PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur Mahinmi signs with Dallas

chrisrod2008
07-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Web Posted: 07/14/2010 12:00 CDT

The Mavericks signed free-agent center Ian Mahinmi, the Spurs' first-round draft pick in 2005.
Mahinmi played in 26 games for the Spurs last season, averaging 3.9 points and two rebounds in 6.3 minutes per game

Here is the chance he was waiting for. With Dampier gone he will get at least 20 minutes a game.

Harry Callahan
07-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Ian will ride the bench and play only in garbage time if Haywood and Chandler are healthy. With Chandler that is a big if.

chrisrod2008
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I telling you but they have been searching for center ever since they signed Dampier just looking at having more than one option.

dbestpro
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Dallas picked up Chandler to use as trade bait for a mid season trade as their are no players left on the market that can make a difference.

Dex
07-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Dallas is trying to amass a team of all bigmen to thwart Minnesota's point guard squad.

Cane
07-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Will they train Ian to be an enforcer like Najera?

chrisrod2008
07-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Ian is not big enough nor are his balls he is more on the quickness and size than anything.

ducks
07-14-2010, 12:32 PM
I wonder how many minutes they promised him
playing time was a big concern this coming season

Cane
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
That's a good point, but again, like with Damp, I doubt there are any real players they can pick up at the deadline.

True, but Chandler's at least better than Damp and they have a ton of expiring contracts worth nearly $30 mill IIRC. Wouldn't be surprised to see them try and go after Melo if thats possible and Butler's deal is one of those expiring contracts next offseason.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-14-2010, 12:44 PM
We're fucked. No more first round upset for us.

Oh, Gee!!
07-14-2010, 01:03 PM
traitor!

Dr. Gonzo
07-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Ian will ride the bench and play only in garbage time if Haywood and Chandler are healthy. With Chandler that is a big if.

That would be the case if PopaStink was the coach of the Mavs.

Obstructed_View
07-14-2010, 01:28 PM
traitor!

Agreed. He owed San Antonio a lot of loyalty after the opportunities they gave him. That's not even taking into consideration the top-flight medical care they provided.

spursfan1000
07-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Ian will not get more minutes in Dallas then he would in SA, unless they want to use him to play backup for Dirk some of the time which I doubt, but this makes me think why does Cuban want to sign this guy, HE IS A BUST.

urunobili
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
GTFO backstabber!

MoSpur
07-14-2010, 01:57 PM
LOL. I'm sure he didn't have a lot of options. I can't be mad at him for taking an offer from Dallas. Dude is just looking out for himself. I'm sure he'll get playing time since Chandler can't stay healthy.

alchemist
07-14-2010, 02:09 PM
If the 'savior' gets more than 10 minutes total for the entire season ST is going to be in meltdown mode. :lol

BadOne
07-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Web Posted: 07/14/2010 12:00 CDT

The Mavericks signed free-agent center Ian Mahinmi, the Spurs' first-round draft pick in 2005.
Mahinmi played in 26 games for the Spurs last season, averaging 3.9 points and two rebounds in 6.3 minutes per game

Here is the chance he was waiting for. With Dampier gone he will get at least 20 minutes a game.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
One man's trash is another mans treasure!

Dex
07-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Just wait. Mahinmi will put up like one lucky 20/10 game and SpursTalk will enter full blown meltdown mode.

coyotes_geek
07-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Just wait. Mahinmi will put up like one lucky 20/10 game and SpursTalk will enter full blown meltdown mode.

Guaranteed. It will probably happen in preseason.

J_Paco
07-14-2010, 03:03 PM
You guys are really hoping that he amounts to nothing.

He'll likely get a chance to play back-up PF and will wind up Haywood's primary back-up by April. Chandler is too injury-prone to be relied upon and Alexis is less developed than Ian.

Dr. Gonzo
07-14-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm sure he'll get playing time since Chandler can't stay healthy.

It's good thing Mahinmi is an iron man. I'm sure he will be ready for any opportunity he gets.

J_Paco
07-14-2010, 03:11 PM
It's good thing Mahinmi is an iron man. I'm sure he will be ready for any opportunity he gets.

:rolleyes:rolleyes

Yeah, 'cause a misdiagnosed ankle injury is really enough reason to say he's frail. Let's what until he's logged serious minutes and then say whether he's fragile or not. I know you won't though.

coyotes_geek
07-14-2010, 03:13 PM
You guys are really hoping that he amounts to nothing.

He'll likely get a chance to play back-up PF and will wind up Haywood's primary back-up by April. Chandler is too injury-prone to be relied upon and Alexis is less developed than Ian.

Shawn Marion says hello...............

J_Paco
07-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Shawn Marion says hello...............

How many minutes did Marion log at PF last season? As his athleticism deteriorates he'll be a less viable option at PF. Plus, what's the benefit of playing him at the 4? He can't spread the floor and doesn't have the lateral quickness to "stop" the more agile PF's.

Dex
07-14-2010, 03:44 PM
If Mahinmi had gone to any team other than the Mavs or Lakers, I wouldn't harbor much ill will towards him at this point.

Now, though, I hope he crashes and burns.

coyotes_geek
07-14-2010, 03:48 PM
How many minutes did Marion log at PF last season? As his athleticism deteriorates he'll be a less viable option at PF. Plus, what's the benefit of playing him at the 4? He can't spread the floor and doesn't have the lateral quickness to "stop" the more agile PF's.

You appear to be heading down the path of trying to make a case that Ian Mahinmi is a better PF than Shawn Marion is. For your own good, you should stop now and proceed no further.

To assist you in deciding whether or not to continue, you should probably consider that Marion has played PF for the majority of his career.

LakerHater
07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
I didnt believe it but heres a link:

Mavericks get bigger, agreeing to terms with Ian Mahinmi

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

LAS VEGAS – Newest Maverick Ian Mahinmi will make his debut with the team in the final two Summer League games.
As expected, the Mavericks came to terms Monday with Mahinmi, the 6-11 center who has spent the last three seasons with San Antonio, although he missed all of 2008-09 with an ankle injury.
Mahinmi agreed to a two-year contract that starts at the NBA veteran's minimum of about $850,000.
A big reason why he is signing with the Mavericks is Roddy Beaubois. The two have been close friends for some time and will play together this summer on the French national team at the World Championships.
"He's a very good friend of mine and he's a good player," Beaubois said of Mahinmi. "He'll be good for our team. I've never played with him, but he's my boy and he likes to work and wants to get better. I'm happy for him"
Rick Carlisle said it was Mahinmi's potential that has the Mavericks excited.
"He's a young, athletic big guy that we like as a prospect," Carlisle said. "He can help us a little now and we think he can get better."
The 230-pound Mahinmi played sparingly with the Spurs, seeing more action with the National Basketball Development League Austin Toros. In 26 games with the Spurs last year, Mahinmi averaged 3.9 points and 2.0 rebounds.

J Mack
07-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Fare well Ian and best of luck. wish you had a chance to prove yourself here but oh well. :toast

smrattler
07-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Summer league still for Ian? Isn't half a decade on that team enough time already? They should have an age limit or something.

And I'm surprised anyone is still using the words "prospect" or any variation to describe him. He WAS a "prospect, a project, with "potential" in 2005. I think after so long, your potential should have shined by now.

silverblackfan
07-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Hell, I am hoping good things for him. He always seemed to be a good teammate and didn't complain about his playing time. No hate here.

smrattler
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Hell, I am hoping good things for him. He always seemed to be a good teammate and didn't complain about his playing time. No hate here.

Why can't I be like you? I need some meds or something.

FilSpursFan
07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
traitor!

He could be our mole at _ALLAS, or else I already hate the guy:ihit

Russ
07-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Bon voyage, Ian. :toast

Bruno
07-14-2010, 08:38 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

I don't know how you can trash Mahinmi for signing with Dallas. It's beyond ridiculous.

Mahinmi has been in the league for 3 years and has failed to have some kind of impact. He was playing for a team (Spurs), that is considered to have one of the best staff in the league and this team decided that he wasn't worth being re-signed.

Do you honestly believe that the 29 other NBA teams were ringing at Ian's door on July 1st and Ian decided to sign with Mavs just to screw Spurs?

Truth is that Ian has still one foot out the NBA. I guess few teams have talked to him and some of them should only have offered a non-guaranteed contract. Ian went with the best opportunity he had and it was Dallas.

Oh yeah, Ian should have renounced at his last shot at making it in the NBA just because it was with Dallas, a rival of Spurs. After all, it's just his whole career that is in play and pleasing some Spurs fans is way more important.

Unreal...

mavsfan1000
07-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't know how anyone can stop the Mavs now after this signing. ;)

jdiggy0424
07-14-2010, 11:28 PM
lmao mavsfan

dav4463
07-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Ian will be on a list of Spurs greats right between Sylvester Norris and Wiley Peck.

mathbzh
07-15-2010, 01:37 PM
And I'm surprised anyone is still using the words "prospect" or any variation to describe him. He WAS a "prospect, a project, with "potential" in 2005. I think after so long, your potential should have shined by now.

Maybe because he is not yet 24, started playing basketball at 15yo, didn't have a chance to prove himself during the last 2 years, was considered the top prospect in NBDL (this is not saying much), had a couple of intriguing games when given the chance to play.
He is definitely a prospect... and as most prospects there is a high probably he never become a "real" NBA player.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-15-2010, 01:44 PM

I don't know how you can trash Mahinmi for signing with Dallas. It's beyond ridiculous.

Mahinmi has been in the league for 3 years and has failed to have some kind of impact. He was playing for a team (Spurs), that is considered to have one of the best staff in the league and this team decided that he wasn't worth being re-signed.

Do you honestly believe that the 29 other NBA teams were ringing at Ian's door on July 1st and Ian decided to sign with Mavs just to screw Spurs?

Truth is that Ian has still one foot out the NBA. I guess few teams have talked to him and some of them should only have offered a non-guaranteed contract. Ian went with the best opportunity he had and it was Dallas.

Oh yeah, Ian should have renounced at his last shot at making it in the NBA just because it was with Dallas, a rival of Spurs. After all, it's just his whole career that is in play and pleasing some Spurs fans is way more important.

Unreal...

I agree with most of this take. I have a problem with saying he couldn't make a mark. We all know the Spurs and their history of dealing with rookies and project players. It's just as likely at this point that he blossoms into a rotation player as it is that he bombs out. Only time will tell.

TwelveGs210
07-15-2010, 06:02 PM
good riddance..he just seemed clumsy, and just didnt seem he would ever be consistant..he reminded me of Elson/Samaki, as in for every good thing he does, he gives you 2 mistakes in return.

Obstructed_View
07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
good riddance..he just seemed clumsy, and just didnt seem he would ever be consistant..he reminded me of Elson/Samaki, as in for every good thing he does, he gives you 2 mistakes in return.

Ignorant takes like this are why I'm glad he's gone.

SPURSGOAT
07-15-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't know how anyone can stop the Mavs now after this signing. ;)

:lol

TwelveGs210
07-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Ignorant takes like this are why I'm glad he's gone.

Care to explain how it's ignorant? Guessing you probably thought he would be the face of the franchise some day, huh?

TwelveGs210
07-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Guess not..must be be the typical "arrogant, douchebag veteran poster" type of response you would find on any message board.

Dex
07-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Unreal...

To clarify, I have nothing against Ian as a person. I wished him well with the Spurs. I saw him play several times in Austin. I wanted the guy to succeed, and was disappointed / frustrated when he didn't.

That being said, he's moved on. I agree that he no longer owes much loyalty to San Antonio or their fans. In that regard, we no longer owe that much loyalty to him. Thus, I give him as many best wishes as I would any other Maverick, and thats none.

I don't blame the guy for taking a job. Sure I'd love for him to do well...but won't cheer for it while he's wearing a blue jersey. FTM.

ChuckD
07-15-2010, 07:30 PM

Clumsy's probably the wrong word. Since he came so late to the game, he didn't really have a feel for it, often being in the wrong place on both offense and defense. He's a superlative athlete, but an average or below average basketball player.

ace3g
07-15-2010, 07:32 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN

Special bonus SL twitter coverage: Ex Spur Mahinmi starting for Summer Mavs vs. Wiz

dbestpro
07-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Guess not..must be be the typical "arrogant, douchebag veteran poster" type of response you would find on any message board.

I'll be your huckleberry. You said he was clumsy, inconsistent, and makes twice the mistakes of good deeds, and then you accuse some of calling Ian the face of the franchise.

You were given a reply by a poster that basically implied that Ian deserved better than your unwarranted criticism to which you reply to the poster as being arrogant and a douchebag just because he has posted many times in this forum.

Now, what we do know is that Ian recieved inconsistant play, but when he did play he was productive for the minutes and always played hard. Ian being clumsy is subjective and cannot be quantified. Inconsistant minutes makes for inconsistant play so I will give you that. Now, twice the mistakes as to good deeds can be quantified. I am interested in how you will present this statistically. Also, can you verify where O-view has ever said that Ian will be the face of the franchise? The ball is in your court.

ace3g
07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
JMcDonald_SAEN

Talked to Mav Mahinmi. Said he was frustrated w/ lack of opp in SA, but has no regrets.

Jeff McDonald JMcDonald_SAEN

"It's another chapter in my life," Ian says. "I'm very excited." ... Many in SA are pulling for him. He was always well-liked.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Care to explain how it's ignorant? Guessing you probably thought he would be the face of the franchise some day, huh?

If that had ever been my contention, you might not sound so stupid saying things like that. I've never said anything more than he should get more opportunities to play based on what he's shown. You seem blinded by your glee at seeing Mahinmi fail as a Spur. The tendency for people that share your mindset to mischaracterize anyone who disagrees with them is fairly typical.

You've compared him to Samaki Walker and Francisco Elson. Let's delve a bit, shall we? One of those guys played 142 games with the Spurs over two seasons and the other 111 games in one and a half seasons (including 11 minutes per game during a title run). Mahinmi played in 32 games in two full seasons, all garbage minutes. Not really a comparison.

He got to play more than ten minutes seven times. Seven (7). In those seven games he had 9.7 ppg, 5.4 rpg, .5 blocks, .5 turnovers, and 3 fouls per game in 15 minutes per game, which would make him statistically the third best big on the team, better than Dice, and better than Bonner. Despite the inconsistent numbers, his production was ridiculous. His per 36 minute numbers were insane. Considering how badly the Spurs could have used interior defense during the season, it really wasn't too much to ask that he get some burn early in the season.

Seriously, how can a Spurs fan be happy that Mahinmi couldn't get a few of Bonner's minutes? How can a Spurs fan be happy that Mahinmi couldn't get a few of smallball's minutes?

You've pronounced him clumsy, though he has very good hands, has a good post game and moves his feet very well on defense. You've compared him to partially productive NBA centers who got ample minutes and ample opportunity to play in order to justify his getting almost no chance whatsoever, ignoring the production that he had during his very few opportunities. You've ignored positive things that he's done just so you can suggest that he sucks. For those reasons, expect to be called ignorant.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2010, 06:22 AM
It's just as likely at this point that he blossoms into a rotation player as it is that he bombs out. Only time will tell.

Exactly. I would have loved to have found out which while the Spurs had an opportunity to benefit. Worst case scenario at this point is that he becomes a useful player for Dallas, and we've basically watched the Spurs become the Mavericks' AAA afiliate.

bigfan
07-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Tonight 1 for 5 and 3 for 9 at the line before fouling out. Blechhhhh.

ElNono
07-18-2010, 10:23 PM

He didn't foul out. You can commit up to 10 fouls in the summer league.
That said, 6 fouls in 20 minutes is quite a bit.

Obstructed_View
07-18-2010, 10:27 PM

If it makes you feel better to think he sucks, make sure not to watch the replay of the game. Just look at the box score. In fact, don't even look at the other team's box score or you'll figure out how he defended a couple well-regarded young bigs, one of whom looked like he was going to cry at one point from frustration.

DPG21920
07-18-2010, 10:27 PM
He also blocked shots, harrassed a top 5 pick and played solid defense. He also drew fouls and got to the line.

ElNono
07-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes, to Ian's credit, Cousins almost wanted to punch him at some point. He was real physical with him.

Dr. Gonzo
07-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes, to Ian's credit, Cousins almost wanted to punch him at some point. He was real physical with him.

Constant fouling is different than playing physical D.

OV's constant Mahinmi ball licking is amusing.

SenorSpur
07-18-2010, 11:35 PM
You've compared him to Samaki Walker and Francisco Elson. Let's delve a bit, shall we? One of those guys played 142 games with the Spurs over two seasons and the other 111 games in one and a half seasons (including 11 minutes per game during a title run). Mahinmi played in 32 games in two full seasons, all garbage minutes. Not really a comparison.

He got to play more than ten minutes seven times. Seven (7). In those seven games he had 9.7 ppg, 5.4 rpg, .5 blocks, .5 turnovers, and 3 fouls per game in 15 minutes per game, which would make him statistically the third best big on the team, better than Dice, and better than Bonner. Despite the inconsistent numbers, his production was ridiculous. His per 36 minute numbers were insane. Considering how badly the Spurs could have used interior defense during the season, it really wasn't too much to ask that he get some burn early in the season.

Seriously, how can a Spurs fan be happy that Mahinmi couldn't get a few of Bonner's minutes? How can a Spurs fan be happy that Mahinmi couldn't get a few of smallball's minutes?

You've pronounced him clumsy, though he has very good hands, has a good post game and moves his feet very well on defense.

Good take.

What people seem to miss is that Ian had quietly developed enough skills to evolve into a true back-to-basket center. The only other one the Spurs had on the roster besides Duncan. While he probably wasn't ready to go 30+mins versus the Fakers, I don't know how anyone could trash him for his work ethic and desire, for being a good teammate and for the skills that he showed. It's a goddamn shame that he never got a "real" chance to crack the rotation - even early last season when Bonner was hurt and Dice was struggling. I will always believe that he could've been a rotation player.

THAT is what is most frustrating for him and for others, like myself, that saw some promising skills. It's been said before, no one really knows what he could've been because he never got a chance to play. Therefore, he remains an enigma.

I wish him the best and hope that he evolves into a solid rotation player.

Obstructed_View
07-19-2010, 05:51 AM
Constant fouling is different than playing physical D.
And if you'd watched the game you'd know that he did the latter not the former.

venitian navigator
07-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Frankly, there was no reason to not sign him this season...at least just for his defensive skills. Expecially now that looks like there are some problems for Richards about signing with us...
We still need a 6th big (after Tim, Dice, Splitter, Bonner and Blair) and imho Ian could have been the ideal one...for all the reasons a lot of people, me included, have written more than one time (he already knows the system and the players, has very good athletic skills, and does not have the status to ask for a lot of minutes...).considering our best two bigs are old and need rest, for games also (not only for minutes) during the regular season...
However, maybe the F.O. will "rebound" with the acquisition of a very good 6th big still on the market...

TJastal
07-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Frankly, there was no reason to not sign him this season...at least just for his defensive skills. Expecially now that looks like there are some problems for Richards about signing with us...
We still need a 6th big (after Tim, Dice, Splitter, Bonner and Blair) and imho Ian could have been the ideal one...for all the reasons a lot of people, me included, have written more than one time (he already knows the system and the players, has very good athletic skills, and does not have the status to ask for a lot of minutes...).considering our best two bigs are old and need rest, for games also (not only for minutes) during the regular season...
However, maybe the F.O. will "rebound" with the acquisition of a very good 6th big still on the market...

Knowing Pop, we'll probably end up with some semi-retired scrub like Keith Bogans who Pop will call his new "centerpiece"

He'll bring Melvin Ely out of semi-retirement or go for the gusto and bring Melvin Turpin back from the dead (well, he'll try anyway)

Dr. Gonzo
07-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Knowing Pop, we'll probably end up with some semi-retired scrub like Keith Bogans who Pop will call his new "centerpiece"

He'll bring Melvin Ely out of semi-retirement or go for the gusto and bring Melvin Turpin back from the dead (well, he'll try anyway)

Yeah cause Pop is such a bad coach.

LeCrab
12-07-2010, 10:58 PM
rofl @ ian putting up a double double

Cant_Be_Faded
12-07-2010, 10:59 PM
fucking weak

Ditty
12-07-2010, 10:59 PM
rofl @ ian putting up a double double

who they play against?

SenorSpur
12-07-2010, 11:04 PM
12 points, 10 rebounds and 1 block versus the Warriors.

DPG21920
12-07-2010, 11:05 PM
He altered a lot of shots as well.

ChuckD
12-07-2010, 11:07 PM
12 points, 10 rebounds and 1 block versus the Warriors.

DPG21920
12-07-2010, 11:08 PM
"Malik is not ready for the NBA, Gee is!"

LeCrab
12-07-2010, 11:09 PM
"Malik is not ready for the NBA, Gee is!"

:bang

Ditty
12-07-2010, 11:11 PM
splitter will then go for 24 points and 20 rebounds :lol

Ian got some skills to bad he is injury prone(well kinda was), foul prone, low b ball iq and will probably not play too much against good teams and has a coach who has something against playing young player

duncan228
12-08-2010, 01:11 AM
...As for Mahinmi, the Spurs castoff who last played extended minutes in an impressive showing in San Antonio on Nov. 26 and helped snap his former team’s 12-game win streak, he notched his first career double-double, which is one more than Haywood, the Mavs’ $55 million man, has this season.

Eight of Mahinmi’s 12 points – three shy of his career-high – came at the free throw line on 10 attempts, which tied Haywood’s makes at the line on 32 attempts all season. Mahinmi, with a career-high 10 rebounds in a career-tying 21 minutes, was so active that even though coach Rick Carlisle praised Haywood’s work -- four points, six rebounds and three blocked shots in 19 minutes -- he stuck with Mahinmi for the entirety of a close fourth quarter with the win streak on the line.

Forgive yourself if Mahinmi doesn’t ring a bell. The little-used third-year pro apparently even shocked and awed Golden State coach Keith Smart.

“We knew he was on the roster,” Smart said before adding that he also knew he was a talented player.

“It’s great, especially for a guy like me,” Mahinmi said. “I’m looking for that kind of opportunity and for me to be able to come out and, not knowing when I’m going to get my playing time, it’s good. That means that all the work I do on an everyday basis works. So I’m going to keep doing what I do and hopefully get more playing time.”

Chandler might be recovered from his stomach bout by Thursday’s game against the New Jersey Nets. If not, Haywood will likely get the start, but Mahinmi, making less than $1 million, is pushing for minutes and Carlisle said he likes a good competition.

“He competes hard in practice. In games like tonight, he makes a strong case,” Carlisle said. “I am not by any stretch saying Haywood didn’t play well. I thought he did a good job, too. I just thought Ian’s energy level was the real difference-maker in the game.”

French Connection centers join fun (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4672192/french-connection-centers-get-in-on-the-fun)
Jeff Caplan

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4672192/french-connection-centers-get-in-on-the-fun

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 01:19 AM
"Malik is not ready for the NBA, Gee is!"What does this mean?

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 01:25 AM
It means someone with that analysis can't call scoreboard on someone else.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 01:26 AM
It means someone with that analysis can't call scoreboard on someone else.Isn't Gee in the NBA though?

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Isn't Ian?

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Isn't Ian?That wasn't part of your sentence. You changed the subject in the first place.

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 01:30 AM
You are a silly dude sometimes. It was in a thread about Ian. It's implied. Stop being you and bug someone else.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 01:32 AM
You are a silly dude sometimes. It was in a thread about Ian. It's implied. Stop being you and bug someone else.But Gee has been starting in the NBA a few games and Hairston is not in the NBA.

You seem to be calling scoreboard on that because you think Hairston is more NBA ready than Gee.

Is that what you are doing?

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 01:39 AM
No. I'm saying someone who dogs Ian who is in the NBA, but at the same time elevated gee up can't call scoreboard.

Also slumming around the NBA doesn't make a guy a better player or prospect, especially when there are injuries involved.

:lol at the gee is starting schtick.

Cue the "well isn't he..."

I guess everyone who is in the NBA is > than those not. Like Ime is clearly better than Malik.

Point is w that comment that guys trying to use the shit argument "well player x is in the NBA & player y is not therefor player x >>>>>> player y" is silly especially when they speak out of both sides of their mouth w regards to Ian being a scrub.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 01:42 AM
No. I'm saying someone who dogs Ian who is in the NBA, but at the same time elevated gee up can't call scoreboard.

Also slumming around the NBA doesn't make a guy a better player or prospect, especially when there are injuries involved.

:lol at the gee is starting schtick.

Cue the "well isn't he..."

I guess everyone who is in the NBA is > than those not. Like Ime is clearly better than Malik.

Point is w that comment that guys trying to use the shit argument "well player x is in the NBA & player y is not therefor player x >>>>>> player y" is silly especially when they speak out of both sides of their mouth w regards to Ian being a scrub.You said someone was stupid for saying Gee is ready for the NBA.

Gee is in the NBA.

Looks like he was ready.

I don't see how this is a victory for a person who doesn't think Gee is ready for the NBA.

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 01:45 AM
Specious argument. Per the usual from you.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Specious argument. Per the usual from you.Not at all.

It's not my fault your scoreboard analogy makes no sense because Gee is, in fact, in the NBA.

It's funnier now because you are angrily sticking to it.

Yeah, Malik isn't in the NBA, which proves my point that he is ready for the NBA!

Gee is in the NBA, which proves my point that he isn't ready for the NBA!

:tu

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Lol angrily. I can make stuff up to and then use cool Internet lingo like e-grudge :tu

Your argument sucks. I just explained why (see udoka,ime) and you know what I meant (as any logical human would) but you continue to play dumb (hopefully playing?).

All that is going to happen is everyone will call you dense, say you know the point I was trying to make, then you'll scamper along and call people "butt hurt" and say they are angry :lol.

Rinse & Repeat.

Now cue your reply that repeats most of what I said about you back towards me :lol

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Lol angrily. I can make stuff up to and then use cool Internet lingo like e-grudge :tu

Your argument sucks. I just explained why (see udoka,ime) and you know what I meant (as any logical human would) but you continue to play dumb (hopefully playing?).

All that is going to happen is everyone will call you dense, say you know the point I was trying to make, then you'll scamper along and call people "butt hurt" and say they are angry :lol.

Rinse & Repeat.

Now cue your reply that use repeats most of what I said about you back towards me :lolNo, I'll just say your proclaiming scoreboard about Gee still makes no sense no matter how you try to spin it.

You tried, but failed.

Didn't work out for you. Should have edited the post. Just looks dumb now. It happens.

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Guy, if anyone looks dumb, it's the adult male that post things like "e-grudge"

So I guess Malik was NBA ready when he was in the NBA last year but magically became unready now that he is gone. Much like how Gee wasn't NBA ready when Malik was with the Spurs, but now he is because he is hanging on for dear life.

Ya. Your argument wasn't specious at all. :lol

Question, is, in your opinion, ime a better player than Malik?

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Also, I already explained I'm not calling score board on gee. I'm saying others can't back gee and trash Ian. So if you are going to fly off the handle about something, at least get it right.

jjktkk
12-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Guy, if anyone looks dumb, it's the adult male that post things like "e-grudge"

So I guess Malik was NBA ready when he was in the NBA last year but magically became unready now that he is gone. Much like how Gee wasn't NBA ready when Malik was with the Spurs, but now he is because he is hanging on for dear life.

Question, is, in your opinion, ime a better player than Malik?

Malik has more physical talent, but he needs to approve on his jumper.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Guy, if anyone looks dumb, it's the adult male that post things like "e-grudge"Looks like it's catching on.

Question, is, in your opinion, ime a better player than Malik?Dunno. I would say he is NBA ready because he is on an NBA team -- just like Gee.

Any NBA could have picked up Malik Hairston for a minimum contract.

Any NBA team.

Did an NBA team pick him up?

Yes or no.

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Answer my question first. Is ime better than Malik.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Also, I already explained I'm not calling score board on gee. I'm saying others can't back gee and trash Ian. So if you are going to fly off the handle about something, at least get it right.Who are you to tell people whom they can or can't trash?

Are you the trash police?

Give us a list of people we are allowed to trash.

Thanks in advance.

lol handle flying

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 02:13 AM
So was tiago not NBA ready last year, but is now?

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:14 AM
So was tiago not NBA ready last year, but is now?Now you are making a specious argument.

No NBA team could have signed him last year for a minimum contract like they could have signed Malik this year.

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Who are you to tell people whom they can or can't trash?

Are you the trash police?

Give us a list of people we are allowed to trash.

Thanks in advance.

lol handle flying

Why are you getting so angry.

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 02:15 AM
No NBA team could have signed him last year for a minimum contract.

But he wasn't in the NBA, yes or no? K, thanks.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Why are you getting so angry.lol not knowing what lol means.

I'm laughing at you and your attempts to dictate whom we can trash.

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:17 AM
But he wasn't in the NBA, yes or no? K, thanks.Who was able to sign him for a minimum contract last year?

Thanks for avoiding this question in advance.

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Show me where I said I'm calling scoreboard unless you are ok making up lies to look cool. K, thanks.

Also:

Splitter will never put on that kind of weight until after he retires.

Link? Or are you just making this up? How did you come to this conclusion? You'd have to be close to him to be able to say "never", no?

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Show me where I said I'm calling scoreboard unless you are ok making up lies to look cool. K, thanks.I doubt this would make me look cool.

But if this means you are walking back from a claim that Malik is NBA ready and Gee is not, that's understandable.

Also:Taken care of.

DPG21920
12-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Still no quotes of me calling scoreboard. Hmmm.

Blackjack
12-08-2010, 02:26 AM
There's no Gee in T-H-C. :smokin

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:28 AM
Still no quotes of me calling scoreboard. Hmmm.OK, so you think Gee is NBA ready and Malik is not and never argued otherwise.

Sorry I misunderstood your angry rants. Turns our we agreed all along.

Blackjack
12-08-2010, 02:31 AM
If it makes you feel any better, Chump, I don't agree with you. :toast

ChumpDumper
12-08-2010, 02:32 AM
If it makes you feel any better, Chump, I don't agree with you. :toast:tu