PDA

View Full Version : No one has talked about it....

phyzik
07-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I understand its pretty much a foregone conclusion..... but what if?

What are the odds that Tim signs an extension?

koriwhat
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
i understand its pretty much a foregone conclusion..... But what if?

What are the odds that tim signs an extension?

50/50

TheSullyMonster
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
With the other 50 being retirement.

8FOR!3
07-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I hear from my sources that he's wanting to go to Miami, but I think Stephen a smith just confirmed he's going to be a Knick next year....

ElNono
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I can see one more year, along with Pop, to wrap things up alongside Manu...

Past that, I doubt it...

DesignatedT
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
It all determines on how competitive we are. If we continue to be a contender than I could see him staying maybe 1 or 2 more years after his contract is up. If it looks like were on the decline than he will hang them up. He's a smart guy and he won't put himself in a bad situation.

angelbelow
07-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Tim or Tony?

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2010, 11:23 PM
his contract runs out next season...isnt it a player option? will he reject the 20m, and accept a longer offer at a lower price...

BadOne
07-14-2010, 11:23 PM
It all determines on how competitive we are. If we continue to be a contender than I could see him staying maybe 1 or 2 more years after his contract is up. If it looks like were on the decline than he will hang them up. He's a smart guy and he won't put himself in a bad situation.

This...

If you consider that he still produces at a higher level than even some younger Power Forwards [or Centers] in the league, I see him willing to stay coming off the bench, IF they can find a suitable full time replacement for him. It remains to be seen that Splitter or Blair would be the ones to receive that "torch", however knowing what kind of competitor he is...if he's healthy enough to still contribute, I see him re-signing likely for less. Just because he's that damn classy. :flag:

-BadOne

Lebowski Brickowski
07-14-2010, 11:24 PM
I bet Tim wants to go out like Big Dave. Everything is up in the air until then.

SpurCharger
07-14-2010, 11:45 PM
tim has 2 years left.... he should hang it up.... i dont ever wanna see tim scoring 8 pts a game comin off the bench.... 2 years and call it a career

bigdog
07-14-2010, 11:47 PM
I think he'll be done when this contract is over. If he doesn't win a ring by then and the team isn't a title contender, than he'll hang it up.

phyzik
07-15-2010, 12:28 AM
I honestly wouldnt be suprised if he re-ups for another 2-3 years.

His game will translate well for his age. He was never a banger down low. His game is all mental.

Teams are starting to leave him in single coverage, but he can still easily score and even command a double team when he gets hot. He just needs the right players around him to extend his career and I think Splitter and, gambling a bit here, Anderson are the right players to do it.... Along with Manu of course.

I love Tony as a player, I just dont think he will stay with the team after this season. He needs to be traded while we have some value with him. Anyone who thinks he is going to re-up with the Spurs after Timmy and Pop leave are living a pipe dream.

slick'81
07-15-2010, 12:32 AM
i dont even want to think about it :depressed first get tp extended then timmyD

UnWantedTheory
07-15-2010, 12:44 AM
A 36 year old TD? If we are still competitve, maybe 1 more year after his current contract is up....But I doubt it.

mike20spurs
07-15-2010, 01:21 AM
i think he opts out, signs for way less for 1 or 2 years, and then leaves enough room to bring in a quality free agent and become a championship contender one last time... that is if we dont win one by then which is 10-15% likely at best

alchemist
07-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Don't hold your breath, sure Phil is retiring next season but that Miami trio pretty much sealed up the Spurs hopes for Championships unfortunately.

m33p0
07-15-2010, 05:08 AM
i see him walking off into the sunset not looking back. there's nothing more for him to prove.

Warlord23
07-15-2010, 08:20 AM
2009-10 PER leaders (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics)

Timmy is #5 in the league in PER. He is still among the most efficient players in the league. Unless he declines significantly next year, I can see him restructuring his contract to play a Robinson-type role for another 3 years.

boutons_deux
07-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Billy Hunter is talking lockout next summer.

Dr. Gonzo
07-15-2010, 08:36 AM
He should be traded next year for Ian Mahinmi.

yavozerb
07-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Does anyone remember what d.rob made during his final contract?

Thomas82
07-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I can see one more year, along with Pop, to wrap things up alongside Manu...

Past that, I doubt it...

I honestly wouldnt be suprised if he re-ups for another 2-3 years.

His game will translate well for his age. He was never a banger down low. His game is all mental.

Teams are starting to leave him in single coverage, but he can still easily score and even command a double team when he gets hot. He just needs the right players around him to extend his career.

I love Tony as a player, I just dont think he will stay with the team after this season. He needs to be traded while we have some value with him. Anyone who thinks he is going to re-up with the Spurs after Timmy and Pop leave are living a pipe dream.

Also it depends on how his knees feel.

LoneStarState'sPride
07-15-2010, 09:55 AM

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww37/eddietheaggie2010/hammernail.jpg

Brazil
07-15-2010, 10:27 AM
with some many TP threads we are forgetting the future of our franchise player.

Kermit
07-15-2010, 10:39 AM

Isn't it comforting that you don't have to worry about what he's going to do?

Brazil
07-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Isn't it comforting that you don't have to worry about what he's going to do?

cauz you know what he is going to do ?

Dr. Gonzo
07-15-2010, 01:35 PM

We just lost him to the Mavs. :depressed

07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
many players play past the age of 35. 35 actually seems like an early retirement age. duncan should play until 36-37. no reason to stop unless his injuries don't heal. he should take the full deal next year (lockout) and then sign a modest 2yr/$16 million to help the spurs transition.

Seventyniner
07-15-2010, 02:29 PM
David Robinson played until 37 with a bad back, right? Shaq is still in the league, too. Tim could still be a pretty good part of a championship team for several more years, but the older he gets, the more help he'll need.

MannyIsGod
07-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Its questionable to me whether Tim is actually the centerpiece that carries a team to a championship anymore (obvious answer to who is Bogans, btw). I think for this team to win another title Manu and Tony have to be his equals although Tony could surpass him and probably will on the offensive end.

Fast forward a few years and I think Duncan can still be a very good big man in this league but he's likely never going to be amazing the way he was in the past. That being said I wouldn't mind him playing longer and he's said he wants to keep going as long as he can. Duncan doesn't strike me as the type to care about the stats he puts up and I think there has to be a slight chance of him playing as a damn good role player if the Spurs can somehow maintain being a contender.

alchemist
07-15-2010, 03:14 PM
We just lost him to the Mavs. :depressed
iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

:lol

BadMotorscooter
07-15-2010, 06:29 PM
It all depends on Hill, Blair, and Splitter. If that trio can evolve into great talent...I see Timmy re-uping for another 3 years. And he wont leave money on the table this time. The Spurs will give him the max and show him how much they appreciate what he's done for the francise. He'll get a contract like Kobe just signed. 3yrs/90 mil