PDA

View Full Version : Can Chris Paul for Parker be done?

galvatron3000
07-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Ok, I know this is getting ridiculous and I'm almost ashamed to start yet another one but I think this is a legitimate proposal if the number can work, reason being is Paul has a 2 year deal worth around $7 million per while Parker has a $13 mil deal left. There is reason to believe Paul will leave and speculation about Tony are being generated and I don't doubt them simply because it was verified by Tony that he was being shopped.

Here's the deal, Spurs can gain the services of Paul for 2 years while Paul more than likely leaving the Hornets is likely to occur, gaining Parker's service for 1 year then being free from his contract or having a possibility of re signing him while still having Collins as the backup shouldn't hurt them too much.

Spurs' can have a Paul and Ginobili backcourt which also help Jefferson because Paul can get him the ball, also I think Paul would help make Anderson a better player much sooner than he will playing next to Parker which is probably why the Spurs were also looking to trade Tony. A Paul-Ginobili-Jefferson-Anderson backcourt would be a bit more dangerous plus having a players with the skill set of Paul would certainly help Splitter as well.

Anyway, my question is (Bruno) can it be done numbers wise? Would any of you oppose this why or why not?

LoneStarState'sPride
07-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Oh look, another Tony Parker trade thread.

lefty
07-15-2010, 10:00 AM
http://marylandshooter.com/ar15/Funny/InBeforeTheLock.gif

galvatron3000
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey I'm looking at it like this:

Spurs have 2 years to try to convince Paul to stay plus can transition into the after Duncan era much better having Paul-Splitter-Anderson-Blair

Hornets would have to be thinking cap space or trying to get Parker to stay.

I'm not saying they are but that's how I'm thinking. HEy merege this in with another Parker trade thread, I don't care but I think the question is valid

ducks
07-15-2010, 10:03 AM
he has publically said mel, amare and him are going to form the big three in new york

galvatron3000
07-15-2010, 10:04 AM
he has publically said mel, amare and him are going to form the big three in new york

Parker said this? I know Amare' said it but Parker said this?

coyotes_geek
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Hmm. So out of fears that Chris Paul would leave them two seasons from now the Hornets are going to want to trade him for a guy who would leave them after next season. Sorry, don't see it.

galvatron3000
07-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Hmm. So out of fears that Chris Paul would leave them two seasons from now the Hornets are going to want to trade him for a guy who would leave them after next season. Sorry, don't see it.

If they can get his money off the books one year earlier by trading for Parker who has only one year left

AFBlue
07-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Not sure where you got the info for Paul, but he under contract for $14.9M this season, so the trade should work. As to whether the Hornets could justify sending Paul to the Spurs for a likely one-year rental of Parker and maybe a sweetner (Blair?), who knows.

Spurs reportedly offered Parker for Paul last season and were rebuffed. It's possible with the firing of Jeff Bower they might have softened their stance, but it's still unlikely.

Chris Paul on the Spurs at this point is a pipe-dream.

galvatron3000
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Ok, @AfBlue, I must have misunderstood the numbers I saw on ESPN, they had $14 for 2 years, I thought it was saying something else which I thought was weird Paul was making much less than Parker. Ok, then my bad

Mark in Austin
07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Paul isn't going anywhere until the sale of the team is completed. A player that good effects franchise value. Unless Shinn is completely out of money, there's no way he trades him. Now of the sale falls through... all bets are off. But still, Shinn knows it would be pretty damn hard to sell tickets in NO without Paul given how much the community has embraced him.

ducks
07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
parker said this? I know amare' said it but parker said this?

paul not parker

coyotes_geek
07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
If they can get his money off the books one year earlier by trading for Parker who has only one year left

If the Hornets decided to move Paul they can get a much better deal that includes high draft picks and some young players.

will_spurs
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM

I don't even know if it's really desirable. Parker is an elite PG whose style works for the Spurs system, not in small part due to the fact that his style has been shaped by and for the Spurs system. I'm not sure what people would want from another elite PG at this stage. In other words, what would a guy like CP do that Parker can't within the limits of the Spurs system.

Some days I wish TP would go somewhere else for a while so that everybody can see him drop 8-10 assists on any given night. But it's not possible in SA because the Spurs mode of operation is not to have one player spoon feed the others, it's about ball movement, getting one man open and letting him take his shot. No PG would ever average 10 assists a night in this system. Not Nash, not Paul, not anybody.

galvatron3000
07-15-2010, 10:16 AM
If the Hornets decided to move Paul they can get a much better deal that includes high draft picks and some young players.

Yea but they would have gotten it sooner if Parker decided to leave by re signing Parker in a sign and trade deal but no matter, my info was flawed from the start of the thread

ducks
07-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Not sure where you got the info for Paul, but he under contract for $14.9M this season, so the trade should work. As to whether the Hornets could justify sending Paul to the Spurs for a likely one-year rental of Parker and maybe a sweetner (Blair?), who knows.

Spurs reportedly offered Parker for Paul last season and were rebuffed. It's possible with the firing of Jeff Bower they might have softened their stance, but it's still unlikely.

paul said he was going to new york form the big three
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158833&highlight=paul

BadOne
07-15-2010, 10:19 AM
http://marylandshooter.com/ar15/Funny/InBeforeTheLock.gif

:lmao

galvatron3000
I don't even know if it's really desirable. Parker is an elite PG whose style works for the Spurs system, not in small part due to the fact that his style has been shaped by and for the Spurs system. I'm not sure what people would want from another elite PG at this stage. In other words, what would a guy like CP do that Parker can't within the limits of the Spurs system.

Some days I wish TP would go somewhere else for a while so that everybody can see him drop 8-10 assists on any given night. But it's not possible in SA because the Spurs mode of operation is not to have one player spoon feed the others, it's about ball movement, getting one man open and letting him take his shot. No PG would ever average 10 assists a night in this system. Not Nash, not Paul, not anybody.

If you have guys like Jefferson-Splitter-Blair-Anderson then Paul would make those guys better because of his skill set, Parker is good but in a different way and if you have Parker then you need to at least get rid of Jefferon. Paul play would be more infectious for these guys because of his passing

Brazil
ahhhhhh cool the daily parker thread !

galvatron3000
07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
ahhhhhh cool the daily parker thread !

I a sure you, I wasn't trying to troll and I definitely didn't want to add yet another but with the info I had I thought this was valid

coyotes_geek
07-15-2010, 10:24 AM

Chris Paul happens to be pretty good at pick and roll just like Parker is, he's just as good a scorer as Parker is and he's a better defender than Parker is. What possible concerns could you have about Paul fitting in here?

Even if Paul wasn't the prototypical guy to fit the Spurs system, it's Chris freaking Paul, not some role player. You change the system to fit his strengths.

AFBlue
07-15-2010, 10:28 AM

Disagree about the system. Five years ago I would've agreed, but in the past couple years this has really become about the lead guards orchestrating. Last year Parker was supposed to really take over running the game on the court, but he was never healthy enough to do so effectively. Fortunately, Manu was there to assume that role in the latter half of the season.

If Chris Paul were on this team, as currently constructed, I think he's averaging more assists per game than Tony because he's just a superior player in that regard.

galvatron3000
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
The Spurs' current personnel would be better suited for Paul than Parker in my view

Kermit
07-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I would love to have Chris Paul, but no matter the creative thinking that goes into dreaming up a proposal, you have a better chance of bedding Brooklyn Decker.

ElNono
07-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Because Paul would pass the ball! TP doesn't pass the ball! :rolleyes

Just fucking shoot me

Seventyniner
07-15-2010, 10:47 AM
The Spurs would trade Parker for Paul in a heartbeat. The Hornets could do better than any combination that the Spurs could offer. May as well offer Manu to the Heat for Wade.

kaji157
07-15-2010, 10:54 AM
If there were any real chances of this happening then there might be a point in talking about it.
But there isnīt.
The Hornets prefer to loose Paul for nothing ot to trade him in his contract year than adding a one year rental Tony Parker. Because there is no way that Parker stays on that team.
If we get an extension for Parker around 6 years 81 millions or 5 years 66 millions then there might be a slight chance once the new owner takes over.

ChuckD
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Collison did a GREAT job for them when Paul was out last year. Look at it as a one year apprenticeship under Parker, with a huge salary rolling of of the Hornet's books next summer, something they ALWAYS like to see.

venitian navigator
07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
If there were any real chances of this happening then there might be a point in talking about it.
But there isnīt.
The Hornets prefer to loose Paul for nothing ot to trade him in his contract year than adding a one year rental Tony Parker. Because there is no way that Parker stays on that team.
If we get an extension for Parker around 6 years 81 millions or 5 years 66 millions then there might be a slight chance once the new owner takes over.

In case of a prearranged extension for the max Parker could see New Orleans as a very good place to go.
Young franchise, french speaking place, and he will be the "main piece" and could easily became the "face" of the franchise...playing for max money.
The point is if N.O. has already given up to the fact that they're gonna lose Paul in one way or the other...

callo1
07-15-2010, 11:48 AM
I vote we trade Parker for Mofofo platters from Los Barios...I'm hungry:)

Josepatches_
07-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Because Paul would pass the ball! TP doesn't pass the ball! :rolleyes

Just fucking shoot me

No.Because CP3 >TP.

It would be great but it's not gonna happen.

vander
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
if we traded for Chris Paul, or signed Chris Paul, I'd be done with the Spurs and the NBA

I hate that little bitch as much as I hate Derek Fisher, I could not handle him being on my favorite team

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif

:downspin:

coyotes_geek
07-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Collison did a GREAT job for them when Paul was out last year. Look at it as a one year apprenticeship under Parker, with a huge salary rolling of of the Hornet's books next summer, something they ALWAYS like to see.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that the Hornets choose not to look at it that way.

Nathan89
07-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Unrelated

What is spurstalk cash and how do you get it???

ducks
07-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Unrelated

go to faq

Obstructed_View
07-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Unrelated

vbookie bets and games in the arcade.

Now this thread has some value.

And yes, ducks has 41,000 other posts that are just as useless as the one above.