PDA

View Full Version : eeaarly 2010-2011 predictions

sananspursfan21
07-14-2010, 03:26 PM
i know it's real early to do this, but i need a break from all the tp trade and shaq threads.

say the spurs are mostly done with roster changes (assume rj's back and insert lle sf), how do the spurs do in the 10-11 season. what's their record, playoffs, what seed? championship or not?

splitter should help alot and team chemistry has to go up, i say spurs finish 55-27, modest and realistic. 4th seed and they lose conference finals (hope i'm underestimating).

lefty
07-14-2010, 03:31 PM
82-0

mudyez
07-14-2010, 03:40 PM
i know it's real early to do this, but i need a break from all the tp trade and shaq threads.

say the spurs are mostly done with roster changes (assume rj's back and insert lle sf), how do the spurs do in the 10-11 season. what's their record, playoffs, what seed? championship or not?

splitter should help alot and team chemistry has to go up, i say spurs finish 55-27, modest and realistic. 4th seed and they lose conference finals (hope i'm underestimating).

that means we beat the 1st seed...Lakers!?

Seventyniner
07-14-2010, 03:40 PM

If the Spurs are the #4 seed, they would have to beat the #1 seed to make the conference finals. If you mean the Spurs will beat the Lakers, they should get to the Finals. Otherwise the Lakers won't be #1, and in that case, who will?

chazley
07-14-2010, 03:41 PM
First off, if they're the 4th seed, they either will lose in the 2nd round or make it to the Finals. 85% chance if they're 4th they lose in 2nd round.

My prediction: Everyone ('experts') will be talking about how the Spurs once again came out of no where and are playing great ball in March. This is one of our deepest Spurs teams ever, but our top 3 are no longer at their peak. If RJ comes back (hope he does), we are definitely title contenders. The Lakers are actually getting pretty old, with Gasol being the only one in his prime and Bynum always being injured. If the Lakers take a step back, I expect us to take advantage. I believe they will because they lack depth.

I think the Thunder will end up getting the #2 seed, and the Spurs get the #3 seed, Suns #4

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if we were anywhere from 1-4 seed, but it would take a huge injury for us not to have home court advantage in first round at least.

If RJ doesn't come back, I think we will see a very interesting starting lineup of Manu/TP/Hill/TD/Splitter. The 3 guard/2 big lineup was VERY successful for us last year.

Official prediction: 56-26, #3 seed, lose in conference finals to Lakers. Lakers will lose to Heat in Finals (any team will).

Warlord23
07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
The last few seasons have shown how important homecourt is when playing LA. The Lakers got stretched by teams like the Rockets, Nuggets, Thunder, Suns and Celtics, but ended up winning in the end. Joey Crawford and co. will not let LA lose if they have HCA. The Spurs (or any other West contender) will need HCA vs LA to get out of the West.

mudyez
07-14-2010, 03:48 PM
The last few seasons have shown how important homecourt is when playing LA. The Lakers got stretched by teams like the Rockets, Nuggets, Thunder, Suns and Celtics, but ended up winning in the end. Joey Crawford and co. will not let LA lose if they have HCA. The Spurs (or any other West contender) will need HCA vs LA to get out of the West.

ok, than let us finish first! :hat

Texas_Ranger
07-14-2010, 03:51 PM
I predict Dallas not winning the championships ring... again.

Samr
07-14-2010, 05:41 PM
I predict Dallas not winning the championships ring... again.

Thanks for going out on a limb.

Assuming everyone is healthy, if Splitter is IS REASONABLY GOOD, I think the Spurs will face the Lakers in the WCF. I'd like to say the Spurs win the series, but I'm not sure.

Assuming everyone is healthy, Splitter and Anderson both make a SIGNIFICANT IMPACT, I say Spurs handedly beat LA in WCF game 6.

If everyone is not healthy, and if Splitter and Anderson make little difference, I think it's Spurs loss in the semis.

I also think the Heat will make the finals, and get absolutely humiliated.

Again, really early predictions.

silverblk mystix
07-14-2010, 06:17 PM

This.

Spurs never worried too much about HCA---but i think now that it is very clear that against L.A.---HCA is crucial because of the refs.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-14-2010, 06:18 PM
2nd seed. 59 - 23. They are that good.

07-14-2010, 06:36 PM
the spurs, as is, assuming jefferson is re-signed, will not be good enough to match the lakers in a seven game series. they might win 52-56 games and come out of the west in second place. i expect the spurs to head into the WCF and push the lakers to their limits instead of going out with a whimper in 08, 09 against the mavs, and 10 against the suns. anything less would be a disappointment especially considering the weaker state of the west.

chazley
07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Sorry I stopped reading when you wrote this:lmao

You'll see. Suns are the biggest sleeper team out west. Hakim Warrick is also possibly the biggest bargain of this free agent class (Splitter is close, but is completely unproven), he fits perfect in that system and will put up numbers. Childress/Turkoglu are also gonna be great fits.

underdawg
07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
the spurs, as is, assuming jefferson is re-signed, will not be good enough to match the lakers in a seven game series. they might win 52-56 games and come out of the west in second place. i expect the spurs to head into the WCF and push the lakers to their limits instead of going out with a whimper in 08, 09 against the mavs, and 10 against the suns. anything less would be a disappointment especially considering the weaker state of the west.

Spurs have yet to address protecting the paint and perimeter defense - don't see any playoff success until that happens.

Not saying it can't happen, but who's our shot blockers of our big men - just a declining Tim? Who's our best perimeter defenders - just Hill (to a limited degree)?

We've improved our offense with a healthy TP, a more experienced Hill and Blair, Splitter and Anderson (maybe Temple/Gee) - just don't see where we've improved our defense and that's what's hurt us in the playoffs for the past 3 years.

gospursgojas
07-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Same team. Same results

200 miles
07-14-2010, 10:01 PM
63-19

Splitter wins ROY

Spurs clinch #2 seed

Book it. (All of this happens if everybody is healthy throughout the season, of course.)

8FOR!3
07-14-2010, 10:27 PM
So much potential on this team...George Hill, DeJuan Blair, James Anderson, Tiago Splitter, I'll even add Garrett Temple, Richard Jefferson (Because we know he's capable of a better year,) and another possible SF coming in (James Jones anyone?) Obviously potential doesn't mean much, but it does make me think surely some of these guys are going to step up to the plate and be a star for us, or even a big time role player (Splitter?) or maybe even just a decent role player like James Jones that can fill the role that Bogans was supposed to play.

And it's not like they have to do it by themselves, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Antonio McDyess, and The Red fuckin Rocket ;) are a hell of a group to build your new young guys around.

chazley
07-15-2010, 05:17 PM
63-19

Splitter wins ROY

Spurs clinch #2 seed

Book it. (All of this happens if everybody is healthy throughout the season, of course.)

Splitter isn't winning ROY no matter what, sorry.

beachwood
07-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Assuming everyone is healthy and with what looks to be a somewhat weakened Western conference, I say we go 52-30 and another 2nd round knockout.

Obstructed_View
07-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Gee, a thread with fifty people guessing what's going to happen. Um, I predict several major injuries and a Tony Parker trade for draft picks.