PDA

View Full Version : lol 121-63

Findog
07-14-2010, 11:03 PM
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Just hung up the phone with agent Mark Bartelstein, who's irate over Hornets empty suit Hugh Weber reneging on a contract for Luther Head.

After firing Jeff Bower as GM, Weber is trying the slimy trick of 'failing' a healthy player on a physical to back out of a deal Bower made.

Weber is one more clown act running a team who doesn't know if the ball is stuffed or blown. With Shinn, he undermined Bower at every turn.

"This is just so unbelievably wrong," Bartelstein said. "This is just not the way I do business in the NBA."

Findog
07-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? Right, BRHornet?

sribb43
07-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Talk about shady...good luck getting any FA to sign in NO. CP3 already has his bags packed

Findog
07-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Talk about shady...good luck getting any FA to sign in NO. CP3 already has his bags packed

And they'll play it like the Raptors did with Bosh...hang onto him until he hits free agency, then trade him for picks and a TE when he reaches an agreement with a new team with the cap space to sign him.

redzero
07-15-2010, 04:08 AM
Hmm, I thought that backing out of that contract was kind of strange.

BRHornet45
07-15-2010, 04:23 AM
just fuck that red headed, step child bastard of a franchise ... I'm not even in the fucking mood to read this crap tonight.

Pelicans78
07-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Definitely a pathetic move by the FO. First firing the GM before the new owner has taken over the team, and now lying about a failed physical. Shinn is still the owner and is making major decisions at this time. No way Bower should have been fired while Shinn was officially the owner because I trust Bower more than Shinn or team brother-in-law Hugh Weber. Honestly, it wouldn't have surprised me if Chris Paul was behind the Bower firing and subsequently withdrawing Luther Head's contract. Paul's been yapping his mouth all summer about obtaining free agents even though he should know the team is right at the luxury tax because they signed his buddy James Posey and kept his other buddy Peja on the team.

Obstructed_View
07-15-2010, 08:34 AM
The worst part is, if Head didn't actually fail the physical, his value just plummeted with all the other teams, not to mention the jobs that were filled while they kept him occupied. Total shit move.

Booharv
07-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Meh, Head is barely an 8th man. I don't see a need to make any fuss over this bad case of etiquette which really just happened because of a front office changeover.

Edward
07-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Next off season is major decision making time for Nawlins. D-West and Marcus Thornton, maybe their two best players outside of CP3, are free agents, and they're gonna have to make a decision on CP3 regarding whether or not they trade him and rebuild or get him happy enough to sign an extension.

Trading Tyson Chandler for Okafor was so stupid I still don't get why they did it. That contract is Hedo Turkoglu bad.

SomeCallMeTim
07-15-2010, 10:29 AM
The worst part is, if Head didn't actually fail the physical, his value just plummeted with all the other teams, not to mention the jobs that were filled while they kept him occupied. Total shit move.

Then the Hornets are just begging for a lawsuit. Fraud, tortuous interference, etc. The best thing that could've happened is for Head to sign an equal or better contract elsewhere, but if he's now "tainted" good luck.

Ashy Larry
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM
CHRIS PAUL IS DEFINITELY GOING TO STAY WITH THE HORNETS

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww301/truewest662/LakersLauhginggif.gif