PDA

View Full Version : Team Ranking

carib
07-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Team Ranking

After all the summer moves so fare where dose your team rank in their conference?

LA
OKC
Spurs
Suns
Denver
Dallas

carib
07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
The Spurs were in the thick of things this year, they were very competitive and made a good push in play off’s but just did not have enough to beat a LA or the Suns. The Spurs did not loss any of their core players they added a few pieces to stay competitive but not enough to beat LA or OKC next year.

The Suns look great this year in the play off’s but fell short against LA. They lost 3 key players in Stoudemire, Barbosa, and big man Dwayne Jones this off season, and replaced them with Turkoglu, and Childress. The lost of those 3 key players were not equally replaced and only made the Suns weaker in the west.

Giuseppe
07-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I don't like to toot my own horn, but, it's 17.

Nobody,,,,,listen carefully now:::nobody closes us out.

Luva told me that after Game 5 a smidge over a month ago.

Just like that.

Amarelooms
07-15-2010, 09:06 AM
LA
Utah
Dallas
Spurs
OKC
Suns

God bless son :elephant

Sotongball21
07-15-2010, 09:15 AM
LA
OKC
Suns
Dallas
Spurs
Utah

tlongII
07-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Porltand
LA
Utah
Denver
Dallas

Shank
07-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Odd to do this so early, but it's for funsies

Lakers
Thunder
Mavs
Blazers
Spurs
Nuggets
Jazz
Suns
Rockets
Clippers

Danny.Zhu
07-15-2010, 09:24 AM
LA
OKC
Portland
Spurs
Dallas
Rockets
Utah
Suns

hater
07-15-2010, 09:30 AM
LA is overrated

Miami
LA
Celtics
Magic
Mavs
Spurs
rest of the league

Giuseppe
07-15-2010, 09:38 AM
LA is overrated

hater, gettin' his ornery on.

picc84
07-15-2010, 09:39 AM
LA and OKC will rule the west. The cHeat, Magic, and Bulls will run the east.

Tom Thibodeau leaving is going to hurt Boston more than they think. So will the corpse of Jermaine O'Neal. Especially when their prize mule KG slips on the embalming fluid leaking from his bandages and breaks his little neck.

tlongII
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
LOL @ OKC. They couldn't beat us last year when we were decimated by injuries. What makes you think they can now? :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
07-15-2010, 10:20 AM
LA (the current champ is always my preseason #1)
OKC
San Antonio
Miami
Portland

Ashy Larry
07-15-2010, 10:20 AM
LA
Miami
Rest

Drachen
07-15-2010, 10:25 AM
LA
Utah
Dallas
Spurs
OKC
Suns

God bless son :elephant

Even you don't believe that.

lil_penny
07-15-2010, 10:46 AM
LOL @ OKC. They couldn't beat us last year when we were decimated by injuries. What makes you think they can now? :lol

Seriously lol

We even beat them without roy the last time hahaha.. they had one person injured and that was kristic the whole season for like 2 games lol.. we had like 300 games missed from everyone not named webster or miller and we finiished ahead of them lol

Imho

Lakers
Mavs
Blazers
Jazz
Nuggets
Rockets
Spurs
Okc

Okc was a pretty solid team last year against the lakers, but they still need a low post scorer and a better bench.. durants a stud and westbrook has a chance in the future of being a all star but that's it.. if the rockets were healthy last year okc wouldn't of made the playoffs imo

djohn2oo8
07-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Seriously lol

We even beat them without roy the last time hahaha.. they had one person injured and that was kristic the whole season for like 2 games lol.. we had like 300 games missed from everyone not named webster or miller and we finiished ahead of them lol

Imho

Lakers
Mavs
Blazers
Jazz
Nuggets
Rockets
Spurs
Okc

Okc was a pretty solid team last year against the lakers, but they still need a low post scorer and a better bench.. durants a stud and westbrook has a chance in the future of being a all star but that's it.. if the rockets were healthy last year okc wouldn't of made the playoffs imo

Sadly, the fates of the Rox and Blazers have become similar as of late. Would be interesting to see what Portland can do with a healthy Oden

BUMP
07-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Say what you want about Dallas not getting Jefferson but we still have a solid team that ended up getting the #2 seed last year.

Lakers
Dallas
Portland (if healthy)
Utah
OKC
San Antonio
Denver
Phoenix

Spursmania
07-15-2010, 11:01 AM

Because your players will find ways to get hurt as usual.:toast

Spursmania
07-15-2010, 11:04 AM
All joking aside:

Lakers
OKC
Portland
Spurs
Dallas
Utah

Edward
07-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Nearly everyone on that roster has room for improvement, even their two best players. Their best 3 bench players were rookies last year so at the very least they'll go from a shitty bench to a serviceable bench.

Here's my guess for standings next year:

LA
OKC
Portland (assuming they at least get healthy seasons from Roy, Aldridge, Batum, Miller and Camby)
Dallas
Utah
San Antonio
Denver
Memphis (assuming Z-Bo isn't in trouble for dealing drugs)
Phoenix
Houston
New Orleans
LA Clippers
Sacramento
Golden State
Minnesota

I might be wrong ranking Phoenix so low considering how everyone did the same last season and they surprised people, but last year that team was dead in the water had they not gotten a perfect storm victory against Dallas when Dallas was also a mess to the point where they won while benching Amare. Had that game not happened and had Amare not proceeded to carry the team from that point on, they're lottery bound.

lil_penny
07-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Sadly, the fates of the Rox and Blazers have become similar as of late. Would be interesting to see what Portland can do with a healthy Oden

Honestly what has our teams done to be this cursed with injuries lol its one thing if the injury bug keeps getting one player like oden or yao.. but leave the rest of the team alone lol... I'm praying oden plays 65 to 70 games atleast next year. While be healthy the last part of the season into the playoffs

mike20spurs
07-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Seriously? Everyone has the Mavs way on top. All they did was promise Lebron and fail to get some free agents. Oh wait they signed Mahimi... oh well

LA
OKC
Spurs
Utah
Denver
Dallas
Portland
Suns

Edward
07-15-2010, 11:18 AM

They went from 23 wins to 50 wins last season. Their best 3 bench players are entering their 2nd year (so there's your answer to a better bench), Westbrook is still improving and entering his 3rd year, and even KD and Green still have room to get better. You can't deny the likelihood this team will only continue to get better.

Muser
07-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Portland need to prove they can stay healthy before anyone puts them in the top 4.

Edward
07-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Portland need to prove they can stay healthy before anyone puts them in the top 4.

IMO Batum and Roy just had unlucky seasons neither one was ever injury prone prior to last year. Camby hasn't had any recent injury woes, and Miller + Aldridge stayed healthy. The lineup of Miller, Roy, Batum, Aldridge and Camby is good for a top 4 seed in the West with decent bench support.

lil_penny
07-15-2010, 12:09 PM
They went from 23 wins to 50 wins last season. Their best 3 bench players are entering their 2nd year (so there's your answer to a better bench), Westbrook is still improving and entering his 3rd year, and even KD and Green still have room to get better. You can't deny the likelihood this team will only continue to get better.

I agree this team has nothing but upside and will continure getting better but I can name at least 4 teams next year that without major injuries should finish ahead of them. I think they are a definite playoff team next year. But no way they have the 2nd sead let alone homecourt.. maybe I'm wrong though.

Edward
07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
They were 3 wins away from being tied for a top 4 seed, and 5 wins away from being tied for the 2 seed. They improved by 27 wins last season, didn't lose anyone, and added minor talent. It's no guarantee they improve enough to be the 2 seed next season, but it's not the small possibility tlong scoffs.

MiamiHeat
07-15-2010, 12:18 PM
1. Miami
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Chicago
29382938293101. Cleveland

Goran Dragic
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Yesterday I bet my friend $40 (not a lot) that the Cavs would win less than 30 games, I'm baffled as to why he did that but it's the easiest $40 I've ever made.

stretch
07-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Lakers
Mavericks
Thunder
Nuggets

those are going to be the main 4 with a solid shot at getting to the Finals

bostonguy
07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Lakers
Mavericks
Thunder
Nuggets

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

bostonguy
07-15-2010, 12:43 PM
In the West: The Lakers and then everybody else.

In the East: The Heat and then everybody else.

dallasmavsnfuego214
07-15-2010, 12:48 PM
The Heat/Lakers aren't invincible.

Phoenix could've won game 5 last year had one or two bounces gone their way. If they do they're up 3-2 and likely close out the series in game 6. While LA has been dominant, they're gonna have to lose sometime. We saw it in 2003 when they got complacent and were overtaken by the Spurs. Nobody really saw that happening in the offseason.

So who knows? The Mavs, Spurs, Blazers, Thunder, and Nuggets could all compete with LA if healthy.

da_suns_fan
07-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Who would have thought that Amare Stoudemire versus Hedo Turkoglu was the difference between sweeping the Spurs and being the second best team in the west (maybe in the league) and being a borderline playoff team.

Goran Dragic
07-15-2010, 01:11 PM
IMO it's more complicated than that. Hedo is a terrible fit for the team because he's only effective in an offense run through him with the ball in his hands, his skillset is more or less useless on a team with an elite PG. We all know how much of a great fit Amare was, so really it's replacing Amare with nothing.

It's a shame, because if they somehow kept Amare and also traded for a motivated Turkoglu, they could be a matchup nightmare with two different ball handlers to run pick and rolls with Amare.

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Even though Amare didn't have a monster series against the Spurs, he opened things up for everybody..the Spurs are ALWAYS aware of where Stoudemire is, and he's always the main target for the D in pick and roll situations, and pretty much any time Nash has the ball..he opened things up for everybody on the Suns team..

Turkoglu will be a horrible fit IMO..this is coming from somebody that watched most Raptor games..Turkoglu needs the ball in his hands as the primary player on the wing, and he needs to play the pick&roll for the majority of his possessions..I think he will be better in Phoenix than he was in Toronto, mostly due to dedication and motivation, but I don't think he's going to fit in well..obviously that's just my opinion though, I could easily be wrong..

Right now, off the top of my head, by levels, not necessarily in order IMO:

Miami..
LA..

Orlando..
Boston..

Dallas..
San Antonio..
Portland..
Chicago..
OKC..
Denver..
Utah..
Milwaukee..
Atlanta..

Phoenix(could move up)..
Houston(could move up, if healthy)..
New York..

Charlotte..
Sacramento..
Memphis..

LA Clippers(could move up)..
Golden State(could move up)..
New Jersey..
Philly..
Detroit..
New Orleans..

Minnesota..
Indiana..
Toronto..
Cleveland..
Washington..

da_suns_fan
07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
IMO it's more complicated than that. Hedo is a terrible fit for the team because he's only effective in an offense run through him with the ball in his hands, his skillset is more or less useless on a team with an elite PG. We all know how much of a great fit Amare was, so really it's replacing Amare with nothing.

It's a shame, because if they somehow kept Amare and also traded for a motivated Turkoglu, they could be a matchup nightmare with two different ball handlers to run pick and rolls with Amare.

I agree 110%. Replacing LB with Hedo and keeping the rest of last years team is awesome on paper.

carib
07-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Lakers
Mavericks
Thunder
Nuggets

Is this list in order or you are just a Dallas homer

mavs>spurs2
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
lakers
okc
dallas

rest doesn't matter, really neither does anyone but LA. bullshit ass league

Goran Dragic
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I agree 110%. Replacing LB with Hedo and keeping the rest of last years team is awesome on paper.

Pretty much. It's remarkable what Sarver has achieved. He inherited a team that had Joe Johnson and Amare on rookie deals, had Marion in his prime, had the 7th overall pick in a good draft, had Cleveland's 2005 draft pick, and also had a ton of cap flexibility that allowed them to sign Steve Nash. Just 6 years later, he turned them into a team that'll be starting Hedo Turkoglu at power forward while not even being able to get a finals appearance along the line, and in the process was such a douche bag that he drove nearly all the worthy front office personnel outa town.

BRHornet45
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Sons the Hornets WILL WIN AT LEAST 60 GAMES NEXT SEASON .. Peja will return to his all star form and put up 25pts per game

spursfan1000
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
LA
Dallas
Spurs
OKC
Denver
Suns

Suns should be a lock for last in this group of teams.

spursfan1000
07-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Sons the Hornets WILL WIN AT LEAST 60 GAMES NEXT SEASON .. Peja will return to his all star form and put up 25pts per game

He will also give up 30 points due to his HORRIBLE defense.

Goran Dragic
07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
You're giving the Suns too much credit by calling them a top 6 team.

cobbler
07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Honestly what has our teams done to be this cursed with injuries lol its one thing if the injury bug keeps getting one player like oden or yao.. but leave the rest of the team alone lol... I'm praying oden plays 65 to 70 games atleast next year. While be healthy the last part of the season into the playoffs

TlongII :bang

redzero
07-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Even though Amare didn't have a monster series against the Spurs, he opened things up for everybody..the Spurs are ALWAYS aware of where Stoudemire is, and he's always the main target for the D in pick and roll situations, and pretty much any time Nash has the ball..he opened things up for everybody on the Suns team..

Turkoglu will be a horrible fit IMO..this is coming from somebody that watched most Raptor games..Turkoglu needs the ball in his hands as the primary player on the wing, and he needs to play the pick&roll for the majority of his possessions..I think he will be better in Phoenix than he was in Toronto, mostly due to dedication and motivation, but I don't think he's going to fit in well..obviously that's just my opinion though, I could easily be wrong..

Right now, off the top of my head, by levels, not necessarily in order IMO:

Miami..
LA..

Orlando..
Boston..

Dallas..
San Antonio..
Portland..
Chicago..
OKC..
Denver..
Utah..
Milwaukee..
Atlanta..

Phoenix(could move up)..
Houston(could move up, if healthy)..
New York..

Charlotte..
Sacramento..
Memphis..

LA Clippers(could move up)..
Golden State(could move up)..
New Jersey..
Philly..
Detroit..
New Orleans..

Minnesota..
Indiana..
Toronto..
Cleveland..
Washington..

You're really putting the Hornets on the same level as the Clippers and the Warriors?

Darrin
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
West Playoffs (as of July 15, 2010):
1. LA Lakers - 57-25
2. Oklahoma City Thunder - 55-27
3. Dallas Mavericks - 52-30
4. Denver Nuggets - 50-32
5. Portland Trailblazers - 48-34
6. Houston Rockets - 46-36
7. Utah Jazz - 44-38
8. San Antonio Spurs - 44-38

East Playoffs (as of July 15, 2010):
1. Miami Heat - 62-20
2. Chicago Bulls - 58-24
3. Orlando Magic - 55-27
4. Milwaukee Bucks - 50-32
5. Atlanta Hawks - 48-34
6. Boston Celtics - 44-38
7. Cleveland Cavaliers - 42-40
8. New York Knicks - 39-43

Where does my team, the Detroit Pistons, rank? In the bottom 3 of the Conference, challenging for the worst record.

Kai
07-16-2010, 02:47 AM
West Playoffs (as of July 15, 2010):
1. LA Lakers - 57-25
2. Oklahoma City Thunder - 55-27
3. Dallas Mavericks - 52-30
4. Denver Nuggets - 50-32
5. Portland Trailblazers - 48-34
6. Houston Rockets - 46-36
7. Utah Jazz - 44-38
8. San Antonio Spurs - 44-38

East Playoffs (as of July 15, 2010):
1. Miami Heat - 62-20
2. Chicago Bulls - 58-24
3. Orlando Magic - 55-27
4. Milwaukee Bucks - 50-32
5. Atlanta Hawks - 48-34
6. Boston Celtics - 44-38
7. Cleveland Cavaliers - 42-40
8. New York Knicks - 39-43

Where does my team, the Detroit Pistons, rank? In the bottom 3 of the Conference, challenging for the worst record.

I'd like to think Yao will win us more than 4 more games than we won last year. The Rockets need to prove it though. They weren't in the mix last year. Out of site, out of mind, or so it appears in this thread.

Kevin Durant 35
07-16-2010, 03:07 AM
1. LA
2. OKC
3. Dallas
4. Portland (if healthy)
5. Spurs (if healthy maybe even better)

:lmao at whoever thinks Cavs will make the playoffs

The Third Man
07-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Lakers
Portland
Dallas
OKC
Spurs
Rockets
Nuggets
Jazz

Mike-in-brazil
07-16-2010, 09:15 AM
why is Miami mentioned in the west .....??....hate, but be smart about it lol

LakeShow<---the champs
Thunder<---better every year toughest team in west
Spurs<----no bruce bowen not as healthy
jazz<----getting better just always end up getting lakers b4 WCF..lol
Nuggets<----fire power ..only person who thinks is chauncey
Suns<----bumped down three key cats left..need to prove it again
Mavs<---got bumped down cause they let a 70% healthy spurs team beat them with no bruce bowen..when mavs got an upgrade no way they are top contenders
Trailblazers<----needs to prove it to be top ranked...they let us down every year its going to change this year cause ?????

who ever put Portland at top is thinking with gut and heart..good fan !!

The Franchise
07-16-2010, 09:28 AM
I'd like to think Yao will win us more than 4 more games than we won last year. The Rockets need to prove it though. They weren't in the mix last year. Out of site, out of mind, or so it appears in this thread.

I actually prefer it that way. It's more satisfying when the other teams don't see it coming.