PDA

View Full Version : Sonic?

florige
07-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Is the food at this place really that fantastic? We are having one built here locally close to Baltimore, and if you lived here you would think the people here just hit the lottery. They are exstatic about this restaurant.

dallaskd
07-15-2010, 12:49 AM
holy shit, youve never had sonic?

florige
07-15-2010, 12:54 AM
holy shit, youve never had sonic?

No. Maybe I have never paid much attention until now because they are advertising this place all over Baltimore. This will be the FIRST Sonic I will have ever seen.

badfish22
07-15-2010, 12:56 AM
its pretty good. Whataburger is better though.

PM5K
07-15-2010, 01:00 AM
It's not like God's gift to the world, but if I'd lived here, then moved somewhere else that did not have a Sonic location and it had been a few years since I'd eaten at Sonic, I'd be pretty excited.

The biggest thing is the drinks, not a lot of places offer the variety they do.

Frenzy
07-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Eh...

baseline bum
07-15-2010, 01:04 AM
The drinks (especially the limeaid and strawberry limeaid) are great, but the food is overpriced and lousy. Plus the idea of tipping at a fucking fast food restaurant is sickening, especially with the price of the menu items. If you want me to pay your fucking labor costs then don't charge me more than other fast food joints for the food also.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-15-2010, 01:09 AM
The food blowwwws in my opinion, but the drinks are pretty good. But seriously, damn I cant stand Sonic food.

dallaskd
07-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Drinks are good, so is the breakfast toaster and burrito. one of the few chains that serves tater tots. its pretty good, whataburger remains king imo

badfish22
07-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Drinks are good, so is the breakfast toaster and burrito. one of the few chains that serves tater tots. its pretty good, whataburger remains king imo

:tu to everything you said.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Damnit, now I'm really craving a cherry limeade.

On the bright side, though... I just realized there's some 30 miles away near Tacoma.

Sisk
07-15-2010, 01:44 AM
lol sonic being in the same sentence as fantastic..

But pretty much what dallaskd said

Variety in drinks, and the food is decent.

Jacob1983
07-15-2010, 02:06 AM
Happy hour is between 2pm and 4pm. During that time, drinks are half price.

MavDynasty
07-15-2010, 02:42 AM
meh

whataburger is better as someone has said. the food at sonic isn't great and the chicken is :td

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-15-2010, 03:27 AM
carls jr > whataburger> sonic

xellos88330
07-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Only a couple of things that I like from Sonic. I like their toaster sandwiches, burritos, chili cheese coney and tater tots. Their drinks are really really good IMO.

DMX7
07-15-2010, 03:34 AM
carls jr > whataburger> sonic

I agree 100%. I love me some Carl's jr burgers... yum.

Sonic is about as generic tasting as fast food gets. I do like the Cherry Limeade though.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-15-2010, 03:53 AM
i love those double cheese superstar burgers at carls jr

JudynTX
07-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Is the food at this place really that fantastic? We are having one built here locally close to Baltimore, and if you lived here you would think the people here just hit the lottery. They are exstatic about this restaurant.

Try the Lemon-Berry Slush. Delish!!!!! :toast

TheSonicGuy
07-15-2010, 08:13 AM
The locals just like to bitch....I start out my day with breakFEAST at sonic

Viva Las Espuelas
07-15-2010, 08:44 AM

:tu

phyzik
07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Like everyone said, go for the drinks, not the food.

I have actually ordered food at one chain then went to sonic for my drink. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Yeah, this damn thread made me stop their before I came in. I saw they have a campfire blast now. Basically a smores shake. :wow

Oh and food is so so. Great for the drunken ride home. :D

TheOtherSonicGuy
07-15-2010, 08:55 AM
try the lemon-berry slush. Delish!!!!! :toast

+1

CuckingFunt
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Like everyone said, go for the drinks, not the food.

This.

But, I'm not a huge fan of fast food burgers, so I might not be the one to ask.

ashbeeigh
07-15-2010, 09:16 AM
damn I love sonic. Happy hour is the best thing ever invented. Are they still doing the 2 for 1 shakes?

I haven't had Carl's Jr. yet. I know it's the same as Hardee's which apperantly I adored as a child. But that was nearly 23 years ago.

Like a lot of people said I would die without a Sonic. I think I saw a Sonic commercial when I was living in Wisconsin in '98 and almost broke into tears because it made me homesick.

tlongII
07-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Sonic sucks. Burgerville is the best fastfood you'll ever find.

ididnotnothat
07-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I'll grab chili-cheese burrito once in awhile at sonic and some tots.

ididnotnothat
07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
damn I love sonic. Happy hour is the best thing ever invented. Are they still doing the 2 for 1 shakes?

I haven't had Carl's Jr. yet. I know it's the same as Hardee's which apperantly I adored as a child. But that was nearly 23 years ago.

Like a lot of people said I would die without a Sonic. I think I saw a Sonic commercial when I was living in Wisconsin in '98 and almost broke into tears because it made me homesick.

Carl's jr is noway like Hardee's.

Sportcamper
07-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Burgers, dogs & shakes…The Sonics I have been to are always impeccably clean…What’s not to like?

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/menu/sections.do;jsessionid=F0A57691F286551194C09C39F87 DFE4D.sonic-prod

ashbeeigh
07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Carl's jr is noway like Hardee's.

Oh, really?

Carl's Jr. is an American fast-food restaurant chain located in the Western and Southwestern United States. It is also in the process of expanding into Canada, Mexico, Singapore, Russia, Vietnam, and China. It was founded in 1941 by Carl N. Karcher, and is owned by CKE Restaurants, Inc. Combined with its sibling restaurant chain Hardee's, Carl's Jr. is the #4 US fast food burger chain.

JudynTX
07-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Add chili to your burger, it makes it better. :lol

SpursWoman
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Yeah, this damn thread made me stop their before I came in.

Me, too .... I got a sparkling strawberry lemonade. I usually just get a Diet Cherry Limeade ... but that just looked really good. :toast

Drachen
07-15-2010, 10:33 AM

THIS! for real. I was trying to remember the name of it, LemonBerry Slush!. I really like sonic, whataburger is better, but sonic is a close #2. Not that many people will eat it, but when I was trying to be a vegetarian about 13 years ago, I tried their fish sandwich (this was before I cut fish out). It was the best out of all of the fast food fish sandwiches.

florige
07-15-2010, 10:35 AM

lol, So the overall concensus is the drinks. Someone started a FB page that is titled "Sonic coming to Baltimore". People there are pretty much saying what you guys are saying about those drinks. We don't have nothing here besides the normal fast food chains. BK's McDonalds, Taco Bell, Arby's. No Carl's or whatburger. I guess thats why people here are soooo excited. I will definately take you guy's advice and try the drinks. I can almost guarantee the line is going to be around the corner the first few days they are open.

florige
07-15-2010, 10:36 AM
And ironically enough they are building it directly across the street from a McDonalds.

Drachen
07-15-2010, 10:37 AM
lol, So the overall concensus is the drinks. Someone started a FB page that is titled "Sonic coming to Baltimore". People there are pretty much saying what you guys are saying about those drinks. We don't have nothing here besides the normal fast food chains. BK's McDonalds, Taco Bell, Arby's. No Carl's or whatburger. I guess thats why people here are soooo excited. I will definately take you guy's advice and try the drinks. I can almost guarantee the line is going to be around the corner the first few days they are open.

If that is all you have, then it will be, by far, the best fast food joint that y'all have access to.

JudynTX
07-15-2010, 10:37 AM

It's the fresh lemon and strawberry pieces coming through the straw that make it delicious. :drool: Getting brain freezes is worth it. :D

Some of the Sonics down here have the chicks wearing roller skates/blades.

florige
07-15-2010, 10:39 AM
If that is all you have, then it will be, by far, the best fast food joint that y'all have access to.

Well we also have a Checkers here too. I'm not sure if you guys have them in TX, or under a different name. But there aren't too many of them either. Just one that I have seen.

Drachen
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't think we have checkers. We do however have Chesters. MMmmmmmmm Chesters. (drooling)

OT: the first chesters I ever saw was on pat booker right next to a McDonalds. This was in the late 80s. The McDonalds put "over a billion served" on their marquee, so the next day Chesters put "over 4 served" on their marquee. It was great!

Viva Las Espuelas
07-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Add chili to your burger, it makes diarrhea :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Checkers used to be in SA but I think that was when I was still living there. They were ok. Kinda like rally's or murf's which are also gone from SA. I'm waiting for whopper burger to come back. Le droooooooool :drool:

ididnotnothat
07-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh, really?

Still not the same food genius. I've eaten at both and the burgers don't even compare.

florige
07-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Checkers used to be in SA but I think that was when I was still living there. They were ok. Kinda like rally's or murf's which are also gone from SA. I'm waiting for whopper burger to come back. Le droooooooool :drool:

Checkers fries are freaking great. But their burgers taste like they marinate them in salt overnight before they cook them.

JudynTX
07-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Viva, how many did you eat w/chili? :lol

Sisk
07-15-2010, 11:34 AM
And ironically enough they are building it directly across the street from a McDonalds.

That's how the one is down the street from me.

Oh, Gee!!
07-15-2010, 12:50 PM
its pretty good. Whataburger is better though.

whataburger is better as someone has said. the food at sonic isn't great and the chicken is

I'm sure comparing Sonic to Whataburger offers no guidance to a Baltimore resident since Whataburger has no chains in Maryland.

admiralsnackbar
07-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Only a couple of things that I like from Sonic. I like their toaster sandwiches, burritos, chili cheese coney and tater tots. Their drinks are really really good IMO.

Co-signed.

Drachen
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm sure comparing Sonic to Whataburger offers no guidance to a Baltimore resident since Whataburger has no chains in Maryland.

Your post is ok, the quotes are good, but whataburger is better.

ChuckD
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Oh, really?

Still not the same food genius. I've eaten at both and the burgers don't even compare.

Exactly. PF Changs and Pei Wei are the same company, and I don't think anyone would argue that PF Changs = Pei Wei.

Oh, Gee!!
07-15-2010, 12:59 PM
chris madrids is better--tell them that in Baltimore.

Fpoonsie
07-15-2010, 01:06 PM
My usual order there is the Supersonic cheeseburger, chili cheese tots, and a cherry limeade.

I like Whataburger well enough, I suppose (especially right now when they're serving the ChopHouse Cheddar burger), but I'm pretty sure Sonic would be stiffer competition if it were open 24 hours...prolly not very feasible, though, seeing as how most of them are drive-ins and not drive-thrus.

Drachen
07-15-2010, 01:22 PM
chris madrids is better--tell them that in Baltimore.

You just did!

Spursfan092120
07-15-2010, 01:23 PM
The drinks (especially the limeaid and strawberry limeaid) are great, but the food is overpriced and lousy. Plus the idea of tipping at a fucking fast food restaurant is sickening, especially with the price of the menu items. If you want me to pay your fucking labor costs then don't charge me more than other fast food joints for the food also.
Just noticed your sig...ouch..

Dr. Gonzo
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Add chili to your burger, it makes it better. :lol

You should probably lay off of the chili and the burgers.

MsMcGillyCutty
07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I've never tipped at sonic.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Viva, how many did you eat w/chili? :lol

Oh I don't. I stay away from chili as much as I can. Just the very occasional chili dog with cheese and onion. No diarrhea burger for me.

baseline bum
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM

True. Sonic food may suck in comparison to Whataburger & Carl's Jr, but it murders crap like McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King. I'd put their food on par with Jack in the Crack.

PM5K
07-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Fuck no Whataburger.... I'd stab my mom in the eye with a fork for an A1 burger, onion rings, and a vanilla shake from Whatburger. Too bad they don't make the A1 burger anymore.

ididnotnothat
07-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Fuck no Whataburger.... I'd stab my mom in the eye with a fork for an A1 burger, onion rings, and a vanilla shake from Whatburger. Too bad they don't make the A1 burger anymore.

I keep some A1 on hand and splash some on my burgers.

CuckingFunt
07-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Well we also have a Checkers here too. I'm not sure if you guys have them in TX, or under a different name. But there aren't too many of them either. Just one that I have seen.

Checkers is the same as Rally's. One of the few places I'll consider when I'm too lazy and/or pressed for time to cook.

scampers
07-15-2010, 08:41 PM
They built one here north of Boston awhile back and the whole state was freaking out about it. We waited in line for an hour or so and it was pretty disgusting. Not only did the food suck, but the first time they brought our bag over it had someone's dirty fucking plastic gloves in it.

We went back a second time just to see if it they were having a bad night.. still sucked. I honestly like McDonald's burgers better. The ice cream isn't terrible, though.

Dex
07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
True. Sonic food may suck in comparison to Whataburger & Carl's Jr, but it murders crap like McDonalds, Wendy's, and Burger King. I'd put their food on par with Jack in the Crack.

This. To me there are like four levels of burger, and once you pick a level than they are all about the same.

You can either get a cheap fast food burger, a mid-priced fast food burger, a semi-expensive burger from a sit-down restaurant, or some overpriced meat on a bun from some la-ti-da joint.

jimo2305
07-15-2010, 09:28 PM
what WAS the reason for whataburger discontinuing the A1 burger anyway??

i lived for that burger and was devastated when they took it away.. the one burger they took away..

Dex
07-15-2010, 09:54 PM
what WAS the reason for whataburger discontinuing the A1 burger anyway??

i lived for that burger and was devastated when they took it away.. the one burger they took away..

My bet is that they had some sort of deal with A1, and one of the parties tried to raise the stakes, and the other party didn't like it.

Either that, or they are just pulling a Disney and pulling it from the menu so they can "bring it back" in 5 years and try to cash in.

ginobili's bald spot
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
The food at sonic is disgusting. They have a nice variety of drinks though.

florige
07-15-2010, 10:43 PM
They built one here north of Boston awhile back and the whole state was freaking out about it. We waited in line for an hour or so and it was pretty disgusting. Not only did the food suck, but the first time they brought our bag over it had someone's dirty fucking plastic gloves in it.

We went back a second time just to see if it they were having a bad night.. still sucked. I honestly like McDonald's burgers better. The ice cream isn't terrible, though.

An hour?! That is insane. There isn't a cherry lemonade in the world that would have me stand in line a hour. But I am pretty sure thats how its gonna be here though since you are gonna have a whole bunch of newbie workers working the lines. The logical thing to do would be to bring Sonic employees from other restaurants to run the lines/grills at least for the first couple of days.

scampers
07-16-2010, 04:30 PM
An hour?! That is insane. There isn't a cherry lemonade in the world that would have me stand in line a hour. But I am pretty sure thats how its gonna be here though since you are gonna have a whole bunch of newbie workers working the lines. The logical thing to do would be to bring Sonic employees from other restaurants to run the lines/grills at least for the first couple of days.

Well, we waited in line in our car, since you eat in your car at Sonic. It was still bullshit and not worth it.

JoeChalupa
07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
So many people sonic sucks yet I see people there all the time and I wouldn't be surprised is some of them people are you sonic haters. :lol Why do so many disgusting fast food places do so well? Is it due to the disgusting customers?

JoeChalupa
07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh, nevermind, they are there for the drinks!!!

MannyIsGod
07-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Drinks are good but I don't really like the food there. Onion rings can be ok if not burned but it seems like half the time they get burned. They used to have a chicken fried steak sandwich that was awesome but they stopped that a long ass time ago.

Limeade is ftw though.

JoeChalupa
07-16-2010, 05:58 PM
munchies make it taste better I guess

MannyIsGod
07-16-2010, 06:01 PM
The munchies make everything taste better. Then again maybe you just like shitty food, Joe.

ploto
07-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Only go to Sonic for a 1/2 price slush.

JoeChalupa
07-16-2010, 07:13 PM
The munchies make everything taste better. Then again maybe you just like shitty food, Joe.

:lol along with shitty movies and books. I admit though I don't have a fancy pallet.

mrsmaalox
07-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Only go to Sonic for a 1/2 price slush.

And at less than 200 calories for a small lime one----it's a treat I can't turn down! :tu

mrsmaalox
07-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Drinks are good but I don't really like the food there. Onion rings can be ok if not burned but it seems like half the time they get burned. They used to have a chicken fried steak sandwich that was awesome but they stopped that a long ass time ago.

Limeade is ftw though.

My problem with the onion rings, fries and tots is the "old grease" taste. I'll occasionally have a burger from there but I always pass on anything deep fried.

Melmart1
07-16-2010, 08:10 PM
When I lived in Virginia, they opened one up and the line of cars trying to park spilled out into the street, which was the biggest major thoroughfare in town. They had to get bike cops out there to direct traffic--at a Sonic! Of course, considering the mostly shitty places to eat there, the novelty was pretty high. It took over a month before you could go without waiting in line. But even then, it was always very busy.

And I miss having Rally's, for fast food their burgers were really good and juicy. I hate fast food burgers because they usually way overcook the meat and it comes out dry, but I never had that problem with Rally's. And their fries rocked!

MannyIsGod
07-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Rallys was the shit.

Do you guys remember Puffin Billys?

blizz
07-16-2010, 11:42 PM
the only thing good there are the coneys and the onion rings.

oh crap
07-16-2010, 11:59 PM
green apple or watermelon slushes ftw

Melmart1
07-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Rallys was the shit.

Do you guys remember Puffin Billys?

Oh man, that place was dirt fucking cheap! I also miss GW Jr's, their hot dogs put the Sonic coney to shame.

CuckingFunt
07-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Puffin Billy's? What a name...

Like the bird? Or like a smoker?

marini martini
07-17-2010, 12:45 AM
My problem with the onion rings, fries and tots is the "old grease" taste. I'll occasionally have a burger from there but I always pass on anything deep fried.

This, this is what I hate about Sonic the fucking grease!:vomit

The drinks are OK, in my book!:tu

Anyone remember the "Flying Hamburger" on Blanco, just South of Nimitz???

Oh, Gee!!
07-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh man, that place was dirt fucking cheap! I also miss GW Jr's, their hot dogs put the Sonic coney to shame.

GW Jr. was owned by the last president.

JEREBKO POWER
07-17-2010, 07:52 PM
They charged my friend for a water...and they have bananas on the dollar menu... so no, it's not that great.

4>0rings
07-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Sonic sounds damn good right about now. Their burgers are just average, breakfast is good, tots are great, and drinks are awesome.

florige
07-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Sonic sounds damn good right about now. Their burgers are just average, breakfast is good, tots are great, and drinks are awesome.

You guys need to hear some of the stuff people over here are saying. One dude is talking about camping out the week before the open day. Another person said something like they were going to buy 10 of their jalpeno chedder burger at one time. Man we really need some more fast food carry outs over here. I am going to try their drinks since I have yet to hear one negative about them. Thank goodness this place is in the county and not in the jurisdiction I work. I can totally see this place needing crowd control for the first month.

marini martini
07-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Well all I can say is if you are plugged up Flo, go with the tater tots & cherry limeade!:toast

florige
07-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Well all I can say is if you are plugged up Flo, go with the tater tots & cherry limeade!:toast

This place is 24 hours right?