 players that should've gone in the lottery have fallen to us within just 4 years, pretty crazy!

4down
07-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Anderson is easily the better athlete over Mason, and hopefully the better shooter. At the moment Anderson is a best case Ray Allen (thats a max best case). He seems to be an off ball runner like a Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, RIP Hamilton etc. He could get to the rim with average ball handling in college because of his above average athletic ability, but he won't be able to do that in the NBA (at least not right off the bat).

As for the changes, the Spurs really didn't need to do too much. I was only in favor of a Parker trade if it brought back more value than the Spurs gave away. That didn't seem like it was going to happen. But still, the big 3 when healthy are a very effective group. Coach Popovich seems to think that Splitter can be very similar to Oberto in terms of being smart on the court, right place right time, but he knows that Splitter is an all around better player. Taller, longer arms, better passer (even though Fabio was a pretty good passer), brings size and shot blocking ability and an above average post game. He's a better athlete than Oberto too. So that's a really good thing, plus he is going to be 26 by the playoffs so he's still young.

Basically the changes the Spurs needed to make were simple. Bring in Splitter, get a shooter (Anderson) and get a small forward (MLE/LLE). Now re-sign Jefferson and Coach Pop should get everything straigt from day one. Which he will. This should be an even better team than last year if everyone stays healthy.

I would think Anderson's athleticism may allow him to shoot a higher percentage, even if he doesn't necessarily have a better shot than Mason. While Mason had a very smooth shot, His lack of athleticism was prohibitive to him getting some clean looks as he wasn't much of a threat to slash, so defenders knew to stay close when he was at distance. Plus, the injury and whatever else it was that destroyed his confidence hurt him terribly.

I'm with you on this, if Anderson can develop his ball handling I'm thinking he has the tools to become pretty dangerous. He's definitely a big upgrade in terms of athleticism and potential defensive impact, if he can pick up Pop's defensive schemes in fairly short order.

dbestpro
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
How about we wait until at least 1 NBA game before starting with the comparisons?

I think I would appear as a great shooter and scorer too in a youtube clip!!!

No, I think we should continue with the comparisons. I've seen your clip and it does not quite remind me of Anderson's clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWB4-SVFuTw

lefty
07-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Why doesn't he miss any shot in that video?
:lol

nickdaquick
07-14-2010, 01:53 PM
If Ray Allen is Anderson's best case, then that guy is his worst case.

Micheal Finley, last years version.

LION20
07-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Looks like a bigger version of George Hill

kobyz
07-14-2010, 04:29 PM
James Anderson is bigger Marcus Thornton!

AFBlue
07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
James Anderson is exactly like LeBron James...except shorter, lighter, less adept at drawing fouls and finishing through contact, better shooting, less athletic, and was introduced without a self-aggrandizing ESPN special.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-14-2010, 05:08 PM
James Anderson is exactly like LeBron James...except shorter, lighter, less adept at drawing fouls and finishing through contact, better shooting, less athletic, and was introduced without a self-aggrandizing ESPN special.

Satire?

The Btown Spur
07-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Cant wait to see him play. I hope to see more ally oops!

AFBlue
07-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Satire?

Oh it's true if you read it right. I just thought some of the comparisons were rediculous, so I figured I'd go with the theme.

Dude knows how to score in a variety of ways, but I don't get the Ray Allen comparison (not nearly as smooth a player or shooter), or the George Hill comparison (not the ball-handler or athlete), or Joe Johnson (much more of an all-around player...can rebound, dish, etc.).

It's better to read his scouting reports and understand what he brings, rather than give him arbitrary player comparisons.

Tp9gospursgo
07-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Who else can't wait to see this guy in action??

SpursFTW
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Who else can't wait to see this guy in action??

:toast I cant wait

m33p0
07-14-2010, 06:09 PM
at 3:05, i didn't like that move, opting to pull up for a jumper on a fastbreak when clearly he could have crossed over and be at the rim with a potential and-1.

BadOne
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Imagine if Manu taught this kid the lateral "euro step" he uses when he drives. :downspin:

lotr1trekkie
07-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Why did he drop to us?
Seems like a Anderson is a scoring machine which we need.

Hopefully, he is another Blair.

PublicOption
07-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I like he squares his shoulders on his way up to shoot......that is a sign of a pure shooter.

blizz
07-14-2010, 07:48 PM
He reminds me a little of Mitch Richmond

Brazil
07-14-2010, 08:30 PM
but I don't get the Ray Allen comparison (not nearly as smooth a player or shooter), or the George Hill comparison (not the ball-handler or athlete

I agree with AF on that one I don't see the Allen comparison tbh maybe I don't remember well the young ray allen. As for hill I really don't get it neither. Now I see what people means comparing to JJ but we should let him play meaningful minutes in the nba to evaluate his potential.

Dingle Barry
07-14-2010, 09:45 PM
My "best case scenario" submission: a taller Ben Gordon.

timtonymanurich
07-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Really excited

The other #23 :hat

zjO82Qxo2Wc

Here's some more awesomness from the unofficial Spurs hottie Denise Milani:

http://www.mademan.com/chickipedia/denise-milani/photosgallery/page5.html

tuncaboylu
07-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Can James play in SF position?

barbacoataco
07-15-2010, 01:27 AM
He was great at Oklahoma State and they were pretty terrible. Looking forward to seeing him play with the Spurs.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Athletic, nice body control, sweet looking stroke. I hope this kid can make those attributes into a solid NBA career.

In other news, Pondexter also looks good in summer league. Gonna be a very good defender. I don't think we would have gone wrong with him either.

lefty
07-15-2010, 08:18 AM
here's some more awesomness from the unofficial spurs hottie denise milani:

http://www.mademan.com/chickipedia/denise-milani/photosgallery/page5.html
:wow:king

Spursmania
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I hope George Hill is working on his Oop pass.

Yeah, we all know how much Pop would love that.:pop:

:lol

Shifty
07-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Why did he drop to us?

That is what I wonder too. Forget about the highlight video, you can make that of many players but what gets my eye is the title that flashes at some moment: "Big 12 player of the year". It might not mean a lot, but it can't be something bad.

Hooks
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
That is what I wonder too. Forget about the highlight video, you can make that of many players but what gets my eye is the title that flashes at some moment: "Big 12 player of the year". It might not mean a lot, but it can't be something bad.

He hurt his hamstring in just his 2nd workout with Houston, he said he didn't get to show off his full potential in workouts and didn't get to work out for a lot of teams due to his hamstring injury which he is still recovering from.

Teams also overlooked him because he was a junior, even though he destroyed the #12th pick Xavier Henry and the rest of the Kansas team when they played. Teams want real young guys who they think have a lot of potential.

His FG% also dropped last year, that also could be something teams didn't like. The only reason his FG% dropped was because he was double teamed the entire season and tripled towards the end of the season. Teams were focused on shutting this guy down as he was the only good player on his team. Most of his shots were very difficult, quick-release shots. Dude can shoot from pretty much anywhere on the floor though.