PDA

View Full Version : Keys to Beat the Cheat

peteee
07-14-2010, 10:16 PM
1. low tempo: a low tempo would generally lead to less total shots taken, which would do nothing good to the Cheat. Each of them was the main offensive option for their respective teams in the past years, and the majority of shots were supposedly delivered to their hands to launch.

Just a month ago I thought the Cheat would hardly be able to get another superstar to accompany D-Whistle, because there's basically no way to accommodate them even if their finance permits. Lebron used to take about a half of his team's total shots, so did Bosh and D-Whistle, and they were all the league's top scorers averaging at least 25pts/game each. None of them wants to see his stats/career coming into the autumn version while their bodies are right in prime versions.

predictably the treble will do their best to speed up the game, so as to increase the total shots and to get some extra chances from opponent's turnovers. so the first tip we need to keep in mind playing against the Cheat is that we should try to play a lento style.

2. rebound: Bosh is a great rebounder and the other two are also pretty good at rebounding for their positions, so it's going to be a tough job to outrace them in rebounding. even if you're not able to grab more rebounds at their halfcourt, at least make sure you can take care of the defensive rebounds.

3. defense inside: just don't give them any easy penetration into your paint. Compared to conceding mass points in paint, I'd rather see them scoring from outside. They're all great players, which I have to admit, but their shooting skills are far below the top-class level.

Especially for D-Whistle, he may probably make half of the shots launched under high-pressure defense but generally he misses 3 quarters of them when there's no defense at all in front of his face.

4. brutal defense (at all costs, regardless of fouls): just take a look at how the Netherlanders treated Spaniards in the world cup final.

5. restrict your own turnovers

to be continued.

Giuseppe
07-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Peteee, gettin' his asshole on.

Flo-Rida
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
:wakeup

2pac > Kobe
07-14-2010, 11:51 PM
delonte west

mavsfan1000
07-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Don't forget to pound them inside. Very soft frontline. Ilgauskas and Bosh. lol

Flo-Rida
07-15-2010, 12:13 AM

Fuck u guys for getting chandler :bang

Kevin Durant 35
07-15-2010, 12:13 AM

+1 And Lakers are good at scoring in the paint so that might be the only problem with Heat playing against LA.

TheNextGen
07-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Gasol is a pussy and Bosh is a stud.

Big Z > Odom

Chucho
07-15-2010, 01:54 AM
^^^Of all the nonsense that gets posted on these boards, that might be the biggest load ever. Both Pau and Tissues Bosh are pussies of the highest order, but Pau is slightly less pussy than Bosh, he isn't afraid to d up on guys his size. Chris "I won't play center because I'm a snatch" Bosh can't and wont. The way Wade and LBJ could burn LA's wings, the Laker bigs could do in an easier manner to Tissues and Flatfoots.

TheManFromAcme
07-15-2010, 06:00 AM

Big Z > Odom

:lmao

Drew gonna smack down Bosh

TheManFromAcme
07-15-2010, 06:00 AM
^^^Of all the nonsense that gets posted on these boards, that might be the biggest load ever. Both Pau and Tissues Bosh are pussies of the highest order, but Pau is slightly less pussy than Bosh, he isn't afraid to d up on guys his size. Chris "I won't play center because I'm a snatch" Bosh can't and wont. The way Wade and LBJ could burn LA's wings, the Laker bigs could do in an easier manner to Tissues and Flatfoots.

:lol

Edward
07-15-2010, 06:32 AM

Big Z > Odom

retarded on both counts. Chris Bosh's soft makes Pau Gasol's soft look like Charles Oakley's tough.

:lmao Big Z > Odom

Nahtanoj
07-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Son they haven't even played a game let alone win one. There's nothing to beat yet.

Booharv
07-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Peteee, gettin' his asshole on.

Way to contribute. Intelligent as always. :tu

Flo-Rida
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
:lmao

Drew gonna smack down Bosh

U better worry about joel anthony
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ja1POsCSLGE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ja1POsCSLGE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Giuseppe
07-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Way to contribute. Intelligent as always. :tu

It's a stupid thread, Harv.

It's like that 121-63 horseshit thread.

Christ, BR's meanderings thru WNBA has both these beat by a mile.

MiamiHeat
07-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Joel Anthony will shut down Bynum 1on1.

MiamiHeat
07-15-2010, 09:18 AM
oh, and anthony is fast and agile. he can run up and down the court no problem

xellos88330
07-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Total team effort. That is how you are going to beat the Heat. Going to need every one of your players playing well to really put the pressure on the Heat role players. They might just shrink down and expect the 3 stars to bail them out.

picc84
07-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Nothing. Dan Gilbert already took care of it.

Edward
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Joel Anthony will shut down Bynum 1on1.

You've really turned into quite the homer because of this. Bynum has at least 4 inches and 40 pounds on Joel Anthony, yet you think someone as unproven as Anthony is gonna shut him down? Nigga please. If LA played this Miami team in the finals current roster withstanding, the only thing stopping Bynum is his health.

hater
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
#1 Key: run a train on Lebron's mom during the playoff series

Edward
07-15-2010, 10:18 AM
#1 Key: run a train on Lebron's mom during the playoff series

If Chris Bosh ran a train on Lebron's mom, that would mean she's a Dinosexual

Ashy Larry
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
U better worry about joel anthony
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ja1POsCSLGE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ja1POsCSLGE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

damn, you hear the Laker Broadcast and the professionalism of Stu Lantz and calling it like he sees it, giving props to Anthony for a nice move.

Now we have to listen to the screaming and blubbering fuck ups of Eric Reid, Tony Fiorentino and Jason Jackson. Only thing worse is those douche whistles in Portland and Tommy Heinsohn.

Giuseppe
07-15-2010, 10:59 AM
damn, you hear the Laker Broadcast and the professionalism of Stu Lantz and calling it like he sees it, giving props to Anthony for a nice move.

Now we have to listen to the screaming and blubbering fuck ups of Eric Reid, Tony Fiorentino and Jason Jackson. Only thing worse is those douche whistles in Portland and Tommy Heinsohn.

Al McCoy of the Suns sandwiched in there as well.

Venti Quattro
07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Make them work on defense. I don't care how you do it.

Fpoonsie
07-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Avoid the Noid.

bostonguy
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
:lmao:lmao@ a 6-9 Joel Anthony being a major factor in matching up with the Lakers size.

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2010, 01:45 PM
The Heat will definitely need to add another piece to the frontcourt, but let's be real here..the odds of Bynum being healthy for the Finals is like 25%..not a joke, he's been injured at that time for like 3 years in a row, there's a very little chance he actually makes it that far..

bostonguy
07-15-2010, 02:01 PM
The Heat will definitely need to add another piece to the frontcourt, but let's be real here..the odds of Bynum being healthy for the Finals is like 25%..not a joke, he's been injured at that time for like 3 years in a row, there's a very little chance he actually makes it that far..

Heat need a starting center and for Pat Riley to be coaching this team by November or December at the latest. Eric Spoelstra is a nice little coach but this team has Riley written all over it. If they can address those 2 things, I will start to believe they will be a super major threat to the Lakers.

sefant77
07-15-2010, 02:03 PM
3. defense inside: just don't give them any easy penetration into your paint. Compared to conceding mass points in paint, I'd rather see them scoring from outside. They're all great players, which I have to admit, but their shooting skills are far below the top-class level.

nba refs will laugh and blow their whistles

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2010, 02:06 PM
The Heat are a major threat either way, they have way too much talent and star power not to be..also, all the pieces they've added look like they're going to fit together, a good mix of shooting and defense..

I fully agree that they need a defensive C, but they're an elite team either way..

The Lakers weren't some dominant championship team like they were in '09, they were taken to 6 games or more in 3 of the 4 series', 2 of the series' basically ending by missed box outs from Phoenix and OKC..Kobe looked old against the only good defensive teams they played, and adding Blake doesn't really change the fact that they're extremely inconsistent at shooting from outside..

The reality is that the Lakers can be very dominant if Bynum is healthy, but if he isn't, which is likely, they won't have a major advantage over Miami, or even Boston/Orlando IMO..

bostonguy
07-15-2010, 02:12 PM
The Heat are a major threat either way, they have way too much talent and star power not to be..also, all the pieces they've added look like they're going to fit together, a good mix of shooting and defense..

I fully agree that they need a defensive C, but they're an elite team either way..

The Lakers weren't some dominant championship team like they were in '09, they were taken to 6 games or more in 3 of the 4 series'..Kobe looked old against the only good defensive teams they played, and adding Blake doesn't really change the fact that they're extremely inconsistent at shooting from outside..

The reality is that the Lakers can be very dominant if Bynum is healthy, but if he isn't, which is likely, they won't have a major advantage over Miami, or even Boston/Orlando IMO..

Glad you at least agree they need a starting center.I agree they are already an elite team but do you really think Miami is just going to have it so easy and hardly have to break a sweat? That they won't face any adversity in the playoffs? That everything will be going their way all the time?

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2010, 02:14 PM
No, I never said they're going to go 16-0 in the playoffs, I just believe they're going to win the title..it would be a lot easier with a decent starting C, but I also assume they will eventually find a way to acquire one..

If they don't, and Bynum is healthy, then I can see LA beating them..I just don't believe it's possible for Bynum to be healthy at that point..

bostonguy
07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
No, I never said they're going to go 16-0 in the playoffs, I just believe they're going to win the title..it would be a lot easier with a decent starting C, but I also assume they will eventually find a way to acquire one..

If they don't, and Bynum is healthy, then I can see LA beating them..I just don't believe it's possible for Bynum to be healthy at that point..

Agreed about Bynum's health. The Lakers height advantage is gone if/when he gets hurt.

Let me ask you this Harlem, do you expect Riley to be coaching this year and do you think it is vital that he does? Spoelstra isn't a horrible coach but it just seems that this team is built for Riley. Riley knows how to handle a team like this. I know he said "Spoelstra will be the coach" but what else was he going to say?

Andrew Bynum
07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
adding Blake doesn't really change the fact that they're extremely inconsistent at shooting from outside..

Adding a career 40% three point shooter doesn't really change their shooting from outside? Brilliant.