PDA

View Full Version : Midsummer Western Conference Rankings- Spurs at #6

jgome21
07-15-2010, 03:35 PM
www.thehasbeenssports.com (http://www.thehasbeenssports.com)

Check It.

spursfaninla
07-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Dallas to get another 2nd seed and 1st round exit?

This ranking is ok. It might actually predict where each team ends up for playoff brackets, and includes all the likely teams to make the playoffs.

Other than that, everything 2-8 is kind of up in the air.

Dallas still lacks slashers and their PG is ancient.

Denver's pg is also very old, and they just lack cohesion.

Spurs, well, we all know their problems.

Utah has new pieces, who knows how that works out.

Portland depends on injuries or not.

lots of unknowns.

slick'81
07-15-2010, 04:21 PM
spurs have essentially the same team plus splitter/anderson dont expect to many people to catapult us to the top of the wc

spursfan1000
07-15-2010, 04:33 PM
spurs have essentially the same team plus splitter/anderson dont expect to many people to catapult us to the top of the wc

But we resigned Bonner for 4 years :hat

elbamba
07-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Every move was a steal in this article.

rayray2k8
07-15-2010, 04:40 PM
I've got no problem with the rankings. Thunder are tough bunch and Dallas is real tough to beat. 1st round exit will be fresh on their minds when the season starts.

But I'm hoping that the spurs go under the rader like the good old days. Seems like the spurs might have.

spursfan1000
07-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I disagree with Thunder at #3, that's about it, and that Jazz will make playoffs over Rockets.

Hooks
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Why the fuck is the team we swept last year ahead of us? They haven't done shit this off-season.

ohmwrecker
07-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Why the fuck is the team we swept last year ahead of us? They haven't done shit this off-season.

That is why I made this thread

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159013

that no one seems interested in.

ffadicted
07-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Houston? really lol
Also lol @ the comment about how Dallas' starting lineup is majorly primed for a deep playoff run, when that same lineup (one year younger) lost in the first round last year lol

D-rob fan
07-15-2010, 06:41 PM

Don't forget a healthy Tony Parker too...hopefully. 2008-2009 TP >>>> 2009-2010 TP

barbacoataco
07-15-2010, 09:30 PM
The rankings are OK, but Dallas is too high after losing to the Spurs in the 1st round. Also the Mavs are getting old just like the Spurs. Look for the young teams like OKC and PORT to do well in the regular season, and maybe in the playoffs too if they gel.

G-Dawgg
07-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Sounds like a first round exit for us this year...

tdunk21
07-16-2010, 02:18 AM
we are better under radar....

tdunk21
07-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Sounds like a first round exit for us this year...

go fuck urself weirdo

Felix_1616
07-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Houston? really lol
Also lol @ the comment about how Dallas' starting lineup is majorly primed for a deep playoff run, when that same lineup (one year younger) lost in the first round last year lol

Houston looks strong this year. I believe they are going to be a surprise to everyone in the West. Also, Dallas is no slouch either. I know they got ripped a new a-hole in the playoffs last year, but make no mistake, they can play. As for us...6...I could see us there starting the year. Ending is a different story, but I want to go out and perform and let our game do the talking first.

mingus
07-16-2010, 01:42 PM
i think the Spurs are a top 4-5 team if they can get a 3-point shooting sf, and/or if RJ can become that guy. they fixed the "big" problem, now they've gotoo fix that problem.

rascal
07-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Its basically the same team with small upgrades. More of a change was needed to last years roster than what the spurs have done to increase the probability to another title. Splitter and Anderson will not push this team to a championship level team.

But if everything works out just right like further improvements with Hill and Blair, Parker regaining form from a couple of years ago, Splitter and Anderson are better than expected, Manu plays like the 2nd half of last year, everyone stays healthy and the other top teams have injuries than the spurs can sneak in. But there are a lot of variables that have to fall just right for the spurs to go far. Not likely but not impossible.

Felix_1616
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Its basically the same team with small upgrades. More of a change was needed to last years roster than what the spurs have done to increase the probability to another title. Splitter and Anderson will not push this team to a championship level team.

But if everything works out just right like further improvements with Hill and Blair, Parker regaining form from a couple of years ago, Splitter and Anderson are better than expected, Manu plays like the 2nd half of last year, everyone stays healthy and the other top teams have injuries than the spurs can sneak in. But there are a lot of variables that have to fall just right for the spurs to go far. Not likely but not impossible.

Key statement right there. That is a helluva lot of if's you named in there...

rascal
07-16-2010, 01:53 PM
i think the Spurs are a top 4-5 team if they can get a 3-point shooting sf, and/or if RJ can become that guy. they fixed the "big" problem, now they've gotoo fix that problem.

the big problem is not fixed. The spurs needed to add 2 bigs. Bonner and McDyess won't cut it getting quality minutes. This is what I did not want to see, add Splitter and everyone is happy believing the frontline is good.

K-State Spur
07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
The rankings are OK, but Dallas is too high after losing to the Spurs in the 1st round. Also the Mavs are getting old just like the Spurs. Look for the young teams like OKC and PORT to do well in the regular season, and maybe in the playoffs too if they gel.

Old like the Spurs? Mavs are oldER.

Felix_1616
07-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Old like the Spurs? Mavs are oldER.

Correct. The Spurs average age is 26.8 years old while the Mavs average is 27.9

elemento
07-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Thunder is a very exciting team to watch and they have a superstar. But they are so overrated by everyone in media. I know they're young and they're improving year after year, but without good BIGS, they're not going anywhere.

The Rockets with Yao heath would have a better chance to beat the Lakers then the Thunder.

TDMVPDPOY
07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
rockets will not make the playoffs....

Felix_1616
07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
rockets will not make the playoffs....

Dumb statement

bdictjames
07-19-2010, 01:34 PM
I think that barring injuries, Spurs are a top four team. We might even win the Southwest.

J.T.
07-19-2010, 03:13 PM
I'd love to see Splitter put Gasol on clamps so we can end all this "best big man in the NBA" bullshit coming out of ESPN's mouth all day.

Felix_1616
07-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I think that barring injuries, Spurs are a top four team. We might even win the Southwest.

Very optimistic, bud. Possible? Of course. With Pop at the helm, anything is. The West is just so damn good lol.