PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner as a trade chip

Fabbs
07-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Certainly if Greg "CIA Pop" knew it was worth giving Matt Bonner a 4 year multi million dollar contract, other NBA teams, no doubt most if not all who were hoping to snag Bonner in free agency, must be envious of the signing of BonBon.

While of course we all would like to keep Bonner, especially come playoff time when he has shined the brightest, what would other NBA coaches and GMs be willing to part with to get their hands on BonBon? Wouldn't we have to consider monster offers for him?

The Btown Spur
07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I dont think the spurs signed bonner to a multi year deal and held a press conference about it just to trade him a week later. Even though most of us would like them to.

spursfan1000
07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Bonner is too good IMO, unless we can get a couple 1st rounders and a trade exception.

slick'81
07-14-2010, 07:18 PM
lol@bonner doing any good

EricB
07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Well if you weren't a troll I would tell you the you can't trade a player signed till December.

But you aren't serious so who gives a shit.

SenorSpur
07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
If only Pop felt the same way. As much as some of us have tired of Bonner's playoff suckiness, it's obvious Pop has not. He STILL values what Bonner brings - and there is something to be said for that.

Unless the Spurs are involved in trade talks that brings back Ryan Anderson , Troy Murphy or some other "stretch 4", do not count on Bonner going anywhere.

lurker23
07-14-2010, 07:43 PM
LOL at people taking the OP seriously.

Matt Bonner is a Spur, and probably will be for the next 4 years. The sooner people get over it and move on with their lives, the better off we'll all be.

BadOne
07-14-2010, 07:55 PM
LOL at people taking the OP seriously.

Matt Bonner is a Spur, and probably will be for the next 4 years. The sooner people get over it and move on with their lives, the better off we'll all be.

This...

Like it or not...Pop still sees this guy in his plans. [For the record...me no likey...but again...it is what it is.]:jack

JsnSA
07-14-2010, 08:16 PM
The funny thing is that over the last two years Bonner has put together some nice stretches where he continue to hit 3s left and right and becomes a very productive member of the team. The problem is that once the playoffs come around he gets all meek and doesn't do jack.

I'm really hoping that if Bonner does go on a regular season hot streak again this year we will take that opportunity to see if we can move him for someone who would step up in the playoffs instead of wilting away. If we cannot then I guess we just keep Bonner and pray he grows a set before the playoffs comes around again.

Spursmania
07-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I'd just like to forget about Bonner for awhile.