PDA

View Full Version : HBO has let me down...

Duff McCartney
05-16-2005, 10:30 PM
This came out a while ago...and I've known about it for some time. Rumors had been popping up since the second season ended a month ago.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/carnivale%20axed%20after%20two%20series

EMMY-winning TV show CARNIVALE has been ditched by American network HBO after just two series.

I'm very disappointed, this was by far one of the greatest shows to ever come out. There are a number of reasons HBO has put out that they canned the show, the most important being it was very expensive. I read estimates that the show cost around $53 million per season.

Still, I hope HBO realises the error of its ways and brings it back. The Wire got cancelled after it's first go and was brought back. I believe the same will happen with Carnivale. The show is just too damn good to be let go like that.

The second season left so many questions unanswered, and ended on a huge cliffhanger.

Gatita
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
I would rather watch re-runned movies than carnivale.

Zombie
05-16-2005, 11:21 PM
HBO(Homo) just sucks period!

Xolotl
05-16-2005, 11:22 PM

What you mean Pimps Up, Hoes Down wasn't brilliant programming??

nickbroken
05-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Carnivale really kinda sucked, Deadwood is way better.Carnivale is white trash vision noone really wants to see that shit.I mean everyone in it needs to take ateast three showers.

Taco
05-17-2005, 08:23 AM

Zombie!!!!

where have you been man!!!

T Park
05-17-2005, 08:33 AM
stupidest most pointless show Ive ever seen.

Mark in Austin
05-17-2005, 08:40 AM
The Wire wasn't cancelled - they just took their time making up their minds if they would renew it for a fourth season.

The main story line for Carnivale wrapped, and the show wasn't generating much buzz or ratings. These days, even on HBO if you have low ratings, you're gonna get axed, unless your show is cheap to produce (like Curb Your Enthusiasm) and/or is a critical smash (like The Wire - and they even almost cancelled it too). The Wire was named the best show on television by several magazines/critics last year; and made countless top ten lists.

The real culprit? ABC. For the first time in a decade, they have a solid Sunday lineup built around Desperate Housewives, which is dominating the ratings. For the first time in a while, none of HBO's sunday shows could compete.

Duff McCartney
05-17-2005, 11:43 AM
These days, even on HBO if you have low ratings, you're gonna get axed, unless your show is cheap to produce (like Curb Your Enthusiasm) and/or is a critical smash (like The Wire - and they even almost cancelled it too). The Wire was named the best show on television by several magazines/critics last year; and made countless top ten lists.

The critically acclaimed drama - which centres on a circus in Great Depression-era America - failed to increase its viewing figures during its recent second season, which ended in March (05), prompting HBO bosses to axe it.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/carnivale%20axed%20after%20two%20series